bot range (Wishlist)

bot range // Wishlist

1  2  |

cozmo

Jan 13, 2002, 3:18am
i wish that bots could have a greater range of recieving events from. i HATE
making multiple instaces just to cover the whoel world. I think that it
should either be doubled or set up to a certain limit. That way, depending
on the bot, you can have it cover your whoel world from gz or just a lower
range if it is a chatbot. but i dont think this would happen becuase aw
wants you to buy more cits to get more bot instances (which isnt goign to
happen)

actually, just buy a bot limit extension... and if it's for a *special*
event that requires more bots, you can ask the AWC nicely to have your bot
limit temporarily increased...

cozmo

Jan 13, 2002, 4:07pm
that doesnt help. What if you run a bot that needs to cover your whole
world? and its not for a special event. Of course AW WANTS you to buy more
cits to get more bots

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Jan 13, 2002, 4:18pm
there are bots with a range above 20 co

"cozmo" <b.nolan2 at verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c41ccf4 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> that doesnt help. What if you run a bot that needs to cover your whole
> world? and its not for a special event. Of course AW WANTS you to buy more
> cits to get more bots

sorry dude, but *no*, there *aren't* such bots :-))
Cozmo, you don't need to buy a new cit, just a bot limit extension for your
*existing* cit, I think it's 20 bucks for another 3 bots, and you never have
to renew the extension I think :-)) contact sales at activeworlds.com or
something

cozmo

Jan 13, 2002, 7:12pm
thats not the point DUDE......wishlist doesnt mean "things that are real" it
means "things i wish for"

[View Quote]

agent1

Jan 13, 2002, 9:55pm
I remember asking if you had to pay to renew the bot limit extension, and I
think the answer was yes, you do.

cozmo

Jan 13, 2002, 10:31pm
i said i wish that bots woudl have a greater range not HOW DO I GET A
GREATER RANGE FROM MY BOTS....its a wishlist which means anythign in here
somone WANTS that isnt already implemented

[View Quote]

agent1

Jan 14, 2002, 12:42pm
I replied to someone who suggested a way of solving your problem. Don't
freak out.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the only way to increase a bot's range is to run
multiple instances.

cozmo

Jan 14, 2002, 2:27pm
no duh, i didnt ask for the asnwer, i suggested a new feature

[View Quote]

agent1

Jan 14, 2002, 4:48pm
Since you seemed to have a problem, someone suggested a solution. But you
seem only interested if it would be done EXACTLY your way...

gee, chill out, I was replying to THE JOKER SS, who said those bots did
*exist* at this very moment... and I did give you a solution, even though
it'll cost you a few extra bucks, it's better than buying new cits... and if
you had unlimited bot ranges, world servers in large worlds and bot programs
would very easily get overloaded, bad solution (even though 25 or 30 coords
each direction would be nice). Agent1 said you have to renew it, but it's
still better than renewing a new cit each month, so contact
sales at activeworlds.com for the details about a possible solution to your
problem. You've been banned before because you blew up at someone in this
NG, you should calm down a bit...

cozmo, stop bitchin', there just tring to help u man. dont go shouting at
em.
[View Quote]

cozmo

Jan 27, 2002, 11:32pm
i KNOW what i CAN do....i was just puttign a suggestion on the wishlist
board ok?

yes i relised that, but maybe they didnt, cuz one person mis understood u,
so they reply to that persons reply, mislead. and then they try to help u
and u shout. thats prob the reason why not much peps help anymore, cuz they
kept on getting shouted at.

SWE
I do what those who cant do what i can do dont wanna do.
www.emptyco.com

[View Quote]

foxmccloud

Jan 28, 2002, 2:48pm
Well, the newsgroup can be read by anyone, not just you. The information posted can be news to other people, so just don't try to
interrupt the information flow because you know it.

