ActiveWorlds IRC. Does it exist? (Community)

ActiveWorlds IRC. Does it exist? // Community

1  2  |

imagine

Mar 4, 2001, 3:37pm
I just opened 3 bots at one time, and this is on Hamfons site:

HamBot supports up to twenty simultaneous Bots (although ActiveWorlds.com
currently limits you to three simultaneous bots on one citizen number).

So, no, I am not misinformed and yes, it looks like you are being cheated :)

Imagine

[View Quote]

wing

Mar 4, 2001, 4:06pm
I stand corrected, I can now run 3 bots. Last time I ever ran more than one
was in August or somthing. Either I got confused or somthing got changed.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------B38E15E4C3AF501047C6C6B6

maybe one of them a bot with more than one instances? (e.g. birdbot)

wing schrieb:

> I stand corrected, I can now run 3 bots. Last time I ever ran more than one
> was in August or somthing. Either I got confused or somthing got changed.
[View Quote] begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------B38E15E4C3AF501047C6C6B6--

imagine

Mar 4, 2001, 6:29pm
There are bots that can be linked so you can have 3 bots open, each in a
seperate world and still see all the chat from those worlds on only one
screen. Magine says magbot will do that. No switching from screen to screen
:)
If they do put a beacon option on the aw browser, I hope they also put a
world owner option that would disallow the use of it in the world without
permission.
Imagine

[View Quote]

rolu

Mar 4, 2001, 8:05pm
[View Quote] Still would have to switch between AWbrowser and the bot.

> If they do put a beacon option on the aw browser, I hope they also put a
> world owner option that would disallow the use of it in the world without
> permission.

hmm... prolly.

rolu

wing

Mar 4, 2001, 8:46pm
[View Quote] without

> hmm... prolly.

Enter the Rights dialog.

james w

Mar 10, 2001, 8:36pm
I have found the cure to all this bickering about Distenceless chat in
AW.....

Get on AW, and In the browser, enter the following:
http://members.nbci.com/jameswyatt/AW/AW-IRC/AW-IRC.html

There is a javascript IRC applet, where you can access FOUR AW related
Chatrooms. (ActiveWorlds, AWGate, AWBingo, & AWBuilder)

Now, wherever in ActiveWorlds you are, you can keep in contact with other
Users..

Seems simple to me.........

tony56

Mar 11, 2001, 8:00am
yeah... if you have IE installed so the AW web window works. next? :)

[View Quote]

james w

Mar 12, 2001, 10:48pm
Ok Tony, Just for you, and other non IE users, and others.. I've added Info
for people who want to use mIRC, and other IRC "client" software.
Server list, and Room list..

I know in mIRC, you can display a chatroom outside of the mIRC program, so
you should be able to access AW, and have the irc room below the AW
browser...

AWAWAW
AWAWAW
AWAWAW
IRCIRCIRC

James.....
[View Quote]

ox64

Oct 16, 2001, 10:36pm
Agreed. The names should show up upon entry in a world of the within the
200m chat range, or at least give the worldowner the option to
enable/disable that feature. I don't like nameless stalkers buzzing around
me trying to watch my every move. If they can see who I am then I should be
able to see who they are!

Ox64

[View Quote]

agent1

Oct 16, 2001, 10:40pm
Post was seven months old...

lady jude

Oct 17, 2001, 1:34am
-Hint-

You can always do the *gotcha sucker* I/O message in your world :o)

Immigration Officer: Roland would like to join you. Type 'y' to accept this
request, or 'n' to reject it.

LOL...got snagged the other night on that one.

Thanks for the good laugh guys and *Hugs*

:D Very cool dirty little trick.
--
SW Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?

[View Quote]

brant

Oct 17, 2001, 11:45am
Actually, I did that in AWTeen during the Cy Awards party. There were 105
people in the world at the time gathered in one place, and instead of making
Roland appear to join everyone, I made AW say:

Immigration Officer: Eep would like to join you. Type 'y' to accept this
request, or 'n' to reject it.

There were so many 'n' s that I couldn't count them all!

LOL,

-Brant

[View Quote]

ox64

Oct 18, 2001, 8:32pm
Might be 7 months old, but better late than never ;)

LOL! u think thats a dirty trick!?!?!
AWST Gavroache got roland and e n z o to tell me they wanted to hire me as a
modeler,imagine how embarassed i was when roland asked me about if i ever
saw one of those ads where u phone someone phones a friend of yours lies to
them,and then tells them and they get really angry!

know if i can only find a way of getting back at him!