rpg helper // User Search

1  |

3.2 - the version from hell

Oct 10, 2001, 5:44am
I have what Just In has almost.
But i didn't install the new 3.2 at the advice of my friend JFK2.

And since he can't post here he has asked me to send all of you this
message. If any of you want to return to the more stable version of 3.1
you can obtain all the info for downloading and installing the old 3.1
at my friend's path server. It's the server that RPG uses BTW.
http://jfkworlds.com/aw31/

"just in" <justefyde at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3bb7f530 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I have a PII 300 64MB RAM, Video Card ATI Rage Fury Pro
>
> For no apparent reason, system locks up and I have to hard reboot or
> only AW will get a page fault. I tried a Dr Watson thing with the
> page fault and it said no memory. If I restart AW after an AW crash
> the crashes continue with regularity, even in other programs until I
> get the full system lockup. Timing is more like I can be going
> several hours, then AW crashes, and crashes on a restart within a few
> minutes, again and again, then system lockup.
>
> These problems began after testing the Open GL and Software
> rendering, both of which preformed far worse that Direct 3D. I
> tested these out on the second day. On the first day I did not have
> any crashes of any kind. Which has made me think the tests brought
> on the errors.
>
> No noticeable lag or frame rate change, things are generally
> brighter, objects with no texture mapping ignore the texture totally,
> I haven't seen any masking problems, and midis play same as always.
>
> Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

3.2 - the version from hell

Oct 11, 2001, 4:23am
I have a P2 366 128 RAM Video Card VooDoo5
and my friend JFK2 has the same as me but with a VooDoo3
But i didn't install the new 3.2 at the advice of my friend JFK2.

And since he can't post here he has asked me to send all of you this
message. If any of you want to return to the more stable version of 3.1
you can obtain all the info for downloading and installing the old 3.1
at my friend's path server. It's the server that RPG uses BTW.

http://jfkworlds.com/aw31/

This could be used as one way of fixing your computers with a browser
that isn't from hell.

People value.

Oct 10, 2001, 6:54am
That won't happen in AW anytime soon. But if anyone would ask me what
ones to delete, I would be smart enough to say just my own and leave
the other persons rant and rave. When replying to someones rants and
raves you make yourself look 1 million more times stupid than the
person trying to get you into a flame war. Yes, I've read all the past
messages of Chucks and JFK2 regarding Just In. And when Just In
replied to either of them in his attempt to clear his name he only made
himself appear to be 1 million more times stupid than either Chucks or
JFK2 as they had gotten to Just In skin and got him to reply. Had he
used any smarts he would not have done anything and let all of them
blow steam and burn out. But i guess most people will be as stupid as
Just In was and reply to clear their names and thus feed the emotiosn
of the attackers and allow for them to get you or anyone they want into
some heated flame war.

"just in" <justefyde at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3bbe20d9 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Would be nice if all the flames of the past were removed. Most other
> newsgroups clear out messages once they are a week or two old - I see
> no reason why this should not apply here. It would also resolve the
> issue of my request to get various postings deleted, which has never
> been followed through. When asked the question "which ones do you
> want deleted" my reply is "don't you mean which hundreds?"
>
> Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

What does it take?

Oct 10, 2001, 7:09am
What does it take to get AW to listen to the people and not their
wallet? The only way to get some company like AW to begin to consider
about helping out it's coustomers is for the coustomers to leave AW for
other universes and thus make AW go poorer. When they realize they are
heading into the RED ZONE as far as dollar revenue they usually will
take stok of themselves and make serious changes on how to help &
listen to coustomers complaints and wishes. It's the same trick that
many people that have a gripe against people will often do in other
places. VOW not to purchase AW products for the most part and force
the companies hands.

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at nckcn.com> wrote in
news:3bc3bb52 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hehe... my favorite saying is all over the tubes in London. "Mind
> the gap"
>=P As another aside, can you just picture a bunch of American
>tourists
> chanting that over and over again in a pseudo-brittish accent? I've
> seen it done. :D
> --
> SW Chris
> Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?
> http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

[View Quote]

What does it take?

Oct 11, 2001, 4:09am
At some point in time the owners of Dreamland Park Universe bought a
really big universe from Active Worlds. Now the trick is to make
Active Worlds feel a pinch from people Not buying direct from AW. So
you want to become a citizen, You buy it with Dreamland Park Universe.
You want a galaxy, You buy from Dreamland Park Universe. You want to
buy a universe, You buy from Dreamland Park Universe. What you are
doing is buying direct from Dreamland Park Universe and NOT from AW.
Thus AW is not getting any more new cit sales and that will start to
hurt at some point in time and make AW take stock of it's situation and
begin to think of it's policy towards helping it's coustomers or it's
coustomers simply jump ship to another place that will listen.

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at nckcn.com> wrote in
news:3bc46bf7 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> How do we know they are in the red zone? :)
> --
> SW Chris
> Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?
> http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html
>
> "rpg helper"
> <noneasyet at jfk2_please_set_me_up_with_your_path_server_fo.com> wrote
> in message news:Xns9136340F57AFEjfk2jfkmusiccom at 166.90.181.12...

What does it take?

Oct 11, 2001, 4:14am
Going to Outerworlds Universe won't help AW any. That is because once
you buy a universe for $$ amount, you don't ever have to pay yearly
fees to keep it running as you do with worlds. Even buying a galaxy
makes you imune to that yearly fee to keep it going routine. If you
force AW's hand then they will listen. But that is the only way that
the most of us could force AW's hand as most of us don't know enough
programming to do the forceful tricks of certain people by making their
worlds seem to be like a universe or galaxy.

"birdmike" <birdmike at home.com> wrote in
news:3bc4bb2e at server1.Activeworlds.com: