Shame on the Cy Core/Committee... (Community)

Shame on the Cy Core/Committee... // Community

1  2  |

daphne

Oct 27, 2002, 2:58am
I understand some R rated worlds won Cy Awards... I guess now AW is
expected to show them off to everyone as the best??? I'll go to AWTeen and
see how many there want to see what the "Community" says is the best to be
had in some categories...

Now that these Adult worlds are "showcased" by being given a Cy Award, I
will begin adding a warning to anyone I speak to about ActiveWorlds
suggesting that they bar their children from accessing AW if they do
download it; and I do speak to quite a few ppl about trying out
ActiveWorlds...

I am VERY VERY ashamed of the Cy Core/Committee for the way they have
mishandled, bent and mutilated the rules and policies during this round of
the awards... I am even more disgusted than I was before they tried to
blame their many shortcomings on other ppl and other groups --- not to
mention personal insults directed at me by the Cy Core... I've heard
from others that they too were personally insulted by the Cy Core when they
dared to disagree with the Cy Core...

This is just too, too much... If they can't get their act together for the
next round I would suggest to the legitimate AW Community that they boycott
the event.. If things don't change and good rules are not written and
adhered to, it will just be another farce like this one was... They have
jerked the Community around real badly this round... Let's try to insure it
doesn't happen next round, if there is a next round...

Yours in disgust,
Daphne

alphabit phalpha

Oct 28, 2002, 1:13am
Just thought I would change the subject post on this:)

linn

Oct 28, 2002, 8:28am
i wondered who would try to change this subject LOL lets here you brag
about this mess bit

[View Quote]

lady gabrielle

Oct 28, 2002, 3:03pm
EXACTLY... Well Said :)

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Oct 28, 2002, 5:10pm
Changing post title again....lol

bitmaster

Oct 28, 2002, 8:40pm
Dear linn,
IMO: I don't believe you linn.
I think you took this opportunity to say something sarcastic to AlphaBit
Phalpha.
Have a good day.

Bits

[View Quote]

syntax

Oct 28, 2002, 9:12pm
lmao..

[View Quote]

lady gabrielle

Oct 28, 2002, 9:44pm
*laughs at Alpha* Your a hoot sweetie :)
[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Oct 28, 2002, 10:27pm
Awww..thanks:)
careful with that "sweetie:)" in here...it acts as catalyst with SOME
folks....hehehehe!

lady gabrielle

Oct 28, 2002, 10:45pm
Hmmm... wouldnt want to UPSET anyone now would we.. LOLOL *Looks around for
folks with name starting with D* And you ARE a sweetie from what I can
tell so far... is there something I dont know *winks*

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Oct 28, 2002, 11:33pm
Nahhh I'm just Bit...not anything more....pssst..."D" isn't offended by
"sweetie"...it's another person upset about something...God knows what....I
have yet to get it in her own words yet:)

amber waves

Oct 29, 2002, 1:33am
Seems kind of passive-aggressive to me.

[View Quote]

lady gabrielle

Oct 29, 2002, 6:57am
Ai...*nods* Hopes have not caused you any trouble ***huggs***
[View Quote]

carolann

No it didn't cause my eyes to get tired nor did it give me a headache, it
just made me sad that with some it always comes down to something being bad
or wrong because it is "american" with some people. I know you wrote that a
few days ago but couldn't help myself. I wondered why "american" even had to
enter in to this. Some think of me as being "nationalistic" when in reality,
since I discovered AW, I often find myself defending my country as I never
before would have imagined I'd have to. I was just an average American with
an average amount of patriotism and I took an awful lot for granted.

Actually in general in AW I've found the people of all countries that I've
met are amazing evenly divided on politeness, intelligence and friendliness,
but also on rudeness, dull-wittedness and intolerance. I was surprised to
find that most AW citizens from other countries are generally amazingly
proficient in the English language, a language not native to them. I've
learned a lot that surprised me and began to think that maybe forums and
programs like these could be what helps bring us together, not divide us
even more.

Those warnings you speak of give us a laugh as often as they do you but the
ones we get the biggest kick out of come from a country that shall remain
nameless for this post. But do you know that they are there to protect the
consumer, the merchant and the manufacturer from abuses that were tolerated
not too awfully long ago? Sure, some might be overdone but I cannot think of
one example where one has done any harm to anyone. This is a good example of
nitpicking.

As far as children and warnings, I agree with the (American) stateswoman who
said "It takes a village to raise a child" and think the child loved and
nurtured by his entire village, of course firstly and mainly by his home
family, will be the one we will have the least trouble with but that sets
good examples for the next generations.

Just my .02 cents, euros, francs, pounds.all that stuff.

alphabit phalpha

Oct 29, 2002, 5:41pm
After posting I changed my mind...not nuff said:)
I spent over 5 years organizing the Cys and a Team...a great team.
In those years, no one but myself dealt with the PR of the Cys.
And there WAS PR.
It ranged from personal disputes between 2 parties, to upset parties because
their nominations had their names misspelled to them changing their names at
the last minute and demanding it be changed on the nominations.
This PR took time away from other things like hand counting email votes and
emailing folks back for more information, organizing a selection team and
making ure they had the right info, etc etc.
Some of you are in bewliderment as to how the Cys were organized this round?
Guess what.....we all took part...Me...the Team...the Community.
If any slandering is to be done, look in the mirror,cause we are all at
fault for why things happened as they did.
In the future, I suggest that all suggestions be emailed to
cyawards at awcommunity.org and if you aren't happy with the outcome, then
don't participate. Plain and simple.
Instead of making things worse for others (which is a definate sign of self
centeredness), try to have some compassion for those that either made a
mistake....didn't understand...etc.
And finally....if you don't like the Cys...then go make your own awards
thingy if you REALLY feel you have to be involved in some way or another, be
it executing an awards or slandering them.
Now I think...nuff said:)...maybe:)

Please capitalise Pounds Sterling, it deserves your respect >:)

ncc 71854

Oct 29, 2002, 6:16pm
You should adapt the Euro already. You will have to sooner or later anyways
if you don't want to be isolated from the "Continent".

