ox64 // User Search

1  |

To JKMT

Oct 30, 2000, 3:38am
I would host bots off my server at no charge - first come first serve - if
somebody would simply develop a bot to run on the Linux platform....or has
this already been done?

Ox64

[View Quote]

vbsdk problem

Mar 23, 2001, 3:34am
Did you figure out a solution to your property query problem? I have been
trying to write a bot app which queries a certain area of property, and
analyse each object, but having problems being able to get all of the
objects in the area (I am only getting 482 objects every time and there's
many many more objects in the area I'm querying). I am using the framework
off the VB wrapper site, but I believe I have something messed up in my
object handler event. Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated from
anyone. Are these the correct variables to use in the object handler event
or is there some sorta array that returns the object information? (see
below)

Private Sub sdk_EventCellObject()
Print "Model "; sdk.AwObjectModel
Print "Description "; sdk.AwObjectDescription
Print "Object Action "; sdk.AwObjectAction
End Sub

[View Quote]

removing cits when leaving area

Oct 23, 2001, 11:28pm
What was the exact error message and/or error number you received when it
attempted to execute the line?

Ox64

[View Quote]

removing cits when leaving area

Oct 23, 2001, 11:33pm
Ignore my post....I did not see the replies from other people to your post
when I submitted this. Either I was blind or my news program was behind on
the times :-)

[View Quote]

What reason codes where...

Oct 28, 2001, 5:20pm
Ok, how about a list of the unknown reason codes and what they mean?? (the
errors you end up getting and you go to that URL to find it, and they don't
list that code) Apparently they do not list all the reason codes on their
site.

Ox64

[View Quote]

Re: ActiveWorlds IRC. Does it exist?

Oct 16, 2001, 10:36pm
Agreed. The names should show up upon entry in a world of the within the
200m chat range, or at least give the worldowner the option to
enable/disable that feature. I don't like nameless stalkers buzzing around
me trying to watch my every move. If they can see who I am then I should be
able to see who they are!

Ox64

[View Quote]

A few requests...

Oct 18, 2001, 8:45pm
I 3rd the motion for full screen. I feel it is a long overdue feature found
in many other graphical programs/games to greatly enhance AW's capabilities.
Most of the other issues I could see both sides of the fence, but all great
suggestions. Just my opinion though, so please spare any criticism :)

Ox64

[View Quote]

Re: ActiveWorlds IRC. Does it exist?

Oct 18, 2001, 8:32pm
Might be 7 months old, but better late than never ;)
[View Quote]

Re: Bin Laden's Special Song

Oct 25, 2001, 10:45pm
Henry, I can agree with some of what you are saying, but the only thing I
don't really agree on is the American mentality you are suggesting. I will
agree that some Americans are what you suggst, but most are not. The war
going on overseas is stupid. I have no doubt that people having nothing to
do with the taliban, terrorism, or hatred towards the United States have
been killed and it is not right in my opinion. I am not one for war unless
it's absolutely necessary. Please don't hate me (being an American) or the
United States though for the actions that are going on overseas because it
was not my decision nor is it many people's decision to go to war. We
[Americans] supposedly live in a land of freedom of choice that I greatly
enjoy and take advantage of as many people do, but some things we cannot
choose - our government chooses for us, such as this war. I likewise do not
blame Afghanistan for what happened in NY or Washington or anyone overseas
because those people as well cannot control what their leaders and people
with power and money do either.

However there is reason for the Americans to be mad because September 11
many of our citizens were killed as well. People tend to lose focus on the
real problem as a result from their anger. I think the only war that should
be going on should be right here in our own country. New York and
Washington is where the acts of wrong doing were committed, not Afghanistan.
Anthrax is being spread all over the United States and nobody seems to know
why or who's doing it because our government is too busy starting shit with
people overseas and trying to blame everyone else but themselves for what's
happened. Why can't our government take care of our homeland first and wage
war against the terrorists that are amongst us in our own damn country? Is
that too much to ask?

For those Americans who think I'm anti-American I'm not trying to say I hate
my country, otherwise I wouldn't live here. I love America, the American
people here and the patriotism they show for their country. Henry I don't
feel the patriotism we are showing in this time is in any way meant to thumb
our noses at other nations (although some have made it out to be that way),
but merely to show our respect and love for the people we lost 9/11 here at
home as a united nation to each other, not against other countries.

