dmc2u // User Search

1  2  |

NAC MY ASS

Feb 9, 2002, 10:06am
Greetings & Salutations Fellow AW Citizens,
When I first heard this anounced, I was stunned.
I had to ask several times to get JP to clarify what this meant.

To me, as a current citizen, thinking when / if I leave AW for whatever
reasons my builds, Rain Forrest ( ha ha ) , and Real Estate would be deleted
in one fell swoop just would not register in my mind.

To think all the time, energy and love put into those build would disapear
in one brief moment........Well, the thought was apauling to say the least.

Then I read the newsgroup items and started thinking again. ( dangerous ) *
veg*

I remembered one of the reasons why it was I mailed in my $19.95 for 2
......yes that's right TWO years of AW citizenship !

It was becaused we were PROMISED ....Citizens...REGISTERED CITIZENS would
have the right to DELETE NAC PROPERTY on or about December of 1997.

That promise was never honored...for whatever reasons.

I propose they HONOR that PROMISE.... and institute that policy
NOW...rather than their plan of having it done by a bot.

I would not be afraid that ALL my land marked as NAC after I left would be
deleted, ( there's just too much of it ) but if a registered citizen came
across something they felt they just had to delete or wanted to complete a
build of their own, so be it, fair is fair.

It would also empower the entire AW Community the ability to clean up some
of the garbarge they come across in their travels.
Thus saving the GET Team the trouble. * smile *

I'm sure there will be a few assholes that have nothing better to do than go
around deleting NAC but I can't see anyone doing that for too long without
getting bored.

Sooooo... What'd ya think ...Is this a plan ?
Sincerely
Doug
Dmc2u - XTeam ATL

NAC MY ASS

Feb 9, 2002, 7:28pm
Chris...
I totally understand that there is much NAC builds that are worth keeping
And I believe that could be work for the AWHS.
Sites submitted .. and put under the protection of AWHS.
But at least my way it would have a chance of remaining indefinately...
whereas their way ...POOF ! it's gone !"

[View Quote]

NAC MY ASS

Feb 12, 2002, 6:26pm
Mmmm... I'd go for that ... good idea... but not sure if AWCOM would.
Cheers
Dmc2u
[View Quote]

NAC MY ASS

Feb 12, 2002, 9:12pm
Chris.... I was at the meeting.....believe me ... there was no thought given
at all to the GET.

Under this new rule....NAC dated before Jan 2 2002 would not be touched.

"The way it stands right now. If an existing user lets they citizenship
expire, then yes they would fall under the same program as new users who let
they citizenship lapse and they woule loose their properties. An already
expired user would not be subject to that program as they would not have had
any knowledge that their stuff could be lost if they left AW."

"no DMC. I said that NAC will not be touched as it would be unfair to
delete the property of someone who does not know that if they had let they
citizenship expire it could get deleted "

My Point is ... When the # at $%$ was I notified that if I remained a citizen
after Jan 2, 2002 that sooner or later my property would be deleted ?
Existing users were never given the chance to retire their current accounts
in order to preserve their property.

I think this whole issue should be re - thought because I for one will not
be a happy camper if this stays in effect.
Cheers
Dmc2u

[View Quote]

NAC MY ASS

Feb 13, 2002, 1:25am
moff piett
Sad to say ...
I believe this affects all AWCOM worlds, not just AW ...
but Mars, Yellow, COF meta, etc etc ...

[View Quote]

Gate Censorship Totally Unnescessary

Mar 18, 2003, 11:57am
Very well said {{{{{{{{{{{{ Lioness }}}}}}}}}}

AWDebate is for debates....

To quote a few of my fav macros...
1.You have to realize that here at The Gate...Gk's are trying to help new
ppl get acclimated to the software...and have fun doing it.

2.The primary purpose of AWGate is to provide a helpful, friendly entrance
to Activeworlds for all .

3. Anyone entering The Gate with the intent to insult, hurt , or cause
trouble will be ejected without warning...unless we feel like giving you a
hard time first .:)>

[View Quote]

Where's Baro?

Nov 15, 2003, 1:05am
Ahem .. seems many people were left off those lists...
So don't feel bad .
[View Quote]

this is all true and good

Nov 21, 2003, 7:38pm
NO !

If I want to know your opinion ............. I'll tell you what it is !

hehe ....

[View Quote]

AW Radio Station Questions

Feb 8, 2004, 10:34pm
OK ... Does the radio Station itself need to be licensed ???
or the hosting service.? Or both ?
We area a NON Profit Station. Run by volunteers...
Cheers
DMC2U AWVR - DJ

[View Quote]

Tourist Bingo

Feb 8, 2004, 7:30pm
Tours World will once again be hosting a Bingo Game for Tourists ONLY...On
Saturday Feb. 14th.
Please See : http://host.activeworlds.com/tours/valentine.htm
And or http://host.activeworlds.com/tours/tbingo.htm For details
Happy Valentines Day from your AWGuides

Doug / DMC2U
AW Guide Administrator

Tourist Bingo Saturday Feb. 14th 6:00pm VRT

Feb 13, 2004, 3:41am
Oops .. did you not see the links posted in previous message?
Specifics are posted there :)>
Cheers

--
Doug / DMC2U

Were is JP?

May 20, 2004, 10:01am
Try calling AW Inc. ya just never know who'll answer the phone :)
Call Active Worlds at 1 - 978 - 499- 0222
Cheers
DMC2U

[View Quote]

Lost Friend

May 20, 2004, 9:52am
I am Shocked . this is a very sad day.
My thought's and prayers go out to her family and to her many friends here
in AW.
I have known Daphne for over six years and although we didn't ALWAYS see eye
to eye, I respected her commitment to making AW what it is today amd counted
her as a friend. We worked on many things over the years together and I know
she will be missed terribly. She will live on here in AW . that I am sure !
DMC2U

[View Quote]

Cy Awards TONIGHT ! ! !

