milesteg // User Search

1  2  3  4  |

AW_OBJECT_SESSION

Oct 3, 2000, 4:33pm
hi all,
is there someone who knows the purpose of AW_OBJECT_SESSION ?

thank you
MilesTeg

Java SDK

Dec 14, 2001, 7:51pm
Hi Folks,
I m looking for a Java SDK and found only an old one there :
http://www.insead.fr/CALT/Project/AWJavaBots/
but its JNI part has problem with multithreading..and it has not been
improved since September 2000.

is there any other JDK somewhere?

Thank you,

MilesTeg

SDK for linux?

Feb 15, 2002, 5:46pm
Hi Folks,
do you know if a sdk for linux is planned?
I would like to host bots on my server,it is a linux box so I simply can t
use the sdk dll

thank you

MilesTeg

linux SDK

Mar 13, 2002, 8:30pm
Sure I want a linux SDK because my server is a linux box :)
AW should think more seriously about it.. this way they should be able to
offer bot hosting on their servers...and get more money ;)))

MilesTeg

"jerme" <JerMe at nc.rr.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3c882ad3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I'm going to try this one more time! Gosh darn it...

[Cut]

> Thanks,
> Jeremy
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Jeremy Booker
> JTech Web Systems
> (www.JTechWebSystems.com -- Coming Soon)
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

aw_user_data

Jun 3, 2002, 9:52am
Hi chazrad,
I m using aw_usr_data in every event and callback handler but i never
encountered this problem so far...
If it happens , i will tell you.

Regards,
MilesTeg

"chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3cfa5e83 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I checked and rechecked, but sometimes aw will return a spurious pointer
in
> AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD to the aw_user_data request especially in an empty
> world. unfortunately this does not happen consequently but it is something
> to look out for. my workaround is to check the pointer address for a valid
> range, since ( at least what i noticed) it useally returns a ridiculous
> address.

Why won't the build 24 SDK convert properly using dlltool? [~74KB attachments] - 2 attachments

Jun 3, 2002, 2:05pm
HI Kah,
I know nothing about MingW but i had a similar problem with AW build24 and
Borland C++ with its implib tool...
be sure to download the sdk 24 "again" because Roland made some change few
days before he left but he didnt change the build number.
now the only function I can't link to is aw_world_ejection_delete.

Regards,
MilesTeg

"kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
Xns9222B336BADC0kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201...
> Hi, yesterday I messed around a lot converting aw.dll (build 24) to aw.a
so
> I can use it with the MingW compiler, using dlltool.exe provided with it
(I
> generated a definition file using pexports 0.43). Most of the SDK
> functions/constants worked fine, but all the new things in the 3.3 SDK
> didn't, and I can't understand why, the .def file had all the new
> functions. I'm attaching the .def and the .a, maybe some of you C/C++
> experts can help me out a little :-))
>
> KAH

----

Why won't the build 24 SDK convert properly using dlltool? [~74KB attachments] - 2 attachments

Jun 3, 2002, 3:11pm
Hi Grimble :)
i m using the aw.h from Build 24 and it is a new code :)
As i m not using Microsoft Visual C++ , i can t use the aw.lib from the
Build24 package.
I have to make my own from a borland tool ,implib.exe. This tool use aw.dll
to produce it.
I suspect a problem here because in the aw.lib produced by this tool,
aw_world_ejection_delete is the only fonction that doesn t have the right
decoration ( no underscore prefacing its name ).
could it be possible this function is not well declared in the aw.dll ?
hopefully , this function is not one of the most used in a bot ;))

Regards,
MilesTeg

"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 3cfb9db8$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I don't know if this is related by aw_world_ejection_delete prototype is
> different to previous builds if the aw.h file is anything to go by. Build
22
> had an IP Address argument, but this is now the method has no arguments
and
> the IP address is populated with aw_int_set ... i.e.
>
> aw_int_set(AW_EJECTION_ADDRESS, inet_addr(<IP Address>));
>
> If you're adding to a previous version of your code, this may well be your
> problem. Not very considerate really.
>
> Grims.

