wishlist a wish ?? (Wishlist)

wishlist a wish ?? // Wishlist

1  |

facter

May 7, 1998, 5:40am
Can we get soem sort of charter on this newsgroup ? There hasnt beena
post in here by any COF employee's , the only one was a post by ENZO
regarding the AWcommunity NG (it being a cross post)

I *know* what this NG is for, (a bit obvious). . .but . .. waht are you
going to do with it ? At the moment, it seems that it's a nice place to
post alot of fantasy stuff. Does it actually go anywhere ? Do you make
a database of our ideas ? Do you actually plan to implement any of
them, or are we jsut really pissing into the wind, so to speak .... Im
jsut very curious is all. It is a very popular newsgroup,a s you can
see, and, there are manymanymanymany posts in here , . . ...any of you
care to give us an aim to this newsgroup, coz, we acn post wonderful
ideas in here all we want, but on what ears is it falling ? =)

jsut emanerings in thought .. . ..

eep²

May 7, 1998, 5:42am
Fac, have you forgotten who we're dealing with? This is COF. They hardly have this degree of competence and organization to be storing and classifying all these ideas. Most are already on The List™, but I doubt Roland has the time to update it with all the ideas pouring into here. This newsgroup is probably nothing more than a way to put the citizens at ease into thinking what they want might actually be implemented some day...week...month...year...century.

[View Quote] > Can we get soem sort of charter on this newsgroup ? There hasnt beena
> post in here by any COF employee's , the only one was a post by ENZO
> regarding the AWcommunity NG (it being a cross post)
>
> I *know* what this NG is for, (a bit obvious). . .but . .. waht are you
> going to do with it ? At the moment, it seems that it's a nice place to
> post alot of fantasy stuff. Does it actually go anywhere ? Do you make
> a database of our ideas ? Do you actually plan to implement any of
> them, or are we jsut really pissing into the wind, so to speak .... Im
> jsut very curious is all. It is a very popular newsgroup,a s you can
> see, and, there are manymanymanymany posts in here , . . ...any of you
> care to give us an aim to this newsgroup, coz, we acn post wonderful
> ideas in here all we want, but on what ears is it falling ? =)

technozeus

May 7, 1998, 6:03am
Well, I can't speak for CoF, but it would make sense to assume that as long
as the developers are attempting to beat the clock putting in the features
that NEED to be in the version they are working on before they release it,
they probably won't spend much time looking for NEW ideas. My guess is
there will probably be quite a bit of time spent on sifting through the
complaints in this newsgroup in an attempt to find the best ideas and
suggestions or comments about them "after" the release of version 2.0 of the
ActiveWorlds browser, and most likely also "after" the release of the new
world server. Of course, I'm speculating, but if you think about it,
they're busy right now, and many of the posts here have been more personal
than productive so the productive ones will probably have to wait until
enough time can be set aside to "find" them.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

facter

May 7, 1998, 11:37am
that was the whole point of my post Eep, to find out if they really ARE committed to actually *using* some of the *free* information they are being given in here. Thats why im asking *them* , to formally post a charter for this NG.

Fac.

[View Quote] > Fac, have you forgotten who we're dealing with? This is COF. They hardly have this degree of competence and organization to be storing and classifying all these ideas. Most are already on The List™, but I doubt Roland has the time to update it with all the ideas pouring into here. This newsgroup is probably nothing more than a way to put the citizens at ease into thinking what they want might actually be implemented some day...week...month...year...century.

[View Quote]

facter

May 7, 1998, 11:39am
well, i know one thing, they have already committed to custom Avatars in version
2.1 . .. i hope the dont renege on it =))

also .. . really , bots wouldnt hurt. I have read SO many things on people
developing this software in the past going "bots are now a priority. . . . "

Fac.

[View Quote] > Well, I can't speak for CoF, but it would make sense to assume that as long
> as the developers are attempting to beat the clock putting in the features
> that NEED to be in the version they are working on before they release it,
> they probably won't spend much time looking for NEW ideas. My guess is
> there will probably be quite a bit of time spent on sifting through the
> complaints in this newsgroup in an attempt to find the best ideas and
> suggestions or comments about them "after" the release of version 2.0 of the
> ActiveWorlds browser, and most likely also "after" the release of the new
> world server. Of course, I'm speculating, but if you think about it,
> they're busy right now, and many of the posts here have been more personal
> than productive so the productive ones will probably have to wait until
> enough time can be set aside to "find" them.
>
> TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

dean

May 7, 1998, 1:55pm
Wish they would post the list and check off items as they are released.
But, haha, I know the list is not an actual list, but just an imaginary
one inside Roland's head. Correct me, if I am wrong.

[View Quote]

eep²

May 7, 1998, 5:15pm
It's an actual list. Ask Roland.

