chucks party // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  |

Sorry everyone...

Sep 2, 2001, 10:22am
Oh gosh here we go again, lol there are no rules in the Charter that make html
against the rules. There are people who can't seem to get that thru their thick
heads but this is the fact of the matter. Some people have News Reader programs
that do not read html, bottom line they are the ones that do not like it so try
to shuv their beliefs that it's wrong on everyone else, you have done nothing
wrong Ryan and there is no need to apologize to these goof balls, lol Using
large pictures or something might be a problem so try to keep it as low in k as
possible when you do post in html. That's just common courtesy.

[View Quote]

Sorry everyone...

Sep 2, 2001, 10:22am
Oh gosh here we go again, lol there are no rules in the Charter that make html
against the rules. There are people who can't seem to get that thru their thick
heads but this is the fact of the matter. Some people have News Reader programs
that do not read html, bottom line they are the ones that do not like it so try
to shuv their beliefs that it's wrong on everyone else, you have done nothing
wrong Ryan and there is no need to apologize to these goof balls, lol Using
large pictures or something might be a problem so try to keep it as low in k as
possible when you do post in html. That's just common courtesy.

[View Quote]

New York World's Valentine Gift To The Community

Feb 2, 2001, 7:21pm
Declare your love in an AD on New York World's famous replication of Times
Square. Telegram your message to NewYorker in AW. You can also send a friend
or loved one a Valentine's Day E-mail or one of 80 different cards to choose
from to send in a Telegram with a URL to that special someone at newyork 17n
11.5w 230. Happy Valentine's Day AW ! ! ! :) FriendPA

AWCI-Stop using backgrounds with fog! It doesn't work and looks gay.

Mar 9, 2001, 11:20pm
I don't care for your use of the word gay since I am gay and see nothing
wrong with it. And personally don't like the fog either so I don't see
what's so gay about it. In my opinion it looks very straight and was
probably a straight person who changed it and used it there, so more than
likely the fog is a straight thing, LOLOL :-P

[View Quote]

Technical newsgroup

Mar 15, 2001, 9:25am
I use DX8a the latest version of DX8 and 98SE, and no problems here
whatsoever. I still dislike the fading midis but oh well that's another
issue, lol but got around that now with name=o)

[View Quote]

Sorry everyone...

Sep 2, 2001, 10:22am
Oh gosh here we go again, lol there are no rules in the Charter that make html
against the rules. There are people who can't seem to get that thru their thick
heads but this is the fact of the matter. Some people have News Reader programs
that do not read html, bottom line they are the ones that do not like it so try
to shuv their beliefs that it's wrong on everyone else, you have done nothing
wrong Ryan and there is no need to apologize to these goof balls, lol Using
large pictures or something might be a problem so try to keep it as low in k as
possible when you do post in html. That's just common courtesy.

[View Quote]

First post

Jun 22, 2001, 3:24pm
Yeah that would be nice, caps in names in the NG, what a concept, LOL

[View Quote]

hmmm 3rd post, lol

Jun 20, 2001, 11:33pm
Wow only took them 12 days to add this, lol I don't remember it taking 12
days to add any of the other NG discussion groups. Hell, I can make a new NG
in about 5 minutes on MSN, lol

inquery

Jun 22, 2001, 3:01pm
Well it's good to hear eep is good at something other than swearing and
running his hands across a keyboard and insulting every person in this NG,
lol

[View Quote]

inquery

Jun 22, 2001, 6:44pm
yeppers, I've seen eep in action, LOL

The Newsgroups are back!

Jun 22, 2001, 3:06pm
Oh gee I can't wait, lolol Where's eep now when you need him, LOL Oh that's
right, I forgot, I blocked him, lol

[View Quote]

Pie....

