- mark
[View Quote]

shred

Sep 20, 2002, 4:32pm
You don't do so well in English, either. At least run your posts through a spell-check program if you're too lazy to proofread anything.

People who's native language is not English have a valid excuse for making so many mistakes (if I'm not incorrect, you are from an English speaking segment of the United Kingdom. I apologize if I am wrong.) :P

I think grasias is acceptable by most Spanish speaking countries (not including
Spain).

kit

Sep 20, 2002, 6:52pm
And I'm sure you would be wrong
Kit

[View Quote] > I think grasias is acceptable by most Spanish speaking countries (not including
> Spain).
>
> --Bowen--

[View Quote] No I'm pretty sure it's acceptable. Notice *acceptable*, it doesn't necessarily mean
it's the correct/proper way.

--Bowen--

brock

Sep 20, 2002, 10:46pm
of course ^_^

--
Brock - 308723
AW 3.4 Build: 431
Brock at iceflare.net

accully, strike got fired :P or as he likes to call it, hes now a freelance
council member?

This is the e-mail conversation I have been having with this blithering idiot, as I initiated it for personal Im free to display it.

-----------------------------------

Mark

We know the law we do not need you to give it to us. As I said their are many cases and arbitration decisions already decided which have interpreted the rules you quote below. We feel that we are in full compliance especially since the domain aw news is pretty general and aw can stand for many thousands of words.

There is a procedure in place if your guy feels that he has a legal right to the domain he can file a for an arbitration for the domain under the rules of ICANN and if the arbitration believes you guy is entitled to the domain they will give it to him, if not we get to keep it.

We have never lost a hearing or had a domain taken by any court or arbitrator.

I last told you last night if your client had a federal trademark we would give the name to the holder. We also told you that if your guy was a true non-profit registered by the IRS we would contribute the domain to your guy.

It seems the previous owner did not pay its annual fee, did not protect its domain by prepaying the fees for a few years at a time (we are taking about small money in the less than $100 area), did not organize itself as a true tax exempt organization although its holds itself out as a non-profit group, and did not protect its name by filing for a federal trademark. Basically the previous owner of the domain did not in any way shape or fashion, protect its domain and caused it to be lost.

It wants to blame us for registering a domain that was available to be registered.

If you don't pay your mortgage your house will be taken and someone will buy it at a greatly reduced price at a foreclosure. Is it the buyers fault??

If you don't pay your real estate taxes your house will be taken by the tax lien holder at a greatly reduced price. Is it the fault of the guy who bought the tax certificate???

If you don't make the payments on your car the bank will repo it and sell it to someone else. Is that their fault???

If you feel you have a claim file for an arbitration and we will let them decide. If they award it to you then we were wrong and you get it. If they rule against you then we were right and we keep it.

Its that simple

Very truly yours,

Michael H. Berkens
President
Worldwide Media, Inc.

http://www.mostwanteddomains.com
robrod at prism.net

*sigh* This is why I didn't want to make a big deal out of all this,
because I know we don't have a case. It's Cybor's fault for not renewing
the domain, and it's my fault for not watching the domain name closely
enough. That's all there is to it. All I can hope for is that ol'
Mikey'll drop the domain when he realizes that there are no other buyers
for it. The more you people fight over this, the more he'll believe the
domain is worth $10,000.

[View Quote] --
Goober King
When does the hurting stop?
robrod at prism.net

alphabit phalpha

Sep 21, 2002, 12:48pm
Goobs...if he thinks anyone will come forward and pay the asking price then
he's a little empty in the cellar:)
The issue now is the way he and other squatters take advantage of consumers.
And it has to stop:)
I am not giving up myself.
Even if we don't get awnews.com back, I am going to make sure that my
complaints go to the right places so that people in the future will
hopefully be forewarned of companies like this practices.
The fact that he accused me of being a spammer and also him retaliating by
raising the prices leaves one to wonder what exactly is going on.
He either retaliated in out right meanness....or boosted the price for a tax
write off...which IRS and the Federal Trade Commission would definitely
frown at.
If I end up in a one on one with this guy...so be it...like I have
mentioned...I have alot of time on my hands and enjoy sleuthing....LOL
I've been collecting pages of all the high prices that have been donated to
send to IRS.
Too much repetition going on for it not to be obvious to the authorities.

Actually according to tha bad faith agreement (as I informed him) due to you contacting him then immidiatly putting thr price up to $10,000 he desires to sell the domain back to the origional owner for extortionate profit. Hence breaking the bad faith agreement

And apparently its completly irreleveant ive spent more than half my time in aw in awgate :P

> And apparently its completly irreleveant ive spent more than half my time in aw in
awgate :P

Well that's two worlds compared to one. Weighted averages jeeves. See it's probably
more like this; AWTeen- 45% of time, AWGate - 20% of time, AW - 35% of time. Not to
mention you care a hell of a lot more for it than the other two.

I hardly spend any time in AW, infact the only time ive been is to load my cache. And yes, i do care for awteen allot more because it has bigger prospects than any others.

------=_NextPart_000_00B4_01C2613C.74466E20

You guys are both right. Unless you guys can claim a service mark on =
the domain, then this will probably not make it to court. However it is =
a good idea to register complaints with the BBB and FTC, and to call =
your local congressmen and senators and tell them that you want them to =
support an anti-cybersquatting law. This is Alphabit's role in all =
this, I believe.

