Sorry everyone... (General Discussion)

Sorry everyone... // General Discussion

1  2  |

icey

Sep 2, 2001, 5:46pm
hi ryan you're doing good indeed...are you new to aw? welcome anyway:)

[View Quote]

syntax

Sep 2, 2001, 6:08pm
#$%#$%#$# he's not new! His citnum is 323710.
He's been around quite a while now, so stop saying he is brand new.

btw, does ANYONE remember his last escapade in the NG's?
--
- Syntax -
www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

icey

Sep 2, 2001, 6:37pm
....to me this: 323710 is brand new, actually unless he changed his nick
as many do ...he's very new to NGs...

[View Quote]

syntax

Sep 2, 2001, 10:31pm
He's been "n a y R", "Ryan.", "Ocean Boy" and a whole host of others.
And 323710 isn't very new, considering the citnumbers are already in 34k.
--
- Syntax -
www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

young phalpha

Sep 3, 2001, 2:48am
uhh, you mean the difference of 150-300 milliseconds or so is that much? :)
--
Young Phalpha

[View Quote] [View Quote]

the derek

Sep 3, 2001, 3:40am
well its twice as long try downloading 30 or 40 on
a 28k modem and each text message can take up to
10 seconds for me almost a minute if its html

[View Quote]

eep

Sep 3, 2001, 4:02am
Yo, idiots, stop CROSSPOSTING! God damn...

[View Quote] > well its twice as long try downloading 30 or 40 on
> a 28k modem and each text message can take up to
> 10 seconds for me almost a minute if its html

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 3, 2001, 4:07am
yeah but they go up fast especially with all the
new worlds being bought lately

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 3, 2001, 4:08am
lol i mean when someone starts a new post as a
crosspost id much rather they post it sperately so
that there are different discussions going on in
each one not the same one

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 3, 2001, 4:20am
stop complaining if you dont like crosposting that
much just ignore crossposted threads you cant
expect everyone to never reply and if they do
never forget to change the newsgroups

[View Quote]

eep

Sep 3, 2001, 4:45am
Um, I expect you to pay attention and read people's posts (like Ananas where he EXPLICITLY mentions how newbies like you unknowningly, and mindlessly, reply to crossposts). Take responsibility and pay attention! Stop cluttering up the newsgroups with junk!

[View Quote] > stop complaining if you dont like crosposting that
> much just ignore crossposted threads you cant
> expect everyone to never reply and if they do
> never forget to change the newsgroups

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Sep 3, 2001, 4:54am
Are you a janitor in real life?

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 3, 2001, 5:18am
well like i said you can complain all you want but
eheres always gonna be someone replying to a
crosspost and i am not a newbie i knew i was
replying to a crosspost im not stupid

i see nothing wrong with repkying to a crosspost
if a crosspost is posted its already there boohoo

and if youre gonna flame me for this question then
i dont know why im bothering but if i reply to a
reply to a cross post wouldnt it only be visible
to that newsgroup? on ns the group says
general.discussion thats it

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 3, 2001, 5:22am
correction reply to a non-crossed reply to a
crosspost

[View Quote]

eep

Sep 3, 2001, 5:28am
Well, I can see that you haven't evolved yet in here so it's back into the filter with you. And you seemed halfway respectable in AW...ah well.

[View Quote] > well like i said you can complain all you want but
> eheres always gonna be someone replying to a
> crosspost and i am not a newbie i knew i was
> replying to a crosspost im not stupid
>
> i see nothing wrong with repkying to a crosspost
> if a crosspost is posted its already there boohoo
>
> and if youre gonna flame me for this question then
> i dont know why im bothering but if i reply to a
> reply to a cross post wouldnt it only be visible
> to that newsgroup? on ns the group says
> general.discussion thats it

Very bad idea. The news readers would have to download
them all whereas a real crosspost is just a reference
to the same document and only the header is downloaded
in each group separate.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

lets not start ANOTHER flamewar on this subject...

the derek

Sep 3, 2001, 5:12pm
eep this is why you get no luck out of "newbies"

i asked a question i expected an answer WITH SOME
INTELLIGENCE geez can someone else here answer it
then? eep himself has got to evolve a little if he
expects others to evolve lol well eep since you
didnt do what I asked i see no reason why i should
do what YOU asked. and i also dont see why i
should continue to have to listen to you complain
about stuff and expect people to just go POOF i
fixed it IDIOT

in your own words
suck filter twit

[View Quote]

young phalpha

Sep 3, 2001, 11:59pm
that's odd, I have a 56k, hmmm... :/
--
Young Phalpha

[View Quote] [View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Sep 4, 2001, 8:27pm
Ryan... You didn't do anything bad in the NGS to be sorry for. I'm
one of the old time people in the NGS since 1989 and back then it was
alot different. There was NO html anything. But over the years the
software assumes that HTML is nice DEFAULT as it is in e-mail and so
you just do the simple post and most likely not realize you are posting
the included html file. Now days unless you really read the HELP file
or click on HELP you won't find a way to turn off the stupid DEFAULT
HTML post. But as most things in life... It comes from experiance and
trial & error and even i [Old Pro] can tee people off in a NGS
sometimes. And that is without really trying half the times.

