O_O (General Discussion)

O_O // General Discussion

1  2  |

chickengurl

May 26, 2002, 11:57am
That's not the point. The point is there are no reports of people being
emotionally or psychologically scarred directly by being breast fed. Seeing
humans nude is some thing you get used to really quickly if you aren't
constantly sheltered from reality and told it's wrong.
Do you know of any people who have problems today because they saw simple
nudity when they were brought up to believe it's natural?

How old of children are you talking about here? All of the 4 year and older
people I know can differentiate reality from video games or cartoons (Unless
they have some type of mental problem) easily.

Then the next question is, what self-respecting parent or guardian would
allow a child (their soul responsibility) to access a place such as the
internet, if they disagreed with the moral values of even one person that
used it? Free information comes with the price of tolerance, and that's some
thing children have more of than adults in most cases.

Can you elaborate your opinion more clearly? How exactly will the pictures
bring harm to some one?
Honestly, maybe I'm just too dumb (It's happened plenty of times before) to
understand what you're saying here.

[View Quote]

silenced

May 26, 2002, 12:45pm
It's a long complicated idea, just drop it, he put up a little thingie and
that's ok. The fact of the matter is that it was in the Slave section.
That coupled with the nude women could damage a childs mind in a number of
ways. But it doesn't matter anymore.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

bodhitah

May 26, 2002, 4:24pm
Anduin,

You do not have to change your signature nor do you have to add that
distracting pop-up to your site (which I see is already up). Just because
some 16 year old geek thinks its offensive. Any "kid" old enough and smart
enough to start a computer and navigate a newsgroup has seen TITS before.
Get a life Bowen.

silenced

May 26, 2002, 4:53pm
Hah so glad I removed you from my killfile. Niavity is the worse thing you
could get. Unlike you, Anduin is a nice guy. I'm not 16 either, genius.

Still "shitting in one hand and making compliants in the other"?

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

bodhitah

May 26, 2002, 5:16pm
The 16 year old geek remark was a generality...But you seem to think it was
aimed at you..so be it.

I do know Anduin very well and he is a nice guy.

btw are you ever going to learn to spell ? It helps your lame attempts at
flaming people if your flames are spelled correctly. Moron !

silenced

May 26, 2002, 7:11pm
Sorry wasn't exactly awake yet. My question is, can you learn grammar
correctly? Moron!

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

"bodhitah" <bodhitah at earthlink.net> wrote in
news:3cf12842 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Anduin,
>
> You do not have to change your signature nor do you have to add that
> distracting pop-up to your site (which I see is already up). Just
> because some 16 year old geek thinks its offensive. Any "kid" old
> enough and smart enough to start a computer and navigate a newsgroup
> has seen TITS before. Get a life Bowen.

How nice, Bodhitroll is here with his moronic comments! I think it's good
that Anduin has put up a warning, then people that don't know about it
and don't want to see things of the sort (even though they may have seen
it before, or may not be mentally damaged by it, but still don't want to
see the stuff) won't see anything they don't want to see, and everyone
will be happy. Except you, because you're a weirdo gnome, but nobody
cares about them anyway. 7 year olds could probably do those things, and
it isn't be approriate for them to see nude women, their parents might
even punish them thinking they went there on purpose. I see you replied
"The 16 year old geek remark was a generality...But you seem to think it
was
aimed at you..so be it.". Why did you say "Get a life Bowen." in that
case? Read your own stupid post before trying to act smart! YOU are
telling people to get lifes? Start with yourself, weirdo gnome! Now go
eat some trees!

KAH

anduin

May 26, 2002, 10:29pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as general.discussion, an identify
claiming to be known as "bodhitah" <bodhitah at earthlink.net> scribed
the following:
>Anduin,
>
>You do not have to change your signature nor do you have to add that
>distracting pop-up to your site (which I see is already up). Just because
>some 16 year old geek thinks its offensive. Any "kid" old enough and smart
>enough to start a computer and navigate a newsgroup has seen TITS before.
>Get a life Bowen.

I know I don't have to do anything. I didn't change my signature, but
I did add that warning on my site as I was asked generously and wasn't
yelled at and cussed at and ordered to do something. It was
'explained' to me what exactly 'could' offend young and even older
children. After some discussing in the newsgroups I did realize that I
should at least put up a warning so that children are forewarned.

And I also thank Bowen and Strike Rapier for explaining to me all of
this in a nice way and keeping control of themselves through this

As for you, bodhitah, I do not know you? Unless you have changed your
name I've never really heard of you. So that in mind, it gives me
warrant to send you to this site at http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
without knowing who I may have offended.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

johnny b

May 27, 2002, 12:12am
Kids do NOT need to see Gorean stuff..... thats for informed consenting
adults .

Crawl back under your bridge and stick to eating billygoats, troll........

anduin

May 27, 2002, 5:58am
In a galaxy far far away, known as general.discussion, an identify
claiming to be known as "anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> scribed
the following:
>As for you, bodhitah, I do not know you? Unless you have changed your
>name I've never really heard of you. So that in mind, it gives me
>warrant to send you to this site at http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
>without knowing who I may have offended.

<spits drink> shit, now that I do know you, I apologize. Though I did
make that comment that I did not know you, therefore pointed to the
website without knowing who I may have offended.

I had thought you were just another one of those smart ass kids like
johnny b there who needs a life.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

johnny b

May 27, 2002, 12:56pm
Johnny B happens to be a 33 year old Smart ass...... thank you very much
:O) I have a life....... I dont need to treat women like inferiors just to
make up for my own shortcomings and feel like i'm cool......... I can just
come in here and look at crap like this, so go back and play with your
"slaves"

Bet it makes you feel Powerful......

once again, proves arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand.