[View Quote]

Why won't the build 24 SDK convert properly using dlltool? [~74KB attachments] - 2 attachments

Jun 3, 2002, 7:15pm
Hi Silenced,
I tried with your lib but I still get an error:

Error: Unresolved external '_aw_world_ejection_delete'

I even have a new one
Error: Unresolved external '_aw_data_set'
that i don t get when I use my lib.( thankfully, because it is a function i
need ;)) )

is there someone out there using borland c++ that can succefully link to
aw_world_ejection_delete function? :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

"silenced" <nospam at privacy.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3cfbc627 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Try to use this file when you compile your apps.
>
> --Bowen--
>
> Have $3... want a website?
> http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

Terrain texturing warning!

Jun 3, 2002, 5:25pm
Hi Andas :)
After reading the url about how texture ,orientation and hole are all saved
in one byte, you can easily see that 'texture63' bits are used to indicate a
hole if orientation bytes are both set to 1. I guess Roland forgot to reduce
the check limit to 63 textures ( 0 to 62 ) after he implemented the hole
feature ;)
more info here :
http://www.activeworlds.com/sdk/AW_TERRAIN_NODE_TEXTURES.htm

Regards,
MilesTeg

"andras" <andras at andras.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3CFBB920.73754304 at andras.net...
> Be careful with texture settings in the SDK or in the elevdump file! If
you set it to 63 (or any rotates of it) will crash the browser immediatelly.

> Andras

Terrain texturing warning!

Jun 4, 2002, 8:13am
ah! yes! hehe I just tried , it is weird ;)
I guess they do a check on 254 value where it should be a 255 value :)

3CFBFBDB.6554C75F at andras.net...
> Actually texture 62 with rotate 90 degrees stands for the hole. Try it :)
> Andras

[View Quote]

AWAPI Unit for SDK build 24 [Delphi]

Jun 7, 2002, 6:26am
Hello Tony,
If you re talking about the aw sdk,
you can find build24 here :
http://objects.activeworlds.com/downloads/sdk24.zip

Regards,
MilesTeg

"tony m" <fldmshl2013 at austin.rr.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d005b78.27844504 at news.activeworlds.com...
> Anybody got it? Canopus doesn't have anything beyond build 22.

AWAPI Unit for SDK build 24 [Delphi]

Jun 7, 2002, 8:37pm
ah yes! you re right :)
but you just need to make the declaration file for delphi, in case noone did
it before you :)

3d00c6f5.55365545 at news.activeworlds.com...
> That is the SDK for C/C++.

[View Quote]

Replacing words

Jun 29, 2002, 10:39pm
Hi Zeo,
if you re using VB6

you can use the function:
Replace(expression, find, replace[, start[, count[, compare]]])

Regards,
MilesTeg

"zeo toxion" <zeo at my.activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d1e1b4c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> In vb how do i take a string and look for certain words or a group of
words
> and replace those words with another string.
>
> --
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> A message from Zeo Toxion
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

AwSDK 5x5 Query Worries

Jul 2, 2002, 1:50pm
"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 3d21c7e3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hmmm ... tried it (and a standard 3x3) and I can't get it to behave either
> but then its been a long time since I've actually had to write query code
> (usually strip it from a library which I don't have for the COM wrapper).
>
> What are you using to populate the sequence number? I tried (with
variations
> of) ...
>
> cellX = mAWSDK.aw_int(AW_CELL_X)
> cellZ = mAWSDK.aw_int(AW_CELL_Z)
> cellSequence = mAWSDK.aw_int(AW_CELL_SEQUENCE)
>
> sectorX = mAWSDK.aw_sector_from_cell(cellX) - QUERY_SECTOR_X + 2
> sectorZ = mAWSDK.aw_sector_from_cell(cellZ) - QUERY_SECTOR_Z + 2
> mAWSDK.aw_seq_5x5(sectorX, sectorZ) = cellSequence

[CUT]

I don t use VB Sdk , so i can t really help.. i just can guess :)

maybe you can try swapping sectorZ and sectorX:

mAWSDK.aw_seq_5x5(sectorZ,sectorX) = cellSequence

in C sdk, it works that way :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

Quirky Event Delivery

Jul 3, 2002, 6:47am
"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 3d22a1bc at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Something is causing me huge problems recently to do with the delivery of
> events when I REALLY don't want them.
>
> When processing an event, you expect to have a clean thread where the code
> will execute until you relinquish process control. Recently, however, I've
> been hitting more and more problems where the SDK is firing off events to
> the application simply because I made a call to the SDK from within an
event
> handler. I'm reasonably certain that this is a relatively new problem,
since
> I've done what I'm attempting now on several occasions before and its
> nothing special. Maybe I just got away with it those times.
[CUT]
> Is anyone else experiencing this/solved it? ... 'cos its starting to drive
> me nuts going round in circles like this.
>
> Grims.

