GKs and their Perks (General Discussion)

GKs and their Perks // General Discussion

1  2  3  |

rossyboy

May 2, 2003, 6:01pm
AWHack can't do anything really serious. I'm not a programmer or anything
but I'm pretty sure stopping AWHack from working would make AW a lot
slower. Simply AWHack edits the AW browser in the RAM so it displays stuff
it normally hides and thinks it can go where it can't go.

"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage(dot)com> wrote this
(news:3eb14549 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in general.discussion on 01 May
2003:

> well actually I was thinking of the ones who pretend to be GK s etc
> and come into worlds with AWhack programs and upset world owners who
> can do nothing about it since AW knows this happens and does nothing
> to help rid the problem

count dracula

Jul 2, 2003, 1:00pm
I doubt the small benefits the GKs get is the reason they become GKs. I know
some people work really hard to help out and I think it is fair they get
some kind of reward, however, since there seems to be some GKs that eject
people out of personal reasons or because of lack in knowldge, I would
suggest there was a " group" that would monitor the actions of GKs. It
should be people who has a sense of fairness and common sense. This only
because AW (the company) seems to not take any interest in the fact that
quite a few people are upset with these "bad" GKs.

Drac
77 <n0zoa at attbi.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3eaf0c21$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I you ask a GK why they do what they do it is always because they like to
> help people, or at least that is what they say, I wonder how many Gks
would
> still be GKs if they took all the perks like 50% off AW purchases and
> citizen extensions and make Gking Completely voluntary with no perks ( I
> wonder how many would stick around). There should be a board in the gate
> telling what gatekeeper is suppose to be on duty for all to see witch ones
> don't show up for their shift and I think if they do not show up for their
> shift after certain amount of days should have their cit extensions
revoked
> and have to pay to renew it, because after all that is what they get that
> perk for and they should be doing what they get those perks for

already being discussed in one of the topics, well, a whole citizen council
thing, for more then just GKs :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

.duo.