Wishlist Comitee (Wishlist)

Wishlist Comitee // Wishlist

1  |

tamealy

Jul 29, 1999, 4:25pm
We aren't being listened to. We should go along with Modrd's idea of forming
a comitee, and I would like to be the first one to say so. Those in favor of
doing something about the wishlist whisper "I" and e-mail me.
tamealy at n-m-n.net.

-TAM

=?iso-8859-1?q?eep=b2?=

Jul 29, 1999, 8:20pm
And how is this committee supposed to make us listened to any more? AWCI doesn't give a shit about what we, the users/citizens, want because AWCI has its own agenda. Just go to the source of AWCI: E N Z O (Rick), Cryonics (JP), Roland, and now Hamfon.

[View Quote] > We aren't being listened to. We should go along with Modrd's idea of forming
> a comitee, and I would like to be the first one to say so. Those in favor of
> doing something about the wishlist whisper "I" and e-mail me.
> tamealy at n-m-n.net.

scented nectar

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01BED9FB.91282AE0

Yup, they're not gonna listen to anyone as far as changes go. They =
won't listen to committees, petitions, postings in their own newsgroups =
under the wishlist category, etc. They might or might not answer =
personally asked or emailed questions, that depends what you ask. =
(hint: don't hold your breath waiting for truth, but trivial stuff might =
work).

The best thing that could have happened to AW, would have been if it had =
bought up by a company who were serious, way back when there was =
potential. Too late now though, there's too much way better technology =
out there.

Scented Nectar
My Vegetarian Recipe Site
My (usually) Tiling Textures Site

[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0052_01BED9FB.91282AE0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Yup, they're not gonna listen to anyone as far as =
changes=20
go.&nbsp; They won't listen to committees, petitions,&nbsp;postings in =
their own=20
newsgroups under the wishlist category, etc.&nbsp; They might or might =
not=20
answer personally asked or emailed questions, that depends what you =
ask.&nbsp;=20
(hint: don't hold your breath waiting for truth, but trivial stuff might =

work).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The best thing that could have happened to AW, would =
have been=20
if it had bought up by a company who were serious, way back when there =
was=20
potential.&nbsp; Too late now though, there's too much way better =
technology out=20
there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Scented Nectar</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A href=3D"http://members.home.net/nectar/">My =
Vegetarian Recipe=20
Site</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A href=3D"http://members.xoom.com/scented/">My =
(usually) Tiling=20
Textures Site</A></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Eep=B2 &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:eep at tnlc.com">eep at tnlc.com</A>&gt;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0052_01BED9FB.91282AE0--

terry kafader

Jul 30, 1999, 2:56pm
--------------3DD905367FE6FA6244219D03

Well, you can always form a loosely knit
corporation and all of the bitchers, whiners and
complainers could contribute a couple of grand
each, buy up the AW stock and take control of the
corp. Then you all can bitch, whine and complain
about who is going to play boss this week. But
then again, youi all might be able to force the
company personel to get off their duffs and get
what you want done, done.

Just a thought.

Terry

[View Quote] > Yup, they're not gonna listen to anyone as far
[View Quote] --------------3DD905367FE6FA6244219D03

Well, you can always form a loosely knit corporation and all of the bitchers,
whiners and complainers could contribute a couple of grand each, buy up
the AW stock and take control of the corp.&nbsp; Then you all can bitch,
whine and complain about who is going to play boss this week.&nbsp;&nbsp;
But then again, youi all might be able to force the company personel to
get off their duffs and get what you want done, done.
[View Quote] --------------3DD905367FE6FA6244219D03--

scented nectar

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BEDA8F.9BFA4040

:) Yeah, if there's no one holding onto a majority of the stock in the =
silly hopes that it's gonna go somewhere... :) Also, those rules under =
which they incorporated - it would have to allow all that. It would be =
fun though, if us bitching, whining complainers (I'm a card carrying =
member, myself) could holding a group directorship with absolute veto =
powers, taking turns each week who's boss. But you're a lot more of an =
optimist than I about getting the current company personel off their =
duffs and doing what needs doing. That would take powers beyond =
anything I can imagine!

