People value. (Community)

People value. // Community

1  |

flagg

Oct 5, 2001, 6:02pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

The newsgroups you are now reading are here for the entire Activeworlds
community. They are meant as a place for the users of our software to get
help with problems and issues relating to Activeworlds. They are also here
to help our community get to know one another and plan events and projects
for inside Activeworlds. They are not and never have been designed as a
soap box for people to wage private vendettas against one another and it
also is not a place where you should have to worry about being attacked
through vulgarity and viciousness.

Now the personal attacks and vulgarity must stop. If you use our newsgroups
to wage a personal war or to attack other users you may have your right to
post here suspended indefinitely without warning.

The Activeworlds users reading this post now can rest assured that these
newsgroups will be used for the sole purpose of sharing information, ideas
and feedback in a pleasant and polite manner for all users, newbies or old
timers, and that we will not allow vulgar attacks against our customers.
Thank you...

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

syntax

Oct 5, 2001, 6:09pm
Well that does it... Buh bye, Bodhi.
--
- Syntax -
www.swcity.net (newly renovated)

[View Quote] > Now the personal attacks and vulgarity must stop. If you use our
newsgroups
> to wage a personal war or to attack other users you may have your right to
> post here suspended indefinitely without warning.

andras

Oct 5, 2001, 6:10pm
Thanks Tom! I hope you will apply this regulations with a heavy hand!
Andras

[View Quote]

just in

Oct 5, 2001, 7:06pm
Would be nice if all the flames of the past were removed. Most other
newsgroups clear out messages once they are a week or two old - I see no
reason why this should not apply here. It would also resolve the issue of
my request to get various postings deleted, which has never been followed
through. When asked the question "which ones do you want deleted" my reply
is "don't you mean which hundreds?"

Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

cozmo

Oct 5, 2001, 7:17pm
yes i agree...i myself am going to try and stop being so grouchy all the
time at people becuase if they even say the tiniest thing bit stupid or
insulting i blow up

Thanks, Flagg. So... does this mean the crusade era is over?
--
SW Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?

[View Quote]

tony m

Oct 6, 2001, 5:46am
Finally we get some authority around here.

[View Quote] >Hi Everyone,

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

WTG Flagg!!!!!!! I hope you'll be watching over these NGs closely!!

henrikg

I remember when the NGs were new, I think I read almost every post.
Nowadays I just skim past it in 5 seconds, knowing that most of it is just
filled with complaints, bickering and insults upon insults. Not a place I
care to get involved with much. I hope Flagg can clean it up a bit, any
improvment is welcome.

HenrikG

rpg helper

Oct 10, 2001, 6:54am
That won't happen in AW anytime soon. But if anyone would ask me what
ones to delete, I would be smart enough to say just my own and leave
the other persons rant and rave. When replying to someones rants and
raves you make yourself look 1 million more times stupid than the
person trying to get you into a flame war. Yes, I've read all the past
messages of Chucks and JFK2 regarding Just In. And when Just In
replied to either of them in his attempt to clear his name he only made
himself appear to be 1 million more times stupid than either Chucks or
JFK2 as they had gotten to Just In skin and got him to reply. Had he
used any smarts he would not have done anything and let all of them
blow steam and burn out. But i guess most people will be as stupid as
Just In was and reply to clear their names and thus feed the emotiosn
of the attackers and allow for them to get you or anyone they want into
some heated flame war.

"just in" <justefyde at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3bbe20d9 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Would be nice if all the flames of the past were removed. Most other
> newsgroups clear out messages once they are a week or two old - I see
> no reason why this should not apply here. It would also resolve the
> issue of my request to get various postings deleted, which has never
> been followed through. When asked the question "which ones do you
> want deleted" my reply is "don't you mean which hundreds?"
>
> Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

dotar sojat

Oct 10, 2001, 9:14pm
Well a good suggestion would be setting the NG server to auto delete any
post over two weeks old. That would clear alot of the junk out.

[View Quote]

cozmo

Oct 10, 2001, 9:54pm
he means junk not as old posts he means as the stupid morons who post stupid
moronic things

[View Quote]

birdmike

Oct 11, 2001, 12:06am
I haven't seen any indication that he's doing this yet.

Oh well, what can we expect?

no, it wouldn't be. think of all the NON-junk stuff that'd go into the
incinerator, eh? not a good idea at all... deleting content from NGs
automatically is for whimps ;-))