Filtering out crEepS (Community)

Filtering out crEepS // Community

1  2  |

grimble

Apr 3, 2001, 10:20am
True ... True ....

Apr 3, 2001, 10:36am
--------------B9ECABA587134B9FD34F0BD4

Unless he was a real troll in R/L - I mean one of those green ones, covered with
hairy warts and beeing 6 meters high or so ;)

[View Quote] begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------B9ECABA587134B9FD34F0BD4--

agent1

Apr 3, 2001, 10:50am
[View Quote]
The public building worlds have a rating, I believe, but these newsgroups only have a charter. Maybe we should all go back and read it over...

-Agent1

grimble

Apr 3, 2001, 11:12am
[View Quote] > The public building worlds have a rating, I believe, but these newsgroups
only have a charter. Maybe we should all go back and read it over...

OK, fair point.

grimble

Apr 3, 2001, 11:14am
"agent1" wrote

> The public building worlds have a rating, I believe, but these newsgroups
only have a charter. Maybe we should all go back and read it over...

BTW ... where IS the charter?

j b e l l

Apr 3, 2001, 12:39pm
what good is a charter if there is nothing to enforce it- remember the pacts and treaties in WWII that hitler violated with
content.. who was to stop him? no one was enforcing.. no punishment for breaking them.. so what's the point all together?

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com
G O I N G P L A T I N U M

[View Quote]

xelag

Apr 3, 2001, 2:13pm
And a community has a sense of decency, whether it has a rating, a charter
or none. This newsgroup is rated 'all ages', it does not have a large X at
the door. Not only 'all ages', but 'all people', which means one should
respect others. For sure, from time to time discrepancies and fights will
emerge, like in any community. But this is no place for constantly bashing
people, insulting them, ordering them about as if one were G'd Allmighty,
consistently using foul and deprecatory language. I understand that AWCOM
has no obligation to stop this sort of attitude in here, and possibly also
lacks the means to do so. So for my part, I muted the guy... which won't
stop him. Unfortunately, a few people here actively help this guy to
continue insulting the community, so called because of his input. It is
very difficult to know what to do as an individual in this sort of case but,
frankly, I've had enough (for the second time, the first time I stopped
visiting the newsgroups for a few months).

XelaG

[View Quote]

agent1

Apr 3, 2001, 3:24pm
It's one of the first few posts, I think.

icey

Apr 3, 2001, 4:01pm
Why should he be laughing for? We like to bring up a good community and we care for its
NG ..is this funny?
icey

[View Quote] > What is interesting is that Eep was almost banned in the Worldbuilders newsgroup for
> all the same reasons for this discussion, and was warned that
> he would be if he continued the personal attacks. Then he tried it in Andras's
> newsgroups and was warned by Andras that if he continued, he would be
> banned. Now he is trying it here.... See the pattern? It would appear that Eep has
> a deep seeded need to be the center of attention. If he can't get it one way, he
> will try another. Since Eep never starts a discussion or topic unless it is either
> bitching about something or flaming someone, it would appear that Eep has very
> little creative thought that is positive in nature. Unlike Andras for instance, who
> brings out new utilities, and even a new way for multiple OP's. And others who are
> creative in a multitude of ways. While it can't be argued that Eep's world is the
> epittomy (spelling?) of 3.1's capabilities, he doesn't seem to be able to express
> himself appropriately in social situations. It would also appear that he loves the
> attention that we bring on him be discussing his behavior now. In fact, I wouldn't
> be surprised if he was sitting back and laughing his ass off watching us rant about
> him...At least he got our attention focused on him...And that is what he is after
> anyway.
>
> Just my .02.
>
> Holistic1

[View Quote]

grimble

> It's one of the first few posts, I think.

LOLOL ... c'mon ... its not going to get read THERE, now is it? Perhaps a
link off the activeworlds.com newsgroups page would be an idea ... assuming
its still relevant.

tony m

Apr 3, 2001, 7:29pm
Eep has a twisted sense of humor I guess...

