j b e l l // User Search

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  24  |

Name changing

Apr 21, 2001, 7:37pm
yeah, but your a dork.. so...

--
- JBell

____________________
| |
| AWJBell Services |
| http://www.awjbell.com |
| news://awjbell.com |
| platinum.awjbell.com |
|____________________|
[View Quote]

If it can be done to world lists it can be done to contact lists...

Apr 18, 2001, 4:17am
i suppose that could work.. but i don't see a reason why a person would need more then 100.. i have can't keep track of five people
at one time let alone 500..

--
- JBell
[View Quote]

I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP!

Apr 18, 2001, 12:56am
...my number got pulled, i guess you could say.. got an e-mail from at Home.. telling me i can't host anything.. I understand not
hosting for people.. but I'm trying to convince them to at least let me host my own.. i've spent so much time and money on my worlds
and object path.. maybe i'm out of line by requesting you all e-mail them in my support.. but it's hard to see something you've
worked so hard on, so long on, and spent so much on, just go off into the sunset.. I understand with them i'm not supposed to host
anything.. but it's just so hard.. it's tooken seven months to get survivor where it is today.. and to see it all gone is just a
hearbreak for me.. so.. please.. if you have the time.. just send them a little notice that you would like to see Vernon Bell's
at Home account (c646697-a.eugene1.or.home.com (24.176.48.129)) remain open.. maybe you don't like me, or my world.. you don't have to
do it for me or for my world.. but at least do it for my dream.... thanks..
:.-(

Sadly, yet sincerely, yours,

John Bell

Here is the e-mail i got today that ruined a lot more then my attitude..

You are in violation of the at Home Acceptable Use Policy, available at
http://www.home.com/support/aup/
SPECIFIC VIOLATION(S):
at Home network residential customers may not resell, share, or otherwise
distribute the Services or any portion thereof to any third party without
the written consent of at Home. For example, you cannot provide Internet
access to others through a dial up connection, host shell accounts over the
Internet, provide email or news service, or send a news feed.
You may not run a server in connection with the at Home residential service,
nor may you provide network services to others via the at Home residential
service. The at Home residential service includes personal Webspace accounts
for publishing personal Web pages. Examples of prohibited uses include, but
are not limited to, running servers for mail, http, ftp, irc, and dhcp, and
multi-user interactive forums. For information about at Work products for
commercial or network services purposes, including commercial-grade remote
LAN access, please see <http://work.home.net>.
Prohibited activities include... disseminating material which violates the
copyright or other intellectual property rights of others. You assume all
risks regarding the determination of whether material is in the public
domain.
FURTHER VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF YOUR HIGH SPEED DATA
SERVICE.
Action Required: Remove all servers/copyrighted materials immediately.
Failure to comply will result in the termination of your service. Reply to
this warning acknowledging you have received and understand the
violation(s).
Cory Altheide
Internet Security Coordinator
AT&T Broadband Legal Demands Center
abuse at home.com
(800)871-6298

RELATED LOGS:
http://www.awjbell.com/hosting.html
http://24.176.48.129/mp3s/

Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:37:56 -0600
From: K y l e <shred at 1starnet.com>
***

.... a new news server to get the 'ole keyboards rattlin'. Hey JBell, what
kinda connection is this hosted on?

From: "JBell" <jbell1983 at home.com>
***

cable.. it might seem slow to run a news server on.. but connections are so
inoften, when you think about it.. they are only connected to DL messages,
and to send messages.. all the time reading is not connected.. so really it
doesn't take much at all... a lot less bandwidth then hosting a world,
which i do three of, and they work fine.. hehe

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:43:45 -0600
From: K y l e <shred at 1starnet.com>
***

Cable will probably do well as long as you don't get too much traffic. Just
make sure your visitors don't post huge files or in HTML.

--
K y l e
Triton Dynamics, Inc.

From: "JBell" <jbell1983 at home.com>
***

html posts suck... they take longer to DL and on my side-more space.. not
that posts take much space to begin with.. but still!

