insanity // User Search

1  2  |

Everyone BEWARE

Aug 15, 2001, 10:52pm
jfk2 builder is King Brian K? And btw, since when is an antiquated p2 366
a powerhouse? Only 128k ram, no wonder you lock up. Given the low amount of
ram combined with buggy freeware it should be most expected. Now a 366 is
enough for AW yes, but hardly a server. Start looking up what servers are.
I don't recall a PC (personal computer) ever falling into a server class
machine. Maybe I misunderstood you and you were explaining why you lock up
is because you don't have a sever and run an old machine as one.

[View Quote] > I'm running WIN98se...
> Yes... I do admit that sometimes i do lock up...
> And i have to REBOOT...
> But let me tell you what i'm doing....
>
> 1 - Run 2 worlds now [ALL FOR FREE]
> 2 - 4 open windows to my drives. [2 of them are general windows, 1 is
> the games window & that points to the other universes that i'm a member
> of & one is the utility window menu]
> 3 - My Notetab Light [FREEWARE -
> Thank You Kellee for suggesting this to me]
> 4 - My E-Mail PREVIEW
> program [any Stupid JUNK mail i can delete off the host server WITHOUT
> ever downloading it first. It's great for a FIRST FILTER as i don't
> ever download the junk & only download what I want] [FREEWARE]
> 5 - 2 Preston v33 bots for midi playing at some locations i have
> [FREEWARE]
> 5a - Sometimes either my xylgot bot for World Backups in
> worlds i do not own or host [IE, Beta World, Someone elses world...etc]
> OR my chatbot and that is used for CIT # lookups, And object seeds in a
> baren land OR my BUILD BOT... [After i BOT COPY someones build OR
> someones world and i want to re-create it in another world] [FREEWARE]
> 6 - Xnews = That is what i use to make this reply with. [FREEWARE]
> 7 - Sometimes my FOX E-Mail program [FREEWARE]
> 8 - AW [Can't forget about that can I...
> 9 - From 1 - 4 open IE websites
> 10 - Sometimes i try to run my WinAmp and either listen to
> WWW.AWRADIO.COM = Danny 2K show OR Playing many of the new MP3's that
> either I or my friend nextdoor got for me & are now on CD's [FREEWARE]
> 10a - OR I'm BROADCASTING on WWW.LIVE365.COM [JFKMusic Radio]
> [FREEWARE]
> 11 - And whatever else i can think of...
>
> NOW you must realize that i have a very powerful system here...
> P2 366 mhz on 128 megs of RAM with 5 HD's running WIN98se...
>
> Now you can see why i LOCK-UP sometimes... and even i have to REBOOT.
> But when i reboot... SCANDISK.EXE has 5 Hard Drives it chacks before i
> can even get back on the internet. BUT yes... I can run for the most
> part 24/7 the worlds that i do run... And i run them extreamly well.
> So far i haven't had any complaints.
>
> YES... WIN98se is a stupid OS... But then WIN2000 dosen't allow me to
> run my MS-Dos games too well... Not to mention my QBASIC games & i
> have about 1 GIG of those. And it dosen't allow me to have my old BBS
> On-Line Doors running for friends to play either... So I'm still
> waiting for a better OS to come out that will be CONSUMER and Not
> BUSINESS friendly.
>
> "lanezeri" <Lanezeri at yahoo.com> wrote in
> news:3b77fe83$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

Suspensions

Aug 13, 2001, 6:51pm
Facter, I would like to know why you have not suspended eep? If you read his
posts you will see for years he has done nothing but drive people away from
these newsgroups. Read the post from Count Dracula stating he will never post
again and you will see an example. Eep has tormented people in all the ng's.
Hope to see you take action with him on his next CR eep y post.

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Ergant Notice!

Aug 21, 2001, 8:49am
Http://worldhosting.heartfall.com hosts worlds in Dreamland Park.

[View Quote] > ERGANT NOTICE!
> i need a hoster for my world in dreamlandpark I NEED A HOSTER all replys are
> wanted!

What ever happened Factor?

Aug 21, 2001, 9:07pm
Whatever happened to that new website and all those new objects for
public use? I thought it had a deadline of 8-1-01. Did I miss a new URL
perhaps? Also, I have never heard back after applying for the new web
ring. Is that dead too? Hope it's all going to be going good soon.

WTG Flagg

Aug 22, 2001, 9:56pm
Glad to see you jump on the issue of the defaming world name hurting
Xelag. Nice to see AWCOM growing to answer the concerns of it's users.
Keep up the good work *S*

What is YOUR default start world?

