A Message (Community)

A Message // Community

1  |

the lady

Jun 4, 2003, 6:33am
As I'm sure all of you have noticed, gradually, things in the community are
disappearing or ceasing. I've noticed it and tried to do what I can in the
most positive way I know how to show I want the community to continue to
exist. Others are doing their part too, it isn't just me.

Now to the message. It is understood that some of you do not wish to hear
that evil has invaded what was once a very wonderful, vibrant community.
Unfortunately, it is a fact that must be faced for us to begin to solve the
problem. We must refuse the principles of the ungodly, and not associate
with evil people, nor fellowship with anyone who mocks the things of God.
If we do this, we will be as it says in Psalm 1:3. "He is like a tree
planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf
does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." We must make the right
choices. End of message.

Continuing on, I have experienced all of these things here, and am saying in
this public forum that if you have shown any of these things to me, I will
not stand in your path. I'm not going to leave, but I won't associate with
you. And I am going to refuse to do it your way. It doesn't mean I'll have
all the right answers and do things perfectly here, because sometimes it is
very hard to determine what is right and wrong every single time. But I'm
going to try my very best. Each one of you must do the same. In hopes that
our community will once again be flowing with tourists needing to learn how
to build, overflowing GZ's full of great conversation, and wonderful
builds - all to leave a flourishing community to the future citizens of AW.

screb

Jun 4, 2003, 9:58am
Prolly ur in the wrong place here... Since most of us live in the kapitalist
part of the world, we live for our own profit. We work mostly for companies
that want to make profit, with managers that want to make loads of money for
themselves. This itself is allready the first step away from (ur) religious
believes wich tells u to share instead of keeping ownings for urself. Making
(more) money needs growth and to grow everything else has to move.
Kapitalist countries tend not to be religious countries, or fake ones like
the US where a television priests r allowed to make millions of dollars wich
they do not share and even get away with it...

In the name of God kapitalist countries r allowed to go to war to destroy
the real believers in the same God. Just the way they believe we don't seem
to like cause they tend to stop or work against our growth of money.
AW is just one of those many companies that is going for this money and in
that way is supporting our kapitalist system (for me personaly: they have my
blessings to do that).

The best way to support ur God is to leave AW, count ur money and possesings
and share it with ppl who really need it, instead of putting it in a company
like AW that just makes more money out of urs (I don't think they send it to
Africa). In ur believes u should concidder if u want to support a company
like AW, Coca Cola, Shell, and u name it... cause in fact (again in ur
believes) they support the evil ur talking about with ur own money...

Well for me, I just believe God left us a long time ago and things (AW) r
not as bad as u believe...

screb.

[View Quote]

defiance

Jun 4, 2003, 10:17am
With people like SaintAnger and Aeo in this community you will NEVER see it flourishing.
It is doomed to fail.

Living in a capitalistic country does not force you to live
only for monetary profit. If you do so, you are missing most
of your life. Try to live for your outcome, for what you
think you need, don't listen to others who try to tell you
what you need.

[View Quote]

baro

Jun 4, 2003, 4:39pm
AW com sure is a greedy evil company. As we all know Rick and JP and the
rest of the staff there make a HUGE killing on AW. They're all driving
their big cars and living in their huge waterfront mansions because AW is
such a huge money maker. I mean it's obvious Rick doens't love AW or
anything, he's only here for the huge amounts of FAT CASH aw generates. I'm
sure only 1% of the money goes into paying the wages of the staff members,
the rent on the office, the servers, and the constant development AW is
doing as fast as they can just to keep remotely up to date with technology
and features. Six dollars a month, what, is their office made out of solid
gold? Twenty entire cents a day, these guys obviously arn't just charging
as much as needed to keep AW afloat and its minimal development, they out to
milk this cash cow for every drop its got.

