take a while :-(( I'm using a machine that I can't use very much right now.

KAH

wing

Feb 22, 2001, 4:16pm
Contact your ISDN provider. I also experience this occasionally, it's caused
by a situation that occurs with alarming frequently at my ISP's local center
which causes my login information to be deleted from the server for a
temporary period (apparently, I cost them money) and my connection does not
drop, but all data except for functions related to them stops transferring.
Evil people...

--
Wing
This little spot is dedicated to my girl, Jessie.
AW Citizen 305004 "Wing"
bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

xero

Feb 22, 2001, 4:29pm
Windows ME sucks, you shouldn't have upgraded and just waited for Windows XP
which comes out in 5 months.

--
-Xero
IM: o0 Xero
xero at darkvapor.com
http://www.darkvapor.com

anduin lothario

Feb 22, 2001, 5:12pm
[View Quote] May I add something there KAH....? Well first of all, they don't need to
install any lines, ADSL uses your current and normal phone-line.
All they need to do is install all of the hardware that your machine will
needand so forth.

Anduin Lothario
--
AW Community Register
www.awcommunity.org/awcomreg

well, I can connect on the SAME line on this computer, running Win 95. Both
are in the same house (mine), on the same line, but I can't use this one
much, and anyway, it stinks

KAH
PS. also, because of these problems, my news server (kahnews.cjb.net) isn't
up either

kah <hiorth at sensewave.com> skrev i
meldingsnyheter:3a95383c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I upgraded to MS Windows ME yesterday on my
machine
> and now my internet connection won't work! I use single ISDN with a TeleS
> Bri/16.3 card, it dails the connection and gets connected to my ISP, but
> only one application seems to transfer anything (an ad-thingy, not very
> usefull). I'm in desperate need of help, I've ordered ADSL but they
haven't
> given me information on when they're coming to install the line, it could
> take a while :-(( I'm using a machine that I can't use very much right
now.

> KAH

wing

Feb 22, 2001, 7:25pm
If you can't resolve it by updating the ISDN drivers or contacting your ISP,
I suggest you dig up your Win98 CD and put it back.

bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

wing

Feb 22, 2001, 7:31pm
*sigh* Why don't those idiots at Microsoft get a brain and stop using
letters? Win3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, ME, XP, AS, DF, GH, dude, I don't see how I
can remember this stuff sequentially.They keep changing the damned
identification. And why keep beating it to death? WinME was rushed, making
it WORSE than Win98 (Which was many years in the making and an EXCELLENT
improvement over 95). Win2k was a long and well thought out upgrade from
NT4. Personally, I'm sticking to 98 and 2k until Microsoft makes a
phenominally better effort at continuing the NT and 9x line like they did to
get these 2 versions. Of course, NT5 and 98 will become unsupported by newer
DirectX versions and I'll be forced to upgrade out of MS's evil
corperateness (I know they've been ordered to break up, but it isn't
happening for another 100 years or more)

bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 22, 2001, 8:01pm
you've gotta set up the network again.. i had to do it with my cable
modem... when you got dsl.. did they give you a disk or anything? setup
programs needed should be on that..

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

andras

Feb 22, 2001, 8:06pm
Can you read top down?:

Windows CE
Windows ME
Windows NT

Hard as cement, dumb as a brick :)
Andras

[View Quote]

holistic1

Feb 22, 2001, 8:16pm
LOL

[View Quote] > Can you read top down?:

> Windows CE
> Windows ME
> Windows NT
>
> Hard as cement, dumb as a brick :)
> Andras

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 22, 2001, 8:26pm
that's the funniest thing i've ever seen.. lol

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

wing

Feb 22, 2001, 8:28pm
Wow, that's the best compliment I've had all day.

bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

builderz

Feb 22, 2001, 9:28pm
I remember seeing that posted in one of the GRC newsgroups. I couldn't
stop laughing the first time I saw that. =)

Builderz
Stuff-X - Bot & World Hosting
http://www.stuffx.com/aw/

[View Quote]

rolu

Feb 23, 2001, 10:15am
[View Quote] I bet XP will suck too. It will look fancy and great and all, but under the
hood, it will suck. Just like every other MS OS.

rolu

I've ordered it, they want to come home to ppl and put up another box next
to the ISDN one, they haven't been here yet, they're supposed to give me a
CD then, but I'm still on ISDN, with the latest ME drivers from the card
manufacturer

KAH
j b e l l <jbell1983 at home.com> skrev i
meldingsnyheter:3a958c45 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> you've gotta set up the network again.. i had to do it with my cable
> modem... when you got dsl.. did they give you a disk or anything? setup
> programs needed should be on that..
>
> --
>
> J B E L L
> http://platinum.awjbell.com
> G O I N G P L A T I N U M

[View Quote]

andras

Feb 23, 2001, 1:15pm
[View Quote] What do you think where is my humor source :) grc.ten-forward !
Andras

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------8F94B1DB1AD8D542AFEBC6A6

In germany you have the option to install the box yourself, that saves
you even 100,-- DM (that's about 50$).
Maybe your phone company offers the same and they just didn't tell you
as they want your money?

kah schrieb:

> I've ordered it, they want to come home to ppl and put up another box next
> to the ISDN one, they haven't been here yet, they're supposed to give me a
> CD then, but I'm still on ISDN, with the latest ME drivers from the card
> manufacturer
>
> KAH
--------------8F94B1DB1AD8D542AFEBC6A6

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------8F94B1DB1AD8D542AFEBC6A6--

datedman

Feb 23, 2001, 11:26pm
And it's SNITCHWARE!

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Doubt that...there's no offer like that here :-(( I guess it would be
better, as I could've done it before they have time

KAH
ananas <vha at oct31.de> skrev i meldingsnyheter:3A968B26.200FC37 at oct31.de...
> In germany you have the option to install the box yourself, that saves
> you even 100,-- DM (that's about 50$).
> Maybe your phone company offers the same and they just didn't tell you
> as they want your money?
>
> kah schrieb:
next