universal teleport? (General Discussion)

universal teleport? // General Discussion

Apr 14, 2003, 3:31am
I just got teleported to some place with "two rivers" in their welcome message. I
did not click anything and was idleing in my world. My friends also said they were
teleported there. What is up with this and the fact that such a feature is
implemented, let alone used, is very disturbing.

--Bowen--

defiance

Apr 14, 2003, 4:06am
Someone used a bot on you ROFL

Apr 14, 2003, 4:48am
[View Quote] "my world."

--Bowen--

john

Apr 14, 2003, 3:07pm
Hows that work? He can't have been sent 2 another universe w/o
disconnecting & reconnecting... hes wrong.. he was sent 2 a world.. lmao

[View Quote]

dion

Apr 14, 2003, 5:26pm
a bot with uni CT?
Strange, though.

[View Quote] --Bowen--

maki

Apr 14, 2003, 6:47pm
[View Quote] i believe he meant 'universal' as in universe-wide teleportation, ability to
teleport anyone anywhere, from anywhere...not as in teleporting to say, dlp.

maki

the joker ss

Apr 14, 2003, 6:52pm
awcrypt ?

Or a bot that places a 3D object on your avatar. Placing snow1.rwx on most
avatars when they aren't moving will teleport them. There are a few that
this won't work on, like birde.

Chris

[View Quote]

stecloud

Apr 14, 2003, 8:41pm
Didn't he say it was in his world though, surely he'd know if someone was in
his world with a bot - and does he even allow bots in it??

dion

Apr 14, 2003, 10:49pm
err.. a bot with a uni ct can do basically whatever the hell it wants. :-P

Apr 15, 2003, 12:05am
[View Quote] Yes there was nothing in my world, which is why I was wondering how the hell I got
there.

--Bowen--

stecloud

Apr 15, 2003, 7:50am
My point exactly, it would have to someone with Uni CT password. To
randomly teleport people though seems a little - unproffessional.

"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com.ANTISPAM> wrote in
news:3e9b5ac9 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Yes there was nothing in my world, which is why I was wondering how
> the hell I got there.

From my logs I can see that nothing had even tried connecting besides Bowen
himself, so it can't possibly have been a bot on UniCT logging in for
example.

In fact its grounds to consider negligence considering your security was
compromised with it being your world. We all know that on a world hop you
can get hit by cache downloads.

Anyway, check world logs, until we know for sure ill leave it as that :)

- Mark
PS Dion: Not necessarily, there are certain tools that dissallow uniCT.

[View Quote] KAH said no bots or people logged in. I wasn't even AT my computer when it happened.

check for any awm files residing on your computer.

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in news:3e9da424
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> check for any awm files residing on your computer.

Got quite a few, you're aware awm files just contain the message strings
for the browser?