Tourists (General Discussion)

Tourists // General Discussion

1  |

talisan

Aug 28, 2002, 3:19pm
I'm sure this is an old topic, but I wasn't reading the boards at the time.

Why were tourists removed from AlphaWorld? Seems to me as if a lot of the
life of the world is now gone. You run across tourist builds all the time,
and some of them are just breathtaking. Where else can tourists build? And
if I were NEW to AW, how would I know where to build as a tourist? I'm
really sorry to see Lara not hanging around like she had been too. I know
she loved to help out new people coming into AlphaWorld. Did removing
tourists really make more money for AWI? I'm betting it did not, but you
tell me if you know it did please.

shred

Aug 28, 2002, 3:55pm
http://mauz.info/awworlds.html has a list of worlds that notes whether or not tourists are allowed entry and whether or not the world is open for public building.

"talisan" <wardaor at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3d6d0615$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I'm sure this is an old topic, but I wasn't reading the boards at the
> time.
>
> Why were tourists removed from AlphaWorld? Seems to me as if a lot of
> the life of the world is now gone. You run across tourist builds all
> the time, and some of them are just breathtaking. Where else can
> tourists build? And if I were NEW to AW, how would I know where to
> build as a tourist? I'm really sorry to see Lara not hanging around
> like she had been too. I know she loved to help out new people coming
> into AlphaWorld. Did removing tourists really make more money for AWI?
> I'm betting it did not, but you tell me if you know it did please.

They can build in the Norwegian world Pata.

Tourists can build in AWTeen, and if I'm not mistaken, the GateKeepers at
AWGate usually tell tourists what worlds are open to them every few minutes.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

tony m

Aug 28, 2002, 8:55pm
I tried to email AW about this; have yet to receive any response.

[View Quote] >I'm sure this is an old topic, but I wasn't reading the boards at the time.

>Why were tourists removed from AlphaWorld? [...]

maki

Aug 28, 2002, 11:07pm
[View Quote] To get them to purchase citizenship... :)

maki www.awmaki.com

talisan

Aug 29, 2002, 1:16am
But did it have the desired effects? :)

> To get them to purchase citizenship... :)
>
> maki www.awmaki.com

the derek

Aug 29, 2002, 2:41am
doubt it... also having worlds to have to pay to get a lot of visitors is
gonna REALLY hurt aw come february (i dont plan to renew cause of this, and
im sure im not alone)
[View Quote]

mrbruce

Aug 29, 2002, 2:34pm
Also some of the biggest world open to tourist building are America,
AWNewbie, AWTeen and A!!CT worlds. These worlds are all over 2000 meters in
size and have large user limits. Some worlds also save tourist builds using
bot programs.
MrBruce
[View Quote]

maki

Aug 29, 2002, 9:14pm
talisan questioned:
> But did it have the desired effects? :)

Not sure, enzo at a techtalk once said they were making the most money when
they disabled tourist access to the entire universe....but personally...I
wouldn't pay to get into alphaworld... kind of..*lame* :-)

maki awmaki.com

AWTeen is now p-3000 :D

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Aug 29, 2002, 11:04pm
that was cause in those 2 months , cits were still 20 $ , and the few
tourists that really wanted to get in bought a cit

"maki" <maki at awmaki.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d6eaae4 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> talisan questioned:
>
> Not sure, enzo at a techtalk once said they were making the most money
when
> they disabled tourist access to the entire universe....but personally...I
> wouldn't pay to get into alphaworld... kind of..*lame* :-)
>
> maki awmaki.com

the derek

Aug 30, 2002, 2:19am
yup look at their stock history... a little after they changed everything it
took a dive
[View Quote]

maki

Aug 30, 2002, 2:32am
history yes...considering they don't have stock anymore
[View Quote]

syko

Aug 30, 2002, 2:48am
did it lose all value?

I'm thinking so

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 30, 2002, 3:04am
not ALL but enough to get pulled off the NYSE

Umm, they were never on the NYSE. Their stock got pulled off of NASDAQ
after they didn't show up to an appeal hearing to keep the stock listed.
This was due, in part, to Rick and JP resigning as CEO and CFO of AWCorp
and buying out the subsidiary, AW Inc.

I'd point you to the AWNews story, but the site is still down. :P

[View Quote] > not ALL but enough to get pulled off the NYSE
It won't be for long!
robrod at prism.net