Starby Solutions (Community)

Starby Solutions // Community

1  2  |

seiya

May 3, 2004, 6:33pm
Hello AW Community

I was thinking of maybe opening up a small AW business that has to do with
building, it is called Starby Solutions. And basically it is a building
solution service.

For example, lets say your working on a certain thing in your house and need
a certain design solution, or if you are building something and wish to have
someone aid you in developing it to be more advanced, you would gram starby
solutions.

Just a thought I have, any comments? thanks~!

brock

May 3, 2004, 6:35pm
OH MY GOD, IT IS A MAN? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

--
Brock,
IceFlare Network

[View Quote]

jaguar hahn

May 3, 2004, 6:42pm
Sounds pretty good to me. I like the idea, it would come in handy.

Jaguar Hahn - Sk8Freak

[View Quote]

count dracula

May 3, 2004, 7:26pm
"seiya" <starbuilds at yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:4096aca7 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hello AW Community
>
> I was thinking of maybe opening up a small AW business that has to do with
> building, it is called Starby Solutions. And basically it is a building
> solution service.
>
> For example, lets say your working on a certain thing in your house and
need
> a certain design solution, or if you are building something and wish to
have
> someone aid you in developing it to be more advanced, you would gram
starby
> solutions.
>
> Just a thought I have, any comments? thanks~!

Yes I guess it could be handy for some people, however, I would maybe more
need someone to do the chatting for me so I could concentrate on building.
Especially handy would be someone who would answer grams.

Drac

themask

May 3, 2004, 10:03pm
If it involves money, its evil :[

--

Signed,
TheMask

:: Owner of Delusional-Minds Hosting ::
Free world hosting.. Just a T-Gram will do it.

http://www.delusional-minds.com

ry

May 3, 2004, 11:09pm
Despite Brock's idiotic post (I hope the leaving of
iceflare in aw will be the leaving of Brock)

Its a very good idea!!
[View Quote]

legion

May 3, 2004, 11:16pm
Brock, I think Ry meant to say you sucked. ;)

--
Legion

"I think, therefore I am" - Rene Descartes,
17th-century French philosopher, Earth
[View Quote]

brock

May 4, 2004, 12:13am
Hmm...perhaps your right. :)

--
Brock,
IceFlare Network

[View Quote]

sw comit

May 4, 2004, 3:14am
*Just knew Brock was going to be the first to reply before checking, and
that that reply would be pretty lame* Yuuuupp =P

[View Quote]

seiya

May 4, 2004, 5:02am
Brock has a simple mind, there are no solutions from him.

However the idea basically involves me just working out any tricky or
dumbfounded situations, I noticed that most builders in AW dont work towards
architectural and building advancements, which is fine. But I think rather
than opening up a business (which originally would be free) I still will
open a free friend to friend service, so instead, if anybody has any
problems like that please gram me and I'll do my best to help. Becuase I
want to meet some new people.

Also I think its the best way I can help the community seeing as I kinda
just hide myself away in AW, but thanks for your input!

brock

May 4, 2004, 9:08am
:D

--
Brock,
IceFlare Network

[View Quote]

brock

May 4, 2004, 9:11am
Whhat!?!?! YOUR A MAN? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

--
Brock,
IceFlare Network

[View Quote]

ry

May 4, 2004, 9:47am
Simple people with Simple Minds say Extremely simple things? = Proven below.

[View Quote]

builderz

May 4, 2004, 4:38pm
I don't see anything wrong with the idea. I know when I first starting
out with building that having the ability to use a service such as yours
would have been nice. If you plan to offer it for free, go ahead -- no
one is stopping you. If you plan to charge for it later on, you can do
that as well.

Citizens/tourists will dictate whether or not they will be willing to
pay for your service. If no one pays, then you either need to market
your service better or stop providing it. Simple as that. So I say try
it and see what comes of it.

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

brock

May 4, 2004, 8:35pm
No I just don't feel like letting Seiya live this down :)

--
Brock,
IceFlare Network

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

May 4, 2004, 9:26pm
I kinda agree with Brock. Seiyas a prick to people off the Newsgroups then
acts all sweet and innocent to anyone who hasnt met "it" yet or hasn't known
it enough to see what it really acts like. And yes, I refer to it as an "it"
because it keeps changing genders, so sue me. Its repulsive to see people
forgiving it and being nice to it like its previous actions should be
forgotten just because it fakes being nice to everyone. Thats dumb as hell.

