yanst // User Search

1  2  3  4  |

Bot....

Feb 24, 2003, 12:00pm
I tried to post this request in "bots" newsgroup. It never posted for some
reason. Anyway, have asked around, still no response from anyone.

[View Quote]

Bingo Bot

Feb 22, 2003, 11:23pm
There are a couple of people looking for a Bingo Bot. If you have a Bingo
Bot or know of where to get one, it would be much appreciated.

Bingo Bot

Feb 24, 2003, 1:09pm
A couple of people have requested a bingo bot. If anyone knows where one
can be obtained, please post it to the group.

Thanks.

Bingo Bot

Feb 24, 2003, 11:47pm
Andras, What do you mean by loyalty?

[View Quote] Is the word loyalty rings a bell?

> --
> Andras
> "It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Bingo Bot

Feb 24, 2003, 11:48pm
Sounds good. : )

Would sound better if we can negotiate a bot for you.

[View Quote]

Test

Feb 24, 2003, 6:37pm
Testing to see if I can post to this newsgroup.

Test

Feb 24, 2003, 11:39pm
Try grouping the messages by conversation and you don't see the bingo bot
posts, at least I don't. That was the problem. Problem solved. Thanks.

[View Quote]

Bingo Bot

Feb 24, 2003, 6:59pm
Apologies that this is late.

A couple of people are looking for a Bingo Bot. If anyone knows where one
can be obtained, please post it to the group.

Also, regarding the bingo bots that were in use (and may still be in use) in
bingo worlds, it has been said that these are not truly calling random
numbers. Now, I'm not real savvy on programming, am just passing along this
information. (I did pass along this information in an email to Activeworlds
a few months ago; however, don't know if anything has been done to correct
the problem.)

Perhaps someone can get with a programmer to make a Bingo Bot that is
available to not only bingo worlds, but also the kids or whoever else would
like to use one.

B/i/n/g/o B/o/t

Feb 24, 2003, 7:04pm
> A couple of people are looking for a Bingo Bot. If anyone knows where one
> can be obtained, please post it to the group.
>
> Also, regarding the bingo bots that were in use (and may still be in use)
in
> bingo worlds, it has been said that these are not truly calling random
> numbers. Now, I'm not real savvy on programming, am just passing along
this
> information. (I did pass along this information in an email to
Activeworlds
> a few months ago; however, don't know if anything has been done to correct
> the problem.)
>
> Perhaps someone can get with a programmer to make a Bingo Bot that is
> available to not only bingo worlds, but also the kids or whoever else
would
> like to use one.

Universe Teleport

Aug 3, 2002, 3:13pm
Maybe this has already been considered, but for reasons unknown to citizens,
not endorsed and implemented. It would be very nice if we could link to,
for example, Outer Worlds using the same browser just by clicking on
something on my list, with previous permission from both parties. (Maybe a
universe tab like the worlds tab.) I know Ananas offers a little program so
we can use the same browser, but it would be easier to check out another
universe with it listed on the left side, as the world tab.

Universe Teleport

Aug 3, 2002, 4:09pm
I meant to include this in my original post: The problem with updates for
other universes. Seems like if one universe gets an update, all should get
an update. Like Norton, click on a button for a live update, and the
subscription gets renewed once per year.

[View Quote]

Universe Teleport

Aug 3, 2002, 9:28pm
I don't get it.

[View Quote]

Universe Teleport

Aug 4, 2002, 7:07pm
Ok, thanks.

[View Quote]

Consideration for Lesser Speeds, Equip etc.

Sep 8, 2002, 1:18am
Please take into consideration those with small processors, smaller modem
speeds, and lesser hard drive space. It's nice to have the ability to use
and utilize new features, but we must not forget those that it might put a
hardship on. I know of one other person in AW that has the problem I do in
regards to mobility in highly animated areas. I wonder if there is anyone
else that has these problems. I love new features, newer, better, versions
of the software, but I have to be realistic about trying to make due with
the equipment that brings it to my monitor. I'm willing to make some
sacrifices, but not to the point where it hinders me from enjoying AW.

What is Vaporware?

