Domain Names? (General Discussion)

Domain Names? // General Discussion

1  |

mike zimmer

Aug 18, 2001, 3:46am
Anyone know a good domain name register that doesn't have a pop-up or frame
bar?

brandon

Aug 18, 2001, 4:02am
try www.godaddy.com only like $10.00

http://www.whois.org/

at least no frame and popup stuff with JS disabled

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

correction : they try to open a popup when you click
the whois record but there is a way to avoid that by
entering :

whois.org/whois.cgi2?d=xxxxx.com

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Freedom 2 Surf: http://www.f2s.net/

Don't count on 24/7 uptime though. It goes down about once or twice a month
for a day or two for some reason.

SW Chris

If you want a domain name to yourself, go to zimcity.net. They offer domain
registration for cheap as well as hosting for 10 bucks a month I think.

SW Chris

The answers confuse me, is he looking for a registrar or for a
register?

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

jfk2 builder

Aug 18, 2001, 8:54am
Try www.godaddy.com only like $8.95 per domain name per year.
And it's one of the best. [It's my place by choice & it's where i have
1 domain there now... MY ADULT one]

"brandon" <brandon at my.activeworlds.com> wrote in
news:3b7e04da$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> try www.godaddy.com only like $10.00

I think he wants a registrar, and I think he wants a free registrar but
without the ads (namezero.com for example is free but has lots of annoying
ads)... I don't think that exists, so he should rather spend $10 on a
domain, that way he's also secured a better service, you get what you pay
for...

john viper

Aug 18, 2001, 11:30am
www.networksoultions.com

its $35/year, they have the best DNS stuff available, you have FULL
control over your domain, and never any ads. Expensiveish, but I use
em, plus I think it is just tradition

-JV

[View Quote] > Anyone know a good domain name register that doesn't have a pop-up or frame

--
John Viper (#296714)
jviper at jtsoft.net
http://www.jtsoft.net

"Life on Earth may be expensive, but it does include a free trip around
the sun..." -anonymous

dabartender

Aug 18, 2001, 1:10pm
www.directnic.com is nearly as full-featured as NetSol, but only charges
$15/year for domain names, and you can register for one year (if desired) at
a time instead of two :-)

[View Quote]

brandon

Aug 18, 2001, 1:41pm
i just said that retard

[View Quote]

brandon

Aug 18, 2001, 1:42pm
lol thats way to expensive try the ones for $10

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 19, 2001, 6:53am
I know you said that. www.godaddy.com BUT you mentioned the price of
$10.00 and since i have recently bought my ADULT domain name there for
$8.95 your $10.00 price was a weeeee tooo high and i thought i would
put the correct price in there.

"brandon" <brandon at my.activeworlds.com> wrote in
news:3b7e8caa$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> i just said that retard

[View Quote]

wing

Aug 19, 2001, 1:24pm
Okay, what's with the random caps words already? They don't even make sense in emphasis.

It's because JFK2 isn't all there. Never has been, and from the looks of
things, never will be. The guy is mentally disturbed, no question about it.

[View Quote] > Okay, what's with the random caps words already? They don't even make sense in emphasis.

As if you people didn't know that already...
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

jfk2 builder

Aug 20, 2001, 1:08pm
It's very obvious that Goober King wants the title of EEP... Keep it
up and you will achieve your goal lol

"goober king" <rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote in
news:3B7FE54E.6040107 at acsu.buffalo.edu:

> It's because JFK2 isn't all there. Never has been, and from the looks
> of things, never will be. The guy is mentally disturbed, no question
> about it.

[View Quote]

lanezeri

Aug 20, 2001, 6:00pm
No, us people just like to make idiot of you, no one cares that you have a
website thru them, they asked which one is good. Secondly, no one gives a
rats ass what kind of web site you have.. putting emphasis (as Wing said) on
the fact as it being an "ADULT" website makes you look like a immature kid,
whom can't get any in real life.

The part of a school yard bully doesn't belong to any of you. So cut it
out.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

percipient

Aug 28, 2001, 1:41am
Try www.000domains.com. $13.50/year, good support, full control of your
account, ICANN accredited, and can purchase from 1 year to 10. I've heard
complaints about almost any registrar out there, but this one. Well, there
was one guy, but he wanted technical support to answer him in 10 minutes by
email. It can and does happen, but expecting it every time is just asking
too much.

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 28, 2001, 6:12pm
Actually if you want to spend a little more... About $19.00 a year you
can do what used to be FREE [it was until 06/2001] is use
www.namezero.com

But the beauty of that one is you can use your domain name like i've
been using it.

jfkmusic.com = my midi web site... It's also my aw path for RPG world &
the other PATH is for Mousty's Petzcity world

pk.jfkmusic.com = my message forums at www.delphi.com for People With
Klienfelters [that is a birth defect i was born with]

3dworlds.jfkmusic.com = another message forum on www.delphi.com for 3d
aw, outerworlds, vectorscape... and ll other universes & worlds & rwx &
everything pwertaining to VR stuff...

cp.jfkmusic.com = Chucks Party midi web site [actually it's one of his
lower directories at his web site]

As you see i've been pointing that all over the place....

"percipient" <percipient at percipients.com> wrote in
news:3b8b12ce at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Try www.000domains.com. $13.50/year, good support, full control of
> your account, ICANN accredited, and can purchase from 1 year to 10.
> I've heard complaints about almost any registrar out there, but this
> one. Well, there was one guy, but he wanted technical support to
> answer him in 10 minutes by email. It can and does happen, but
> expecting it every time is just asking too much.

[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Aug 28, 2001, 8:23pm
I don't care about your damn site, I just want Register sites..and Thanx to