May 22, 2004, 8:46am
Just a reminder:
You are Cordially invited to attend the 2004 Cy Awards! Please click here
for your invitation:) .

AW will hold it's community awards this evening May 22...
http://www.awcommunity.org/cyawards/

The invisible crew backstage and elsewhere, stand prepared to deliver to
you...
your Cy Awards.

As much as the Recipients are awarded for their contributions, You as a
Community deserve recognition also for all you give to each other daily.

Be There or be Square!

Question for JP and ENZO

Jun 1, 2004, 11:38pm
Yeah !!! I'd like to display my two Cy's in my world too !

I tried the other day and was shocked they are not in the MegaPath :(....

[View Quote]

Message from Alphabit Phalpha

Jun 16, 2004, 1:06am
I have the rope and Duct tape ready :)> Muuuuuuhahahaha

[View Quote]

Birthday Builderz

Jul 14, 2004, 10:01am
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Great people of the
Birthday Builders for making my B- Day so special ...
July 10 DMC2U 2940.01N 2001.90W 0.29a 88
I did get a chance to take a look around and the builds are just wonderful.
You folks really make AW a great place to be.
Thank You
Doug / DMC2U

Home Again (for a bit)

Jul 16, 2004, 12:08am
Mmm... you got a shawl huh ???
Well , I never ! ! at ! !
QUIT IT !!!!!
But seriously Folks , Traveling with this bunch is a treat to remember
.....and ....
I got Pictures !!!!
Doug/DMC2U

[View Quote]

Build Idea

Jul 18, 2004, 8:05pm
DMC gets in line ...and that ain't no roll of quarters in my pocket :)>

[View Quote]

Again... what's up with NewAW ?

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C49B6B.8E8EDDB0

Hey ! !=20
I seen the Poo !!!=20
And the flies that come with it :)>
[View Quote] E
[View Quote] Why does AWI take sooooo long before opening NewAW ? Does anybody =
know what's happening with this world ? Just wondering...

Weizer
------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C49B6B.8E8EDDB0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey ! ! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I seen the Poo !!! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And the flies that come with it =
:)&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"e n z o" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:enzo at activeworlds.com">enzo at activeworlds.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:40fd79f4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:40fd79f4$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It will be ready soon&nbsp; :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>E</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"weizer" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:gsoucis at magma.ca">gsoucis at magma.ca</A>&gt;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C49B6B.8E8EDDB0--

Bingo ... For Tourists ONLY

Jul 22, 2004, 8:22pm
What : TOURIST ONLY BINGO Where: AWBingo5 When: Saturday July 31st Why:
Because WE LOVE TOURISTS See: http://host.activeworlds.com/tours/tbingo.htm

Video/Picture tour of AWI Offices

Jan 12, 2005, 3:46pm
I've been stopping in to see the " Boys" for many years now.
Even made a couple trips to the " original " offices before the move to 95
Parker Street.
see: http://dmc2u.com/server/jpg/parkerst.jpg
and http://dmc2u.com/server/jpg/awflag1.jpg
They make great coffee , and there's always something new on the horizon
that they give ya a sneak peek of ...
I do have pictures but they are personal and not available for release.
Perhaps at this years reunion there will be a day trip up to the offices for
photo ops with the executives .. $ 5.00 a pop Mmm....

[View Quote]

Video/Picture tour of AWI Offices

Jan 19, 2005, 5:35pm
Arial shot is from the Arwood Site,,, hehehe

[View Quote]

Video/Picture tour of AWI Offices

Jan 23, 2005, 9:47pm
That is 95 Parker Street ... The current home of AW Inc

Cheers
Doug / DMC2U
[View Quote]

Homopobic Gatekeeper?

Feb 13, 2005, 5:47pm
"the day I see a GK
complete their shift giving 100% correct information regarding the program
is the day I drop dead from shock."

Drop by on my shift .. Mon & Friday 2- 4 pm . I'll send flowers to your
funeral.

Doug / DMC2U

[View Quote]

Homopobic Gatekeeper?

Feb 13, 2005, 5:49pm
And such a cute Devil too !!!

D.
[View Quote]

Abandoning my cit and giving it away!

Feb 13, 2005, 7:18pm
Perhaps you'd care to donate the cit as a prize for Tourist Only Bingo .
Brought to you by the AW Guides

If so .. Let me know
Thanks
Doug / DMC2U

[View Quote]

Complains lol

Mar 12, 2005, 5:09pm
I'm only six ... and they let me in !!!

[View Quote]

The Cys Can No Longer Exist

Mar 12, 2005, 5:11pm
I am very saddened by this news..
Bev, I know you've always done a great job on the CY's and it was a pleasure
working with all of the people involved with the CY's
They will truely be missed .

Doug / DMC2U

[View Quote]

Active Worlds 10th Anniversary Reunion

Jun 9, 2005, 10:28pm
Active Worlds 10th Anniversary Reunion

August 11 - 14, 2005.

The 2005 AW Reunion will be held Thursday through Sunday at the Park Lodge
Hotel Group in Waltham, Massachusetts.

This is a very special reunion for two reasons. First, it is Active World's
10th Anniversary and second, Boston is home for Active Worlds, Inc.
Celebrate 10 years of Active Worlds and meet your AW friends in person!
Visit the office of Active World, Inc. and meet the AW staff! See historic
Boston! If you have ever wanted to go to an Active World's Reunion, this is
the one!

For additional reunion information go to: http://www.awreunion05.com/

Register now to attend the reunion:
http://www.awreunion05.com/register.html

If you have any questions email the Reunion Committee at:
cmmttee at awreunion05.com