Hello Grims,
What you describe is exactly how sdk is said to work :)
it is written in the sdk help , at the end of this page:
http://www.activeworlds.com/sdk/events.htm
and as they stated, install callbacks to avoid this :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

Quirky Event Delivery

Jul 3, 2002, 3:18pm
LOL
English is not my language so i prefer to stick to a kinder way to say
things ;)))

Regards,
MilesTeg

"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 3d22ea3b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Thanks MilesTeg ...
>
> I'd like to adjust your statement slightly to "install the RIGHT DARNED
> CALLBACK to avoid this, dopey!" if that's ok.
>
> Grims

[View Quote]

HELP!! Fatal linking errors in C++!!

Jul 8, 2002, 8:26pm
Hi .duo.
it seems you forgot to link to aw.lib :)

What is your compiler ?

Regards,
MilesTeg

".duo." <ncommons at juno.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d2a0b21 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Whenever I try to compile a bot I get these linking errors:
>
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_term
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_destroy
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_wait
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_state_change
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_enter
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_login
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_string_set
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_int_set
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_create
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_event_set
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_init
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_say
> DuoBot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _aw_string
> Debug/DuoBot.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 13 unresolved externals
>
> Could someone help me fix this?

avatar_set

Aug 2, 2002, 7:59am
"chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
Xns925E704E7F3C6petrossa at 64.94.241.201...
> Has anybody noticed?
>
> The function aw_avatar_set works insofar that if the bot sets the av, as
> soon as the user moves the browser resets it to the value in the avatar
> list. Looks funny like an blinking light, if you put aw_avatar_set in
> aw_event_avatar_change...

Hi Chazrad,
What is your browser?
if it is the 3.4 beta version then you should post this bug report in beta
NG :)

maybe a beta tester could test it and confirm if it works or not.. :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

avatar_set

Aug 2, 2002, 8:47am
"chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
Xns925E799229837petrossa at 64.94.241.201...
> "milesteg" <MilesTeg at nerim.net> wrote in
> news:3d4a57e7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

[SNIP]

> i am not a member of beta, and it is the 3.3 build 419....

So I guess they started this new feature in 3.3 but didn t finish yet when
3.3 was released.. :)

avatar_set

Aug 4, 2002, 7:13am
"billybob" <bill at vectracon.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d4c88f1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> anyone read the beta newsgroup? This bug still exsists in 3.4 beta.
[View Quote]

Java SDK

Aug 5, 2002, 7:13am
"absolute monarch" <ultramew at ozemail.com.au at ozemail.com.au> a écrit dans le
message de news: 3d4e2dce at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Dear All,
> I recently got the 'Javabot SDK' and I was wondering was
> there a good manual out there to teach me how to use it. Thankyou for your
> attention.
>
> Yours Faithfully,
> Absolute Monarch
> 338508
> Mayor of Sapphire Estates-Aw 18000s 16000w

Hi Absolute Monarch,

the only informations I found about this SDK is here:
http://www.insead.fr/CALT/Project/AWJavaBots/

but its last update is 2 years old..... so don't expect to get the latest aw
sdk features ;)

Regards,
MilesTeg

Java SDK

Aug 5, 2002, 10:28am
well, read the source code of the few samples :)

"absolute monarch" <ultramew at ozemail.com.au at ozemail.com.au> a écrit dans le
message de news: 3d4e5be4 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> This is where i got the bot.....i dont think there is any info there..is
> there?

[View Quote]

[C++] Examples

Aug 19, 2002, 5:59pm
Hi Strike Rapier,
did you look at hambot? its source code is avalaible here :
http://www.hamfon.com/hamfon.htm#HamBot

Regards,
MilesTeg

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> a écrit dans le message
de news: 3d5facb4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Howdy,
> I was just wondering if anyone knew of a example C++ Bot project I
could look though to see how its all done, ive look at the example on the
sdk site but I learn best for projects that dtno need to be copied / pasted
into eachother etc.