[View Quote] > Wish they would post the list and check off items as they are released.
> But, haha, I know the list is not an actual list, but just an imaginary
> one inside Roland's head. Correct me, if I am wrong.

grover

May 7, 1998, 10:42pm
I have a "to do" list for a large program i'm writing at work... It's only
been in the writing for about 6 weeks, and the list contains over 300
seperate items! But i'm slowly sifting it down, and it's just to 15 to-do
items right now. (I got all the "deficiancies" from the 1995 programmers
report fixed+, but only 2 of the original "wish list" the non-programmers
wrote up, LOL.) But, the #1 thing about it is to write all the ideas+bugs
down so they can be tackled as I get time or sudden flashed of inspiration.
If I were Roland, i'd just lurk in here, silently writing down ideas... if
you *talk* to people, its too easy to get bogged down trying to please
everyone, hehe

grover

[View Quote] > It's an actual list. Ask Roland.

http://www.grovers.com/ ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-.__
steve at grovers.com `6_ 6 ) `-. ( ). `-.__.`)
steve at synergycorp.com (_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
Custom Objects and Avatars! _..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
___________________________(il),-'' (li),' ((!.-'__________

dnapalm

May 9, 1998, 4:21am
No offense Steve, but if you took a programming job, you got a major screw
loose....get used to 80+ hour work weeks, with 35K as starting salary...:)

-DN

[View Quote] > I have a "to do" list for a large program i'm writing at work... It's only
> been in the writing for about 6 weeks, and the list contains over 300
> seperate items! But i'm slowly sifting it down, and it's just to 15 to-do
> items right now. (I got all the "deficiancies" from the 1995 programmers
> report fixed+, but only 2 of the original "wish list" the non-programmers
> wrote up, LOL.) But, the #1 thing about it is to write all the ideas+bugs
> down so they can be tackled as I get time or sudden flashed of inspiration.
> If I were Roland, i'd just lurk in here, silently writing down ideas... if
> you *talk* to people, its too easy to get bogged down trying to please
> everyone, hehe
>
> grover

[View Quote]

technozeus

May 11, 1998, 6:09pm
Only way to live. :)

[View Quote]

mom

Oct 3, 1998, 9:38pm
Hey I WISH that AW would have more av's to select from. The guys have
great av's but the girls are stuck with trash. it's not all that fair but I
know av's take time but MAKE MORE!!!

Dazy

pc wizard

Oct 3, 1998, 10:12pm
Why doesn't COF look at the avs from other worlds? they could ask people for
some of there avs for use in AW or wherever..... couldn't they?

PC Wizard ICQ-537376
wizardry at home.com
http://pcwizard.ml.org
[View Quote]

cdm

Oct 4, 1998, 4:23pm
if you are a world owner and can or know somebody who is willing to convert
and assemble avatars, check out the avs at this place:
htt://www.geo-metricks.com

Joakim and Fredrik "CyberTwins" Stai <cyber2 at online.no> wrote in article
<36177f6d.0 at homer>...
> Yea, for instance the VR-avatars in the world Patagonia (pata)!
> They're the best in AW, no doubt! (c:
> Hmm.. on second thought.. maybe the VR-avatars are only
> made for Pata?

cdm

Oct 4, 1998, 4:25pm
oops, that should be http://www.geo-metricks.com

joakim and fredrik \cybertwins\ stai

Oct 4, 1998, 8:57pm
Yea, for instance the VR-avatars in the world Patagonia (pata)!
They're the best in AW, no doubt! (c:
Hmm.. on second thought.. maybe the VR-avatars are only
made for Pata?

bryon l. snell

Oct 13, 1998, 9:06am
I donknow, I think Mystie looks good in shorts! (Sorry -MoM!)

Mom wrote :
>Hey I WISH that AW would have more av's to select from. The guys have
>great av's but the girls are stuck with trash. it's not all that fair but I
>know av's take time but MAKE MORE!!!

>Dazy

rune

Oct 14, 1998, 4:08pm
Yeah, I keep bothering Roland about the new aw feature "Custom Avs" where
an av of your choice could be used in any world, it would download off of
say, your web server or something of the sort. They are working on it
though, so hopefully it will be out SOONER THAN LATER!

-raiven-

flirbnic

Nov 2, 1998, 10:50am
I want to know how to make avs...

[View Quote] > Hey I WISH that AW would have more av's to select from. The guys have
> great av's but the girls are stuck with trash. it's not all that fair but I
> know av's take time but MAKE MORE!!!
>
> Dazy

grover

Nov 2, 1998, 7:42pm
http://www.grovers.com/avatars/rwav.html should get ya started... :)
grover

[View Quote] > I want to know how to make avs...