Scented Nectar
My Vegetarian Recipe Site
My (usually) Tiling Textures Site
[View Quote] Terry=20

[View Quote] Yup, they're not gonna listen to anyone as far as changes go. They =
won't listen to committees, petitions, postings in their own newsgroups =
under the wishlist category, etc. They might or might not answer =
personally asked or emailed questions, that depends what you ask. =
(hint: don't hold your breath waiting for truth, but trivial stuff might =
work). The best thing that could have happened to AW, would have been if =
it had bought up by a company who were serious, way back when there was =
potential. Too late now though, there's too much way better technology =
out there. Scented NectarMy Vegetarian Recipe SiteMy (usually) Tiling =
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BEDA8F.9BFA4040

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3401" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>:)&nbsp; Yeah, if there's no one holding onto a =
majority of=20
the stock in the silly hopes that it's gonna go somewhere... :)&nbsp;=20
Also,&nbsp;those rules under which they incorporated - it would have to =
allow=20
all that.&nbsp; It would be fun though, if us bitching, whining =
complainers (I'm=20
a card carrying member, myself) could holding a group directorship with =
absolute=20
veto powers, taking turns each week who's boss.&nbsp; But you're a lot =
more of=20
an optimist than I about getting the current company personel off their =
duffs=20
and doing what needs doing.&nbsp; That would take powers beyond anything =
I can=20
imagine!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Scented Nectar</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A href=3D"http://members.home.net/nectar/">My =
Vegetarian Recipe=20
Site</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A href=3D"http://members.xoom.com/scented/">My =
(usually) Tiling=20
Textures Site</A></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>Terry Kafader &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:tkafader at mail.cisc.k12.pa.us">tkafader at mail.cisc.k12.pa.us=
</A>&gt;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BEDA8F.9BFA4040--

terry kafader

Jul 30, 1999, 3:34pm
--------------D5303E644E7EEEC28BA48A34

HAHAHAHa...I agree I am an optimist (an incurable
one at that), and as far as getting the personel
up,,,, ever hear of a cattle prod? :)

Terry

[View Quote] > :) Yeah, if there's no one holding onto a

[View Quote] --------------D5303E644E7EEEC28BA48A34

HAHAHAHa...I agree I am an optimist (an incurable one at that), and as
far as getting the personel up,,,, ever hear of a cattle prod? :)
[View Quote] </body>

--------------D5303E644E7EEEC28BA48A34--

scented nectar

------=_NextPart_000_009D_01BEDAA6.944DB720

LOL
Might have to move head office to some place with no labour laws, or =
employee rights.....but it could work. :) =20

Scented Nectar
My Vegetarian Recipe Site
My (usually) Tiling Textures Site

[View Quote] [View Quote] :) Yeah, if there's no one holding onto a majority of the stock in =
the silly hopes that it's gonna go somewhere... :) Also, those rules =
under which they incorporated - it would have to allow all that. It =
would be fun though, if us bitching, whining complainers (I'm a card =
carrying member, myself) could holding a group directorship with =
absolute veto powers, taking turns each week who's boss. But you're a =
lot more of an optimist than I about getting the current company =
personel off their duffs and doing what needs doing. That would take =
powers beyond anything I can imagine! Scented NectarMy Vegetarian Recipe =
SiteMy (usually) Tiling Textures Site=20

[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_009D_01BEDAA6.944DB720

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3401" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>LOL</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Might have to move head office to some place with no =
labour=20
laws, or employee rights.....but it could work.&nbsp; :)&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Scented Nectar</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A href=3D"http://members.home.net/nectar/">My =
Vegetarian Recipe=20
Site</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A href=3D"http://members.xoom.com/scented/">My =
(usually) Tiling=20
Textures Site</A></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Terry Kafader &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:tkafader at mail.cisc.k12.pa.us">tkafader at mail.cisc.k12.pa.us=
</A>&gt;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_009D_01BEDAA6.944DB720--

=?iso-8859-1?q?eep=b2?=

Jul 30, 1999, 9:48pm
Unfortunately, supposedly under Delaware Corporation Law (where AWCI was incorporated), companies incorporated under this law cannot be controlled by the majority of stockholders so AWCI stock is essentially worthless and only worth buying if you want to make a fast buck (assuming it ever goes up again).

[View Quote] > Well, you can always form a loosely knit corporation and all of the bitchers, whiners and complainers could contribute a couple of grand each, buy up the AW stock and take control of the corp. Then you all can bitch, whine and complain about who is going to play boss this week. But then again, youi all might be able to force the company personel to get off their duffs and get what you want done, done.

> Just a thought.

[View Quote]

infinity

Aug 1, 1999, 11:40pm
Would they listen if they thought they would loose a bunch of money if they
didn't?

