Deadly Shooting Spree In Montgomery County (In Maryland, USA) (Community)

Deadly Shooting Spree In Montgomery County (In Maryland, USA) // Community

1  |

chiklit

Oct 3, 2002, 5:55pm
Ok just a little background information for those of you that don't know
where montgomery county is it's in Maryland near Washinton D.C. in the US.

Five people are dead after what authorities believe to be a random shooting
spree in public places in several Washington D.C. suburbs. The shootings
happened within a one mile radius of one another. Detectives are attempting
to determine whether the shootings late Wednesday and early today were
related. Police are searching for a white cargo van with black lettering,
possibly with damage to the lift in the back. The first person killed was a
55-year-old man shot in the parking lot of a grocery store yesterday
afternoon. Then a man riding a lawnmower was killed this morning around
7:45. Another man was shot to death about a half hour later, while pumping
gas at a Mobil station. Roughly a half-hour later, a woman died at a post
office next to the Leisure World retirement community in Silver Spring after
being shot in the head. In the fifth shooting, a woman was shot and killed
at 10 a.m. at a Shell gas station in Kensington while vacuuming her van.

Baltimore County Public Schools Canceling Interscholastic Athletic Events

TOWSON (October 3, 2002) - Baltimore County Public Schools have cancelled
all outdoor afternoon and evening activities, including all interscholastic
athletic activities, as a precaution following this morning's series of
fatal shootings in Montgomery County.

All indoor activities, including parent-teacher conferences and evening high
school, will be held as normal.

ncc 72897

Oct 3, 2002, 7:34pm
PPL on AW doesn't care about a few gang kids shooting around which doesn't
even have anything to do with AW!
Don't post this unimportant stuff in the community NG!

joeman

Oct 3, 2002, 7:39pm
Attention, take your meds and calm down.

-Joe

I think what Neurotic Commander Crackhead here is trying to say, in his
not-so-subtle method, is that this should have been posted in
general.discussion.

For those people who *do* care...
robrod at prism.net

rossyboy

Oct 3, 2002, 8:35pm
You know, when I saw this post, I expected someone like NCC to get mad
and someoen like GK to calm him down and I was right hehe

chiklit

Oct 3, 2002, 9:38pm
geese sorry, I didn't know it would take some weirdo to kill 2,000+ people
just to be important

[View Quote]

elyk

Oct 3, 2002, 10:22pm
*cough* General Discussion. Nothing to do with AW.
[View Quote]

linn

Oct 3, 2002, 10:56pm
its true this has nothing to do with AW but amazes me how many of you out
there (not everyone) is sooo eager to humiliate ppl in public sigh
there IS a way to say things in private if you have to be nasty about it
..... this just happened to me over nothing sigh

Pay no attention to him. :) Thanks for the heads up. BTW guys... THIS is
why people don't post here! :( You take this self-policing thing _too_
far. A little is good, but this is ridiculous.

SW Chris
P is for Politeness. :D

[View Quote]

elyk

Oct 5, 2002, 5:50am
Welcome to the newsgroups *smirk*
[View Quote]

pc hamster

Oct 5, 2002, 9:08am
Hi everyone:

USENET would've been a better place.

And people think ME posting a pasted email to AW Abuse about an object pointing
to a PORN SITE was bad, but a shooting in Maryland doesn't even come close!!!

Where's Angry Mom DeDe on THIS one??????

NOW....If, by some MIRACULOUS chance, one of those killed just happened to be an
AW cit, THEN it would be different.....

Hey Chiklit...Were any of the victims an AW cit(s)??? If not, then PLEASE DO
NOT POST THIS STUFF ON HERE!!!!

Cheers for now everyone :-)

PC Hamster

[View Quote] > I think what Neurotic Commander Crackhead here is trying to say, in his
> not-so-subtle method, is that this should have been posted in
> general.discussion.

[View Quote]

pc hamster

Oct 5, 2002, 9:14am
Hi everyone:

Self-Policing is one thing, but Chiklit's post was WAY off topic as it made NO
reference to an AW cit.

But I do agree with you that there are times people DO get PICKY (the ATTN Brant
thread being a CLASSIC example of this), however this was NOT one of them...

