pointedly at Hamster*

Now, for the love of COB, would everyone *please* just knock it off?! :P

The voice of reason
awnews at awnews.org

"goober king" <awnews at awnews.org> wrote in news:3f38c91c$2
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Has the entire NG community suddenly gone mad? Weebo's cracked and
> raving like a lunatic, Crazy Pills thinks everyone's out to get him,
> Hamster's ranting in his own little world, as usual, and everyone else
> seems to be more interested in stoking the fires than putting them out.

I think Crazy Pills gave Weebo some "candy".

KAH

weebo

Aug 12, 2003, 10:10am
no, Lotto will not be a pervert with me around! He has to know i'm pissed.
let him knaw on the wheels or something lol.

[View Quote]

calhoun

Aug 12, 2003, 4:04pm
I think so, don't forget Jacob The Hero got spyware and doesn't believe
anyone (as usual) except everyone is going mad ....

* puts on Gasmask to not breath in virus

emm, yes, so if we are not going to talk about things that happened outside
the ngs, how are anything going to get in? wouldn't that make the ngs
rather pointless and useless? stop complaining...

-SWE

[View Quote]

jacob the hero

Aug 12, 2003, 9:47pm
I did not have a SpyWare, The Dll is To Hotbar...EVeryone hates me...(sigh)
I Have no Friend!
[View Quote]

shred

Aug 12, 2003, 11:32pm
Hotbar *is* spyware. That's what the people in Community were trying to tell you.

If you don't believe what you're told here, go find out for yourself. This is from hotbar.com's very own privacy policy (viewable via the main page):

"HOTBAR COLLECTS AND STORES INFORMATION ABOUT THE WEB PAGES YOU VIEW AND THE DATA YOU ENTER IN SEARCH ENGINE SEARCH FIELDS WHILE USING THE SOFTWARE. HOTBAR USES THIS INFORMATION TO DETERMINE WHICH ADS AND BUTTONS TO DISPLAY ON YOUR HOTBAR TOOLBARS AND WHICH ADS TO SHOW YOUR BROWSER. HOWEVER, HOTBAR DOES NOT (A) ASSOCIATE OR STORE SUCH WEB USAGE DATA OR SEARCH INFORMATION WITH ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION SUCH AS NAME OR EMAIL ADDRESS OR (B) ANALYZE SUCH WEB USAGE DATA OR SEARCH INFORMATION TO DETERMINE THE IDENTITY OF ANY HOTBAR USER. SOME INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE HOTBAR SOFTWARE IS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE, SUCH AS NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IS STORED SEPARATELY FROM THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE WEB PAGES YOU VIEW AND THE DATA YOU ENTER IN SEARCH ENGINE SEARCH FIELDS AND THE TWO TYPES OF INFORMATION ARE NOT CORRELATED OR LINKED. FURTHERMORE, HOTBAR DOES NOT USE THIS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO DETERMINE WHICH ADS A
ND BUTTONS TO DISPLAY ON YOUR HOTBAR TOOLBARS OR WHICH ADS TO SHOW YOUR BROWSER."

"If you are only visiting the Hotbar Web site (www.Hotbar.com), we collect the following information: the full Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") of the Web page from which you came to www.Hotbar.com; your Internet Protocol ("IP") Address, which may include a domain name; the date and time for each page you view; the name of and information about any advertisement that brought you to the Hotbar Web site; Computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform. We also transmit cookies to your computer so we can track the pages of our Web site that you view and the order in which you view them. If you download and install the Hotbar toolbar software (the "Software"), we collect any information voluntarily provided by you during the installation and registration process, which can include your email address as well as demographic information such as gender, age, occupation, household income, zip code and country. We also collect the n
ame of and information about any advertisement that brought you to the Hotbar Web site or download. Non-personally identifiable demographic information is correlated to Web usage information collected during use of the Service, but we do not attempt to determine your identity by analyzing this information. When you download the Software, and at times during your use of the Service, we transmit Hotbar cookies to the hard drive of your computer. These cookies assign your Web browser a unique series of numbers, letters, or characters (your "User ID") that enable Hotbar's servers to recognize and identify your Web browser when you are using the Service. They also enable Hotbar to track and store information about your Web usage path."

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Aug 13, 2003, 7:04pm
wow, I for once am speechless. *shrugs and goes back to role playing in
awrpg*

starfleet

Aug 13, 2003, 7:54pm
How's Kat?

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Aug 13, 2003, 8:34pm
she's good :-) we've all been really busy though, out of character, trying
to prepare for this quite large expansion comming, so it keeps us busy

chris cat

Aug 14, 2003, 4:08am
[View Quote] *Searchs for staple gun*

jstone2004