[View Quote] > We aren't being listened to. We should go along with Modrd's idea of forming
> a comitee, and I would like to be the first one to say so. Those in favor of
> doing something about the wishlist whisper "I" and e-mail me.
> tamealy at n-m-n.net.
>
> -TAM

=?iso-8859-1?q?eep=b2?=

Aug 2, 1999, 2:01am
Ah but that's just it...supposedly money from citizens is nothing compared to universe/galaxy server sales and other sales.

[View Quote] > Would they listen if they thought they would loose a bunch of money if they
> didn't?

[View Quote]

rolu

Aug 2, 1999, 11:52am
then why don't they make the citizenships free? That would result in much
more citizens (also ONLINE citizens you can directly see in the world tab),
and AW known by more people, wich could translate into another 1 or 2 sold
galaxy servers if some company has some money left for PR.

Rolu

[View Quote]

=?iso-8859-1?q?eep=b2?=

Aug 4, 1999, 2:37am
Who knows, Rolu... I think when AWCI (then COF) initially charged for cit=
izenships it may have helped them out a bit (and still some to a relative=
ly small degree compared to galaxy/universe servers and custom world desi=
gn--like with The 13th Floor, etc), but I think it will really hinder AW'=
s popularity instead of helping.

Everquest and Ultima Online (which charge something like around $15/month=
or so) only have around a few thousand subscribers or so, but the compan=
ies behind these on-line games have the funding to take such losses; AW, =
on the other hand, does not.

I'm just waiting for some 3D game company to get a clue and release an on=
-/off-line, multi-user, real-time, interactive, level editor that lets pe=
ople CREATE the level as they PLAY it--changing, manipulating, adding/del=
eting to it as they're immersed in it. AW allows this to some degree, but=
most current 3D game level editors allow MUCH more realism in terms of l=
ighting and special effects. Real-time interaction is the key, and AW nee=
ds to GREATLY improve on this because it is a VERY static environment, wh=
ich gets boring quick. The more like a game environment AW becomes, I thi=
nk the more popular it will be. For example, game replayability is MUCH h=
igher with a level editor than without. People are more likely to play le=
vels made by other people and groups of people long after the original ga=
me levels have been played to death. Duke Nukem 3D, Quake, Half-Life, etc=
are good 3D game examples of this effect and non-3D games like Civlizati=
on, SimCity, WarCraft, etc also prove this. Multiplayer just makes a game=
even MORE popular.

A game/program that merges both of these aspects is a definite hit. It's =
just that for some reason no company has put the 2 together. Well, I thin=
k it's LONG overdue for such a program! I keep hoping AWCI gets that clue=
=2E I've tried getting Eidos/Core (publisher/developer of Tomb Raider) to=
do it but they just don't get it. Protagonist knows what I want, but of =
course he's gone from AWCI now...so then there's GEL, which may result in=
what I want, but who knows...

[View Quote] > then why don't they make the citizenships free? That would result in mu=
ch
> more citizens (also ONLINE citizens you can directly see in the world t=
ab),
> and AW known by more people, wich could translate into another 1 or 2 s=
old
> galaxy servers if some company has some money left for PR.

[View Quote]

infinity

Aug 5, 1999, 1:59am
I will eventually create a game much like the one you described, it will =
be a 3d RPG where the maps constantly change ever so slightly, and you ca=
n build a house, and well, a bunch of cool stuff, and it's gongi to be a =
big realm where it seems like anythign can hapen, and kick at $$ AI, and all=
that stuff... but right now it's all just in my head :( to get it out, =
I'll need 629 extreamly smart people, a bunch of good computers with C++,=
and about 6 lifetimes of programming experience... yeah, that should ju=
st about do it... hmmm...

That reminds me, Eep, you should learn C/C++ you would be very good at it=
, and probably end up taking over earth :-)

[View Quote] > I'm just waiting for some 3D game company to get a clue and release an =
[...]

Aug 5, 1999, 4:42am
Eh, shut up. Damn kid...

[View Quote] > I will eventually create a game much like the one you described, it wil=
l be a 3d RPG where the maps constantly change ever so slightly, and you =
can build a house, and well, a bunch of cool stuff, and it's gongi to be =
a big realm where it seems like anythign can hapen, and kick at $$ AI, and a=
ll that stuff... but right now it's all just in my head :( to get it out=
, I'll need 629 extreamly smart people, a bunch of good computers with C+=
+, and about 6 lifetimes of programming experience... yeah, that should =
just about do it... hmmm...

