NG server bug (General Discussion)

NG server bug // General Discussion

1  |

defiance

May 6, 2003, 4:31pm
The NG downloading keeps hanging -_-

tengel

May 6, 2003, 5:25pm
Wrong place to send that kinda bug.
Try to send it to bill.gates at microsoft.com
lol

Tengel

[View Quote]

defiance

May 6, 2003, 6:16pm
Are you sure the NG server is by microsoft? rofl

[View Quote]

maki

May 6, 2003, 6:26pm
i believe activeworlds.com is hosted on a microsoft server(software), or you
could just blame microsoft for outlook express.

maki

[View Quote] Hangs at times for me too.

panther1403

May 7, 2003, 1:56pm
seems most everything is Microsoft these days. oh and microsoft makes its
products crappy to make you want to upgrade.

[View Quote] I'm using Mozilla (not a Microsoft product). It's a server problem, and
it's only been occuring recently. I think KAH pointed this out the
first week it started happening.

panther1403

May 7, 2003, 5:20pm
but the NG server probably is a microsoft product

[View Quote]

tengel

May 7, 2003, 5:23pm
Well, it can still be a Microsoft bug, since w2k server as well can run
newsgroup, or what ever ver they have.

I did never think it could be a end users problem.

and mybe it slows down when the server have 83.385 post at the server.

"defiance" <Defiance at micro$oft.com> wrote in news:3eb81835$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Are you sure the NG server is by microsoft? rofl

Actually, it's running DNEWS (nothing to do with MS). Not sure if it's on a
UNIX/SUN or Win32 platform.

Nothing to do with OE either, it is a server-side problem, I doubt it's
connectivity related as this news service can't pull that much bandwidth
either.

KAH

tony m

May 8, 2003, 12:41am
[View Quote] >I'm using Mozilla (not a Microsoft product). It's a server problem, and it's only been occuring recently.

Nope; this has been going on for quite a few months now.