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[cba at securityscan cba]$ scann 24.176.48.129
Tue Apr 17 17:40:00 EDT 2001
Starting nmap V. 2.53 by fyodor at insecure.org <mailto:fyodor at insecure.org> (
www.insecure.org/nmap/ <http://www.insecure.org/nmap/> )
Interesting ports on c646697-a.eugene1.or.home.com (24.176.48.129):
(The 1516 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port State Service
21/tcp open ftp
80/tcp open http
81/tcp open hosts2-ns
119/tcp open nntp
135/tcp open loc-srv
137/tcp filtered netbios-ns
138/tcp filtered netbios-dgm
139/tcp filtered netbios-ssn
641/tcp open unknown
653/tcp open unknown
1080/tcp filtered socks
TCP Sequence Prediction: Class=random positive increments
Difficulty=18613 (Worthy challenge)
Remote operating system guess: Windows 2000 RC1 through final release
Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 70 seconds

I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP!

Apr 18, 2001, 4:10am
lol.. where is the unsend? i didn't intend for this mesage to actually send i realized my idiocy *oops* i'll just pay a few more
bucks for a different service..

--
- JBell

____________________
| |
| AWJBell Services |
| http://www.awjbell.com |
| news://awjbell.com |
| platinum.awjbell.com |
|____________________|
[View Quote]

I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP!

Apr 21, 2001, 7:29pm
yes, however there at Work program for some reason isn't availalbe where i live.. neither is any sort of table, or t* services.
*sighs*

--
- JBell

____________________
| |
| AWJBell Services |
| http://www.awjbell.com |
| news://awjbell.com |
| platinum.awjbell.com |
|____________________|
[View Quote]

I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP!

Apr 24, 2001, 5:29pm
not only that.. heh.. at Home told me to switch to their at Work program, I willingly called the at Work program who informed us that
at Work was not available in our area..

how stupid can you get..?

[View Quote]

Free Internet without Banners?

Aug 11, 2001, 2:35am
However the DSL technology has already reached it's peak, or cap, and yet Cable Technology can grow to far exceed that of DSL.

[View Quote]

Incentive to become a PK, GK, Teacher

May 5, 2001, 1:47am
not only that.. but they get cit extensions for working a certain amount of time..

[View Quote]

A new command

Jul 8, 2001, 12:26am
is it really that hard to read the name of who made the object and telegram them manually?

[View Quote]

A new command

Jul 8, 2001, 6:20am
then get a cracked browser ;-)

i understand your point, but i feel the need to defend myself anyhow:

is it THAT hard to find out who owns a world?

there.. got it out of my system.. i understand a button would be quicker.. and agree.. but i'm too damn stuborn to give in like
that..

[View Quote]

A new command

Jul 8, 2001, 5:00pm
i wasn't serious..

[View Quote]

To Whom It May Concern... [long!]

Jul 20, 2001, 3:43am
read my reply in community.. i hate crossposters especially ones who do it individually in multiple groups (rather then use commas
and both simultaneoulsy) because people miss replies..

[View Quote]

Move command addition

Aug 1, 2001, 5:09am
No need to be so cynical.. you'de be suprised what actually gets done if you didn't have your head so high in the clouds you can't
see anything that us real people do day-to-day..

[View Quote]

Move command addition

Aug 1, 2001, 4:22pm
I've been positive about AW before enzo gave me a world.. but still.. your too busy looking for negativity in the company, that's
why your not happy..

[View Quote]

Move command addition

Aug 2, 2001, 6:09pm
Actually I shut it down because the server was shit...

[View Quote]

Move command addition

Aug 2, 2001, 6:09pm
not really a personal favor.. i'm actually doing a favor FOR THEM.. i'm running THIER world and project..

[View Quote]

Get Rid Of...

Jul 20, 2001, 3:45am
if the world isn't used it will produce a very low amount of lag.. and how are you to know weather they are used or not.. and i
thought you left AW a few months back.. *remembers the big point you made of making sure everyone realized you were leaving AW*

[View Quote]

Get Rid Of...

Jul 20, 2001, 8:00pm
not only that.. but a lot of them are other people's worlds that are sponsored by AW and have been neglected by the person in charge
of running them..

[View Quote]

Get Rid Of...

Jul 20, 2001, 8:00pm
i know that.. just formerly lanazeri "left" you'de think he could have at least remained another name..

[View Quote]

Get Rid Of...