> That reminds me, Eep, you should learn C/C++ you would be very good at =
it, and probably end up taking over earth :-)

[View Quote]

infinity

Aug 5, 1999, 5:16am
Kid?! I'm 35!

[View Quote] > Eh, shut up. Damn kid...

[View Quote]

=?iso-8859-1?q?eep=b2?=

Aug 5, 1999, 8:31am
Yea right...and then you woke up. Come back to reality, sport.

[View Quote] > Kid?! I'm 35!

[View Quote]

infinity

Aug 5, 1999, 1:40pm
And so your what? 2 or 3 years old?

[View Quote] > Yea right...and then you woke up. Come back to reality, sport.

[View Quote]

=?iso-8859-1?q?eep=b2?=

Aug 6, 1999, 2:59am
Yea, gee, how'd you guess? Perhaps it was my lack of coherent sentence st=
ructure and typing skills? Or maybe my thumb-sucking gave it away. Golly.=
=2E.<blink>

Reality...come back to it, champ...

[View Quote] > And so your what? 2 or 3 years old?

[View Quote]

infinity

Aug 6, 1999, 3:22am
Relax Eep, I'm just fooling around...

hehe plus, once you become my age, you'll realize that 'coherent sentence=
structure', 'typing skills', and many other things are not nearly as imp=
ortant. After all, it's the way someone says soemthing, not the way some=
thing was said that makes saying things important. :-)

Relax a little,
-Infinity

[View Quote] > Yea, gee, how'd you guess? Perhaps it was my lack of coherent sentence =
structure and typing skills? Or maybe my thumb-sucking gave it away. Goll=
y...<blink>

> Reality...come back to it, champ...

[View Quote]

=?iso-8859-1?q?eep=b2?=

Aug 6, 1999, 4:17am
Oh please...age is no excuse for being lame. And considering the communic=
ation medium we're using here (text), coherent sentence structure, typing=
skills, etc ARE important. Duh. Putz...

[View Quote] > Relax Eep, I'm just fooling around...

> hehe plus, once you become my age, you'll realize that 'coherent senten=
ce structure', 'typing skills', and many other things are not nearly as i=
mportant. After all, it's the way someone says soemthing, not the way so=
mething was said that makes saying things important. :-)

> Relax a little,

[View Quote]

infinity

Aug 6, 1999, 4:27am
Tell me, what is your definition of lame?

Don=92t relax a little,
-Infinity

[View Quote] > Oh please...age is no excuse for being lame. And considering the commun=
ication medium we're using here (text), coherent sentence structure, typi=
ng skills, etc ARE important. Duh. Putz...

[View Quote]

john viper

Aug 6, 1999, 11:35am
I have Microsludge Visual C++ 6 and a slightly crappy computer, but if I had
all the rendering engines required for the game I could have a bunch of fun
:)

Just give me a storyline

-John Viper

[View Quote] That reminds me, Eep, you should learn C/C++ you would be very good at it,
[...]

Aug 6, 1999, 6:56pm
Sorry if I offended you here, that's not what I was trying to do.

-Infinity

[View Quote] > Eh, shut up. Damn kid...

[View Quote]

jeff d ikeler (cit# 302609)

Aug 18, 1999, 4:39pm
Guys, Guys... Get a chat goin' or somethin'... we don't wanna hear you two
squabble... it took me like 5 mins each to d/l your messages and I didn't
find pleasure in seeing you two go at it... I can speak for almost everybody
here:

<b>WE DON'T WANNA HEAR IT.</b>

[View Quote] -Infinity

[View Quote] > Eh, shut up. Damn kid...

[View Quote]

horizons

Aug 19, 1999, 4:57pm
In some post that someone made awhile they said something about that no one
ever wants any one else speaking for them
I personally like watching people go at it, you can learn a lot from other
mistakes and if it takes you five mins to d/l their messages then get off of
that AOL crap that you a probably using and get something useful like an
isdn or asdl, or even a T1 for god sake you stupid AOL user.
BTW AOL actually stands for "America Just got Hacked Off-Line" or "America
Was Just Kicked Off-Line" or "America Was Just Put On-Hold On-Line" or
"America Was Just Billed The National Debt Off-Line" man I could go on and
on about trashing AOL. I guess I'll do that in another Post

--
Horizons
"Ouch, Intelligent People hurt!"
jammytoe at msn.com