AWCOM CEO (General Discussion)

AWCOM CEO // General Discussion

1  |

hicks8

Aug 4, 2002, 2:01am
Do you ever wonder when we'll AWCOM Employees being carted off by the police
on T.V. just like WorldCom?

dion

Aug 4, 2002, 2:03am
Nice grammar.

[View Quote]

hicks8

Aug 4, 2002, 2:09am
Yep

eep

Aug 4, 2002, 2:21am
AWCOM doesn't exist. AWC's directors may get into trouble but AWI's Rick and JP are basically free and clear of any misdoings (i.e. "cooking the books") they may have done at AWC since they bought AW from AWC and are no longer a public company. <eyes JP suspiciously>

[View Quote] > Do you ever wonder when we'll AWCOM Employees being carted off by the police
> on T.V. just like WorldCom?

the derek

Aug 4, 2002, 4:08am
arg i had to read that like 5 times to understand what the hell he said :/
[View Quote]

ihnk

Aug 4, 2002, 11:51am
they should... but their company is only worth around $750,000 and i believe
thats still considered a small buisness? anyway they are too small a company
to get much national exposure

[View Quote]

tony m

Aug 4, 2002, 2:52pm
I can't make any sense out of it at all..

[View Quote] >arg i had to read that like 5 times to understand what the hell he said :/

dion

Aug 4, 2002, 3:39pm
I read it about 20 times and then I gave up. LOL :-P

[View Quote]

ohhhmy

Aug 4, 2002, 4:49pm
In part all of you are missing her post....

1 - LOOK AT THE NAMES used....

WorldCom = AwCom [AWC]

What did WorldCom do that might be similar to AwCom? ir what did AwCom
that might be similar to WorldCom?

In WorldCom's case they made such huge exposure because of the millions
involved.

In AWC or as many of the people call it it is AwCom [Why? It looks so
similar to some other types of names...]
Then they can put all of these in the "FUNNY" pages and poke fun at them
as she is doing now.

2 - So in [Be hunorus people] AwCom's case they haven't blown all that
many millions YET. When they get to the same level of WorldCom and get
the worlds attention.... I'm sure that the employees of AWC = AwCom
will get their butts parked in some police jail soon enough.

PS: When you should ever need a awful typing reader.... Well.... I
don't know why but sometimes i can read and understand some others awful
typing of things. lol
==================================
[View Quote]

ohhhmy

Aug 4, 2002, 5:19pm
In 99% of these ngs including AWNGS... Many people can't
1 - SPEL worth a darn [Me including]

2 - Type worth a darn [Me including]

BUT when you go to some of these SEARCH ENGINES....
And you happen to go to these very smart people that set up their web
pages.. They most allways buy umpteen domain names for one reason.
PEOPLE CAN'T SPEL WORTH A DARN.

So Yahoo [That is the right spelling] will send you to the same place as
Yaho does. If it don't then they $PAY$ one of these search engine places
like Microsoft to give you some help....

http://www.yaho.com = OOPS.... Can't find...
Did you mean http://www.yahoo.com
or http://www.youhoo.com

So in a way there can be some $$ to be earned by realising that most of
us poor people have no idea how to SPEL worth a darn and by obtaining all
the OOPS domains near yours so everything will point to you even though
they make the OOPS of spelling it wrong.

Yahoo = Yaho and maybe even YouHoo

SO to all the EEPS and other out there.... PLEASE don't come down on
someone that don't know how to SPEL worth a darn....
Your time is better spent to gather up all the mis-spelled words and use
them to your own advantage when setting up your web site.

HINT: Use them in your META KEYWORDS....
When some search engine is looking for textures and someone spells it
testures they still will see your website and you will be that much more
popular than the idiot that dosen't use that small advantage to their own
use.

I know that there is a great deal many of you that have HOMEPAGES at the
very least and many of you have sites where you create BOTS, MODELS,
TEXTURES, and other PROGRAMS for the internet community or for the 3D VR
communities.

Instead of comming in here and making others feel such fools for not
knowing how to SPEL correctly you all should be taking notes of mispelled
words. It can be very easy to do. AND very rewarding if you have what
it takes to do it.