Also it's a golden cow.. or something... ungodly.. huh?

jerme

Jun 4, 2003, 4:50pm
.................not again................ *sigh*

You really dont have a clue about AWIs finances o.0 Hell I don't and I used
em for a case study a year ago.

[View Quote] It was sarcasm. For being British, you're sure not good with it.

I'm tired, hungry and sleepy. Sue me.

- Mark
Disclaimer: In fact this document is not an invitation to sue Mark and by
reading this post you waver all rights to legally challenging me.

[View Quote]

weizer

Jun 4, 2003, 9:38pm
This is one of the most pathetic thread I've seen on the Internet. Only one
comment : *LOL*
--------------------------
Weizer
#332602 AW
#4808 OW

"the lady" <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3eddaedc$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> As I'm sure all of you have noticed, gradually, things in the community
are
> disappearing or ceasing. I've noticed it and tried to do what I can in
the
> most positive way I know how to show I want the community to continue to
> exist. Others are doing their part too, it isn't just me.
>
> Now to the message. It is understood that some of you do not wish to hear
> that evil has invaded what was once a very wonderful, vibrant community.
> Unfortunately, it is a fact that must be faced for us to begin to solve
the
> problem. We must refuse the principles of the ungodly, and not associate
> with evil people, nor fellowship with anyone who mocks the things of God.
> If we do this, we will be as it says in Psalm 1:3. "He is like a tree
> planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose
leaf
> does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." We must make the right
> choices. End of message.
>
> Continuing on, I have experienced all of these things here, and am saying
in
> this public forum that if you have shown any of these things to me, I will
> not stand in your path. I'm not going to leave, but I won't associate
with
> you. And I am going to refuse to do it your way. It doesn't mean I'll
have
> all the right answers and do things perfectly here, because sometimes it
is
> very hard to determine what is right and wrong every single time. But I'm
> going to try my very best. Each one of you must do the same. In hopes
that
> our community will once again be flowing with tourists needing to learn
how
> to build, overflowing GZ's full of great conversation, and wonderful
> builds - all to leave a flourishing community to the future citizens of
AW.

.duo.

Jun 4, 2003, 11:50pm
Its horribly managed... I mean they don't ban people who ruin entire events
multiple times and vandalize, but they banned me for swearing a few times.
Its ridiculous. They have horrible service and don't even respond to any
e-mails asking for a reasonable debate or any kind of appeal. They don't
give half the bingo prizes and more, its just ludicrous.

And lady, I respect free speech a lot, so I'm not going to complain to
anyone, but it really is offensive to say that people are evil because they
aren't believers in a certain diety. It is people like you who treat people
badly because of what they are which bring the community down, not people
who have a different religion or no relgion and aren't even doing anything
to harm anyone else. Please don't be prejudice, it really is an awful thing.

[View Quote]

imagine

Jun 5, 2003, 12:57am
are
disappearing or ceasing. I've noticed it and tried to do what I can in the
most positive way I know how to show I want the community to continue to
exist. Others are doing their part too, it isn't just me.<<<

Well, the lady, I think we have all pretty much noticed that things are
changeing in a big way in aw. Some changes are good and some changes are not
so good. Such as life, real or cyber.

hear
that evil has invaded what was once a very wonderful, vibrant community.<<<

You always post your complaints in here, and never really come right out and
say what you mean. Why so vague? What exactly is the evil you speak of?
Name it.

the
problem.<<<<

What exactly are you seeing as the problem? Again, name it.

with evil people,<<<

What are you considering to be ungodly in aw? Name it. And, Who exactly are
you pointing a finger at as evil people? Name them.

If we do this, we will be as it says in Psalm 1:3. "He is like a tree
planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf
does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." We must make the right
choices. End of message.<<<<

I don't know about the rest of the community. I can only speak for myself.
So, here it is. I didn't log on to aw to get my bible out, and sit in a
church.rwx and have a Sunday bible study. As a reader of this news group, I
am offended that you are trying to shove your religion down my throat.