[View Quote]

Re: Why We War (was Re: Bin Laden's Special Song)

Oct 27, 2001, 8:47pm
Oh believe me I don't condone anything that goes on in Afghanistan, but I
could take every country in this world and pick out things that I don't like
about it and decide to war against them, but to me that's stupid. The acts
of terrorism IN THE US were wrong, and it's time to deal with those here IN
THE US that are responsible. Maybe America has gotten too powerful for its
own good and they feel every wrong doing in the world is their business
nowadays. I don't understand why they just don't go ahead and bomb the rest
of the world and take it over as well. It seems to be the concept that this
resolves the problem.

I do agree that we cannot talk this problem out with the terrorists or their
leaders, but yet our government believes in doing this everyday within our
own country in courtrooms for people who have committed crimes and giving
them a chance to condone what they did wrong to get a shorter sentence or
even off the hook. I'm sure if they ever catch the terrorists and the
people who did the Anthrax crap (such sorry cowards) they'll only serve 20
years in jail eating up the taxpayers money to support their life. Oh sure
some court will give the lifetime sentence with no paroll at first to make
it all look good, but get out on good behavior or some nonsense excuse in a
few years. Aren't there four terrorists just now going to jail from the
incident a few years back on lifetime sentence? Lord forbid we give anyone
the death penalty to anyone comitting a crime nowadays in our own country
because we might burn in hell for it, but let's instead go blow the hell up
out of everyone else we feel is in the wrongdoing outside our country. I
just feel that our country needs to get their business straight first here
at home before blaming their flaws on other countries and do it quick before
the terrorists and supporters within our country destroy it with the anthrax
scares and other threats. If the majority feel that making sure justice is
served to their country can be accomplished by having war, then maybe our
country needs to start handling business with the same attention here at
home.

Americans, take care of your homeland first. It is where you live, not in
Afghanistan.

Ox64

[View Quote]

--==USW Web-Site==--

Oct 22, 2000, 2:15pm
I myself am a lame 600x480 display resolution user. I know most people
nowadays runs 800x600 and greater, but I don't have 20/20 vision and don't
like changing all the sizes of everything to just run a higher resolution
and get annoying headaches from my inability to get adequate refresh rates
and annoying flickering, etc, etc, etc, yada. My two cents and a old shoe
to throw in extra is design a site for use to run 640x480, otherwise I burn
out my scroll buttons, lol :) I don't know if anyone else out there feels
the same about sites designed for > 640x480 or not but thought I would see
what others thought.
I likewise love the concept of USWF and that's all that matters in the
ending. :) And for all those using nbci.com or Xoom to host
sites....please get a REAL hosting service!!! Again, in no way am I trying
to offend anyone, but throw some old shoes and 2 cents out the door.

Ox64

[View Quote]

->> Uhh err.. possibility of getting AW 1.x? <<-

Oct 21, 2000, 2:59am
If you are still looking for a 1.x version, I still have the version of AW
that I downloaded back in January 1998. I'm pretty sure it's 1.x.

Ox64

[View Quote]

->> Uhh err.. possibility of getting AW 1.x? <<-

Oct 21, 2000, 1:22pm
I checked the install out just now and the version I have is 1.32 Build 195.
The date and timestamp may possibly be wrong on my file since I have had a
lot change over the past several years with my hardware and software :)
Sorry for any misleading info.
Ox64

[View Quote]

Re: Talking programs

------=_NextPart_000_0115_01C03AEE.73D76FA0

Sometimes when I use the web-browser on AW I use F9 to turn off the tabs =
to gain back some 3D viewing area space lost by having the web open. =20

Ox64
[View Quote] (not necessarily the best (altho' I'v yet to find one better) but =
it's a no brainer to set up and start talking...)=20

If you have your own Web Site you can do as I did and create your =
own (private) Page (with a link to a Public page if you wish)... or just =
use someone else's... either way you'r up and running in a few =
minutes...=20
=20