Aug 26, 2001, 12:14am
I thought I heard that Vectorscape went bankrupt and is no longer operating
the universe or the world hosting that people paid for. Your post here
states you run a TV for the vectorscape universe. Is it true or false?

[View Quote] > Yes there is... 3 of the ABN tv's operate off of 3 different ABN urls i
> managed to get my hands onand thus are showing different things to
> different places. 2 of more ABN tv's are for 2 different universes.
> Vectorscape & Dreamland Park Universe and thus broadcast something
> different for those universes. 3 TV's are what Chucks Party uses in his
> 360 3d Dome [3 different tv streams each loaded with about 10 different
> pictures each] AND a few from Adama's tv ads services as well and that
> shows a few ads athat are not found on all the other tv's
>
> AND i have 1 Doppler radar tv from New York State [Syracuse Channel 9
> WIXT] to see if the storms are bad enough to shut me. I go off and so
> do 2 worlds. 1 TV Weather doppler for the Melbourne Australia area
> because i have a few friends in Dreamland Park Universe that live there
> and i like to see what they have for their weather [Yes... I know...
> There is at least someone in AW that lives there too...] but it was
> DWEEP that let me have the weather link for that area, 1 TV Weather for
> PERTH Australia area as RYAN [n a y R] is from there and i like to see
> what his doppler weather is as well.
>
> So not all of the tv's are showing ads for AW or other Universes...
> Some of them show 3d graphics [Chucks Party Broadcasting]
> Some show tv Weather Doppler Radar for satates and countries.
>
> "internal affairs" <silverspynet at yahoo.com> wrote in
> news:3b87f3d6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

COMMUNITY WARNING

Sep 11, 2001, 12:22am
Zone Alarm does not always detect the actions of backdoors. It is best to use up
to date virus software from major companies like Norton and Mcafee.

http://worldhosting.heartfall.com
http://pathservices.heartfall.com

[View Quote] > Ok, so it's outdated, but what about AW Ear? Wouldn't my firewall (Zone
> Alarm) have asked if it wanted to act as a server when I ran it IF there was
> a trojan in it?
> --
> Chris
> Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?
> http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

[View Quote]

Free Lady Liberty Model

Sep 24, 2001, 7:43am
Hello all,

I have posted a FREE Lady Liberty 3D model for All who would like have
her in their worlds. Please feel free to use this in as many worlds or
universes as you wish. All textures are included. Build wisely as we
tried to keep the filesize and polys low but still ended up with a
somewhat larger file.
http://www.heartfall.com/aw/free/hfladyliberty.html

Peace, health & healing to all...

InSaNiTy

http://worldhosting.heartfall.com
http://pathservices.heartfall.com

What does it take?

Oct 8, 2001, 11:45pm
--------------4AFE9585B1424AFFC226E126

Below is a copy of another email from Noelle at AWcom. Again she
suggests sending credit card information to her via e-mail. Is AW ever
going to become professional and care about anyone else other than
themselves? All professional services warn you never to send important
credit card information via e-mail. They also warn that they will never
ask for personal passwords etc. However, with AWcom, they continue to
treat their clientele with no respect and suggest they risk credit card
security so that they can gain their $$.

Last week I notified AWcom that myself and another customer BOTH
received alarming errors from AWcom's new site after entering credit
card information. Both myself and the other customer were ignored!
Again on Thursday I contacted Tom who again ignored my concern about
their improperly functioning site! Friday a customer used the system
and was double billed by AWcom sending them into overdraft and costing
them fees! AWcom not only double billed them, they immediately killed
their registered trial, and never sent them their new password all
weekend. Now does "Take the Money and Run" sound familiar? The customer
and myself sent e-mails and they were again ignored.

The number one concern of AWcom should be the proper handling of
customers credit cards and moneys!!!!

What does it take?

Letters of complaint to the Better Business Bureau?
http://www.bb.org

Contacting the FTC - Fair Trade Commission?
http://www.ftc.gov/

Contacting your bank and the Credit Card Companies?

I am really tired of the apathy AWcom has surrounding people's security.
It is a shame they only appear to care about themselves and not the
people who pay their wages! It is a sad shame that management appears
nowhere in these matters but the lack of management and concern shows
immensely!

The latest credit card request by Noelle is pasted below:

From: "Noelle" <noelle at activeworlds.com>