Fox Mc Cloud

"cozmo" <b.nolan2 at verizon.net> a écrit dans le message news: 3c54aa1c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> i KNOW what i CAN do....i was just puttign a suggestion on the wishlist
> board ok?

milesteg

Mar 7, 2002, 7:46pm
what about a plug in feature in the world software? this way there would be
no limit in the range.. that would be great..... one instance could handle
the whole world... :)

"cozmo" <b.nolan2 at verizon.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3c411892$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> i wish that bots could have a greater range of recieving events from. i
HATE
> making multiple instaces just to cover the whoel world. I think that it
> should either be doubled or set up to a certain limit. That way, depending
> on the bot, you can have it cover your whoel world from gz or just a lower
> range if it is a chatbot. but i dont think this would happen becuase aw
> wants you to buy more cits to get more bot instances (which isnt goign to
> happen)

dotar sojat

Mar 8, 2002, 3:13pm
Amen, of course for role playing game worlds that would be a godsend.

and how would aw make money? i mean for instance, say when u wanna buy a
pair of trainers, which cost $100 dollars if its size 6, but $200 if its
size 7, now u think it really costs $100 to make it one size bigger? no, but
they do, so they can make money, and so the world goes on
[View Quote]

dotar sojat

Mar 8, 2002, 4:32pm
Trainers? What the heck are those? I know what a trainer if for video games,
but never heard of one for AW.

lol, he meant trainers as in sport shoes

milesteg

Mar 8, 2002, 6:59pm
did I say this new feature should be free?
no, i didn t.

why do you think your size 7 shoes is more expensive? do you really think it
is just because they want to make more money with person having 7'' long
feet' ? LOL !!! seriously, they could make all the shoes at 200$ whatever
the size..the price is not only a matter of raw material.. it is a matter of
quantity too, the more they produce the same item , the cheaper will be this
item..maybe there are far more people with feet of 6'' long....so they
produce far more 6 size shoes than 7 size shoes...

if you can t figure out how AW can do money , don t take for granted aw
can't find...this is your limitation...not theirs

"swe" <m_swehli at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3c88febb at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> and how would aw make money? i mean for instance, say when u wanna buy a
> pair of trainers, which cost $100 dollars if its size 6, but $200 if its
> size 7, now u think it really costs $100 to make it one size bigger? no,
but
> they do, so they can make money, and so the world goes on
[View Quote]

silenced

Mar 8, 2002, 7:17pm
Yeah but it only costs about $2 to make the shoes in the first place.
(including labor charges) They just want to stuff their wallets. It takes
no more money to have that kind of bot then it does what they have now, so
why charge more? Why not just add a new feature into the SDK? I think the
new price increases should take care of the labor charges for implementing
new SDK features.

-Silenced

[View Quote]

dion

Mar 8, 2002, 7:25pm
$2 to make the shoes but much much more for the transportation of material
required, the research gone into creating the shoe, etc. A lot of other
things you didn't think of. But that's not the point.

Anyway, longer range bots should only be allowed by CT's or as a world
option in the features area. Certainly not something a user can just modify
whenever he wants to spam every person in the entire world
[View Quote]

silenced

Mar 8, 2002, 7:29pm
$2 to make the shoe, not to research and develop it. That's a whole
different division. Still it probably wouldn't take much more editing of
the sdk to allow it. I think that's what this is about.. to allow people
who own their own worlds better control over it? Who knows, I don't see it
happening though, along with the linux sdk/browser :\

-Silenced

aight, think bought this then, nike came out witht those new trainers, with
the spring like thing, even thought everyone has them, and so they made alot
of them, there still about 10-130 pounds, which is bout $200 or so.....

quantity is only in stocks, not items

AHHHH! oops, u where talking bought chat range, not world building range :D
opps :)
[View Quote]

dotar sojat

Mar 8, 2002, 9:31pm
I belive they were talking about in personal worlds.

[View Quote]

dotar sojat

Mar 8, 2002, 9:31pm
Figures I wouldn't get it. I have not paid more than $40 for a good durable
pair of shoes in my life. LOL

[View Quote]

dotar sojat

Mar 8, 2002, 9:33pm
Yes chat range for a bot. I agree it should be able to be set by the world
CT myself. But it would be nice to have the CT be able to allow for bots
that can cover a whole world. Maybe even have it on the world rights list as
somethign certain people can do and others cannot.