Aug 3, 2002, 1:13am
What is Vaporware?

What is Vaporware?

Aug 3, 2002, 3:06pm
Jetta lewis, I hope your Vaporware Universe can be persuaded off the shelf
and loaded onto a hard drive. I'm curious to see it as I'm sure is everyone
else. Also would be nice to see the state worlds back.

[View Quote]

AWCOM CEO

Aug 4, 2002, 7:03pm
hicks8,

I don't worry as much about that, but it's good to question what's going on
with any company you have an interest in, either with your money, your
heart, your sweat or your tears. We should count on citizens being filled
in with what's going on with the company every so often by way of a meeting.
Wonder why that isn't happening? : )

[View Quote]

AWCOM CEO

Aug 5, 2002, 4:21am
The Derek,

I believe they do care very much. : ) I'm remaining positive.

[View Quote]

Spinning warp?

Aug 7, 2002, 2:50pm
Why did they take the fun out of that?

[View Quote]

Teleportation - Flitting all over the place?

Aug 8, 2002, 12:54am
Source: http://www.synergycorp.com/nwt/uz/uz0p3.htm
Date: December 12, 1995

In part reads:

"Since I came to AlphaWorld, the number one question I have heard from
almost everyone was "how do you teleport?" Finally we are at the point where
we are about to get that feature! However, there will be limits. The
intention as I understand it is to have web-page-based teleport where you
can teleport directly to any spot in AlphaWorld, so you can make lists of
"hot link lists" on web pages, but that will be the only way to go exactly
where you want to go. One important concept is is that we don't want to
spoil the simulation of reality achieved in AlphaWorld so far...and if
everyone is flitting all over the place all the time that goes down the
drain (it's bad enough sometimes with the current WARP feature.) "
----------------------------
Question. Does "flitting all over the place all the time" spoil the
simulation fo reality achieved in Alpha World?

"And you think YOU had a bad day..." (FWD from another newsgroup)

Aug 27, 2002, 1:52pm
This story has been added to from the original.

Your Sincerely,

Yanst

[View Quote]

(C&C) Stress

Aug 28, 2002, 10:13am
Jack and Jill could use this. : )

Warning: This prints out 3 pages. Better do some reformatting.

[View Quote]

Prank e-mail! (HTML I think)

Sep 2, 2002, 11:10am
Where did mine come from? Russia?

Subj: DONT FORGET TO GET YOUR KISS
Date: 9/1/02 7:07:20 PM snip Daylight Time
From: snip
To: snip
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
snip on Monday, September 2, 2002 at 02:07:13

message: YOU HAVE RECEIVED A INSTAKISS!!
GO HERE TO RECIEVE IT - http://yourkiss.da.ru/

Tom (Flagg) is leaving AW

Jan 30, 2003, 4:32pm
I don't understand why E N Z O isn't around more. Don't understand why
another AWI person is leaving. Don't understand why AW Gate looks like
China. Don't understand why a lot of what happens in AW does. Don't know
how people can fix it. But I strongly feel someone does know, and just
isn't saying so. I feel they have an obligation to say how we can fix it,
but they aren't. Frustrating.

[View Quote]

What is happening to AW?

Feb 6, 2003, 10:24pm
It's hard for me to see the kid tourists standing around AWGate. Hard for
me to watch previous cits come in saying hello as tourists.

I don't know if it's the price or not. I think that plus not allowing
tourists in Alpha World hinders. But they are still coming around the gate
(for now) - that is a good thing. Maybe it's the price.

Kids were always so sweet to work around. Some I'll never forget. 2 girls,
I remember, they were so polite. Those were the good ole days. : )

[View Quote]

Manifesto 2000-Need 100 Signatures

Feb 8, 2003, 11:12pm
In order to be considered a messenger of Peace, I must obtain 100 signatures
of the Manifesto 2000. I urge all of you to take the time to read it at
http://www.unesco.org/manifesto2000/default.asp?part=IND/USA/543/QKX Click
on the word "Manifesto" (top right of page), a new page will pop up, click
on the purple box that says "manifesto" at the top of the page, which
contains the below information, after reading it, if you pledge to do this,
please click on the yellow box at the top of the page that says "sign it"
and fill out your information. Thank you!