What i would like to see is this....

1 - When you come in here or other NGS is to actually LOOK FOR BAD
GRAMMER AND BAD SPEL WORDS...

2 - Copy them in some text editor [Notetab lite]

3 - Share them with friends OR keep them to yourselves...

4 - When you want to create a web site OR a PRODUCT NAME...
Use the words that will be the MOST MISPELLED OF ALL...
they are the ones that will help your product to succeed the most.
EXAMPLE... MAIL sounds the exact same as MALE...
I want to E-MALE my friend
I want to E-MAIL my friend

Get the idea... The most MIS-SPEL of the words use it in your product
name as it is the one most people who don't get it will... It will
become a family name you can say at a moments notice.
How many ODD name can you even think about? KLEEN sould be for USA
people CLEAN
TARN-X [short for Tarnish X]
XTRA [Extra] Washing detergent

Why do you think that they had to make search engines use the FUZZY
thing...
Why do you think so many SPEL CORRECTIONS in programs can do what they
do....
SPEL = Don't you mean SPELL

I have seen it happen so many times in here where all you bunch of idiots
have only one intent in mind... To make complete fools of those that
can't SPEL properly.

All you do for several posts is to go on and on over someones bad
spelling OR GRAMER. In a way i am very happy you do that.
If i can obtain their EMAIL from the name area i am one of those who
respond with a sensible answer right off.

So if anyone of you IDIOTS would care to make yourselves seem less of an
IDIOT in the newsgroups discussions.... PLEASE respond in kindness to
what that person is asking for and not go on and on about how bad they
SPEL or the use of the ENGLISH LANGUAGE or any language.

zeo toxion

Aug 4, 2002, 5:31pm
What the hell are you talking about? I don't see what this has to do with
anyting at all (not to MENTION typing LIKE THIS is very ANOYING)....

About your first post... its Activeworlds Inc. previusly Activeworlds CORP
(not com). Even if it DID have a com in it that would mean absolotley
nothing.

I don't see the point of this thread anyway. As i see it AW is telling us
its in financial troubles not making it look like they arent.

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A message from Zeo Toxion

[View Quote]

eep

Aug 4, 2002, 5:31pm
Again, AWCOM doesn't exist. Activeworlds Corporation (AWC) does but it no longer owns Activeworlds, Incorporated (AWI), which owns Active Worlds (AW).

[View Quote] > In part all of you are missing her post....

> 1 - LOOK AT THE NAMES used....
>
> WorldCom = AwCom [AWC]
>
> What did WorldCom do that might be similar to AwCom? ir what did AwCom
> that might be similar to WorldCom?
>
> In WorldCom's case they made such huge exposure because of the millions
> involved.
>
> In AWC or as many of the people call it it is AwCom [Why? It looks so
> similar to some other types of names...]
> Then they can put all of these in the "FUNNY" pages and poke fun at them
> as she is doing now.
>
> 2 - So in [Be hunorus people] AwCom's case they haven't blown all that
> many millions YET. When they get to the same level of WorldCom and get
> the worlds attention.... I'm sure that the employees of AWC = AwCom
> will get their butts parked in some police jail soon enough.

yanst

Aug 4, 2002, 7:03pm
hicks8,

I don't worry as much about that, but it's good to question what's going on
with any company you have an interest in, either with your money, your
heart, your sweat or your tears. We should count on citizens being filled
in with what's going on with the company every so often by way of a meeting.
Wonder why that isn't happening? : )

Keiffer, two things:

1) Use a spell-checker; most decent email programs have one. That's what
it's there for.

2) Shut up.

[View Quote] > <snip pointless drivel>

Be thankful he can't breed...
robrod at prism.net

Because Rick and JP aren't interested in including their customers in
the company side of things. They're content to believe that a) we
wouldn't care about such things, or b) couldn't possibly understand such
things. To put it simply, they don't care what we think.

