Again... what's up with NewAW ? (Community)

Again... what's up with NewAW ? // Community

1  |

weizer

------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C46E57.F0A0D9E0

http://mauz.info/awpics2002/CYAwards-20021026-2.jpg

Why does AWI take sooooo long before opening NewAW ? Does anybody know =
what's happening with this world ? Just wondering...

Weizer
------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C46E57.F0A0D9E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://mauz.info/awpics2002/CYAwards-20021026-2.jpg">http://mauz.=
info/awpics2002/CYAwards-20021026-2.jpg</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Why does AWI take sooooo long before opening NewAW ? Does anybody =
know=20
what's happening with&nbsp;this world&nbsp;? Just wondering...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Weizer</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C46E57.F0A0D9E0--

tengel

Jul 20, 2004, 1:30pm
So far NewAW, is a test world, and if i remember correct, it will be some
beta test there, that citizen could sign on to join.

--
Tengel

www.3D-Nordic.com

[View Quote] Why does AWI take sooooo long before opening NewAW ? Does anybody know
what's happening with this world ? Just wondering...

Weizer

builderz

Jul 20, 2004, 3:27pm
Take a look at this link for more info:

http://awnews.org/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=437&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

If you can't click on it, just copy and paste it into your Web browser.

Builderz
http://www.3DHost.net

[View Quote] > http://mauz.info/awpics2002/CYAwards-20021026-2.jpg

> Why does AWI take sooooo long before opening NewAW ? Does anybody know
> what's happening with this world ? Just wondering...

c p

------=_NextPart_000_00FE_01C46E63.CFF73980

Ok heres whats happening, world NewAW has been closed, AWI,. and their =
new employee Mousty, have been working on a great new system, including =
many features to make it a great world, beta test are going on inside =
newaw2, and citizens are/were allowed to sign up using a form a while =
back :), its taking so long because of all the great stuff, its being =
changed to have a few rpgish features, an improved building system, and =
a bunch of other things [hint] woof [/hint] and another feature for any =
Harvest Moon fans out there.

ok that's all I can say lest I be shot by Mousty, and grimm,=20
[View Quote] Why does AWI take sooooo long before opening NewAW ? Does anybody know =
what's happening with this world ? Just wondering...

Weizer
------=_NextPart_000_00FE_01C46E63.CFF73980

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ok heres whats happening, world NewAW =
has been=20
closed, AWI,. and their new employee Mousty, have been working on a =
great new=20
system, including many features to make it a great world, beta test are =
going on=20
inside newaw2, and citizens are/were allowed to sign up using a form a =
while=20
back :), its taking so long because of all the great stuff, its being =
changed to=20
have a few rpgish features, an improved building system, and a bunch of =
other=20
things&nbsp;[hint] woof [/hint] and another feature for any Harvest Moon =
fans=20
out there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ok that's all I can say lest I be shot =
by Mousty,=20
and grimm, </FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"weizer" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:gsoucis at magma.ca">gsoucis at magma.ca</A>&gt;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_00FE_01C46E63.CFF73980--

[View Quote] He is trying to say she has made a dog that poo's, poo's come more, then
hads a puppy :O

LOL, come to AWTeen GZ :O

- Mark R

e n z o

------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C46E71.39429080

It will be ready soon :)

[View Quote] Why does AWI take sooooo long before opening NewAW ? Does anybody know =
what's happening with this world ? Just wondering...

Weizer

------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C46E71.39429080

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It will be ready soon&nbsp; :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>E</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"weizer" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:gsoucis at magma.ca">gsoucis at magma.ca</A>&gt;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C46E71.39429080--

c p

Jul 20, 2004, 7:21pm
why 0-0

[View Quote]

syntax

Jul 20, 2004, 9:09pm
Define "soon".
I don't think the current definition of "soon" applies to Newburyport, Mass
(with the way things have been in the past, anyway). >_<
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

elyk

Jul 21, 2004, 1:58am
Mousty is not an employee. This was asked on.. She is helping out with
bot work. That seemed to have been some misinformation.

[View Quote] > Ok heres whats happening, world NewAW has been closed, AWI,. and their

--
Elyk
kfoerst at sbcglobal.net

guess you mean a contacter type thing? :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

elyk

Jul 21, 2004, 10:50pm
I don't even think she's being paid... if so.. *shrug* hopefully part
of it is not my money that I paid for my cit that's going to waste ;P I
know that she's not an employee though ;)

[View Quote] --
Elyk
kfoerst at sbcglobal.net

hu

Jul 23, 2004, 3:03am
Yes, you said "soon" a year ago... ? How long is your idea of "soon"?