Jun 23, 2001, 11:07am
LOL I see the SNERTS are already trying to control this NG now too, LOL
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers 8-P~ ~

[View Quote]

AW OLYMPICS RECEPTION PARTY & TRIVIA MASTER

Jun 24, 2001, 8:19pm
Today on New York World: AW Olympics Recption Party and Trivia Master Sunday
June 24th 9pm VRT at the Studio54 Club newyork 48n 11.8w 180

General discussion

Jun 26, 2001, 5:35am
Amen Nornny, Amen LOL

[View Quote]

General discussion

Jun 26, 2001, 5:38am
LMAO!!! ba-a-a-a-a-a LOL

[View Quote]

How it's supposed to work..

Jun 26, 2001, 5:26am
Thanx Chris, couldn't have said it better myself, LOL Now if we can get
these other Bozos to grasp the concept we might have something fun here, LOL

[View Quote]

Why we post stupid stuff (kinda lengthy)

Jun 26, 2001, 5:29am
eep, mature, hahahahaha That'll be the day LOL

[View Quote]

Post Number 100!!!

Jun 26, 2001, 7:52pm
discussion, LOL

[View Quote]

Low Citizen Numbers, would they sell?

Jun 30, 2001, 7:02am
Those people are still Citizens, when you relinquish a name someone can
immediately use it, the only thing that always remains constant is your
Citizen number. If there is a name attached to them that means they are
still renewing those account numbers.

[View Quote]

workshift

Jul 2, 2001, 5:23am
I hear that doesn't pay well tho, LOLOL

[View Quote]

Total time online

Jul 3, 2001, 7:20am
78 days 4 hrs 48 mins :)

[View Quote]

something that you should think about....

Jul 8, 2001, 8:08am
Makes no sense trying to understand it. The mere fact that we are even here to
think and ponder these things is an enigma in itself. Trying to figure out why
this is even all here at all and what made all of this is something that will
drive you to the point of insanity to try and comprehend. It's just all here and
it just all is. To not believe in 1 thing means you can't believe in anything
else. If you can think it, it is real. Just as real as anything else, wether it
be God or no God. What you think is real. All things are real and everything is
possible. The only limitations are those we put on ourselves. The things we are
capable of are as infinite as time and the universe itself. Knowing everything
is not as important as getting thru this life and learning the things we must do
to become better spiritual beings in this physical expierience, because we are
pure energy. I'll say it again. Everything is possible and to believe 1 thing is
not possible, means you can't believe in anything at all. Everything is possible
wether you want to believe it or not. Chucks Party :)

something that you should think about....

Jul 12, 2001, 12:50am
Freedom is only a state of mind. As long as people must work to pay taxes on
things they rightly own, people will never be free. The only free people in this
world are the ones who owe nothing to no one and own all they have and don't pay
anyone anything to house them or keep them. These people are probably the
poorest people on Earth, but they know what it is to be free and are probably
more happy spiritualy and mentally knowing all they have done that day
benefitted no one except the people that live exactly the way they do. No big
hands in small pockets as we are all most acustomed to in modern civilization.
For modern civilization, freedom is a thing of the past.

[View Quote]

Nuns [C&C]

Jul 9, 2001, 7:14am
LMAO! I was in a Catholic School for 7 years, you deffinitely don't want to mess
with those nuns, LOL Another good place to get "The Look" btw LOL

[View Quote]

[3.1 non-beta] bug report

Jul 10, 2001, 12:12am
It happens from time to time, just restart the browser, that usually fixes the
problem for me anyway, lol :)

[View Quote]

Re: (Plaintext of previous) Re:(HTML, only because marcus asked me to use his bandwidth) - Re: Townbuilders newsgroup idea

Jul 13, 2001, 9:30am
Chris please don't try compareing me to other people. I sound like myself. There
is not another person like me. I could say you sound like alot of other people
too but I don't. I am not the one talking in this thread, marcus is, can't you
see the difference or is the summer heat getting to your brain? lol

[View Quote]

resizing the browser

Jul 14, 2001, 2:47am
Well I use the full screen to view all my webpages by auto hiding the task bar.
Right click your task bar, click properties then in the pop up window check Auto
Hide. Works well for me, once in a while the task bar will come up behind the
window, simply minimize the window and maximize again to correct the problem. :)

