satelite image (General Discussion)

satelite image // General Discussion

hey, heres something some of u might find interesting:
http://www.earthviewer.com/
its a satelite map viewing thingy majiga. but u can only use it on nvidia
video cards!
well, check it out anyway, so u get what i mean. oh, and be warned, it takes
quiet a while to load the imagery (well, on my 56k anyway) so u may need
some patience

-SWE

maki

Jan 20, 2003, 1:35am
kewl. :)

maki
[View Quote]

baron chazrad

Jan 20, 2003, 8:43am
very kewl tnx
"maki" <maki at awmaki.com> wrote in
news:3e2b6e7a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> kewl. :)
>
> maki
[View Quote]

zeo toxion

Jan 20, 2003, 3:47pm
theres an html version

--
Zeo

[View Quote] > its a satelite map viewing thingy majiga. but u can only use it on nvidia

d a n

Jan 20, 2003, 5:43pm
Screenshots >_< i dont have nivida

Can you fake a nivida graphics card so you can tell the software that you
have nivida when you dont?

---
D a n

ncc 71854

Jan 20, 2003, 6:16pm
rofl

"d a n" <awdan at aol.com> wrote in news:3e2c517b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Screenshots >_< i dont have nivida
>
> Can you fake a nivida graphics card so you can tell the software that you
> have nivida when you dont?

Get yourself a GeForce this second! There are no other chipsets worthy of
the name "3D graphics accelerator"!

KAH

joeman

Jan 21, 2003, 12:54am
Radeon.

-Joe

Jan 21, 2003, 1:06am
[View Quote] Trident ownz j00.

Hercules towers over the competition. :P

Chris

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at skywalkeronline.net> wrote in news:3e2dccc4$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hercules towers over the competition. :P

That's for amateurs :-D GeForce is the ruler!

KAH

shred

Jan 23, 2003, 12:38pm
[View Quote] The Radeon 9700 Pro knocks the hell out of the Geforce4 Ti 4600. Nvidia needs to retaliate soon if it wants to reclaim the performance crown.

shred

Jan 23, 2003, 12:38pm
[View Quote] Trident makes budget video cards mostly for OEM customers. It doesn't stand a chance in the 3D accelerator arena :P

shred

Jan 23, 2003, 12:47pm
As far as I know, Hercules doesn't make its own chipset designs. It uses nVidia and ATi chips to power its cards. Nobody varies much from the reference design, anyway, you know :P

[View Quote] No crap. Sarcasm is what Bowen is all about. I thought it was pretty evident.

[View Quote] And how much does it cost?

Geforce4 TI4200 for about 140$... The best graphics card you can get for under $150.
I think there are only 2 Radeon's that beat it in performance. But they certainly
don't match for price.

--Bowen--

shred

Jan 23, 2003, 2:25pm
[View Quote] You can pick up a Radeon 9700 Pro for $330 at http://www.newegg.com.

Compare the Radeon 9700 Pro to its designated competition rather than a product that it isn't meant to compete with. It is not a mainstream card.

The Radeon 9500 Pro is ATi's flagship in the mainstream market. ATi's version of the card costs $160 at newegg.com. You can buy a slightly less powerful "powered by ATi" card with the chipset for $141. There is also the Radeon 9000 Pro, but it is less powerful than the 9500. The 9500 PRO outperforms the GF4 Ti 4200 in non-CPU dependent benchmarks.

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021218/index.html

shred

Jan 23, 2003, 2:26pm
[View Quote] I don't know anything about you - I don't know what you are "all about". It's rather difficult to detect sarcasm in three words spoken by someone you don't know.

> I don't know anything about you - I don't know what you are "all about". It's
rather difficult to detect sarcasm in three words spoken by someone you don't know.

Be inventive. I don't often use "1337."

--Bowen--
M4yb3 1 5h0uld m0r3

shred

Jan 23, 2003, 2:32pm
> You can pick up a Radeon 9700 Pro for $330 at http://www.newegg.com.
>
> Compare the Radeon 9700 Pro to its designated competition rather than a
> product that it isn't meant to compete with. It is not a mainstream card.
>
> The Radeon 9500 Pro is ATi's flagship in the mainstream market. ATi's
> version of the card costs $160 at newegg.com. You can buy a slightly
> less powerful "powered by ATi" card with the chipset for $141. There is
> also the Radeon 9000 Pro, but it is less powerful than the 9500. The
> 9500 PRO outperforms the GF4 Ti 4200 in non-CPU dependent benchmarks.
>
> http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021218/index.html

Correction: the $160 R9500 is not an ATi retail card. It's a "powered by" card manufactured by Sapphire Technology Ltd.

shred

Jan 23, 2003, 2:40pm
[View Quote] I'm afraid that I don't keep profiles on the writing styles of every member of the newsgroup, Bowen. I don't read very many posts here. I didn't know whether or not you used numeric typing often or not. It wasn't a very obvious sarcastic remark.

Here's a tip: If you want people to know you're joking, make it
extremely outlandish, such as:

Trident ownz j00!!!!1111 ;P

Note the ;P for added clarification. Most people recognize that as some
form of sarcasm/joking.

Let's leave sarcasm to the experts, shall we? ;)
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

[View Quote] Well sarcastic comments aren't usually meant as jokes. I thought it was fairly
obvious I was being sarcastic; I'll make sure to rectify that next time.

--Bowen--

syntax

Jan 24, 2003, 5:24am
lol Shred. Well if your any kind of hardware enthusiast, you'd know that
Trident totally sucks. :-P
I got a chuckle when he said the comment, being a previous owner of a
Trident card myself.
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

shred

Jan 25, 2003, 1:34pm
[View Quote] Nah, don't bother. I'm just a dry old gnome ;P