bro // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  |

Teleports jump to altitude

Jul 9, 2006, 6:38pm
Yes almost every time I land and then I am sent to the gate. It is real pain
after a while

[View Quote]

Making text on glass

Dec 27, 2002, 7:40pm
I would like to see a set of walks and panels made that are truly
transparent, that you could use text on. That way you could place in
front of artwork and have text on walls so many other uses. How could
this done maybe self masking text ? Any thoughts on that, Adobe can
do so can we right?

Re: 3.3 Sign bug

Jan 12, 2003, 5:41pm
The other day ORB and I were putting long tags on a xaw2.rwx sign. We were
doing this with no spaces to get the max of letters. Well anyway we both
started having AWshut down on us and would restart it. Every time our
cursor fell on that sign it crashed the AW program. Theonly way I was able
to reclaim the land was to delete the sign quickly . It took me 7 tries to
do that. We were using WIN VER 4 NT Pent 3 and WIN 98se AMD-K6 3D
processors, both have 256 RAM. NT OS has had no trouble with running AW
or anything else. The 98se OS never had problems with running any version
of AW until this. Has this been noted before? How many have crashed in AW
each day because of this? Is there limit of letters you are allowed put on
a sign and is there hole in the program?

[View Quote]

Create Bounding Box or Create Group

Dec 22, 2003, 4:11pm
Wish we did have this .
[View Quote]

Shared Build Rights in AW

Dec 22, 2003, 3:46pm
A feature that allows us to disable encroachment for any build where we are
wanting to share build space with other citizens as an example tourists
already do this... to be set up like the rights box in worlds but on cit
settings

Uncle E

Jan 1, 2004, 4:10pm
I totally agree. AW has came a long way from the early years. Time
to let the whole know how cool it is.
[View Quote]

Cell Properties

Jan 7, 2004, 1:45pm
And be able to set cell to different sizes? Yes great Idea ORB
[View Quote]

for my friends

Jan 10, 2004, 4:03am
Daffy if you can't say something nice why you talk at all? You not
only make your self look small but you do harm to the NG. We have
already lost 2 of them. ORB didn't do anything to you . You cut
down lots of peopel in AW for no reason. This post was for
friends. If you want start unfriend post make a new one. That is my
2 cents
[View Quote]

a new create

Jul 19, 2004, 1:17pm
Why not focus on content?
[View Quote]

coprate building lock

Jul 25, 2004, 6:50pm
I would see like to see a way for people to build together and both
have name on build and it be required all the cits approval to
delete the build. I think it would go a long way to promoting community
cities where people all felt an equal part in the build. Like in the
real world no owns City hall the people do in common.

To tell if your dead

Aug 24, 2004, 6:25am
I wish you could tell if a cit was active or expired? It would make my
contact list shorter. Soon to expire myself it might help a few of my
old friends too.

To tell if your dead

Aug 24, 2004, 8:35pm
All real good thoughts on this. Some people might get a cit back
that is true. You could always add them back on your list from time to
time to check. How many times have you been around an old build and
wondered if that cit was still around? I think it would be a very nice
feature to add. I don't know how hard it would be to do but it seems
the datat is there why not use it ?
[View Quote]

Terrain Verts

May 30, 2005, 1:33pm
Why would it be messy?
[View Quote]

Add citizen numbers to contact list

May 30, 2005, 1:31pm
That would be a very good add-on
[View Quote]

poker

Jan 28, 2006, 3:58am
I would love to see it
[View Quote]

Outrageous!!! - Conclad Thomas

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01C1C8EE.5B7BDBA0

I would like to know the facts in this case. Seems there would be =
a way to prove these things. A fair day of justice.
[View Quote] Immediately I sent a notice to AW, and Began Thinking about what =
could be cause for this. I took no part in Alternate Universes (Let =
Alone Know how to Get into them... New AW User here) Never was ejected =
by a Peacekeeper, Never had any major Ordeal with the PKs, And followed =
the Content Guidelines.=20

Today I decided to send a complaint to the PKs to find out if they =
were the source. Their reply was...=20

Hello Tomas:=20
Your email is being forwarded to Support at activeworlds.com. The cit# =
for Conclad Thomas is 345296. They may be able to answer your question =
since we can not... we do not have the ability to disable an account... =
MIKsam/PK57=20

Straight up, they did their job. So now it wasn't a content =
Guideline. Except for the fact they SPELLED MY NAME WRONG!!! hehe.=20

Little bit later, I get a reply from "Kellie Williams" =
<kellie at activeworlds.com>=20
She writes...=20

Dear Thomas,=20

Your citizenship was disabled for trying to get an Active Worlds =
user to=20
join the pirated universe XW.=20

We have refunded your money.=20
Warm Regards,=20
Kellie Williams/Mountain Myst=20
Community Services=20
Activeworlds Corp.=20
www.activeworlds.com=20

Several Things.=20
#1 - I dont Know what XW Is... Now Assuming its a Pirated Uni.=20
#2 - I don't advertise for them, let alone know what they are=20
#3 - I dont know how to hop to another Universe, I know OF them but =
nothing more.=20
#4 - I Asked them to show proof of this, Because now i fear my Pass =
has been hacked. They do not respond.=20
#5 - Im assuming Encouraging people to join XW would be against =
their rules... So Why Refund my Money?!?!?! Hmmm?=20
=20

But Why?=20
Possible Causes=20
#1 - AW has gone AWOL=20
#2 - They are picking random "Newly Registered Users" (people who =
registered just before their Changeover) to expel=20
#3 - They Got the Totally Wrong Person=20
#4 - Im Framed=20
#5 - Someone Did Have my password=20
#6 - They Refund Me and Expel me so I (assumingly) rejoin them on =
their New Money Plan.=20
=20