Jul 23, 2001, 5:19am
don't let your self-esteem ego bubble flow to big.. we didn't care who you "were" or "tried to be" we knew makeveli was you, but it
wasn't worth our time to argue.. because we've argued with you before and know your stuborn and persistant, no matter how incorrect
you may be.. it's a waste of time to fight with you..

[View Quote]

Get Rid Of...

Jul 25, 2001, 4:16am
"you are the great one.. your never wrong.. "
...couldn't have said it better myself.. :-)

[View Quote]

Get Rid Of...

Aug 1, 2001, 5:08am
you called me a twit? *cries* BAH! It meant more coming from eep.. meant nothing coming from you.. even less since I know you could
have spent more time trying to come up with something creative to insult me with... now i am truly insulted..! BAH!

[View Quote]

AW GUI Idea

Jul 20, 2001, 3:39am
Full screen mode is obviously going to be far down on the priority list seeing as how it is more of a "novelty" then a neccessity.
In some cases it can be quite annoying. If any thought goes into wether implementing this feature at all, I will be stunned, and
almost angered at the fact that much more "important" (not saying that you are not important, but bug fixes and usability options
that are much more neccessary for a larger band of users, not just expanding the picture a few pixels) reccomondations go
un-noticed.

AW GUI Idea

Jul 20, 2001, 7:55pm
no, because your not being ignored.. fully.. i will agree that AWC is not paying much attention to their universe users.. but i
don't rag on them.. AW doesn't make money from their citizenships, nor even their worlds for that matter.. we could all drop dead
right now, and allthough it would financially damage AWC, they would struggle, but i believe still survive. It is my belief that
AWC gains all there money from uniservers, this sounds cold, but they don't give a damn about us because we're not spending
thousands of dollars. We're not feeding their families. It is uniserver customers they cater to, because it is uniserver customers
who feed their families, their lack of interest in the community is SOMEWHAT justified, although yes, I want them to listen to all
our requests, it's just not logical. They, however, do listen to some of our requests, and consider many of them. As far as I'm
concerned any bit of interaction is an amazement. WildAW was a tragic mistake on the communities part. We begged for a place where
we could be free from PKs and censorship. AWC finally listened to us, and we now neglect it. Not only are we not large
contributors to their income, we also complain about what we don't have, and take for granted what we do. It is a shock to me that
AWC even listens to us AT ALL. Personally, if I were in the exact position of AWCom, with future technology in the works, I would
be paying 0 attention to the requests of AW citizens. But they ARE paying attention, they are almost finished developing the new AW
object set we have begged for years to get. At Reunion WE, the citizens, discussed the future of the company, even aspects that
didn't involve this universe. I am impressed at their willingness to listen to us, even if it is a small amount.

[View Quote]

AW GUI Idea

Jul 20, 2001, 8:04pm
what i would like.. is you know how you can hit certain F keys to make certain areas of the browser "dissapear" to widen your are of
vision, I think it would be cool if there was one for the chat screen, or one that would at lest resize it for you to one line, for
building or exploring, whatnot.

AW GUI Idea

Jul 25, 2001, 4:12am
really?
they seemed to listen to my input back then..

[View Quote]

AW GUI Idea

Jul 25, 2001, 7:30pm
i never go to tech talk.. whenever i talk to rick he seems to listen to me.. in fact.. there's gonna be a new AW world, AWDebate..
so we can debate stuff there.. i might even be able to talk him into showing up to one of them :-)

[View Quote]

AW GUI Idea

Jul 30, 2001, 9:53pm
it'll open.. give it another week or so.. and you shall see..

[View Quote]

AW GUI Idea

Aug 4, 2001, 2:33am
but what about AW? nothing ever goes on there.. same with AWGate. Yellow & Mars appear higher up on the world list often times and
they don't have events either.. But it is true that events make the world grow imensely, look at AWTeen, I can't stand the design,
nor a lot of the people who go there, or even how it is run for that matter, but because they always have events I even find myself
looking around every once in a while..

[View Quote]

AW GUI Idea

Aug 4, 2001, 2:34am
*rolls eyes*
I didn't steal your idea.. i had totally forgotten about that, and to think that any world that has any idea that you once had means
that they stole your idea is absurd..

[View Quote]

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  24  |