Have a nice day ;O)

kellee

May 27, 2002, 10:00pm
As long as ppl are complaining about poor ol' Andy posting a link to his
home page as part of his "overindulgent but what he likes" signature
section, can i whinge about the Foo that has his nose broken when i view it
in my reader??? Not to mention that the bit at the beginning thats cute but
i DONT need to read it every time ya posts, Andy. Now....i wonder if this
all comes across as sounding as petty as some of the rest of ya? if so,
GOOD, it was meant to.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\

Poor Foo

*kellee

anduin

May 27, 2002, 10:48pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as general.discussion, an identify
claiming to be known as "kellee" <kellee at my.activeworlds.com> scribed
the following:
>As long as ppl are complaining about poor ol' Andy posting a link to his
>home page as part of his "overindulgent but what he likes" signature
>section, can i whinge about the Foo that has his nose broken when i view it
>in my reader??? Not to mention that the bit at the beginning thats cute but
>i DONT need to read it every time ya posts, Andy. Now....i wonder if this
>all comes across as sounding as petty as some of the rest of ya? if so,
>GOOD, it was meant to.

Leave my little man alone, he's scared and hides behind my signature
with his nose showing. :oP
His head is not in the right place for your newsreader cause you're
using Outlook Express; Microsoft's version of a newsreader (as well as
mail, yes I know). Actually, you'll see my Foo with half his head
missing in most newsreaders if you don't turn on 'Fixed Pitch Font',
which is the same font as a typewritter.

If you don't want to read my signature, which Foo is having such a
great time hanging on his nose, then close your eyes :oP

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

anduin

May 27, 2002, 11:05pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as general.discussion, an identify
claiming to be known as "johnny b" <uniquect at optonline.net> scribed
the following:
>Johnny B happens to be a 33 year old Smart ass...... thank you very much
>:O) I have a life....... I dont need to treat women like inferiors just to
>make up for my own shortcomings and feel like i'm cool.........

Obviously you haven't read my other posts have you? Must I show them
to you again? Read some of my posts above, maybe you'll understand
that I don't mistreat women and I don't see them as inferiors. We can
continue this discussion in private if you wish, but it is not worth
posting here.

>I can just
>come in here and look at crap like this, so go back and play with your
>"slaves"

I don't 'play'.

>Bet it makes you feel Powerful......

Not at all.

>once again, proves arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand.

It does?

>Have a nice day ;O)

Have a nice day also :o)

,,,,,

"anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> wrote in
news:ajj5fus5696necoi4lb7j5291h5u7f576r at 4ax.com:

> Leave my little man alone, he's scared and hides behind my signature
> with his nose showing. :oP
> His head is not in the right place for your newsreader cause you're
> using Outlook Express; Microsoft's version of a newsreader (as well as
> mail, yes I know). Actually, you'll see my Foo with half his head
> missing in most newsreaders if you don't turn on 'Fixed Pitch Font',
> which is the same font as a typewritter.

Actually, I had to turn it ON to see his head correctly lol

KAH

pc hamster

May 29, 2002, 5:56am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I have to agree Andy. Besides, there are laws against the public display of
this sort of thing. I believe one of them covers something called AGE
VERIFICATION!!!

That pop up does little (if anything at all) to prevent kids from seeing
your site and in the eyes of the uneducated (when it comes to the Internet)
and uninformed layperson, this could EASILY be construed as a PORN SITE!!!

However, I'll also agree with GBoober that there are now filters and other
"proxyware" on the market nowadays to prevent this, however NOT EVERYONE is
going to be smart enough to think about getting it. The concept hasn't
quite sunk in yet like Anti-Virus software has.

> Crawl back under your bridge and stick to eating billygoats, troll........

Oh so Andy's A TROLL now??? I hardly agree. He just doesn't use very good
judgement in his posts to the newsgroups.

If that makes him a troll to you Johnny, then you're entitled to your
opinion.

Andy, do us ALL a favor and create a seperate sig for the AW newsgroups
PLEASE??? Let's DROP this....

Just my $.02 worth....Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

anduin

May 29, 2002, 9:08pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as general.discussion, an identify
claiming to be known as "pc hamster" <pchamster at email.msn.com> scribed
the following:
>Andy, do us ALL a favor and create a seperate sig for the AW newsgroups
>PLEASE??? Let's DROP this....

Get over it, go to rehab.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

pc hamster

May 30, 2002, 1:01am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Okay....the "graphic" is so crudely designed in NNTP I doubt anyone would be
able to make much sense out of it, but you could AT LEAST edit the link to
your website.

Besides, how would you like it if WE started posting links to OUR
websites??? I run many websites, however as per the outcome of the flame
war when everyone was criticizing filmkr for posting a link to HIS website,
it was clear to me that postging such a links to my online radio stations
wasn't smart and a rarely post a link to my online photo album (which
*doesn't* contain any nudity on it).

If you insist on making this an issue, I'm sure I can create a sig that will
make yours look rather small, but yet still VERY MUCH commercial.

Just something to think about.... :-)

Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Owner - Pub 102X (An ActiveWorlds 3D Homepage)
Mayor - City of Hamsterville (My AlphaWorld town)
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

Drop the subject! :P Thats a order private!

pc hamster

Jun 4, 2002, 12:07am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Yes and he STILL has the link to his website in there to boot... :-(

Patrick

pc hamster

Jun 4, 2002, 12:13am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] But Chicken.....Babies tend to forget this when they grow up and are no
longer babies, but are still children who are still learning the "Three R's"
though.

That's what Bowen is saying (and I have to agree with him!).

Patrick