> - Mark

AW_Create

Aug 24, 2002, 12:48pm
"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> a écrit dans le message
de news: 3d679990 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I fixed it, I use functions to set some globals, however AW_LOGIN_PASSWORD
was being set instead of AW_LOGIN_PRIVILEGE_PASSWORD :) Thanks for baron for
pointing out my stupidity and helping me getting it working. :)

> Now my only prob is its not recieving events even with all the events set
and the features installed.

> - Mark
Did you call aw_state_change?
because, if you re not in global mode, you need to call aw_state_change to
receive all the events related to avatars :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

Protocol Specs

Sep 9, 2002, 9:41am
"nephrael" <dmiles at users.sourceforge.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d7c7a13$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I am looking for protocol specs between AW servers and clients .. where
> would I find this? Is is secret?

It is secret.
Use their sdk instead :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

Protocol Specs

Sep 9, 2002, 2:50pm
unfortunatly, aw never released a linux version of their c sdk...
so sdk app can only be made for windows.

Regards,
MilesTeg

"nephrael" <dmiles at users.sourceforge.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d7ccd43$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I am writting bots for a linux only version of Prolog.
> Is there a linux/C version of the SDK?

[View Quote]

Protocol Specs

Sep 9, 2002, 10:38pm
You're welcome :)

You can use bot even in alphaworld , just be sure to make it enter far
enough from GZ

you can t send or receive telegram with the sdk
you have to handle collision detection yourself... sdk knows nothing about
rwx files....

Regards,
MilesTeg

"nephrael" <dmiles at users.sourceforge.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d7cf12a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Thanks for quick and honest replies!
>
> Most of the Prolog language AI code can run on windows. I guess I'll make
> toolkit for Prolog programmers to run bots. Mainly because I would like
> do enable robocup bots to run in AW soccer world (anyone familiar?
> http://www.robocup.org/)
>
> I definately would have though this was done at least once in AW =)
> Anyone know?
>
> Also I not sure if purchasing my own world (~$260) to serve is a good idea
> when I have not even proven to myself I can make a reliable proof of
> concept. Does anyone have public worlds that they dont mind having a
> couple test bots (and me join?) I would need some abilities to build a
bit.

> Also regarding Standard SDK.. (I will check the docs as well) Is there
any
> commands or interactions that aren't available that would be via the
normal
> client software?

[View Quote]

Help, AW Query .. . Sdk.AwCellNext (AwSdkOcx5), Mark? Anyone?

Sep 13, 2002, 9:09pm
only a global mode instance will make you receive AW_EVENT_OBJECT_ADD
without making an aw_query.

Regards,
MilesTeg

"john" <johnfricker at lineone.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d826527 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Nope... lol

[View Quote]

Help, AW Query .. . Sdk.AwCellNext (AwSdkOcx5), Mark? Anyone?

Sep 14, 2002, 1:29am
i think what he wants is the live update mode .. and i think ( i m not sure
tho ) it is not avalaible after a cell_next .
I know it is possible after a complete aw_query or in global mode.

Regards,
MilesTeg

"lord fett" <lordfett at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d82873c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> His bot doesn't have to be in global mode because I gave him query code
above and he said it worked.

[View Quote]

Java SDK - Early release

Oct 7, 2002, 1:35pm
Hi Frizzle :)
cooool, another java aw programmer ! ;)
I made a java sdk too but I haven't released it yet, as I am focusing on
Mutation's bot for now.
maybe I will release it someday :)
if you have any problem, contact me , I maybe ran into it already and could
help you :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

"frizzle" <jkaplan at axlogic.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3da0d208 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I've made an early release available of the Java framework I created to
> develop the Tekadence Magik module for bot development. I don't know if
> anyone else is working on a new Java implementation of the AW API, but it
> was easy enough to do myself. There is a lot of the API that hasn't been
> exposed yet (I'm working on it), but there is also a lot that is there.
I'm
> more interested in building up a high-level object framework than just
> simply doing the JNI work, so I'm trying to put a lot of though into
design.
> In any case, what's there I've posted on my website - including javadocs
and
> some sample code.
>
> http://www.axlogic.com/aw
>
> -j