"r y a n" <birkin at ozemail.com.au> wrote in
news:3b90a2c2 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> This is a Message to EVERYONE...
> I'm really sorry if i have been a menace in the news-groups...
> The first time i posted everyone went crazy at me... i didnt know the
> Rules that you cant post in HTML,and im sorry about that...
> Im just sorry for being a Mennace in the newsgroups...
> I Just want people to actely listen to my posts...
>
> (((((((((((((((((HUGZ)))))))))))))))))
> And Sorry
> From R y a n

jfk2 builder

Sep 4, 2001, 8:32pm
To me it's just a blip. At CABLE speeds it really is. No kidding.

"young phalpha" <RhaneC at msn.com> wrote in
news:3b943584 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> that's odd, I have a 56k, hmmm... :/

jfk2 builder

Sep 4, 2001, 8:42pm
Using Xnews software you will see a little pop-up when you are to
crosspost. You just check the ones you want to crosspost in. Ryan's
initial post went out to all the groups & so did my reply to him go to
all the groups. BUT all the rest of my replies are going out to the
Community & General Discussion areas only. While he is still posting
to all groups. When i get the pop up i only check Community & Generel
Discussions as the best place to post. Bot's don't want to see me
chatting like this unless it's something to do with BOTS. Wishlist is
for Browser 3.2 and World Builders is topics for worlds and don't want
anything other than worlds discuss. And so the list of not correct
grops there are i only feel the General & Community is the best 2 for
any crosspost.

"donna" <awedonna at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3b9175e6 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hi KAH, what field are you referring to please. Where do I find it
> at please? Huggz Donna
[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Sep 4, 2001, 8:53pm
Actually Ryan has opened our eyes to Dreamland Park Universe as i'm
doing now. BUT there is this sweetheart of a lady in Dreamland Park
Universe by the name of ANNE... [She is the world owner where i helped
to obtain the added avatar gestures for CY Awards world] and she said
something... Why do the people of AW act so stupid towards those in
dreamland Park when they try to post on the AW NGS and they have
accounts in BOTH Universes or someone posts for them. Dreamland Park
Universe still uses the same AW Browser that AW people use. And that is
so true. And for those NOT informed people out there... Outerworlds
Universe uses the SAME AW Browser as AW people use. So too does
City4All, Galaxy Worlds Universe, Cybernet Universe, and the old
Vectorscape Universe.

"eep" <eep at tnlc.com> wrote in news:3B91A520.81910952 at tnlc.com:

> Oh please...what the HELL does an 11-year-old add to the community?
> What has Ryan added so far aside from off-topic crossposts and (most
> likely) a badly built (IF he's even built anything) house or
> something even less recognizable as anything of substance? Puh-LEAZE.
> If you don't know what I've added to this so-called "community",
> perhaps a trip to my AW website (http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/) will clue
> you in a bit, Miss Newbie.

[View Quote]

grimble

Sep 4, 2001, 9:06pm
Hey people, can we restrict this to ONE newsgroup please? ... rather than
all of them? The topic is kinda tired now.

[View Quote]

eep

Sep 5, 2001, 12:57am
Uh, so what? Whether or not Ryan (or anyone else in these newsgroups, for that matter) is a citizen of Dreamland Park (or any other universe) isn't the issue here, JFK2. If the little shit is going to participate in these newsgroups he needs to learn no to post off-topic (or at least post in the correct off-topic newsgroup: general.discussion). I tire of all the idiots in these newsgroups (and AW)...

[View Quote] > Actually Ryan has opened our eyes to Dreamland Park Universe as i'm
> doing now. BUT there is this sweetheart of a lady in Dreamland Park
> Universe by the name of ANNE... [She is the world owner where i helped
> to obtain the added avatar gestures for CY Awards world] and she said
> something... Why do the people of AW act so stupid towards those in
> dreamland Park when they try to post on the AW NGS and they have
> accounts in BOTH Universes or someone posts for them. Dreamland Park
> Universe still uses the same AW Browser that AW people use. And that is
> so true. And for those NOT informed people out there... Outerworlds
> Universe uses the SAME AW Browser as AW people use. So too does
> City4All, Galaxy Worlds Universe, Cybernet Universe, and the old
> Vectorscape Universe.
>
> "eep" <eep at tnlc.com> wrote in news:3B91A520.81910952 at tnlc.com:

what about starting for yourself, huh? you crossposted that to all NGs
yourself... JFK, even though on your cable connection it doesn't do the huge
difference, everyone hasn't got cable (or an equivalent/higher connection
speed)... and NNTP is very old, dates from the *EARLY* 80s, it is not MEANT
to transport HTML, not at all secure with HTML, and shouldn't be used to
send HTML.

mad kitty

Oct 5, 2001, 12:13am
Do they even still make 28k modems anymore?