[View Quote]

Disabling HTML in Outlook Express 5/6

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C10C4E.97FB5D60

Yes faber, and you count up the amount of k in this thread alone all =
about 1 sentence in html text, LOL It's absolutely ridiculous, a total =
of 83k disputing a non-issue. The only real and present problem are the =
people complaining about html, not the people that post it. Everytime =
someone posts a sentence in the friggin NG in html we go thru this all =
over again. It would be more acceptable if people made it acceptable and =
stop the post wars over it to begin with. Maybe fuscia just hurts their =
eyes who knows, LOL

[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C10C4E.97FB5D60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ff00ff size=3D2>Yes faber, and you =
count up the=20
amount of k in this thread alone all about 1 sentence in html text, LOL =
It's=20
absolutely ridiculous, a total of 83k&nbsp;disputing a =
non-issue.&nbsp;The only=20
real and present problem are the people complaining about html, not the =
people=20
that post it. Everytime someone posts a sentence in the friggin NG in =
html we go=20
thru this all over again. It would be more acceptable if people made it=20
acceptable and stop the post wars over it to begin with. Maybe fuscia =
just hurts=20
their eyes who knows, LOL</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#ff00ff></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"faber" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:Walter at Knupe.de"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Walter at Knupe.de</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
[View Quote] newsgroup have to take care of the fact that 2/3rd of the people in the =
world=20
never<BR>&gt; made a phone call ?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I mean, as the =
technology is=20
progressing, we regularly raised the "lowest" standard, say, in screen=20
resolution, bandwith, colors of<BR>&gt; the display, speed of the =
machine, etc=20
etc.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; So why exactly would we exclude one single tiny =
bid of=20
technology, the format of newsgroup messages, from this ? If your excuse =

of<BR>&gt; people paying by the hour or having slow connection would =
hold, why=20
do abuse departements not deal with colorful web sites ? Why is<BR>&gt;=20
streaming video still allowed on the internet ?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; There =
is a well=20
established standard of usenet and email encoding, its called MIME. It =
is well=20
accepted, and every little HTML<BR>&gt; message is encoded in MIME, =
along with=20
its plain-text counterpart. That means that all that is asked from news =
readers=20
is that they<BR>&gt; are MIME compliant. They could easily strip out the =
HTML=20
part then.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Every Newsreader that also reads emails IS =
MIME -=20
Compliant as that is mandatory for emails these days. So its actually =
not much=20
to<BR>&gt; ask for, and i think the only non mime compliant news reader =
is=20
free-agent.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; That means that there is one single =
newsreader that=20
has trouble with HTML messages. But, actually, thats not my concern. =
There=20
are<BR>&gt; also lots of people reading usenet on palmtops. Or have =
vision=20
handicaps.&nbsp; I am really very sorry for those, but we cannot =
all<BR>&gt;=20
behave as if we were slow, blind, deaf, and read the newsgroups on 8 bit =