I have respect for most all religions. I believe that people have the right
to worship in what ever way they wish. I don't have respect for some one
from any religion pointing fingers at others that they deem evil, just
because they don't practice your beliefs.

in
this public forum that if you have shown any of these things to me, I will
not stand in your path. I'm not going to leave, but I won't associate with
you. And I am going to refuse to do it your way<<<<

I expect that right about now you are thinking I am one of those ungodly
evil people. Well if that is so, then you would do very well not associating
with me. ?

.. >>>It doesn't mean I'll have
all the right answers and do things perfectly here, because sometimes it is
very hard to determine what is right and wrong every single time. But I'm
going to try my very best. Each one of you must do the same. In hopes that
our community will once again be flowing with tourists needing to learn how
to build, overflowing GZ's full of great conversation, and wonderful
builds - all to leave a flourishing community to the future citizens of
AW.<<<

I hope that all your efforts to better the community will work out well for
you. But, I do know that one thing you are doing wrong is pointing fingers
and alienating people in the community. You haven't named the people who you
consider ungodly and evil, but I have a pretty good idea which ones they
are. And, if I'm right, those people make up more then half of the community
that you want to save.

And I'll tell you something else. No, one person or group of people in the
aw community is responsible for the problems that are happening in aw right
now. So stop pointing fingers and please stop preaching.

Imagine

baro

Jun 5, 2003, 1:34am

> And I'll tell you something else. No, one person or group of people in the
> aw community is responsible for the problems that are happening in aw
right
> now. So stop pointing fingers and please stop preaching.
>
> Imagine

Ok, I'll admit it, it's all me. Ever since the begining of AW it's been
me, every single problem we've ever had.

kellee

Jun 5, 2003, 1:45am
Despite the fact that i havent been in AW lately because of illness.....

Imagine...... you are wise besides your years in AW, and i agree more than
whole heartedly with you.........Lady..... stuff ya bible back where it
belongs...in YOUR bedside table.... not our newsgroups

imagine

Jun 5, 2003, 1:46am
I've alway known it. I was just wondering when you were going to confess :)

[View Quote] You weren't the only one. I convinced him to do it.

imagine

Jun 5, 2003, 3:20am
Thank you kellee :)
Hope you are feeling better these days.
Imagine

I seem to remember somewhere that if you can make a valid defence, you are
entitled to a so called virtual court case. Of course if its worse than that
and their is a legal infringment you always have court.

screb

Jun 5, 2003, 9:58am
Ur right there ananas. I think I do live my life in an other way than just
making money. I am not rich, not poor even, but have nothing to complain. I
dunno if AW makes a lot of money or not, maybe they hafta work incredible
hard just to make a living...

I just tried in my way to explain to The Lady (and even did it in a polite
way, while in fact I was furious bout her remarks) that when she thinks AW
is evil, or has evil "componants", she in fact is supporting that herself or
letting it exist. If she feels the need to attack "the evil" let her attack
the system that supports it, not the ppl that happen to be in that system.
If she is just referring to ppl just like u and me that might use a wrong
word, or having a wrong oppinion in her believes, she seems to judge us in
the name of her God, while she does not even know who or what we r... We
might finaly lead "better" lifes than she does... I seem to recall that her
own bible tells her not to judge on ppl anyway.
If she is referring to ppl with certain life-styles in AW that she looks
upon as evil, let her go to these ppl and talk to them. Let her be our AW
Missionair. She might "save a soul" out there, but for sure let her not
start a crusade here to let others do her job. But again; do never judge
them!

The hypoctritism in her story I think can be very dangerous. It has done a
lot of dammage in history. What I realy would like to know is what she is
really doing in RL to serve her God next to going to church alone a few
times a week. I hope she is fighting poverty in 3rd world countries, helping
refugees, helping ill ppl, taking homeless pll into her own house and
feeding them, or whatever... Maybe then we should start listning to her

screb