[View Quote]

.sharon none

May 4, 2004, 11:17pm
I'm just wishing it stays away from kids. It recently told a 14 year old
boy that it was girl. Maybe it needs to meet "new" people because the "old"
people know that it's psycho and want nothing to do with it.

bro

May 4, 2004, 11:34pm
If you meet new people why not be honest about who you really are rather
than posing as a girl to little boys. I hear you are doing that again.

[View Quote]

elyk

May 5, 2004, 2:19am
Umm...that's what AWSchool and AWUniv are for Seiya, to help with
advanced building, problems and other tools. Also, not as many ppl care
about "architectural advancements" and competitions as much as you do.
There are many AW Builders who have achieved great buildings in AW, so
that statement of yours is false. Don't try to push this "we should be
better architecture-wise" stuff on everyone because it starts to get
really bothersome. It's like those ppl who come door to door trying to
convert you. It's annoying. People are going to do what they want to do
and be who they want to be. ;P

[View Quote] --
Elyk
kfoerst at sbcglobal.net

builderz

May 5, 2004, 3:25am
I'm not familiar with Seiya's prior history so I can't comment on things
in that respect. I was just replying to the building idea itself.

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

[View Quote] > I'm just wishing it stays away from kids. It recently told a 14 year old
> boy that it was girl. Maybe it needs to meet "new" people because the "old"
> people know that it's psycho and want nothing to do with it.

seiya

May 5, 2004, 3:57am
Rumours are as rumours does... I just dont make a big deal about it thats
why people see me as an easy rumour target... But thats ok, because some
peoples true colors show during my posts, and they aren't pretty.

About the Starby Solutions idea, it wont ever cost money for it, I just want
to do it as a community service and a way to get friends, I wish some of you
re-read my posts as thats what I said before, if you dont need the help then
dont ask, but for those who do, the help is available. I was originally
turned down several times for an AWuniv teaching position, so why should
that stop me from a "door to door" service so to speak?

Now, officially I am announcing that if anybody needs help in that area,
then gram me and I can help, and we'll see how this idea turns out, I hope
it can be an encouragement and inspiration for others to start up things, as
it would bring alive the community, which is what you all want right?

PS-If you have a problem with me, gram me about it, dont let your ugliness
show in here.

elyk

May 5, 2004, 5:35am
"But thats ok, because some
peoples true colors show during my posts, and they aren't pretty."

I don't see any difference in anyone's attitudes here. "Showing your
true colors" is when you say one thing and then contradict it later by
showing your true feelings. They are just stating their opinions.

"I was originally
turned down several times for an AWuniv teaching position"

Stating that openly won't help your business.

[View Quote] > Rumours are as rumours does... I just dont make a big deal about it thats

--
Elyk
kfoerst at sbcglobal.net

seiya

May 5, 2004, 7:00am
Just trying to do a community sevice, not start a flame war, I'm bailing
this thread.

.sharon none

May 5, 2004, 1:02pm
That is how it gets it's pleasure builderz. In aiming to abuse the "new"
people that it so desires to meet. They dont' know it's past so they walk
right in the door. Seiya no one cares what your doors look like.

[View Quote]

legion

May 5, 2004, 5:30pm
Guys, guys. I am warning you all. If you don't stop these flaming wars, you
can bet I will complain to E N Z O about this flaming war. These flames must
end NOW. I'm tired of your whining and flames. You must keep it off
newsgroup. Do it in telegrams or emails or whatever but do not flames or
whine in this newsgroup. This must be kept clean. If you keep it up, I may
complain to E N Z O and ask him to shut down this newsgroup. I can promise
you that I will personally do that. I do not tolerate these flaming wars in
this newsgroup. Now, end this flaming war now and move it over to somewhere
else. If you don't, well, you know what I may do to take steps to end this
stupid, blatant thing. I'm sorry but I'm now fed up with all of your stupid
flaming and whining. I will complain to and ask him to shut this newsgroup
down if you don't move it somewhere. This is your warning.

