Talk About Active worlds (Community)

Talk About Active worlds // Community

1  2  |

equin0x

Feb 18, 2003, 5:44am
I know ALOT of people with 3.4.

[View Quote]

light form

Feb 18, 2003, 5:50am
Seems like everyone I know has it. They might as well just release it
already and take it from there.

LF

goddess innie

Feb 27, 2003, 7:37pm
HUH?! What are you talking about?! I dont see 3.4 anywhere, nor has it
been released.

[View Quote]

goddess innie

Feb 27, 2003, 7:38pm
Yes, how do you get a beta account?! I tried to get one ages ago, and they
said all the places are full for beta.

[View Quote]

light form

Feb 28, 2003, 3:10am
Bata is full Goddess, thats why its called a "closed bata." I have no doubt
E N Z O gave Jacob bata, not beacuse he thought he could improve it, or help
AW expand on it (which, might I remind you, is the real point of being a
bata TESTER) but rather beacuse Jacob no doubt telegramed or even e-mailed E
N Z O a considerable amount. Welcome to ActiveWorlds...

LF

"goddess innie" <ami at chazdesigns.com> wrote in news:3e5e8513
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> HUH?! What are you talking about?! I dont see 3.4 anywhere, nor has it
> been released.

He probably meant it was released to the beta team.

KAH

goddess innie

Feb 28, 2003, 12:00pm
no joke. nice work, huh?

be nice, get ignored, be annoying get the program.

oh well.

I think you'd be pulling your hair out if you had to read incessant pidgeon
english e-mails, even if they are gosh-darn cute. :)

Chris

[View Quote]

jacob the hero

Mar 10, 2003, 1:36pm
Bowen, Why Can't you Work in Newaw world, i got to go back to work on aw
beta tester!

[View Quote] I can, I am. Please Jacob, learn the language.

--Bowen--

lioness.

Mar 11, 2003, 9:46am
Huh?????? Jacob understand you we not!!! Know you English????? Or dislexic
you??? ;-"/

[View Quote]

johnny b jbitt2atjunodotcom

Mar 11, 2003, 10:52am
Some particular reason you all feel a need to be so rude and insulting to him ? Ever think maybe it hurts his feelings....
So WHAT if he doesn't speak english well...... That give you the right to cut him down and make fun of the poor kid ?

Jeez, some people *shakes head in disgust*

binarybud

Mar 11, 2003, 12:52pm
"poor kid"? I think not....this guy know what he's doing.... I see no typos at all..... what makes you think a 6 year old can type like Jacob does? "You can observe a lot by just watching"....:) Can't wait to find out about the REAL Jacob...:) Go Jacob Go!
lol

Leo :)

[View Quote]

johnny b jbitt2atjunodotcom

Mar 11, 2003, 11:54pm
That's ridiculous Bud.... somebody here had already traced his IP to a predominantly french speaking part of canada......

Why's it so hard to imagine that someone has a difficult time speaking or writing (which is even more difficult, when it's not your
native tongue) english.....

I mean come on already....... you can't expect a foreigner to just speak and write as well as YOU think they should...
That's just stupid ..... let's be a little more realistic here people.... sheesh....

I mean, unless you can PROVE he's not a kid or whatever and IS truly just screwing around, cut him a little friggen slack already..

There's just no excuse to be rude and demeaning to him, unless you're nothing but an inconsiderate asshole.... If so, well, I feel
sorry for you...
JB

[View Quote]

light form

Mar 12, 2003, 11:35am
French Canadians speak just as good English as they do French. Also, some,
including me, find it alot easier to write a second language than speak it.
So before you start having a hernia on what other people are writting, do
some research about what your gripping about.
On another point, the ActiveWorlds Universe is a English language program,
and while you do see many many citizens, and worlds representing different
languages, the main language still remains English. The newgroups are
dominated by the language, if not completely so. This means that when you
post here, you are expected to not only know where to post, but also to know
how to be understood in that post. Otherwise, that would defeat the purpose
of the post.

In other words, dont post here if you cant be understood.

LF

"light form" <Light_Form at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3e6f3793$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> French Canadians speak just as good English as they do French. Also,
> some, including me, find it alot easier to write a second language
> than speak it.

I doubt all speak English as well as they do French. I do know some French
Canadians that probably speak English better than French, but I'm sure
there are those who don't speak/write English too well. Some people
probably find it a lot easier to speak their second language than to write
it.

KAH

johnny b jbitt2atjunodotcom

Mar 12, 2003, 11:24pm
thank you.... finally SOMEONE with some recognizable intelligence shows up......

[View Quote]

johnny b jbitt2atjunodotcom

Mar 12, 2003, 11:24pm
[View Quote] No "gripping" going on here at all...... Only thing I see needs a "grip" here is your logic.... Regardless whether YOU find it easy
to write in a second language, Hardly means every other friggen person on the face of the earth does also.... *rolls eyes*

> On another point, the ActiveWorlds Universe is a English language program,
> and while you do see many many citizens, and worlds representing different
> languages, the main language still remains English. The newgroups are
> dominated by the language, if not completely so. This means that when you
> post here, you are expected to not only know where to post, but also to know
> how to be understood in that post. Otherwise, that would defeat the purpose
> of the post.

SO what you're saying is, "if you don't speak english well enough, piss off, and you won't be welcome or free to speak" ?

I guess that rules out about 75% of the worlds population

Get real....... that was about the stupidest, most narrow minded, bigoted thing I've seen written here so far.....

Unbelievable......

> In other words, dont post here if you cant be understood.
>
> LF

binarybud

Mar 13, 2003, 2:22pm
My POINT was to draw your attention to his typing skills and his spelling and the way he writes....this is no kid and he's good at english...good enough to make more sense than he does sometimes....I'm not belittleing him at all ,.... I am just trying to point out what all of you have seem to have missed...:) It's the ole "can't see the forest through the trees" thang...:)

Leo aka asshole :)

[View Quote]

johnny b jbitt2atjunodotcom

Mar 14, 2003, 2:15am
Your point is taken and the thought has crossed my mind prior, But I just don't see it as likely..... I might be wrong.
Then again, I haven't "talked" to him IN aw at all... can only judge by his posts.... perhaps you 'know' otherwise.....
BTW, As far as him being 6 years old, I've no idea where that came from.... I haven't the slightest idea how old he is.

Just think it's wrong when one person makes a disparaging comment about his grammer, and then the rest of the bunch starts insulting
the guy....

If he IS incapable of better english, we should all be a little more considerate..... certainly wouldn't kill anyone....

But god knows that's like trying to smell a fart in a hurricaine in here....

JB

[View Quote]

binarybud

Mar 14, 2003, 1:13pm