Hu

[View Quote]

builderz

Jul 23, 2004, 5:30pm
Soon as in the time it took Doom 3 to be released? ;)

Builderz
http://www.3DHost.net

[View Quote] > It will be ready soon :)

legion

Aug 13, 2004, 12:44am
You make it sounds like paying a tax ;)

--
Legion
Chairman of Rockford Township, Phin County, Alphaworld

It is, Id have programmed the bloody thing myself by now :O How hard can it
be? *Rummages around for a few hundred .h files from World Core*

- MR

[View Quote]

dmc2u

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C49B6B.8E8EDDB0

Hey ! !=20
I seen the Poo !!!=20
And the flies that come with it :)>
[View Quote] E
[View Quote] Why does AWI take sooooo long before opening NewAW ? Does anybody =
know what's happening with this world ? Just wondering...

Weizer
------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C49B6B.8E8EDDB0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey ! ! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I seen the Poo !!! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And the flies that come with it =
:)&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"e n z o" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:enzo at activeworlds.com">enzo at activeworlds.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:40fd79f4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:40fd79f4$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It will be ready soon&nbsp; :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>E</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"weizer" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:gsoucis at magma.ca">gsoucis at magma.ca</A>&gt;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C49B6B.8E8EDDB0--

legion

Sep 16, 2004, 12:04am
lol

--
Legion
Chairman of Rockford Township, Phin County, Alphaworld

[View Quote] E
[View Quote] Why does AWI take sooooo long before opening NewAW ? Does anybody know
what's happening with this world ? Just wondering...

Weizer

Please at least snip your posts if you are going to make rediculously small
and unprompted ones.

- Mark R

[View Quote]

e n z o

Sep 16, 2004, 5:05pm
lol 2 just to irritate SR

that was uncalled for, just snip your posts people! :P

-SWE

[View Quote]

syntax

Sep 17, 2004, 3:32pm
but wot is up wit neew Aw? its been lik 1 or 2 yeers since u have said
nething bout it .......

The reason NewAW #1 never came out was because certain things never got
added, Transport etc (which I of coursed offered to make them when Bill was
still about, ha... ha... ha....).

Really though I don't know whats going on with the new one, unless they want
to impliment toilet cycles for your avatars... ? Should have been out months
and months ago in my not-so-humble opinion.

- Mark R

[View Quote]

jaguar hahn

Sep 17, 2004, 4:34pm
NewAW2 isn't doing much either...I've seen a few people in NewAW and some
scattered about in NewAW2 every once in a while. I think NewAW2 is trying to
add toiley cycles? Not sure. They've been having problems with the bots to
work right (hence: taking a shower, etc). Don't know what's up with either
world. Along with everyone else, I'm ready for the public opening of NewAW
and NewAW2.

Jaguar Hahn

[View Quote]

legion

Sep 17, 2004, 4:51pm
Ok, what's up with Activeworlds Inc.? They are wasting their times and money
on trying to fix the NewAW that is already broken. They aren't giving Active
Worlds browser enough time to develop it further. Neither did they stick to
their promises to implement object additions to Alphaworld's object library,
which was belated. Someone once said, "If it's broken, don't fix it." I say
it's time for Activeworlds Inc. to shifts their focus to something else,
like Active Worlds browser and Alphaworld. It's time for Activeworlds Inc.
to stop wasting their time on mindlessly fixing NewAW, which they failed to
fix major bugs there. It's been years since it was first created and it
still hasn't been fixed so that means it's broken, not workable. It's waste
of valuable and precious time and money. From this point now, I'll leave it
to Eep and others to complain about.

--
Legion
Chairman of Rockford Township, Phin County, Alphaworld

[View Quote]

c p

Sep 17, 2004, 6:26pm
The saying is "if it aint broken, don't fix it"

and AWI isn't wasting THEIR time on NewAW, firstly it is a citizen project
(sorta), just as AWRPG, and AWTeen, and all other AW worlds...AS far as i
have seen Mousty is making the new bot code, and Stacee( i think) was doing
the objects...

Mousty was contracted by AWI to do it which is madness because what they
should have done is contracted a team of 2 or 3 people to make components
for the plugin structure. Could have had the initial coding done in 2 week
or so.

- MR

[View Quote]

jaguar hahn

Sep 17, 2004, 9:38pm
No offense but Mousty doesn't have the bots up at least 5 mins a day. Stacee
does do the building and objects. SR should do the bots...it's taking
forever

Jaguar Hahn

[View Quote]

c p

Sep 17, 2004, 9:55pm
stacee's objects look fabulous though :)

[View Quote] Because from what I was aware, she was barely out of the basic of basic
programming classes.