But you see the UK could BUY the continent our currency is so strong...

carolann

Oct 29, 2002, 7:10pm
You are right of course and I stand happily corrected :-) I am certainly
among those who have a lot to learn about the world I live in and am eager
to do that. The village that raises the most tolerant and loving child will
be a global village, not just those few immediately around him. I would love
to see the day that we are proud of the world we live in, not just the
country we happen to be born in.
[View Quote]

stecloud

Oct 29, 2002, 7:34pm
I wouldnt mind being isolated from the continent anyway - we fight wars for
them, maybe we should take a back seat - i cant think of many wars in recnet
history were the UK has been invaded first, or were the UK started the war -
correct me if im wrong.

All Hail the Royal Navy. :D

Chris

[View Quote]

count dracula

Oct 29, 2002, 11:09pm
The american in this way is not meant in a negative way towards the people
of USA. We just here usually laugh at warnings like " objects might be
closer than appear" or " warning, this coffee is hot and might burn you". I
also guess you are aware of the fact that all kind of warnings more or less
come from USA. Unfortunatly this warning hysteria has spread to Europe now
also and espeacilly since EU came in the picture, all kind of warnings has
started to appear everywhere. I am aware of that they are there to protect
custoners , manufactureres etc, but to me they give an impression that
goverment thinks people are so bloody stupid that they cannot think for
themselves. Like there need to be huge ugly warning texts on cigarette boxes
these days, one can hardly see what brand they are, there cannot say light
on a cigarette anymore etc. On a lot of things there are warnings like "do
not eat",,sure I was going to eat the plastic my new cam corder was packed
into, duh.

I guess what I am trying to say is; by putting stupid warnings up
everywhere, it takes out the effect of warnings, people simply get fed up at
all kind of warnings and ignore reading them; the danger in this is that
some important warning might get neglected. When one open up a manual for a
car these days, there is about 48 pages out of 50 what you are not allowed
to do, when in old days there was 48 pages out of 50 how you could fix it.
There are warnings, do not stick your finger here and there, do not open
this and that, do not pour oil in your neighbours trashcan, polishing your
car with your cat can casue scratches....I do not know, has people become so
much more stupid these days or is people pretending to be stupid in hope to
be able to sue some company.

But once again, this was not against the "american" people in general, it
was more wondering and critizicing the rules and regulations of USA. Feel
free to refer to my country as the taxmans paradise, where ppl are taxed to
death. We have many other weird things here also, just a small country has
not such great influence globally, but USA is a big country with a lot of
power, so whatever weirdness get a footplace there tend to spread out
worldwide. Now some people are planning an USE (United States of Europe). I
really hope it will never come through, I feel EU is discusting enough. It
is a powerfull enoungh "authority" that is destroying the differences within
regions in Europe. We are all supposed to be alike, same rules same
warnings; yet we are so different. What is good for a fisherman in greece,
might not be good for a raindeer breeder in Lapland. There are a lot things
I could say about EU, but I can leave it up to you:) Often easier to see
weirdness from a bit of distance.

Drac

carolann <carolannh at charter.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:3dbef0fc at server1.Activeworlds.com...

Hell yes!

[View Quote]

technozeus

Nov 2, 2002, 8:38am
I'm already there. Looks like you are too, if not on the way.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

technozeus

Nov 2, 2002, 8:39am
I worded that wrong. I meant "or at least on the way"

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

technozeus

Nov 2, 2002, 8:42am
Reminds me of when my older sister, who was living in Illinois at the time, stopped on a Michigan highway to take a photograph of a sign that said "Do not pass when opposing traffic is present" so she could show it to people back home and let them get a good laugh out of it. :)

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Nov 2, 2002, 8:42am
<flame>

My God People! This is a Message Board Not a Chat Room! What The Hell is
With This Bleeding Off-Topic Thread! Freakin A! Take A Step Outside Once In
A While!
</flame>

-Your Favorite Troll

[View Quote]

binarybud

Nov 2, 2002, 1:29pm
LOL but you must tell the rest of the story.....:) like why the sign
is there? :)
When you have the whole picture it won't make us "Michiganders" look so
silly...:) heheheh

Leo :)

"j b e l l" <jbell at kmfdm.com> wrote in
news:3dc3ba3c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> <flame>
>
> My God People! This is a Message Board Not a Chat Room! What The Hell
> is With This Bleeding Off-Topic Thread! Freakin A! Take A Step Outside
> Once In A While!
> </flame>
>
> -Your Favorite Troll

Dude, don't start Capitalising Every Word In Your Posts! And my fav troll
is Eep ;-))

KAH

technozeus

Nov 3, 2002, 4:32pm
Oh, it's there for a good reason. The other side of the highway in those areas is posted "Keep right except to pass" and has the right of way in a shared passing lane that can be used by traffic going in either direction, so if you're on the side where the sign says "Don not pass when opposing traffic is present" it means you shouldn't pass if you see any cars comming at all even if they are not using that lane, because they have the right of way to use it if they choose to pass someone. Of course, someone living in Chicago wouldn't have much of an opportunity to see a stretch of road that long with "no cars comming" so the concept of havint to post such a sign was understandably something she found quite amusing.

TechnoZeus