andras.net is down (General Discussion)

andras.net is down // General Discussion

1  |

andras

Aug 24, 2002, 12:05pm
Due to a server hw failure all my newsgroups, webpages and mail server are down for a longer period. Estimated time to fix is the 27th of August.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Andras

Rats, no more thrashing AWTeen on the NGS >_<

- Mar
[View Quote]

dion

Aug 24, 2002, 2:30pm
We won't be losing any posts or anything, right?

-Dion
[View Quote]

builderz

Aug 24, 2002, 2:32pm
Sorry to hear about that, Andras. Good luck with fixing/replacing the
hardware.

-Builderz

[View Quote]

maki

Aug 24, 2002, 4:26pm
Great, now I only have 7 newsgroups to read, and not the other 18 ;-)

maki

[View Quote]

jerme

Aug 24, 2002, 4:32pm
Not again!! What kind of hardware failure?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeremy Booker - Owner

andras

Aug 24, 2002, 9:41pm
I don't really know since I'm 5000 miles away from the server and nobody is near to the machine to fix it yet. The box usually reboots itself without any hickup if something happens but not in this case. I'll have someone over there in Monday.

Andras

Looks like it's back up.

maki

Aug 25, 2002, 7:51pm
is it down again? I was just about to shoot phal's m00se ph at t

maki www.awmaki.com

[View Quote]

shred

Aug 25, 2002, 8:05pm
Looks that way. I can't connect either. :-\

"maki" <maki at awmaki.com> wrote in
news:3d67cfce$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Great, now I only have 7 newsgroups to read, and not the other 18 ;-)

Get onto USENET... You'll suddently find a selection of 20k newsgroups to
read :-))

KAH

anduin

Aug 25, 2002, 11:41pm
An identity claiming to be known as "kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> scribed the following <Xns927627129F37kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201>:

>Get onto USENET... You'll suddently find a selection of 20k newsgroups to
>read :-))

Depending on your news server of course ;)

I get 41,136. There are some who claim there are over 100k though??

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

"anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> wrote in
news:1c0jmuk685f7v74ahu32m3vqe0gs11usun at 4ax.com:

> Depending on your news server of course ;)
>
> I get 41,136. There are some who claim there are over 100k though??

There ARE not over 100k, but there HAVE been over 100k. Some poorly
administered servers might have that many groups, but there aren't all that
many active groups that officially exist.

> There ARE not over 100k, but there HAVE been over 100k. Some poorly
> administered servers might have that many groups, but there aren't all
that
> many active groups that officially exist.

Especially KAH's ill-active newsgroups. :P

"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> wrote in news:3d6a529d$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Especially KAH's ill-active newsgroups. :P

Bah, that's not USENET :-)) (except the no.alt.activeworlds group)

Seems to be fixed now, I just connected :)

Last post there is nearly a month old

[View Quote]

themask 13

Aug 27, 2002, 5:19am
Well AT&T New England, (news groups) is very big..and i mean huge, no useage
really, and lotsa spam.. AT&T here is lazy. not much they do, just yawn say
yeah sure n we will fix it.. schdule your cable apointment next year.. yea
thats how stupid they are.. even they broke the law here in my state,
allmost driving them out of buisnus here.. hahaha.

I ment the Norwegian AW newsgroup, I doubt that it's related to AT&T *g

[View Quote]

themask 13

Aug 27, 2002, 5:36am
Oops. =X

"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> wrote in news:3D6AA276.8759069 at oct31.de:

> Last post there is nearly a month old

Heh, I know. Not my fault though, my server polls for new posts on other
servers every 15 minutes. Didn't turn out to be such a success we hoped it
would be when we testified of it's use to the no.config group :-))

Well, I could even find it on my ISP's news server
And it's the only public AW newsgroup I could find.
So somehow it seems to be a success :)