The Video4 is out! (Community)

The Video4 is out! // Community

1  2  |

syntax

Sep 26, 2002, 7:22pm
"With Chess.........and CHECKERS!"

SWEET!! :-P
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net
http://forum.swcity.net

[View Quote]

pineriver

Sep 26, 2002, 7:24pm
I agree I could have put more stuff in

[View Quote]

johnny b jbitt2atjuno.com

Sep 26, 2002, 8:20pm
Well, you're mostly correct. I neglected to make the distinction between a
SINGULAR or a PLURAL possessive noun and that the "rules" are sort of
ambiguous.... My goof....

Taken from : http://junketstudies.com/rulesofw/faqs.html see FAQ No.
2......

When indicating possession, should an apostrophe come before or after the
"s"?
This rule varies a bit. Any possessive singular noun takes " 's ", even if
the noun ends in "s". (ex. Carlos's, Louis's) Any possessive plural nouns
takes " s' " (ex. the various activists' suggestions). However, Warriner's
English Grammar and Composition adds that singular words of more than one
syllable that end in "s" are sometimes given just an apostrophe (not " 's ")
to avoid too many "s" sounds.
An exception to this rule is the possesive form of "it", which takes only
and "s" with no apostrophe. See below for more info.

Here's a difficult side-issue: What about a name like "Louis"? This name may
be pronounced "Loo-is" or "Loo-ie". In the first case, I'd go with Louis's,
and in the second I'd go with Louis'. The apostrophe rule is not as
unambiguous as we might like in this case, but I doubt that either approach
would lead a reader into confusion.

As you see, both ways ARE correct, except the MORE correct way would be to
use Activeworlds' as the possessive singular noun, since it "sounds"
incorrect, in common speech (too many "s" sounds, as stated above) , which
is the goal in writing. To be read as if someone is speaking the text.

I think the REALLY important point is..........

Does anyone here truly care this much ? ;O)

JB
"Reader of Goober's entertaining sig's"

Not really. It should be the name of the program. Active Worlds. And that
is that.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

bitmaster

Sep 27, 2002, 11:23pm
pineriver,

I really could care less about the English, how it was used and who's
way is proper since your not in any competition. ;)
All I know is... It took a lot of time and effort to do that kind of
work, and for that I thank you for sharing it with me. You should be proud
of yourself for doing something on your own and feeling good enough about it
to release it to the public for free. Very impressive.

Sincerely
Bits

[View Quote]

maki

Sep 28, 2002, 1:42am
[View Quote] couldn't care less* if you could care less, then you must care sort
of...think about it.

maki awmaki.com

syntax

Sep 28, 2002, 3:46am
*think*

Say that again?
:-P
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

johnny b jbitt2atjuno.com

Sep 28, 2002, 12:08pm
In the video, you're correct, it should have just been "Activeworlds" which
IS the name of the Company/Program ... I was just talking about the " 's "
used in possessive nouns.... Christ, the "eepisnness" is contageous in here
*shutting up now, b4 I catch it, Hmm may be too late* ;O)

So Pineriver made a typo in it.... does anyone REALLY care ? He did a nice
job with it altogether :O)

JB

[View Quote]

bitmaster

Sep 28, 2002, 12:54pm
*think about it?*
Laughing ...
Stop it. It hurts. LOL
I was surprised you didn't correct the word English.
It would have been more appropriate to say grammar.
Ok, I thought about it. Can I go home now?

Jokingly
Bits

Eepishness? I'm sheepish sometimes, but definitely no eep. :) Just trying
to stave off the tidal wave of any further discussion on 'proper grammar'.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Oct 1, 2002, 12:42am
I must truely say, this is the cream of the crop, so to speak. You have done
an awesome job on the whole thing. I seriously think that AW should consider
using this as an advertisement for itself, and get us some more business!

pineriver

Oct 1, 2002, 2:04pm
Thank you, ( If aw gets some more business, then they can drop prices on
cits!) or is it the other way around? lol

> I must truely say, this is the cream of the crop, so to speak. You have
done
> an awesome job on the whole thing. I seriously think that AW should
consider
> using this as an advertisement for itself, and get us some more business!

de de cyber mom

Oct 1, 2002, 2:19pm
in Britain they saw a movie on tv about aw there was sudenly 98 ppl at the
gate
i thnk there have been over 300 ppl by now in total that came by after
seeing this the movie supose to be great if you can
make the movie of your in great quality and resolution
then you might be ok for aw
make sure the music u use is not copyright protected

i do like the movie i showed the previous movie to the ppl at the gate
it is a verry good idea keep on working

this is one of the movies from aw itself compete with the quality
http://www.activeworlds.com/3dhomepage/tutorial/popup.htm

"pineriver" <pineriver at thenett.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d99c798$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Thank you, ( If aw gets some more business, then they can drop prices on
> cits!) or is it the other way around? lol
>

> done
> consider
business!

pineriver

Oct 1, 2002, 4:50pm
Well Since I edited the music I don't think that there would be a problem. I
think the music has to be a 20% difference.

US copyright prevents you from using more than 30 seconds from any song or
track. Any more and you must pay royalties.

Chris

Oh, btw that is for non-profit use. If AW wants to use these as commercials
and the tracks you used in it are copyrighted, then they have to either get
permission or use different tracks.

However the track I would take, no offense, would be to get some free
airtime on technology shows and networks like TechTV and magazines and
journals as well. In uh, otherwords... actively solicite those shows and
mags to demo and rate your product. That solves the financial issue, I
think. :)

SW Chris

accually, if im not corrected, it was a 30 second mentioning on click
online. :)

"swe" <swe at emptyco.com> wrote in news:3d9b1e25 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> accually, if im not corrected, it was a 30 second mentioning on click
> online. :)

No, it was featured in a show called "The future just happened". There's
some stuff about it on
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/programmes/2001/future/default.stm

You can watch the video (realplayer stream, needs RealOne crap player) too: