3.4 Users? (General Discussion)

3.4 Users? // General Discussion

1  |

alphabit phalpha

Oct 6, 2003, 1:20pm
Anyone know if there are many people not on 3.4 now?
The Cys are working on a new feature, but if anyone doesn't have 3.4 they
might not have an ejoyable evening:(

stecloud

Oct 6, 2003, 1:34pm
I'm pretty sure, the majority of users will be on 3.4 by now.

andras

Oct 6, 2003, 1:38pm
[View Quote] > Anyone know if there are many people not on 3.4 now?
> The Cys are working on a new feature, but if anyone doesn't have 3.4 they
> might not have an ejoyable evening:(

based on my stats on the last 4 weeks:
Mod - 400
Queen Mel - 402
8 ppl - 419
1 person - 488 ?????
257 ppl - 494
3 ppl - 495

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

stefan aka joker

Oct 6, 2003, 2:09pm
yea , 400 and 488 are nice :)

alphabit phalpha

Oct 6, 2003, 2:10pm
Oh cool Andras....so are all of those builds 3.4?
Maybe I can contact those that you have citnames and warn them of what they
would experience if they dont upgrade.
I wonder why they haven't upgraded...hmmmm.
I would think any new users coming in would be downloading 3.4?
Hmmm...this wouldn't be counting tourists would it?
Sorry so many questions, but truly appreciate the info Sweetie!
Bit:)

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Oct 6, 2003, 9:50pm
whats 495?

[View Quote] My guess is the next release of 3.4 to fix some of the bugs. That never
got released or something.

http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
Yeah, it's that good.
(Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

I wouldn't worry about it, Bits. Judging from Andras's stats, most people
are on 3.4. In my humble opinion, you should use the features that are
available in the version that most people use unless there's another way to
do it so those with previous versions can experience the same thing.

Chris

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Oct 6, 2003, 11:57pm
Well someone in grams just told me 30 of thier closest friends are still not
using 3.4.
I'll wait for a few more reports:)
Thanks ya'll:)

[View Quote]

brock

Oct 7, 2003, 12:32am
495 is probly the newest version of 3.4 still under works by the dev team

--
Brock
AW: 308723

mauz

Oct 7, 2003, 1:11pm
[View Quote] It is a patch to 3.4 that takes away the feature/bug about
World Features dialog staying open when teleporting to another world.
Maybe it was supposed to be released to the public at one point?

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

kf

Oct 7, 2003, 3:23pm
Well, it is funny - this 495 release is in AW available to beta testers
only, although it was promised to be made available as a general release
in order to fix the serious "enable fly/pass-through in each world" bug.

I was not aware it was not publicly available - so probably only all the
beta testers are running it, since they got it served as an automatic
update many weeks ago already.

[View Quote]

weizer

Oct 7, 2003, 10:44pm
I have a friend that still uses 3.3 because he hates navigation in 3.4. I
know you can change it so it's the same as 3.3 but anyone that doesn't take
the time to play with the configuration don't. This may be one of the
problems. Anyway... didn't AWI said that 3.4 will be forced upgrade ?

-Weizer
"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f8193de$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Oh cool Andras....so are all of those builds 3.4?
> Maybe I can contact those that you have citnames and warn them of what
they
> would experience if they dont upgrade.
> I wonder why they haven't upgraded...hmmmm.
> I would think any new users coming in would be downloading 3.4?
> Hmmm...this wouldn't be counting tourists would it?
> Sorry so many questions, but truly appreciate the info Sweetie!
> Bit:)

[View Quote]

.duo.

Oct 8, 2003, 9:09am
how do you set the movement back? o_O

--
-.Duo. (342836)

do the right thing! tell em to shut up and download 3.4, or stop bitching!
its the majority that counts, and for lik 20 people to ruin a better
experience for 300 others is just wrong! :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

weizer

Oct 9, 2003, 10:32pm
Oh about the movement speed actually theres nothing you can do but you can
set the controls exactly like 3.3.

-Weizer
".duo." <ncommons at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f83f06a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> how do you set the movement back? o_O
>
> --
> -.Duo. (342836)
[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Oct 9, 2003, 11:29pm
Ok...as far as I can see 3.4 will be what we will focus on.
There might be a few dupe chats for some (I appologize early for that), but
it will be some great effects also:)
If you know anyone not using 3.4 please warn them ahead of time, but we will
have a remote viewing area also so slower pcs wont lag as bad.
I use PII 233 with mmx and 4 meg video card and do pretty well with 3.4.
Maybe its thier settings or upgrades of drivers needed?
Thanks everyone for all your input!
Hugggs:)
Bit:)

codewarrior

Oct 16, 2003, 3:31pm
A lot of world owners are very eager to see everyone using 3.4 when you
demonstrate that some if it's features can go a long way toward deterring
other worlds from leeching from your object path.

[View Quote]

equin0x

Oct 26, 2003, 6:58am
Don't forget 496..maybe 497 now.
Although since 3.5 went AW uni beta, its now 517.
Anyone want on? :)