[View Quote] I would like to know what are the two or three most used talking =
programs for the Active WorldsPlease? I have been looking around and so =
far it seems that I am the only one that has this interest of beeing =
able to talk and not type as one has fun building or just moving about. =
Is there a certain world or place in the worlds that others talk? What =
am I missing? why is this great thing called voice not doing much? =
Thanks Mac - Fatts ICQ 10637450 mac4tbh at hotmail.com=20
--=20
Tyrell - Alpha Prime - 21.8s 457e 90 - "Mundus vult decipi"=20
"Eat well, stay fit, die anyway."=20
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/ty1/index.html=20
http://www.dlcwest.com/~rpatter/index.html=20
ICQ UN - 272905=20
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0115_01C03AEE.73D76FA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.100" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sometimes when I use the web-browser on =
AW I use F9=20
to turn off the tabs to gain back some 3D viewing area space lost by =
having the=20
web open.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ox64</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"John Viper" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:jviper at jtsoft.net">jviper at jtsoft.net</A>&gt; wrote in =
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:39c55d05$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:39c55d05$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yes, HearMe gets along with AW very =
well... or=20
used to anyway...&nbsp;&nbsp; Roland... mind finding an alternative to =
F9 for=20
show/hide tabs in the next version?&nbsp; Not saying take it out of =
the menu=20
but I don't think it needs a short cut like that... I mean some people =
turn=20
the web pane on and off all the time but the tabbed pane?&nbsp; anyone =
here=20
who turns it on and off al the=20
time?</FONT><BR>_________________________<BR>John Viper<BR><A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.jtsoft.net">http://www.jtsoft.net</A><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"Tyrell - Alpha Prime" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca">tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca</A>&gt; =
wrote=20
in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:39c37e20$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:39c37e20$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>Hmmm...=20
You can't have looked too hard... There's any number of 'voice chat' =
options=20
for use in Alpha... This is the one I use:=20
<P><A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.dlcwest.com/~rpatter/totalkalpha.htm">http://www.dlcwe=
st.com/~rpatter/totalkalpha.htm</A>=20

<P>(not necessarily the best (altho' I'v yet to find one better) but =
it's a=20
no brainer to set up and start talking...)=20
<P>If you have your own Web Site you can do as I did and create your =
own=20
(private) Page (with a link to a Public page if you wish)... or just =
use=20
someone else's... either way you'r up and running in a few =
minutes...=20
<BR>&nbsp;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0115_01C03AEE.73D76FA0--

STOP it with....

Oct 22, 2000, 9:28pm
"....(really, how eye-catching is a mansion where the wall
just suddenly stops? A mansion shrouded in fog looks much better.)...."

hmm....I don't have that problem, when I don't want a wall to suddenly
"stop" I set my visibility to 120 and take a pic, and then go back to low
visibility when roaming for better performance. I don't need fog to cover
up the imperfections and really don't think it is an excuse for Alphaworld
to go wild on the fog settings and off the wall colors of shade. I do feel
in some sceneries fog looks good in pictures, but with our current situation
with the fog in Alphaworld it is hard to find those scenarios because of the
density.

I agree with suggestions on the site that Lara mentioned in her previous
post. I don't think that the caretaker of Alphaworld should stop changing
backdrop changes, but rather use more graceful and natural gradual changes.
As an additional comment to it all, since a bot in the theory of things is
controlling these world features, it could be possible to make very very
small gradual changes throughout a day to the light settings as frequent as
every few minutes provided it wasn't a drastic change. If the caretaker
wants to base Alphaworld on real-life world conditions, think about how we
go from day to night....it is something we don't see change all at once, but
a very slow gradual change of the lighting every minute decreasing slowly
until we are in the dark of the night. I see no reason why a bot couldn't
simulate this based on the VRT time system and have a more pleasant change
for the citizens exploring/building in the world. Fog can follow the same
concept....we just don't blink our eyes and magically see fog in the real
world, nor is it always a frequent thing. It slowly sets in from the
distance and some nights/mornings our visibility is almost zero in a worst
case. For Alphaworld, this is some h***acious fog conditions all day and
night that we currently have!! A change in the backdrop could occur 2 to 3
times/day at the most for a nice effect in changing the scenery and the
day/night effect (not every hour).

I understand that some people are against the changes, and some people are
for it. I know it must be annoying for the caretaker of Alphaworld to have
to put up with criticisms all the time. People yelling "change the
background!" and others yelling "leave it alone!" That's why my opinion is
to compromise. Stop with the drastic and go with the gradual and more
realism to Alphaworld fog/light settings and maybe we can have some peace
for once. :) Comments, criticisms, and suggestions welcome.

Ox64

A great chat program and it is free

------=_NextPart_000_02F4_01C03D27.21766500

Too many chat programs in existence on the web!! And unless I am =
missing something, the "free" version does not support voice commands, =
which mislead me.

Ox64
[View Quote] Go there and get the free chat program and pass it around and try it! =
I tried it and then I got the whole tamale from Costco for free! my =
buddy paid for it! $39 and I have just used it to tell my flight sim =
aircraft what to do! I can talk to my computer! no more typing when in =
a game!=20

I will try it in AWs but it does not care what game or program so it =
will work yes?

I can build and tell it what to do plus talk to my buddies and with no =
hands!