[View Quote]

eep

Apr 4, 2001, 3:56am
<chuckle> It's funny how the TRUE insecure types feel the need to go around belittling people who actually stand up for what they believe in. Grimble, you don't know me off-line yet you think you can be a wanna-be shrink and psychoanalyse me, eh? Think again, sport. I don't find people off-line that talk about the things I am interested in as much as I find on-line; hence, I'm more passionate about my opinions. <shrug> Don't like it? Filter me--it's that simple. Persist in being lame and I'll simply filter YOU. Dig? Super. Now drive the fuck through, twat.

[View Quote] > Anti-sensorship? Geesh!

> Why should Eep have the right to abuse people just because he holds
> different views to them? This thread, and the others like it that have
> cropped up recently, are all about Eeps lack of respect for OTHER people's
> right to free speech. That's when people forfeit their own rights ... like
> when criminals bet banged up in jail for adversely affecting other people's
> lives.
>
> People hide behind the internet like this because its safe. Its pathetic and
> runs the danger of spawning a generation of over-opinionated, gutless idiots
> who can only express themselves in such a non-confrontational environment.
> Eep is simply the most affected person that most of us (that can lead a
> functional life in the real world) have experienced so far. The link that
> Andras has taken to posting onto these threads (heh heh ... nice one Andras)
> about Eeps exploits in other newsgroups indicates to me FAR too much time
> spent staring at a screen to express his opinions instead of facing the
> world and standing up for his beliefs. Its f**king sad! REALLY f**king sad!
>
> Everyone has the ability to filter Eep if they wish, but that's like moving
> home to avoid noisy neighbours. It shouldn't be our problem to sort out ...
> its his problem and if need be, he should be restricted from affecting other
> people's lives in this way!!
>
> Anti-censorship is idealistic crap ... and it takes a VERY weak-minded
> person to need to feel the need to hide behind that for a little validation.
>
> Sorry it had to be your post I latched on to, Wing. Its the culmination of
> ploughing through endless threads of "twitf**kwit" garbage from a lowlife.
> As far as I am concerned you put yourself out there to be shot at by
> bringing such a subjective topic into an unadulterated flame war.

[View Quote]

eep

Apr 4, 2001, 4:07am
[View Quote] [View Quote] That's your incorrect assumption. I'm not as...to-the-point off-line because there are many MANY more "social cues" to react/relate to. On-line (at least textually) there are not so I tend to lay off the "fluff social crap" and stick to the point. Unfortunately, most people aren't as...skilled at this and so they tend to rely on the traditional face-to-face crap which gets in the way of the actual topic at hand. <shrug>

> the
>
> Wasn't aimed at you ... or anyone in particular. You're far too touchy
> (which kinda helps make my point about surviving in the real world).

And if you want to "survive" in the virtual world you're going to need to pay attention more to what you write if you don't want people taking offense to what you write. Me, I offend PURPOSELY; if you offend and aren't aware of it, you need to stop being so oblivious to what you're actually communicating (textually in this case).

eep

Apr 4, 2001, 4:17am
Actually, if you talk to people who know me (off-line OR on-line), you'll find I DON'T like being the center of attention--in fact, anything but. Unfortunately, it's actually the low self-esteem people who feel the need to talk about me because they are probably impressed by my assertiveness and opinions--of which they wish they could emulate (to a certain degree in most cases). At any rate, it's easy to be more "outgoing" textually for the simple reason of not having to deal with the real-time social crap. <shrug>

So perhaps you and the others so intently analyzing MY actions should actually look into the mirror and analyze YOUR reaction to me...