machines. There is no point in a backwards compatibility of<BR>&gt; that =

kind.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I wish that people which complain about html =
would, after=20
all, keep to the real arguments they might have. And the only =
valid<BR>&gt;=20
argument i have seen is that if everyone posted in HTML we would have a =
pretty=20
mix of colors, fonts etc. But thats what real letters<BR>&gt; make out. =
And=20
thats what the web makes out. And thats somethign the usenet world could =
learn=20
to adapt to if it were allowed to give<BR>&gt; it a try.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
Faber<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "dabartender" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:admin at hooverae.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>admin at hooverae.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
schrieb im=20
Newsbeitrag </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:3b4fc0f3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:3b4fc0f3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; "m a r c u s" =
&lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:i_have_a_site at yahoo.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>i_have_a_site at yahoo.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in=20
message<BR>&gt; &gt; </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:3b4fbc12 at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:3b4fbc12 at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...<BR>&gt; &gt; | I don't see why we can't post in html.&nbsp; =
Why can't=20
we have a section html?<BR>&gt; &gt; |<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; Just =
out of=20
curiosity, can you actually read?<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; I tried to =
be nice=20
and clear on this one, but now I might be a little mean.<BR>&gt; &gt; It =
was=20
explained in my message - and in plenty of other peoples' =
messages<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
before me - that posting in HTML:<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; 1) Goes =
against the=20
generally accepted etiquette on Usenet.&nbsp; For you<BR>&gt; &gt; =
newbies,=20
that's the part of the Internet that serves up newsgroups.&nbsp; =
It's<BR>&gt;=20
&gt; been around a lot longer than HTML or the WWW, and is based on =
plain=20
ASCII<BR>&gt; &gt; text messaging.<BR>&gt; &gt; Microsoft, in their =
infinite=20
wisdom, gave you newbies the awful power of the<BR>&gt; &gt; markup=20
language.&nbsp; Oh, how wrong they were...<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; 2) =
Is a=20
waste of bandwidth.&nbsp; Imagine if your mommy and daddy took away =
that<BR>&gt;=20
&gt; cable or DSL line, and then started charging you by the minute to=20
be<BR>&gt; &gt; online - on a 14.4 modem.&nbsp; Think that's funny? =
Well, guess=20
what kiddo, some<BR>&gt; &gt; people still have to access the Internet =
in that=20
very fashion. Not everyone<BR>&gt; &gt; has broadband.<BR>&gt; &gt; 2/3 =
of the=20
world has never even made a fucking telephone call.<BR>&gt; &gt; Now, =
using that=20
scenario, go download a shitload of HTML messages that would<BR>&gt; =
&gt; have=20
been 1/4 the size had they been posted in plain text. Wouldn't you be =
a<BR>&gt;=20
&gt; little irritated?<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; 3) NOT EVERYONE USES =
OUTLOOK=20
BLOODY EXPRESS.&nbsp; Most other newsreaders DO NOT<BR>&gt; &gt; support =
HTML,=20
and therefore, your message downloads as plain text HTML<BR>&gt; &gt; =
source.=20
Not only is the file bigger, but it's a complete pain in the ass =
to<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
sift through a bunch of 'font' and 'br' tags to find the actual =
message.<BR>&gt;=20
&gt; When you post a message, you want people to read it, right?<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
Here's another tip for you - many people don't download messages over =
a<BR>&gt;=20
&gt; certain size, and/or will skip a message if all they see is HTML =
source.=20
The<BR>&gt; &gt; person that could have helped you has now let your =
message pass=20
right by,<BR>&gt; &gt; all because you couldn't configure your =
newsreader=20
properly.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; 4) Continues to make you look like =
an idiot=20
after being told these facts<BR>&gt; &gt; time and time again.<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; This is my last post on the subject, because you've =
already=20
made me waste<BR>&gt; &gt; too much bandwidth.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; </FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C10C4E.97FB5D60--

Disabling HTML in Outlook Express 5/6

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C10C77.3834A3E0

No, but argueing about 1 freaking html post does.

[View Quote]
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C10C77.3834A3E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ff0000 size=3D6>No, but argueing about =
1 freaking=20
html post does.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"syli" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:rflorez at mindspring.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>rflorez at mindspring.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in=20
message </FONT><A href=3D"news:3b50bceb at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:3b50bceb at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; Because plain =
text doesnt=20
cause a $$ hardship to anyone....<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; --<BR>&gt;=20
~Syli~<BR></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C10C77.3834A3E0--

Disabling HTML in Outlook Express 5/6

------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C10C77.DFFC9B00

No, this is the real problem, people that reply that don't edit their =
post so its not 12 freaking K big to add less than a sentence to =
respond.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C10C77.DFFC9B00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ff0000 size=3D6>No, this is the =
real&nbsp;problem,=20
people that reply&nbsp;that don't edit their post so its not 12 freaking =
K big=20
to add less than a sentence to respond.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>