Manifesto 2000 for a culture of Peace and Non-violence

Because the year 2000 must be a new beginning, an opportunity to transform -
all together - the culture of war and violence into a culture of peace and
non-violence.

Because this transformation demands the participation of each and every one
of us, and must offer young people and future generations the values that
can inspire them to shape a world based on justice, solidarity, liberty,
dignity, harmony and prosperity for all.

Because the culture of peace can underpin sustainable development,
environmental protection and the well-being of each person.

Because I am aware of my share of responsibility for the future of humanity,
in particular to the children of today and tomorrow.

I pledge in my daily life, in my family, my work, my community, my country
and my region, to:

Respect the life and dignity of each human being without discrimination or
prejudice;

Practise active non-violence, rejecting violence in all its forms: physical,
sexual, psychological, economical and social, in particular towards the most
deprived and vulnerable such as children and adolescents;

Share my time and material resources in a spirit of generosity to put an end
to exclusion, injustice and political and economic oppression;

Defend freedom of expression and cultural diversity, giving preference
always to dialogue and listening without engaging in fanaticism, defamation
and the rejection of others;

Promote consumer behaviour that is responsible and development practices
that respect all forms of life and preserve the balance of nature on the
planet;

Contribute to the development of my community, with the full participation
of women and respect for democratic principles, in order to create together
new forms of solidarity;

Ok just my opinion

Feb 9, 2003, 5:08pm
MrBruce, I apologize if my posts seem insensitive to what you need. I
didn't mean to come across that way. Actually, it's a lot information to
sift through and I am not well versed on prices and land things.
a1ctbuilder, please post what MrBruce specifically needs. Prior posts are
too long. Please omit extra information. Come out and tell us exactly what
he's requesting in short sentences. Thanks.

[View Quote]

A!!CT is deleted and I am gone :P

Feb 9, 2003, 7:29pm
MrBruce,

I understand your frustration. Don't give it up. There are people who
care. Take a rest, do something different, get yourself together and then
come back. When you do come back, get with people you know you can trust
and that will lift you up and encourage you on what best to do from this
point forward. Have that group of people band together with you to be your
voice. I'll help you any way that I can. I'm counting on seeing you back
again soon.

Yanst

[View Quote]

Posting in the newsgroup

Oct 2, 2002, 11:30pm
Wonder if that is how Andras's newsgroup was bourne(d). Don't think he
requires this info in order to post. I agree we shouldn't have to enter Cit
Name and password in order to post. And would it really matter anyway? AW
knows who we are, whether we use our real citizen name or not.

I do feel sorry for tourists, they've been wronged. Cute little UPS man
suits, gray words with the cute little " " around their heads. Hands behind
their back looking non-threatening. Innocent to the makings of a mere
pp01.rwx .........yeah, I miss them. : | I enjoy helping them, but not to
be a cit of China.
-------------------------------------
November 15, 1999
[View Quote]

Posting in the newsgroup

Oct 3, 2002, 2:40pm
The point is tourists can't post here and they can't talk to the cits at
Alpha World GZ. They are forced to enter into China. Although, they can
become citizens in MrBruce's world or other tourist enabled worlds. HELLO,
there is something wrong with the way it is here! Goober King, either you
are one of them and for them, or you are for the freedom of tourists and ppl
in AW. If you like China so well, why don't you pack your bags and move
there. But don't use your voice to bring it to those who don't want it
here. I know how I FEEL when I'm trampled, oppressed in this so called
China and it's a horrible feeling. So go blow your communist tricycle
horn someplace else. Tourists should be allowed back in here, the way it
used to be. Quit being all businessey about it, stop skimming over the real
problem, which is the smell of prison here.

PS This is to whoever: DON'T send another free pizza my way, or alcohol.
Don't send any more free offers, vacation deals, radios or free things my
way. I won't take them, won't eat them, drink them, never will take them.
Some of it stems from this place and it isn't right so stop it! And Leave
My Family Alone!!!!!!!

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  |