AW Meeting (Community)

AW Meeting // Community

1  2  |

the lady

Aug 9, 2003, 3:39am
August 16, 2003 9PM VRT You are invited to attend a Meeting- Setting up an
AW democracy-Be prepared to share your ideas.-198.50N 239.55E 0.00a 271
Alpha World. Pass it along.

In hopes we can set up a democracy and voting.

I am not looking to be elected for anything. I just would like to somehow
begin the progress of beginning a democracy that works for and benefits
everyone. The people have suffered enough.

Everyone is invited; however, please keep in mind if you are one of those
hindering freedom in any way for people in AW, better you have a change of
heart; otherwise, please don't impede progress.

I'd really like to know what you've been lacing your crack with. It
seems to make a serious catatonic trip.

No of SETI units returned: 69
Processing time: 57 days, 10 hours.
(Total hours: 1378)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

LOL!

~Maki
gahh.. I mean Mark...

"the lady" <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3f348924$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> August 16, 2003 9PM VRT You are invited to attend a Meeting- Setting
> up an AW democracy-Be prepared to share your ideas.-198.50N 239.55E
> 0.00a 271 Alpha World. Pass it along.
>
> In hopes we can set up a democracy and voting.
>
> I am not looking to be elected for anything. I just would like to
> somehow begin the progress of beginning a democracy that works for and
> benefits everyone. The people have suffered enough.
>
> Everyone is invited; however, please keep in mind if you are one of
> those hindering freedom in any way for people in AW, better you have a
> change of heart; otherwise, please don't impede progress.

Are you blind? Are you stupid? Are you insane? After this post, I must
assume the answer to these questions is positive.

You've been told countless times that you CAN'T set up a democracy to rule
AW, because AW is a *product* owned by a *company*, not a territory
submitted to a government.

Why can't you just admit defeat and give up this whole impossibility? The
best thing you'll achieve is get yourself banned from AW. And there's
nobody you can go to then, it'll be all your own fault (not that the AWI
actually needs a reason to ban you, the EULA clearly states they don't).

KAH

joeman

Aug 9, 2003, 10:38am
LSD perhaps? She just doesn't give up on her harebrained schemes. Maybe we
can all ban together in a "democracy" and get her committed to a mental ward
for a nice long time.

-Joe

[View Quote]

r i c h a r d

Aug 9, 2003, 12:34pm
I dont think she understands No, Give up, Defeat, Enough or anything that
means stop

john

Aug 9, 2003, 1:23pm
The Lady, may I point out to you, as many other members of the commuinty
have that your idea is IMPOSSIBLE. Unless you buy your own universe and
carry this out there, it is impossible. Active Worlds is NOT a COUNTRY it
CANNOT be a democracy for one simple reason: Notice the INC on the end of
Active Worlds. Incorperated. Company. Owned and run by a person. Owned
is the key word in this. If somebody owns it, you cannot just start a
democracy because they have the final control. Tomorrow you might wake up
and find that Active Worlds Inc Staff have taken the servers offline. I
hope you see what I am getting at. Active Worlds is privately owned. If it
were a country you would not have an End user License Agreement. People are
paid for upgrading and maintaining the software by Active Worlds inc (yes,
the company)... although it is a VR Community, it is not a Country and
therefore cannot be run by anyone else than the people who control the
servers.

~John

Your honour, I move to charge TheLady for planning, with the attempt to
carry out actions to harm the Company 'Active Worlds Incorporated' hereby
referred to as 'AWI' under the terms of international law 'What annoying
idiots are not allowed to do', section 1, line 1 as defined by 'TheLady is
not allowed to type, speak or breathe'.

- Judge Mark

john

Aug 9, 2003, 1:49pm
I think we should leave The Lady to her delusions about AW.

~John

[View Quote]

ryan

Aug 9, 2003, 1:59pm
I say there should be an AWInstitution world to put nut cases in :)

Ryan

[View Quote] > I think we should leave The Lady to her delusions about AW.

> ~John

[View Quote]

r i c h a r d

Aug 9, 2003, 2:24pm
How about i setup a new newsgroup server where we can let everyone on exept
the lady

Too long a world name, max is 8 I believe... AWMad perhaps?