Just my opinion....Cheers for now everyone :-)

PC Hamster

[View Quote] > Pay no attention to him. :) Thanks for the heads up. BTW guys... THIS is
> why people don't post here! :( You take this self-policing thing _too_
> far. A little is good, but this is ridiculous.
>
> SW Chris
> P is for Politeness. :D

chiklit

Oct 5, 2002, 1:19pm
If you're concerned about some little kid being traumatized because of this
then you should complain to the news site I got it from too. Anyone who can
figure out how to use the NG's can certainly find it just as easily. What if
some kid was doing homework and went to the site? I know of a lot of
articles that appear on www.time.com that although it is considered
acceptable for TV and for some use in school that some parents wouldn't want
their kids to see for some reason or another. Even though I haven't heard of
one parent that when their kid can use the computer effectively (it would
probably be different if they couldn't use it) that would go on their
computer and find the information they might need for homework or something
off the web for them so they don't see anything they don't want them too.
Have you ever watched Discovery channel with the FBI Files? If I'm not
mistaken they're rated TV-PG and even though they say parental discression
advised they say the same thing on a PG movie and I don't see any one
complaining about them. People are becoming so over-protective that in our
county discussions on 9-11 are now only allowed in high schools. Everyone
was there when it happened, and most people understand what was happening.
If not anything else I would think it would be important to explain this
instead of leaving kids to think that it's going to rain planes on their
houses. I don't know of anyone that'll make their kid go into another room
when the news is on so that they don't hear it. This is the same reason
AWTeen's rating has remained G even when AW's is PG and a vote was passed to
changed it but was overridden by MM. This only recently came to a consensus
where mild talks about religion and other current topics are allowed so long
as it is not directed as an insult towards a person. People who try and
build a bubble around them end up getting crushed in real life. I should
know because it happened to me.

PC, what did I tell you about breathing? You are really starting to
concern me, as you seem to be becoming more maniacal by the day...

It's JFK2, Revisited!
robrod at prism.net

johnny b jbitt2atjuno.com

Oct 5, 2002, 4:09pm
No kidding...... god save us from the drama queens :O/

Honestly, I think a news report about people being randomly murdered can
slip by. Or have people around here lost their sense if humanity? Come on
guys... lighten up. Even TF.N isn't as bad as this.

Chris
p.s. Don't use capslock... makes it seem like you're shouting. :)

[View Quote]

pc hamster

Oct 6, 2002, 1:33am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] > PC, what did I tell you about breathing? You are really starting to
> concern me, as you seem to be becoming more maniacal by the day...

I'm breathing Goober. No need to worry about me (although I thank you for your
concern :-)). I just simply pointed out (politely) that this wasn't a NG intended for
discussion of RL issues. That's what USENET is for. When was the last time you read
boulder.general ??? Or did you become as smart as me by staying away from there???
:-)

I also wondered where DeDe was because she was the *first* one to complain about the
Attn Brant thread. I'm just surprised she hasn't said anything so far...

*blink* What is it with your hard-on for DeDe all of a sudden? For the
record, she was *not* the first person to complain about your post.
Perhaps she actually has something better to do than bite on your
flame-stirring bait (something the real world calls a "life").

And if you consider your post a "polite" way of telling chiklit to go
elsewhere, then you have more issues than I first thought. Try reading
your own posts some time and you'll see what I mean.

PC Hamster: Putting the MENTAL back in judgmental...
robrod at prism.net

lioness.

Oct 9, 2002, 12:32am
Sorry you had to be criticized like that. Not all of us are as calloused and
cold as some other people in here. There are some people who enjoy picking
apart posts that they "feel" don't belong in here. They forget the
definition of "community", whether it concerns an AW cit or not. For all we
know, those people who were shot may have been AW citizens or relatives of a
citizen. It is not our place to judge these posts. Don't worry chiklit, your
heart is in the right place. Just remember that that kind of news usually
makes its way across the national and international news broadcasts in most
homes, not just online. ;-"D

Well put, lioness..

Chris

[View Quote]

chiklit

Oct 15, 2002, 2:34am
that's not interially true my friend in Belgium said that it wasn't on the
news untill the 7th shooting. Btw incase you haven't hear there have now
been 11 shootings and 9 people dead.

"chiklit" <chiklit at funetwork.net> wrote in
news:3dab9ac3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> that's not interially true my friend in Belgium said that it wasn't on
> the news untill the 7th shooting. Btw incase you haven't hear there
> have now been 11 shootings and 9 people dead.

I don't believe it got on the air here in Norway before today (9 dead
folks)...