Remember the chat program is free so give it a try, for me it is so =
much better then hearsme and the others..

have fun

Fatts
ICQ10637450

------=_NextPart_000_02F4_01C03D27.21766500

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Too many chat programs in existence on =
the=20
web!!&nbsp; And unless I am missing something, the "free" version does =
not=20
support voice commands, which mislead me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ox64</FONT></DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"fatts" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:mac4tbh at hotmail.com">mac4tbh at hotmail.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:39f45465 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:39f45465 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/sidewinder/">www.microsoft.com/sidewinde=
r/</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Go there and get the free chat program and pass it around and try =
it! I=20
tried it and then I got the whole tamale from Costco for free! my =
buddy paid=20
for it! $39 and I have just used it to tell my flight sim aircraft =
what to=20
do!&nbsp; I can talk to my computer! no more typing when in a game! =
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I will try it in AWs but it does not care what game or program so =
it will=20
work yes?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I can build and tell it what to do plus talk to my buddies and =
with no=20
hands!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Remember the chat program is free so give it a try, for me it is =
so much=20
better then hearsme and the others..</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>have fun</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Fatts</DIV>
<DIV>ICQ10637450</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_02F4_01C03D27.21766500--

A great chat program and it is free

------=_NextPart_000_0356_01C03DE3.6A4BD8C0

There's nothing wrong with posting and nothing to feel bad about. :) =
I'm sure there are others that will try it and love it, and possibly =
even buy it. Yes the website does state the limitations of the free =
version. I just didn't want others to be confused or misled like I was =
about the free version. By the way I DID try it before my post, and =
found really no use for it since there are websites that allow you to =
voice chat without downloading any software, configuring sound/network =
junk, and no limitations for free.

Ox64
[View Quote] Gee here I thought I found a great thing and now I feel bad about =
posting about it... I gave the web site and they explain everything =
therefore everyone should know just what is offered. OK the free one can =
only talk to 4 at a time what is wrong with that? I have not seen anyone =
talking to more then one other person at a time in the first place.

Yes there are many talking programs BUT so far this one is nice and it =
is easy to use and it works. It is from MS the best and the worst =
company but a company that has made or put out many programs that work =
and will be around next year. AWs needs a good talking program and from =
what I can see this one is a good first try at getting it to everyone =
for free and yes they can upgrade if they want to do more with it.

Just try it and if it is not for you guys then speak badly about it =
and not before.

This is shameful that we as a people can't even be happy with a try =
before you buy product, that we have to start speaking against something =
before all the facts are in on it.

Now I feel a little better LOL

Pastor Mac.

=20

[View Quote] Ox64
[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There's nothing wrong with posting and =
nothing to=20
feel bad about.&nbsp; :)&nbsp; I'm sure there are others that will try =
it and=20
love it, and possibly even buy it.&nbsp; Yes the website does state the=20
limitations of the free version.&nbsp; I just didn't want others to be =
confused=20
or misled like I was about the free version.&nbsp; By the way I DID try =
it=20
before my post, and found really no use for it since there are websites =
that=20
allow you to voice chat without downloading any software, configuring=20
sound/network junk, and no limitations for free.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ox64</FONT></DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"fatts" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:mac4tbh at hotmail.com">mac4tbh at hotmail.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:39f5ef65 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:39f5ef65 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV>TO ALL.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Gee here I thought I found a great thing and now I feel bad about =
posting=20
about it... I gave the web site and they explain everything therefore =
everyone=20
should know just what is offered. OK the free one can only talk to 4 =
at a time=20
what is wrong with that? I have not seen anyone talking to more then =
one other=20
person at a time in the first place.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Yes there are many talking programs BUT so far this one is nice =
and it is=20
easy to use and it works. It is from MS the best and the worst company =
but a=20
company that has made or put out many programs that work and will be =
around=20
next year. AWs needs a good talking program and from what I can see =
this one=20
is a good first try at getting it to everyone for free and yes they =
can=20
upgrade if they want to do more with it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Just try it and if it is not for you guys then speak badly about =
it and=20
not before.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This is shameful that we as a people can't even be happy with a =
try=20
before you buy product, that we have to start speaking against =
something=20
before all the facts are in on it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Now I feel a little better LOL</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Pastor Mac.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>ox64 &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:bhowell2 at hotmail.com">bhowell2 at hotmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:39f4da73 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:39f4da73 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Too many chat programs in existence =
on the=20
web!!&nbsp; And unless I am missing something, the "free" version =
does not=20
support voice commands, which mislead me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ox64</FONT></DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"fatts" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:mac4tbh at hotmail.com">mac4tbh at hotmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:39f45465 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:39f45465 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/sidewinder/">www.microsoft.com/sidewinde=
r/</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Go there and get the free chat program and pass it around and =
try it!=20
I tried it and then I got the whole tamale from Costco for free! =
my buddy=20
paid for it! $39 and I have just used it to tell my flight sim =
aircraft=20
what to do!&nbsp; I can talk to my computer! no more typing when =
in a=20
game! </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I will try it in AWs but it does not care what game or =
program so it=20
will work yes?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I can build and tell it what to do plus talk to my buddies =
and with=20
no hands!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Remember the chat program is free so give it a try, for me it =
is so=20
much better then hearsme and the others..</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>have fun</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Fatts</DIV>
<DIV>ICQ10637450</DIV>
=
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0356_01C03DE3.6A4BD8C0--