Goobie's role here is to let it lay. Obviously Mikey has been getting =
facts and figures of the amount of traffic a website registered with =
register.com receives, and is offered first dibs at picking up the =
domain name before it goes public. The traffic to awnews.com warranted =
Mikey to purchase the domain name to try to sell it back to us. =20

Putting up a stink about it will only cause him to delay the realization =
that we can't pay his $10,000 or $1,000 or whatever fee to buy it back =
and that we won't. After contacting the FTC, the BBB, Congress, and the =
Senate and/or any other represenatives from various countries, it would =
be wise to let it lie. Consorting with cybersquatters or more aptly a =
domain-for-ransom organization will only give Mikey the upper hand in =
any negotiations that take place. =20

Therefore I call for an immediate cease and desist of any communication =
with Mikey and his company. Reasoning will not work. The courts are =
very much on his side, and almost rightly so. Time, and lack of income =
will work. Money talks, especially when it isn't there.

SW Chris
Oh, and please remember to switch back to Plain Text when responding. =
;)

[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_00B4_01C2613C.74466E20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You guys are both right.&nbsp; Unless =
you guys can=20
claim a service mark on the domain, then this will probably not make it =
to=20
court.&nbsp; However it is a good idea to register complaints with the =
BBB and=20
FTC, and to call your local congressmen and senators and tell them that =
you want=20
them to support an anti-cybersquatting law.&nbsp; This is Alphabit's =
role in all=20
this, I believe.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Goobie's role here is to let it=20
<STRONG>lay</STRONG>.&nbsp; Obviously Mikey has been getting facts and =
figures=20
of the amount of traffic a website registered with register.com =
receives, and is=20
offered first dibs at picking up the domain name before it goes =
public.&nbsp;=20
The traffic to awnews.com warranted Mikey to purchase the domain name to =
try to=20
sell it back to us.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Putting up a stink about it will only =
cause him to=20
delay the realization that we can't pay his $10,000 or $1,000 or =
whatever fee to=20
buy it back and that we won't.&nbsp; After contacting the FTC, the BBB,=20
Congress, and the Senate and/or any other represenatives from various =
countries,=20
it would be wise to let it lie.&nbsp; Consorting with cybersquatters or =
more=20
aptly a <STRONG>domain-for-ransom organization</STRONG> will only give =
Mikey the=20
upper hand in any negotiations that take place.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Therefore I call for an =
<STRONG>immediate</STRONG>=20
<STRONG>cease and desist</STRONG>&nbsp;of any communication with Mikey =
and his=20
company.&nbsp; Reasoning will not work.&nbsp; The courts are very much =
on his=20
side, and almost rightly so.&nbsp; Time, and lack of income will =
work.&nbsp;=20
Money talks, especially when it isn't there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>SW Chris</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Oh, and please remember to switch back =
to Plain=20
Text when responding.&nbsp; ;)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"alphabit phalpha" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:alphabit at swbell.net"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>alphabit at swbell.net</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message </FONT><A href=3D"news:3d8c86a6 at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:3d8c86a6 at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; Goobs...if he =
thinks anyone=20
will come forward and pay the asking price then<BR>&gt; he's a little =
empty in=20
the cellar:)<BR>&gt; The issue now is the way he and other squatters =
take=20
advantage of consumers.<BR>&gt; And it has to stop:)<BR>&gt; I am not =
giving up=20
myself.<BR>&gt; Even if we don't get awnews.com back, I am going to make =
sure=20
that my<BR>&gt; complaints go to the right places so that people in the =
future=20
will<BR>&gt; hopefully be forewarned of companies like this =
practices.<BR>&gt;=20
The fact that he accused me of being a spammer and also him retaliating=20
by<BR>&gt; raising the prices leaves one to wonder what exactly is going =

on.<BR>&gt; He either retaliated in out right meanness....or boosted the =
price=20
for a tax<BR>&gt; write off...which IRS and the Federal Trade Commission =
would=20
definitely<BR>&gt; frown at.<BR>&gt; If I end up in a one on one with =
this=20
guy...so be it...like I have<BR>&gt; mentioned...I have alot of time on =
my hands=20
and enjoy sleuthing....LOL<BR>&gt; I've been collecting pages of all the =
high=20
prices that have been donated to<BR>&gt; send to IRS.<BR>&gt; Too much=20
repetition going on for it not to be obvious to the authorities.<BR>&gt; =

<BR>&gt; </FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B4_01C2613C.74466E20--

alphabit phalpha

------=_NextPart_000_032A_01C261A2.2A335A80

I agree Chris...time to let the authorities decide the fate on this one.
I will be posting in here any emails I receive back from the different =
agencies.
And anything else I hear...but for now...I think I've shared enough =
links with folks so they can send emails also to the agencies or let it =
lay...their choice really:)

------=_NextPart_000_032A_01C261A2.2A335A80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I agree Chris...time to let the authorities decide =
the fate on=20
this one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I will be posting in here any emails I receive back =
from the=20
different agencies.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>And anything else I hear...but for now...I think =
I've shared=20
enough links with folks so they can send emails also to the agencies or =
let it=20
lay...their choice really:)</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_032A_01C261A2.2A335A80--

Glad to see *someone's* finally catching on around here :P

Who needs HTML when you have *asterisks*?! :)
robrod at prism.net

alphabit phalpha

Sep 22, 2002, 12:05am
Goobs...are you calling me daft?:)
*thwack* LOL
Looking forward to awnews.org's grand opening:)

You make it sound like they are differnt, hehehe

You shouldn't negotiate with terrorists... why negotiate with the next level
underneath them? :)

SW Chris