A really bad joke :D (General Discussion)

A really bad joke :D // General Discussion

1  |

r i c h a r d

Mar 21, 2003, 9:49pm
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robbiekhan/cupholder.htm

[View Quote] Looks like the code would scroll through all your CD-ROMS and eject them all. Not
exactly a single cupholder.

It's especially bad because it only works in IE. :P

Netscape: Protection from IE Stupidity
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

carlbanks

Mar 22, 2003, 1:06am
ROFLOL!

[View Quote]

maki

Mar 22, 2003, 2:07am
carlbanks <CarLBanks at insight.rr.com>:
> ROFLOL!

hey, i didn't think it was too funny. scared the crap out of me. :(

maki

lioness.

Mar 22, 2003, 3:15am
I thought at first it was harmless but according to some others I sent the
link to its a trojan. ;-"<

[View Quote]

maki

Mar 22, 2003, 4:32am
i highly doubt that. people in the gateway are just paranoid. seems that
person's webpage is just a fun 'harmless' site. i took a look at the code
and it just simply looks like a windowsmediaplayer/windows code, i had
virusscan open when i visited it as well, didn't notice a thing. oh well.
was worth the laugh, regardless of whether i can turn on my computer
tomorrow or not. ;) (good excuse to get a new one!)

maki
[View Quote]

r i c h a r d

Mar 22, 2003, 9:49am
Its no Virus just a bit of code that opens the drive no trojans I inspected
the code and tryed it my self before posting

[View Quote] Not everything that can access parts of your computer that you press a button for is
a virus/trojan/worm. Some people are way too paranoid.

--Bowen--

sw comit

Mar 22, 2003, 8:28pm
lol that's pretty neat, surprised I never ran into that before. Would think
MS would consider that a bug O_o

[View Quote] Are we talking about the same MS?

--Bowen--

lioness.

Mar 22, 2003, 9:39pm
(shrugs) The person who told me it was a trojan detected it with her
Norton. Another person who at first told me she didn't get any warnings told
me 20 minutes later she ran her Norton on it and also detected it. TheLion
has all kinds of virus detectors on this thang and nothing popped up to warn
us.... so I dunno. ;-"/

[View Quote] It's probably detecting a script that could be malacious.

--Bowen--

sw comit

Mar 23, 2003, 10:48pm
Microsoft. I mean I would think they'd have a security patch for that; even
though it's pretty much harmless (I think) it can be abused =O

lol at your on one of those special computers with hundreds of cd-roms.

[View Quote] My other computer has 3, it ejected all 3 of them when I sent the link to my mom.

Potentially screw up things like in process burning of CD's where the open
API isnt handled perfectly etc.

r i c h a r d

Mar 24, 2003, 8:32pm
If there was anything wrong with it id pick it up pretty quick cause im
using Norton Corperate Edition (Latest) which is updated though Symantec
System Center on my server daily and spred to all of my computers.

"r i c h a r d" <richard.lazenby1 at ntlworld.com> wrote in news:3e7f8780$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> If there was anything wrong with it id pick it up pretty quick cause im
> using Norton Corperate Edition (Latest) which is updated though Symantec
> System Center on my server daily and spred to all of my computers.

Not necessarily...

KAH

sw comit

Mar 25, 2003, 6:29pm
Exactly, good point...

d a n

Mar 26, 2003, 5:45pm
doesnt work for me, its only a java script but im using a CD / CD-RW combo
so its classed as 2 cd drives and doesnt work for me ~_~

---
D a n

[View Quote] If it isn't 2 seperate physical drives it won't be classified as 2 cd drives. There
would be conflicts.