A!!CT is deleted and I am gone :P (General Discussion)

A!!CT is deleted and I am gone :P // General Discussion

1  2  3  |

grimble grimble2000@btinternet:com

Feb 10, 2003, 8:55am
Awww don't be so mean Bowen. Afterall, the whole AW "community" (ick, horrid
word) revolves around this guy in the same way as the 3.4 Beta couldn't
survive without a certain digitally re-mastered greek god.

[View Quote] Which Greek god?

If NCC was his spokesperson I don't think that community revolved too much around
him. I mean, even if you tell NCC he's wrong on something insignificant he'll call
you a "hater" and that you're disrespecting him. :O

--Bowen--

grimble grimble2000@btinternet:com

Feb 10, 2003, 1:31pm
*Shrug* People like NCC can call me what they like ... I have sufficent
facilities to mute/ignore the likes of him. Besides, he may be right.
Perhaps I am a "hater", perhaps I do disrespect some people. Perhaps I hate
those that justify no respect because they take away from those that charge
themselves with gaining the respect of others with no hidden motives for
rewards and accolades ... adults basically ... whether by quiet, mature
involvement or by visibly going out of their way to help others.

Those that bear grudges and cry like babies get no respect from me, and I
would hope none from others either. Then maybe they'll just go away. If the
likes of NCC can gain a reputation that holds such, umm, fear essentially,
as you describe, then who gives a toss about the "community". Its dominated
by a bunch of over opinionated pissants with a severe lack of perspective on
social interaction.

People that want to go .... just GO! ... and if you're leaving, then your
gripe with the world is of no relevance to these newsgroups. In the immortal
words of the famous rocket scientist ... "Its not rocket science!".

Grims

P.S. THE Greek God (on which the Romans based Jupiter I believe).

[View Quote]

stecloud

Feb 10, 2003, 2:34pm
If you really are 26 - don't you care how surprised so many people were
about it. this is why - I've tried to help you in the past but you don't
seem to ever listen.

[View Quote]

stecloud

Feb 10, 2003, 2:41pm
OneSummer was advertising her world on the AWTeen NG on Andras' server - you
had an NG on that and you never advertised on AWTeen's.

OneSummer is worse and if I wasn't a spokesman for a community in AWTeen I
would reprimand her - but i don;'t think thats how someone representing a
community should act. Don't worry though, plenty of other people do it for
me.

d a n

Feb 10, 2003, 2:51pm
Shouldnt this be in andras flames group :P

---
D a n

Poseidon? Are you talking about AWTeen because I'd assume AWTeen is more held
together by Chanty. :O Or maybe Poseidon is a better example because you can use it
like you did.

*yawn* publicity stunt.. *goes back to homework*

linn ironhead@digitalpassage(dot)com

Feb 10, 2003, 6:10pm
yes again sigh

In case Grimble's jab was too subtle, he's referring to Technozeus.
Apparently, he seems to think TZ's head is getting inflated over the 3.4
beta. :P

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Over-inflated for your protection
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

Ooooh, I see it now. I thought Jupiter was Poseidon and Saturn was Zeus?

--Bowen--

elyk

Feb 10, 2003, 6:45pm
Yet, MORE arguments that I'm now dumber for reading.....although very
ridiculously hilarious. Calm down children ;)
[View Quote]

lord perception

Feb 10, 2003, 6:57pm
[View Quote] Yeah but, you get really sick of it after awhile as it seems the same old
tired lines are thrown around time and time again. Like seeing reruns of a
TV Program over and over again. I'm still bamboozled as to why after a
heated debate that humans degenerate and resort to name calling and childish
insults to get their point across. I'm also still curious as to why the AW
Newsgroups seems to be alight in flames more often than normal Usenet
newsgroups. I will agree with you that it is funny... but only initially
and after that it begins to get tired.

elyk

Feb 10, 2003, 7:10pm
This stuff is like the spark of the newsgroups.....I fall out of my chair
laughing over some of the ridiculous crap that ppl say here and how everyone
takes things so personally. Most of the time, the newsgroups is boring
junk....like "come to this event on Jan 7th." blah blah blah....I get
enough spam grams from various ppl who love to telegram non-useful crap. So
this is somewhat interesting.
[View Quote]

grimble grimble2000@btinternet:com

Feb 10, 2003, 8:11pm
Thankyou Goob! *sigh*

Grims

[View Quote]

grimble grimble2000@btinternet:com

Feb 10, 2003, 8:13pm
Poseidon was Neptune to the Romans

[View Quote] That's who it was, I could never remember.

--Bowen--

linn ironhead@digitalpassage(dot)com

Feb 10, 2003, 8:48pm
OS represents AW?? scuse moi???????

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Feb 10, 2003, 9:01pm
"representing a community"
Please see below:)

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Feb 10, 2003, 11:44pm
the whole thread should be :-) mine wasn't a flame though, just commenting
at the suprise :-)

Someone's a little unstable... ;) Chill, dude. The newsgroups are hardly
representative of the AW community. If I were you and been through what you
have, then I'd stay away from them.

Chris

[View Quote]

brock

Feb 11, 2003, 12:53am
You know what, leave, that's all i'm going to say, get out of here, and stay
out. I'm really fed up with this crap.

--
Brock - 308723
AW 3.4 Build: 455
Brock at iceflare.net

From Newbie Guide to the Newsgroup (4th Edition):

"Brock - This dude with a 'tude isn't afraid to speak his mind,
especially when it concerns others in his own age range.
In other words, the perfect NG candidate."
-------------------

Way to keep with the times, Brock. This issue has long since been
resolved. :P

Stirring the shit long after it's gone stale
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

brock

Feb 12, 2003, 12:01am
Do i look like i'm here during the weekend lol

--
Brock - 308723
AW 3.4 Build: 455
Brock at iceflare.net

From Newbie Guide to the Newsgroup (4th Edition):

"Brock - This dude with a 'tude isn't afraid to speak his mind,
especially when it concerns others in his own age range.
In other words, the perfect NG candidate."
-------------------

If its deleted how come I still see it on the worlds list.... :S

*smack* Pay attention to other threads! :P

Always wanted to do that...
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

*smacks back* there is too much rubbish to read in other threads, most of it
Bruce and co pleading poverty :P Care to be a dear and summarise it?

Lazy bastard. :P

Basically, A!!CT is open under new management.

All the news that's fit to pimp
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

grimble grimble2000@btinternet:com

Feb 14, 2003, 1:03am
Sadly this is the result of wingeing attention-grabbers mindlessly
cross-posting. I've not stuck my head in either the general.discussion or
the community newsgroups for some time ... so I didn't know either (not that
its changed my life, heh).

Grims.

Pffft, thanks Goob :D

1  2  3  |