strike rapier // User Search

1  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  141  |

aw_object_add with special objects?

Apr 22, 2006, 5:07pm
As far as I remember I got it working once using blank settings, I dont have
the SDK to hand to check.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

[View Quote]

not yet!

May 10, 2006, 4:22pm
[View Quote] Its a limit Chris put in, note the top of the aw.h has several limits as
defines.

The movement one is a bit eugh, the others are imposed on all instances,
except CT (I think! Its been a long time since Chris and I were talking
about it).

Its to block major flooding, but its a pain in the ass for some things.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

Survey

May 20, 2006, 2:23am
[View Quote] C / C++ / Visual Basic / C#

> 2) What do you prefer to program in (in case they aren't they same
> answer)?

C++

> 3) Why do you prefer to program bots in the language of your choice?
> List pros and cons please!

Because its the almighty powerful language.

The new v4.1 Browser

Jun 2, 2006, 3:22am
What in the name of sweet jesus does this have to with the SDK? This is the
SDK newsgroup for programmers, stop spamming!

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

[View Quote]

SDK 60 hangs on aw_init

Jun 3, 2006, 5:03am
Has anyone else had any problems with the SDK hanging / dying on aw_init?

Im simply getting a message box, There was an error starting this
application.

Event viewer has zip on the matter, looks like a thread just hangs, any
ideas?

Command Line:

/Od /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_DEBUG" /D "WINVER 0x500" /D "_WIN32_WINNT
0x500" /D "WIN32_IE 0x500" /D "_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE" /D
"_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0710" /D "_MBCS" /GF /Gm /EHsc /MTd /GS- /Gy /Yu"StdAfx.h"
/Fp"c:\Documents and Settings\Mark\Desktop\Eclipse Evolution 1\41
debug\\$stdafx.pch" /Fo"41 debug\\" /Fd"41 debug"\vc80.pdb"" /FR"41 debug\\"
/nologo /c /Zi /TP /errorReport:prompt

Linker Line:

/OUT:"41 debug\EclipseEvolution.exe" /NOLOGO /MANIFEST:NO
/DELAYLOAD:"OleAcc.dll" /DEBUG /PDB:"c:\Documents and
Settings\Mark\Desktop\Eclipse Evolution 1\41 debug\EclipseEvolution.pdb"
/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT ws2_32.lib psapi.lib Kernel32.lib
wininet.lib winmm.lib gdiplus.lib aw.lib DelayImp.lib

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

SDK 60 hangs on aw_init

Jun 3, 2006, 5:35am
[View Quote] Andras,

That works, but would make developing an utter hell developing without the
ability to debug. Do you know what the reason is? and if so if it will be
fixed?

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

SDK 60 hangs on aw_init

Jun 3, 2006, 5:51am
[View Quote] Debug testing detected, bullshit alert found.

SDK 60 hangs on aw_init

Jun 3, 2006, 10:16am
I agree, its my f**king computer damnit, if it runs on my PC I want to be
able to rip it appart and find out what its doing to said PC.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

[View Quote]

[C++ 60] aw_init RC 518

Jun 4, 2006, 4:20am
Thats because the implementation is CRAP and it uses the current working
directory to find the license (see my posts in community about it)

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

[View Quote]

AW SDK Wiki

Jun 4, 2006, 4:52pm
Added a bit

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."
[View Quote]

AW SDK Wiki

Jun 4, 2006, 6:58pm
Bare in mind I have *no* idea how to use wiki formatting

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."
[View Quote]

AW SDK Wiki

Jun 4, 2006, 8:16pm
Could someone fire up a template for each method that includes:

* Minimum SDK Build
* Minimum World Server (Default ??)
* Minimum Universe Server (Default 3.5)

etc

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."
[View Quote]

SDK 60 and wxsocket

Jun 5, 2006, 3:55pm
Probably the self destruct on debug issue.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."
[View Quote]

aw_attributes_send

Jun 11, 2006, 8:41pm
Sounds like a bug...

Otherwise: Where do you get your initial attributes from.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."
[View Quote]

build 60 vb sdk?

Jun 18, 2006, 1:26pm
[View Quote] The VB SDK (like all VB related) is exposed via COM interfaces, it moved
away from its old property style years ago, as far as I know no-one uses the
old version.

The COM SDK always fits better with .NET because .NET is basically just a
high level COM system, if you have the ability to marshal the entire damned
thing to the C API then you can.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

SDK Developers : Pissed Off

Jun 16, 2006, 7:05pm
The following constitutes an open letter to JP McCormic.

JP,

Please allow me to express my absolute *horror* at this change, I thought
something was up but only Andras just pinned it down, but God only knows
where you are getting your advise on these things.

Historically Active Worlds has always used a 400x400x400 cube, every single
bot ever made that includes a beyond-visual-range calculation has used this
formula, it is hard coded into most bots. Not only is the cube method faster
in terms of processing time (a simple condition check vs. square root ) but
it also has other advantages.

Consider the area that a bot can view; with a 400x400x400 cube this is
64,000,000 cubic meters area, that fitting within a sphere of radius 200m is
167,551 cubic meters.

Imagine, therefore, that 200m of ground zero needs monitoring in each
direction. Under 3.6 we could monitor this with a single SDK instance (bot)
located at 0n 0w 0w, under this new system it would require a minimum of 4
bots as your 'cube' you can monitor is reduced to that bound by a chord at
45 degrees. In lemans terms you now have a 283x283x283 box and bang now you
need 4x the number of bots to monitor the same area, that's 4x as many
connections, 4x as much bandwidth on the uniserver and world server, 4x as
many bots to monitor over.

To be blatantly honest JP what with this ridiculous licensing, the self
destruct SDK and now this you are plain begging for the Active Worlds SDK
users to turn away from the SDK and move to other platforms. The SDK users
are the most powerful group of users in Active Worlds, more powerful than
Active Worlds Inc itself, regardless of which galaxy or universe they are
in, for every feature put into the browser or world there is almost
certainly a bot which one of us has made that does it twice as good as
whatever your own developers can come up with and hell, its what you would
expect, there's about 20 SDK developers vs the 2 programmers you have.

The company I am working for is soon to blow about $40,000 on developing a
massive RPG using the Active Worlds technology, and with the help of perhaps
100 custom bots I have even helped convince them that the platform has a lot
more potential - what I refuse to do is to waste their money by spending 40
thousand dollars on a project that Active Worlds Inc is going to sabotage by
destabilising the SDK by making stupid changes, adding low grade security
and logic bombs and other such things.

The SDK coders provide the majority of your income (at least for the main
universe); as you would have far fewer worlds if we did not make tools for
their owners to support them, nor would you have places like AWRPG, AD&D or
AWBingo etc with 40 users a piece.

The fact is this, you must:
* Remove the logic bomb for debugging
* Remove the license file (or at least make one that actually works)
* Convert back to the 400m cube range
* Complete the 4.1 documentation for the SDK
* Fix the crashes in the SDK on world disconnect etc.

If you need a financial reason why here it is: The SDK developers,
professional designers etc control 80%+ of all resources in or relating to
Active Worlds in terms of technology, designs and objects, now when we
consider that the platform has become unstable due to ridiculous and poorly
judged decisions from AWI we will have an extremely high chance of getting
together and building a new 3D platform from scratch - hell most of the
interactive systems already exist in most of our bots anyway, and it
wouldn't take long to add every feature Active Worlds has and that means
your business would drop very, very fast.

Stop sabotaging the damned SDK and its users, we are the one group of users
you cannot afford to lose.