[View Quote] > What is interesting is that Eep was almost banned in the Worldbuilders newsgroup for
> all the same reasons for this discussion, and was warned that
> he would be if he continued the personal attacks. Then he tried it in Andras's
> newsgroups and was warned by Andras that if he continued, he would be
> banned. Now he is trying it here.... See the pattern? It would appear that Eep has
> a deep seeded need to be the center of attention. If he can't get it one way, he
> will try another. Since Eep never starts a discussion or topic unless it is either
> bitching about something or flaming someone, it would appear that Eep has very
> little creative thought that is positive in nature. Unlike Andras for instance, who
> brings out new utilities, and even a new way for multiple OP's. And others who are
> creative in a multitude of ways. While it can't be argued that Eep's world is the
> epittomy (spelling?) of 3.1's capabilities, he doesn't seem to be able to express
> himself appropriately in social situations. It would also appear that he loves the
> attention that we bring on him be discussing his behavior now. In fact, I wouldn't
> be surprised if he was sitting back and laughing his ass off watching us rant about
> him...At least he got our attention focused on him...And that is what he is after
> anyway.

grimble

Apr 4, 2001, 5:41am
Hey ... big deal. That's my opinion ... so I shared it. Bite me.

[View Quote]

grimble

Apr 4, 2001, 6:06am
OMG ... I stand totally aghast ... TOTALLY! Speechless !!

[View Quote] it's actually the low self-esteem people who feel the need to talk about me
because they are probably impressed by my assertiveness and opinions--of
which they wish they could emulate (to a certain degree in most cases).

and ...

not having to deal with the real-time social crap. <shrug>

icey

Apr 4, 2001, 6:11am
I don't think I have really read all posts..but I noticed they were all caring
about this NG rather than talking about you
icey

[View Quote] > OMG ... I stand totally aghast ... TOTALLY! Speechless !!

[View Quote]

grimble

Apr 4, 2001, 7:36am
Ummmm..... pardon?

[View Quote]

icey

Apr 4, 2001, 7:44am
LOL

[View Quote] > Ummmm..... pardon?

[View Quote]

grimble

Apr 4, 2001, 8:12am
Still not with you icey ...

I just made some flippant comment regarding a certain's person's belief that
other members in the NG aspire to achieving his advanced level of forming
opinions/being assertive and that social, personal interaction and the
etiquette that goes with it was ... and I quote ... "crap".

When did this become about me? I was just joining in the discussion.

[View Quote]

icey

Apr 4, 2001, 9:11am
I don't think I have really read all posts..but I noticed they were all
caring about this NG rather than talking about you
icey

[View Quote]

icey

Apr 4, 2001, 9:13am
grimble...i wrote 'you' but that was 'him'....do you like this better?

Apr 4, 2001, 11:05am
Hard to follow those little dotted lines when the screen is not 40"
wide ;)

[View Quote]

moria

Apr 4, 2001, 8:57pm
[View Quote] dream on newbie troll.

Moria.
(proud member of eeps killfile list)

datedman

Apr 5, 2001, 12:10am
Yah you can call the Troll newbie, I remember when I metcha. :) As I recall
you were trying to build Meridian in AW out by the teleport station hehe.

[View Quote] [View Quote]

moria

Apr 5, 2001, 5:06am
LOL too right, in fact that castle I built out there is still there..
surprised the heck outta me when I went back:))

So is the maze underneath it, and ya know??? perhaps I never stopped trying
to build Meridian.. am now playing with a set of bots for RPG style gaming,
who knows.. maybe one millenium:))

Moria

[View Quote]

jfk2

Apr 7, 2001, 9:07pm
Will... I have a newer computer than you do. lol... But it's hard to
read the messages wehn all you see is
about 500 something lines long.
Over quotes and no one like to kill off these blasted long things...

JFK2 Takes out his GUN. Looks to see it's loaded.
It is. AIMS at all of those people who love to let these messages
become a nightmare in length... BAM!!! Right in their
brain it goes.
Smiles and says to himself... Now... Maybe one person will get the hint.
And to think i HATE guns... Ohhh Well...lol