Now I am A victim without a defense, I was Done Wrong, and I have no =
way to get back... Voice my Incident Fellow Citizens!!!=20

Conclad Thomas=20
tommy at worman.net=20

(thanks to my friend Seth Kaz for letting me use his Login to post =
here.)=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01C1C8EE.5B7BDBA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would like to&nbsp; know&nbsp; =
the&nbsp; facts in=20
this&nbsp; case. Seems&nbsp; there would be&nbsp; a way&nbsp; to&nbsp; =
prove=20
these&nbsp;&nbsp; things.&nbsp; A fair day of justice.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"sinew" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:citizenaw at hotmail.com">citizenaw at hotmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3c572d3c at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3c572d3c at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Seems I can better communicate with =
AW by calling=20
them on the telephone.&nbsp; It's worth a try.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>seth kaz &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:tommy at worman.net">tommy at worman.net</A>&gt;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_009C_01C1C8EE.5B7BDBA0--

LOST WORLDS 3.3

Mar 11, 2002, 3:05pm
If you plan on closing down your world when your account comes due please
let me know. I want to take pictures of all the fine worlds before
they go. So that people who come here can know what they have
missed. Thanks for your help.

ORB's Haunted House

Oct 25, 2002, 12:21am
ORB's Haunted House Come see the finest haunted house in AW. Have fun and
enjoy it. Teleport to 1033.90N 355.32E 0.08a 4 AW. Wait outside until loaded
and set visibility to 60 m. Have fun in Postland.
BRO

Veteran's Day

Nov 12, 2002, 9:38pm
Well I hope you are not the only one who can see the obvious. We have our
names because we are partners. No it is not some dark plot we just happen
to love and respect each other. If we have a child we will call him ROB.
:) Thanks for noticing
[View Quote]

Have to some fun in Postland

Nov 16, 2002, 12:47am
Come have Thanksgiving in Postland with ORB & BRO
aw 955.94N 392.47E 1.55a 87
ORB has cooked up a juicy turkey and there is plenty for everyone.
Grab some pie too. All Welcome

Christmas Time Site

Nov 16, 2002, 1:50am
Enjoy a Christmas Wonderland in Postland
Skate and ski with your friends.
Get warm in the Lodge standing by the fire.
This is a fun site for kids of all ages.
If you have a Christmas site to share let us know and we'll add them to our
holiday teleport area.
aw 1051.02N 478.62E 0.16a 181
Happy Holidays To All

Has this happened to you ?

Jan 12, 2003, 5:43pm
The other day ORB and I were putting long tags on a xaw2.rwx sign. We were
doing this with no spaces to get the max of letters. Well anyway we both
started having AWshut down on us and would restart it. Every time our
cursor fell on that sign it crashed the AW program. Theonly way I was able
to reclaim the land was to delete the sign quickly . It took me 7 tries to
do that. We were using WIN VER 4 NT Pent 3 and WIN 98se AMD-K6 3D
processors, both have 256 RAM. NT OS has had no trouble with running AW
or anything else. The 98se OS never had problems with running any version
of AW until this. Has this been noted before? How many have crashed in AW
each day because of this? Is there limit of letters you are allowed put on
a sign and is there hole in the program?

Lose of free web sites for picture image use

Apr 16, 2003, 4:03pm
How come there was never a warning to the citizens that all their
work would be trashed by 3.4. The history of AW is filled with
pictures and art . Why didn't AW let the free web hosts decide if they
was going to block AW?

Lose of free web sites for picture image use

Apr 16, 2003, 4:29pm
Yes after talking toAW on the phone I understand that. It is too
bad that so much work is lost in AW though.
[View Quote]

After Talking to AW about lost web site images

Apr 16, 2003, 4:15pm
AW stated to me on the phone that regretted the loss of images due
to ver 3.4 but there was no design to do that it was just part of
the way 3.4 is written. I ask them post a list of sites that no
longer worked and explain in detail the reason they didn't. The cost
of staying in AW gets to be more and more.Perhaps AW will give each
cit 20 meg or so ? Wish list maybe?

After Talking to AW about lost web site images

Apr 16, 2003, 4:35pm
You think there is million? How come I keep running into same
people all the time? AW in it's hay day never had a million paying
citzens that I know of.
[View Quote]

After Talking to AW about lost web site images

Apr 16, 2003, 9:28pm
Thank you for clearing that up for us. IT helps people to understand
the reasons and reasoning for the change.

Now how about the cost of server space that AW can give to
citizens for their use? Would it make more sense to use AW for
image storage than some other server? After all using the redirect
will add more in each image action than before. Isn't that right that
cells will fill up quicker the longer the action command?

[View Quote]

Where are images loading from

Apr 17, 2003, 12:49am
As you all know by now geocities.com and other free web based companies no
longer load in AW. Well try this...look at the image in Internet Explorer
that you've put on a create picture in AW (from one of those free sites),
and then pop out of the world you are in and come back. It will be loaded
into the cache of AW and you can see it.

Why is this? Help us understand programmers

Where are images loading from

Apr 17, 2003, 2:40pm
Maybe you could write a small program to bring up all images in AW
to IE then you could see them in AW . How would that work?
[View Quote]

Where are images loading from

Apr 18, 2003, 2:41am
That is odd it doesn't work for you . Yes it sure will not helpothers
coming to your world to see it . (
[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  |