ActiveWorlds IRC. Does it exist?

Oct 16, 2001, 10:36pm
Agreed. The names should show up upon entry in a world of the within the
200m chat range, or at least give the worldowner the option to
enable/disable that feature. I don't like nameless stalkers buzzing around
me trying to watch my every move. If they can see who I am then I should be
able to see who they are!

Ox64

[View Quote]

ActiveWorlds IRC. Does it exist?

Oct 18, 2001, 8:32pm
Might be 7 months old, but better late than never ;)
[View Quote]

Help please:)--Fair World Server Pricing?

Oct 23, 2001, 11:48pm
Only two cents I can offer on the issue is my opinion about those hosting
services who charge according world/user size which I feel is unfair and my
biggest gripe. As a result, I feel people have been misled by this theory
that the bigger the world or the more users the world has, the more
technical it gets in the amount of resources used on the hosting end when in
reality there is very little difference (assuming good hardware is in
place).

[View Quote]

Help please:)--Fair World Server Pricing?

Oct 24, 2001, 10:08pm
I realize what you are saying is true, however I still feel that it is not
enough to make a difference unless someone decides to go hog wild on cell
data in a bigger world. We hosted the worlds Hangout (P-100/50 world) and
T3K (P20/5) off an old Cyrix 120mhz machine and there was no noticeable
problems in performance. The only thing I ever did manage was to crash the
world server process once when we reached the 50 user limit, but I was also
majorly overloading the same machine with about 90 other processes at the
same time. Tons of builds were built in the world and the cell database
stayed right around 5 meg right before the world license expired. I'm sure
if our goal was to cram as many objects into the world as possible this
figure would have increased quickly, but most people just want a nice
looking world that renders well for most people which would mean lower
object density. If the use of a few megs of space really that big of a deal
to the hosting service, then charge for the amount of space used by the cell
data, not by the world license. If they use a lot of space, then I would
definitely charge extra without a question.

If a hosting service is charging by world license or for a few megs of disk
usage, I feel that this would be no benefit to the customers as there are
very competitive services available already, even free ones that a few have
mentioned in the previous posts, that do not factor this into their prices.

[View Quote]

RWXViewer 0.90 beta 1 released !

Oct 25, 2001, 9:28pm
I downloaded it last night fox and it works great. I have tried several
other rwx viewers from other sites in the past and had no problems and no
errors getting the programs to run. I'm very happy with this program.
Thanks for taking the time to write it. I'll find it useful for working on
objects on my local drive. If it's any concern, the hardware I'm running
the viewer on is a HP Pavilion 366mhz/64megs RAM and a ATI All-In-Wonder 3D
card running the latest video driver from their site. I would say no
feedback from the others is good news? (success) :)

Ox64

[View Quote]

RWXViewer 0.90 beta 1 released !

Oct 27, 2001, 9:01pm
Ok I did run across a problem earlier today when I tried to view a skybox
object off of AWGate's object path:

http://objects.activeworlds.com/awgate/models/sky_plain0900.zip

"RWX has caused an error in kernel32.dll" on Windows ME.

Don't know if it's just me or if it happens with anyone else, but thought I
would pass this along if you were interested.

[View Quote]

AW takes a dive (?)

Oct 25, 2001, 10:12pm
As of 10pm VRT Thursday night ~500 users currently online. Not bad
considering, although it would be nice to see the numbers back up to 700 and
800 like before, but hopefully that will come soon :)

[View Quote]

AW takes a dive (?)

Oct 27, 2001, 9:19pm
I've seen it at 800 something before, too bad I didn't get a screenshot of
it. I guess I just spend too much time on AW, lol.

Ox64