are you an idiot? (General Discussion)

are you an idiot? // General Discussion

1  2  |

the derek

Oct 6, 2002, 12:56am
http://www.vickysjokes.com/funny/insanity.asp

the derek

Oct 6, 2002, 12:58am
meant to ask if u r insane not an idiot ;)

Ugh, that has to be the stupidest thing the Internet has ever produced.
What's worse is that other morons seem to enjoy propagating it. :(

Hamsterdance and All Your Base have ruined us all...
robrod at prism.net

linn

Oct 6, 2002, 5:08am
ooooooo goob go gripe somewhere where ppl care LMAO
[View Quote]

scooby doo

Oct 6, 2002, 5:49am
http://www.weirdlinks.com/audioclips/helpme.wav

"the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> wrote in news:3d9fa676
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> http://www.vickysjokes.com/funny/insanity.asp

ooook... What's so funny about a stupid soundtrack and a F1 racing car?

KAH

d a n

Oct 6, 2002, 1:08pm
LOTS, ROFLMAO

O_O

---
D a n
"Totaly Insane"

[View Quote]

shred

Oct 6, 2002, 1:13pm
Go read a good book. It'll do you good. It won't hurt; I promise.

I thought it was funny, myself. ^_^ Sounds like a chipmunk trying to
imitate an F1 racer.

Chris

[View Quote]

maki

Oct 6, 2002, 6:15pm
I thought it was as well, though it was late and I can't help but bust out
laughing at the stupidest things .. oh well.

maki awmaki.com
[View Quote]

the derek

Oct 7, 2002, 1:13am
you should be happy you passed the test ;)
[View Quote]

count dracula

Oct 7, 2002, 1:27pm
Kind of funny; that wav was originally made to be a human imitation of a
Trabant..but I guess the joke wont work if you are not familiar with
Trabants , Wartburgs or other 2-stroked cars, and if you are not familiar
with the superioty of Ferrari in F1.

Drac
the derek <imthederek at yahoo.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3d9fa676 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> http://www.vickysjokes.com/funny/insanity.asp

mike zimmer

Oct 8, 2002, 9:51pm
Use. Reuse. Recycle.
Now how long as this been out on the internet?
--
-Miek Zimmer
*Mike

ya i agree, the rest of us are enjoying it. so just because you have no
sense of humer (having no friends doubt youd need one anyway) dont go
calling things others are enjoying stupid. makes people feel bad you know?

read my post to goober :) same applies to you, dont try acting all mature
and shhh

Maybe you folks over in Libya don't have this concept, but here in the
States we have this nutty thing called "Free Speech". Besides allowing
us to bitch about our government without having to worry about them
going Taliban on our asses, it also affords us the ability to say
whatever's on our mind without fear of oppression from others who
disagree with us. As far as this discussion goes, this means I'm free to
call whatever I want "stupid", just as you have the right to accuse me
of having no sense of "humer". :P

As for making people feel bad, why should they care what I think? Is my
opinion really worth so much that I would make them feel bad for liking
something that I find stupid? While I appreciate the ego-stroke, I doubt
that's the case.

His ego is big enough already. ;P
robrod at prism.net

May I point out that Eep seems to have the exact same mentality as you. He
doesn't care what other people think about him, and he continued to chase
people out of here. :) Now we have two sides of the same spectrum. You,
wanting to welcome people and bounce the ones who get out of line, and eep
bouncing people who get out of line and chasing them off. And your methods
aren't that different. You're both blunt, albeit you are a bit more
diplomatic about it.

SW Chris

Your point? As many before me have said, if you don't like what I have
to say, filter me; it's that simple. Why more people don't make use of
this feature is beyond me. I know my excuse is that I'm just nutty
enough to like reading everyone's posts, even the stupid ones.

As for comparing myself to Eep, I sense quite a few people in here going
through Eep withdrawal as of late. Guess some people really *can't* live
without him. :P While I'm aware that Eep and myself have quite a few
similarities, those similarities end in how we handle debates. Whereas I
try to concentrate on the topic at hand, Eep goes beyond that and
attacks the person he's debating with. When that happens, it stops being
a debate and turns into the flame wars this place has been made famous for.

I am become Goober King, destroyer of stupidity!
robrod at prism.net

or maybe your just dumb? see, you have freedom of speech as long as its not
insulting anyone... my sister's a lawyer, i know this shit.
your a dick. so you saying me saying that was legal, because of my freedom
of speech? no, guess again. dumb ass

And its wierd how those who no one cares about, always pretend to care about
no one...

My point? An abstract illustration.

SW Chris

Laws are different in different countries...

Chris

I don't know which country's laws your sister is versed in, but in the
States, there is no such law that prevents people from making insulting
remarks. Most people who subscribe to the "politically correct"
philosophy kindly request that you not make such remarks, but I don't
think any lobbyists have managed to legislate PC-ness just yet. If that
was the case, they would've come to Libya and carted your ass off to
jail by now, seeing as how you're making these comments on a US server. :)

Can you legislate stupidity too?
robrod at prism.net

syntax

Oct 11, 2002, 8:30pm
omfg SWE, look in a damn mirror. When you write retarded comments like this
it makes YOU look like the dumbass.
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

gee, and "looks in a damn mirror" makes you look like a genius doesnt it?

naa, im almost certain that the whole "freedom of speech" thing only applies
if what you are saying is true. so what you should say is "I think that is
stupid, and i think the only thing dumber is that....".

well anyway, im just saying all this cuz i dont like you. so im gonna
stop this discussion here, oh and quiet frankly, i dont give 2 sh!ts weather
you dont like me either. oh, and my sister takes international law. i think
anyway.

The point of Syn's post was not to make himself look like a genius. Grow
up.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

shred

Oct 12, 2002, 12:50pm
Um... we don't care if your sister studies international law (which you aren't even sure of) or not. The point is that *you* obviously don't, and thus your vastly incorrect words are even more annoying than they would be coming from someone who was at least qualified enough to say them.

Freedom of speech first and foremost garuntees that United States citizens can speak out against the government. Those would be their *opinions* that they're demonstrating, not facts.

However, printing or otherwise spreading an extremely false or malicious publication with the intention of defaming a living person or organization is known as libel, which the slandered party can sue for. This does not interfere with freedom of speech. We can express any opinions we want to as long as we don't deliberately spread false statements represented as fact in order to hurt someone.

This is what the first amendment garuntees:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

No, freedom of speech is not unlimited, but the limits put on it are known as "common sense".

oh well, all the same. well anyway, i dont live youll, youre all a bunch of
pricks, almost everysingle one of you, so im just gonna stop replying to
people i dont like, since, i cant be pissed anymore...

maybe you were born stupid, or maybe you developed it as you grow older, but
see, when someone says it, its means im calling them stupid aswell...

[View Quote]

shred

Oct 12, 2002, 7:16pm
For one who calls so many other people pricks and assholes, you seem to be throwing around more insults than anyone else in this thread. By resorting to nothing but undeserved insults, you look like you have no logical arguments to back up your statements when confronted by someone.