Recent vandalism attack on Tourist (Community)

Recent vandalism attack on Tourist // Community

1  |

ltbrenton

Jan 16, 2005, 3:55pm
There has recently been a huge vandalism attack on the Tourist Building
World. Fortunately, due to Shoemaker Village's ActiveWorlds Utility, and
Andras's GuardBot, the damage was not irreparable. We have caught the
perpretrator, he is one Gnu32 (cit# 353815). As a fellow world owner, I
URGE you to blacklist this citizen number, to prevent the same happening to
your world. Again I say, all thanks go to Shoemaker Village and Andras,
without whose technology this attack would have been successful.

LtBrenton
Tourist World Administrator

andras

Jan 16, 2005, 4:32pm
[View Quote] > There has recently been a huge vandalism attack on the Tourist Building
> World. Fortunately, due to Shoemaker Village's ActiveWorlds Utility, and
> Andras's GuardBot, the damage was not irreparable. We have caught the
> perpretrator, he is one Gnu32 (cit# 353815). As a fellow world owner, I
> URGE you to blacklist this citizen number, to prevent the same happening to
> your world. Again I say, all thanks go to Shoemaker Village and Andras,
> without whose technology this attack would have been successful.
>
> LtBrenton
> Tourist World Administrator

Khhmmm - I think you should wake up from your dreams!
Vandalism is a common problem in everywhere in the world. Something you can only avoid with a kind atmosphere but not with a police squad. At least this is my experience:) My world is open for tourists since the beginning (1996) and we did not have real problems.
A few here or there can be handled by removing the offending stuff but overall - visitors just love to be there!
Maybe your attitude and your world's policy should be changed so it will not attract vandals?

Just my 2 cents,
--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

ltbrenton

Jan 16, 2005, 5:34pm
Yeah, but all the same, if I dont warn people he might blitz other worlds as
well as mine.

-=LtB=-

[View Quote]

hyper anthony

Jan 16, 2005, 11:30pm
Considering you own the only world of this nature besides AWNewbie, thats
very doubtful.

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Jan 20, 2005, 3:53am
I agree with Andras. A simple attitude change and perhaps a more positive
outlook on the Active Worlds community in general will be a good deterrant
for vandals.

[View Quote]

ltbrenton

Jan 20, 2005, 7:11am
OK, any suggestions?

-=LtBrenton=-

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Jan 21, 2005, 9:55am
Think happy thoughts? ;)

[View Quote]

ltbrenton

Jan 21, 2005, 4:11pm
Tried that.

-=LtBrenton=-

[View Quote]

ltbrenton

Jan 22, 2005, 8:45am
hey Ferruccio, you seem to have me blocked :'(

-=LtBrenton=-

[View Quote]

magneto

Mar 14, 2005, 4:31pm
I want to make a warning to the whole community AW on this user, Gnu32 (cit
#353815). The other day somebody changed the rights of my world with the
purpose of taking off the control and he can enter, and later (casuality??)
this user entered. I think that it can be a lammer that he knows hack
worlds.

Gnu32 is blacklisted in my world since then.

Greetings.

"LtBrenton" <uaf_brenton at concsols.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:41eaaaa8 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> There has recently been a huge vandalism attack on the Tourist Building
> World. Fortunately, due to Shoemaker Village's ActiveWorlds Utility, and
> Andras's GuardBot, the damage was not irreparable. We have caught the
> perpretrator, he is one Gnu32 (cit# 353815). As a fellow world owner, I
> URGE you to blacklist this citizen number, to prevent the same happening
> to your world. Again I say, all thanks go to Shoemaker Village and
> Andras, without whose technology this attack would have been successful.
>
> LtBrenton
> Tourist World Administrator

GNU... hack? hahaha....

If you had CT it would be much easier to cause much more distruction.

- Mark R

[View Quote]

magneto

Mar 14, 2005, 4:43pm
hehehehe, I don't know his, but I only say what happened to me. I would be
you,but it could be that you were right, but there my experience is, for I
could use to the other ones.

"Strike Rapier" <markyr at gmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:4235d96c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> GNU... hack? hahaha....
>
> If you had CT it would be much easier to cause much more distruction.
>
> - Mark R

[View Quote]

gnu32

Mar 14, 2005, 7:02pm
Sorry, forgot to share the news, Me and Lt have come to some sort of an
alliance about.. 3 weeks ago?
So you can stop spreading negativity about me now
Oh, and a piece of advice: Accusing me of hacking a world is probably
one of the most desperate ways to make someone look bad.
And whats the world name? It could be the fact that i world-hopped at
the wrong time.

[View Quote]

ltbrenton

Mar 15, 2005, 9:59am
OK Gnu, I'll try and call the angry mob off ^_^

-=LtBrenton=-

[View Quote]

magneto

Mar 15, 2005, 2:21pm
Ok, I already see that it has been a serious error to put this post. I don't
really know if you were you the one that changed the rights, could have been
another person and being a chance, for that reason I apologize you.

news:4235fbd3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...