[View Quote] > hicks8,

> I don't worry as much about that, but it's good to question what's going on
> with any company you have an interest in, either with your money, your
> heart, your sweat or your tears. We should count on citizens being filled
> in with what's going on with the company every so often by way of a meeting.
> Wonder why that isn't happening? : )

Their uncaring is well documented...
robrod at prism.net

baron

Aug 4, 2002, 7:49pm
This is a candidate for the Funniest Post 2002...and the sig line? Priceless :)

[View Quote]

linn

Aug 4, 2002, 8:29pm
I have yet to find any company who gives it's customers inside inf o LOL
yall get real out there and enjoy what we have maybe even make it better
instead of whinning!
[View Quote]

eep

Aug 4, 2002, 8:59pm
There's not much to enjoy when the features simply aren't there, linn. And it's hard to make it better when the people running AW are incompetent at dealing with its users as they are at developing the software.

The problem is that at one time Rick used to actually care about what AW's citizens (non-paying) thought about AW and where it was going. Ever since JP came onto the scene, AW has basically took a nosedive into the dirt due to JP's greed and tyrannical stranglehold over AW simply because he has money to push Rick around and make him his "whipping boy". Oh, sure, after COF went public and became AWI/AWCI/AWC they gave the illusion they cared about its users with Lucrustia's pathetic little community offerings et al, but any old-time user could see RIGHT through this facade and knew it wouldn't last--at least I could anyway--and same with the way Rick and JP (though JP mostly, I suspect) did business.

Perhaps now Rick and JP will start focusing on AW's users by letting them know where THEY want AW to go but at the same time allowing user/citizen input to also shape and mold AW's future--and not on becoming even more greedy if they truly want AW to succeed. If not, I suggest Rick and JP sell AW to someone who actually has a vision for AW and go do something else already.

[View Quote] > I have yet to find any company who gives it's customers inside inf o LOL
> yall get real out there and enjoy what we have maybe even make it better
> instead of whinning!

[View Quote]

ohhhmy

Aug 4, 2002, 9:32pm
Geesh.... Maybe i'll get a "CY" after all... lol
=======================================
"baron" <pk39srt at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3d4da170 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> This is a candidate for the Funniest Post 2002...and the sig line?
> Priceless :)

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 5, 2002, 2:02am
i dont see any point in complaing they obivously dont give a damn about any
of its citizens. Yeah great idea were heading for a depression and they
decide to jack up the prices when no one can afford it (especially for
something as crappy as this) im not even willing to pay a monthly fee to
play games.. i ave no clue why the hell im still on aw lol theres about 5
people on my whole list that havent left aw

but even if aw puts prices back to normal they gonna lose money. after doing
this the ONLY way they will get users back is having it free again for a
least a couple years

[View Quote]

just in

Aug 5, 2002, 3:57am
Hicks wrote...

"Do you ever wonder when we'll AWCOM Employees being carted off by the
police on T.V. just like WorldCom?"

The error is the missing word "see". Correctly written would be...

"Do you ever wonder when we'll see AWCOM Employees being carted off by the
police on T.V. just like WorldCom?"

Regards, Justin

PS: No, I don't ever wonder that. I do wonder when some people will reread
their typing of posts before clicking the send button.

[View Quote]

yanst

Aug 5, 2002, 4:21am
The Derek,

I believe they do care very much. : ) I'm remaining positive.

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 5, 2002, 5:29pm
thats a good idea... aw wouldnt give a liscense out for free though... i
asked if i could get another world (i already have 2... sorta) without
paying the full liscense they basically said they couldnt, as if it were
illegal or something
[View Quote]

truetome2

Aug 8, 2002, 5:53pm
Well personally I think everyone who is whinning really only cares about
theirself and will always whin about something. I for one love AW and will
continue to be loyal, no matter who owns & runs it. As long as I can make
money and enjoy the things in life that make me happy then I don't let what
others say bother me. Life is too short to complain all the time. If you are
not happy with AW then GO somewhere else, but stop all the bitching about
how you would or wouldn't do things, or how Rick and JP are doing things.
It's their business and if you can do better then do it!!!! I spend more
than 6.95 a week on movie rentals so 6.95 a month for a little fun and
chance to see all my friends is not to much to ask for. Not to mention
everything that AW has added over the last 4 yrs. Besides if you had
somewhere better to go, you would have already and not been here
complaining. :o)
Just my 2 cents worth.
True
[View Quote]