--
Legion
A citizen determined to end this nonsense....

"I think, therefore I am" - Rene Descartes,
17th-century French philosopher, Earth
[View Quote]

brock

May 5, 2004, 5:53pm
Wow....E N Z O? YOUR COOL.

--
Brock,
IceFlare Network

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

May 5, 2004, 6:02pm
First off, if it bugs you that much, ignore the thread, nobody is forcing
you to read this. You're a citzen like everyone else here, and everyone else
has managed to ignore stuff they don't agree with.

Second, you obviously don't know Seiya too well, or else you'd know that
him/her/it whatever it claimes to be now, starting this, is just going to
hurt more people. I have yet to see anybody "flaming" in this thread, just
speaking their mind based on factual events. Sorry if some people can't
handle the truth, but thats no reason to pretend it doesn't exist.

Perhaps you need to research all of the psychological traps seiya puts
people in. It thrives on attention and forgiveness. The more "friends" it
gets the more it lies to people and the more conniving/competative it
becomes. So I'm sorry if you think people are "flaming" seiya, but if you
looked into it a bit more, you'd find that statement to be absolutely
ludicrous.

[View Quote]

count dracula

May 5, 2004, 6:49pm
"legion" <jonsavel at juno.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:409940bd at server1.Activeworlds.com...
This must be kept clean. If you keep it up, I may
> complain to E N Z O and ask him to shut down this newsgroup. I can promise
> you that I will personally do that. I do not tolerate these flaming wars
in
> this newsgroup.

I doubt even you is so importnat that by saying you do not like a thing, it
will be removed.
Just a friendly hint. The world do not circulate around you, but you are a
part of it :)

Drac

legion

May 5, 2004, 7:06pm
Doesn't matter. Keep these private matters off the newsgroup. It's private.
We don't want to heard it. I don't care if you think the newsgroup is the
place to do that. This is public newsgroup, not a place to take private
matters to. I don't give a shit about these problems you have with Seiya.
This is not a place to discuss your personal problem with someone else. I
don't care about your personal problem with others. Now, though, I might
soften and ask E N Z O personally to delete this thread. But next time you
flame in another thread again, I can and will ask E N Z O to shut down the
newsgroup. Anyway, I will ask you to end these flames. Plus, these flames
are in direct violation of the Conduct Guidelines and the Code of Conduct
for Newsgroup (I can't remember the correct or exact title but do know that
it strictly prohibits the flames). By the way, I'm sorry but I do read every
posts and I don't care if you advise me to ignore it, I WILL read every
posts. I just don't have to put up with these flaming shits.

--
Legion
flaming shits... 0_0

"I think, therefore I am" - Rene Descartes,
17th-century French philosopher, Earth
[View Quote]

count dracula

May 5, 2004, 7:51pm
"legion" <jonsavel at juno.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:4099576e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Doesn't matter. Keep these private matters off the newsgroup. It's
private.
> We don't want to heard it. I don't care if you think the newsgroup is the
> place to do that. This is public newsgroup, not a place to take private
> matters to. I don't give a shit about these problems you have with Seiya.
> This is not a place to discuss your personal problem with someone else. I
> don't care about your personal problem with others. Now, though, I might
> soften and ask E N Z O personally to delete this thread. But next time you
> flame in another thread again, I can and will ask E N Z O to shut down the
> newsgroup. Anyway, I will ask you to end these flames. Plus, these flames
> are in direct violation of the Conduct Guidelines and the Code of Conduct
> for Newsgroup (I can't remember the correct or exact title but do know
that
> it strictly prohibits the flames). By the way, I'm sorry but I do read
every
> posts and I don't care if you advise me to ignore it, I WILL read every
> posts. I just don't have to put up with these flaming shits.
>
> --
> Legion
> flaming shits... 0_0

I do belive shutting down the newsgroups wouuld be against what they promise
when you buy a world or uni. It says NG support.

Do not get me wrong, I do not like flames, but I think one also need to
learn to ignore things that one do not like. One can not always run to mom
when a kid says a bad word.

Drac