- Mark

imagine

Aug 9, 2003, 2:33pm
I wish you all the luck in starting your democracy The Lady :)

They are right, you would have to buy into AWI to be able to get them to
make any real world changes if you did vote on anything. So as far as
getting AWI to go along with your plan I think you are a bit DOOMED.

However; on the bright side :) It could just turn out to be a pretty nifty
AW wide RPG for those world owners who wish to participate :) I don't see
many participateing tho. Well, maybe a few who like to try new things. I
won't of course, cause I am not into RPG. But if an AW wide RPG is what
blows up your skirt, then GO FOR IT :)

Good luck

Imagine

[View Quote]

crazy pills

Aug 9, 2003, 3:01pm
blows up your skirt, then GO FOR IT :) says it all
[View Quote]

ryan

Aug 9, 2003, 3:03pm
well AWUniversity is too long so they shortened it to AWUniv ..lol

Ryan

[View Quote]

starfleet

Aug 9, 2003, 4:10pm
LMFAO

How about AWsylum? :)

Seriously, though, as I'm sure you've all noticed, The Lady isn't going
to be swayed by a few NG trolls. I'm sure she probably doesn't even pay
any attention to the "non-believers" and does what she pleases. If you
want to get her attention, your best bet is to just ignore her
completely. Don't go to her "meetings" and don't reply to her threads.
Eventually, she'll get the hint that no one really cares about what she
has to say, and will shut up.

Now, if only we could apply that strategy to some of the *other*
miscreants in here... :P

[View Quote] --
Goober King
The inmate running the AWsylum
awnews at awnews.org

Hey! I like it, nice one Goober.... perhaps while were at it we should put
in everyone else who fits the bill... So next up, InSaNiTy?

- Mark
Disclaimer: No, InSaNiTy.. you cant sue me, harm me, threaten to break my
kneecaps, shoot me, attack me, or generally cause me any annoyance
whatsoever.

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Aug 10, 2003, 12:12am
or maybe she just blocked all of us a long time ago :D

sw comit

Aug 10, 2003, 5:41am
Reasoning is futile with The Lady. Many have tried...many deaths X_X

I think I'll show up though. I bet it'll make for some great chat logs ^_^

[View Quote]

john

Aug 10, 2003, 8:51am
We are the borg. Lower your shields Resistance is futile.

~Jorg

:P

[View Quote]

starfleet

Aug 10, 2003, 9:28am
*remodulates deflector shields*

"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3f3585fa$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hey! I like it, nice one Goober.... perhaps while were at it we should
> put in everyone else who fits the bill... So next up, InSaNiTy?
>
> - Mark
> Disclaimer: No, InSaNiTy.. you cant sue me, harm me, threaten to break
> my kneecaps, shoot me, attack me, or generally cause me any annoyance
> whatsoever.

You forgot telling him that he can't harm himself or pretend harming
himself (remember that time he used another name to say he'd undergone
"accute coronary surgery"?).

"imagine" <imagines at joimail.com> wrote in
news:3f352253 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I wish you all the luck in starting your democracy The Lady :)
>
> They are right, you would have to buy into AWI to be able to get them
> to make any real world changes if you did vote on anything. So as far
> as getting AWI to go along with your plan I think you are a bit
> DOOMED.

Actually, she can't buy into AWI. They're a privately held company now.
Thank God.

KAH

john

Aug 10, 2003, 11:03am
You are the starfleet, we will lower our shields, resistance from you is
futile.

~John

[View Quote]

binarybud

Aug 11, 2003, 11:29am
I suggest that The Lady cannot read these newsgroups....only can post....this is the only explanation I can come up with .

Leo :)

..

She couldent anyway... Rick and JP held 60% of the AWC stocks, Gardener 10%
and that moronic media company who im glad to say Rick and JP took the piss
of beyond all comprehension when they took over AWI had the other 10%...
Perhaps the BoD had the rememinants? Not sure... I was just reading though
the AWNews.org data on it just a few hours ago and I re-read part of the SEC
Report.

the lady

Aug 11, 2003, 6:28pm
Everyone has my attention......always. : )

"the lady" <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3f37fc8b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Everyone has my attention......always. : )

Although you obviously ignore everything they say.

KAH

just in

Aug 13, 2003, 3:56am
Lady

The thinkness of your skin is truely admirable! You give a whole new scope
to the phrase "turn the other cheek"

~ Justin