Trigger-Happy GK Tv (Community)

Trigger-Happy GK Tv // Community

1  |

john

Jul 23, 2003, 8:48pm
Yep, thats right, a trigger-happy gk caught in the act!

Immigration Officer: Welcome to the AW Universe! Reminder: Sharing Priv
Passwords, changing your citizenship email address to someone else's or
clicking on .EXE URL links may compromise the security of your citizenship.
Immigration Officer: Welcome to Tintagel Medieval RPG, John
Immigration Officer: Welcome to the AWGate. Much of the content in Active
Worlds is user generated & may not be appropriate for all users. Setting
your browser rating level can improve your enjoyment of AW by reducing your
exposure to offensive content. Enjoy your stay :)
John: XeonWorlds.co.uk - Now selling worlds to testers!
[Customs Aide]: Welcome, John. For the Conduct Guidelines please say World
Rules or see http://www.activeworlds.com/community/conduct.asp
"SouthernCross": and i'd hate to be opiniated *g*
Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from awgate
Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from awgate
Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from awgate
Immigration Officer: Welcome to Tintagel Medieval RPG, John

All I did was post a URL - a reason to eject someone, as above you saw I
logged onto AW after using a differnt universe, posted that and then
suddenly, I get loads of pretty pop ups!

~John

john

Jul 23, 2003, 8:55pm
Yep, I posted this and 10 sec later I was ejected:

John: Ok, lets try this again as I was not meant to be ejected last time:
XeonWorlds.co.uk - Now selling worlds to testers - Signup while ya can.

[View Quote]

john

Jul 23, 2003, 8:59pm
An explanation!

Operator: You have a telegram.

Telegram from perra, sent just now:
some url´s is in Ca..we have get emaljs about it from awcom..this one might
be one off them am not sure...no comercial at gate with url´s it said to
us..

Seems the bot is on slow-coach silent-eject.

[View Quote] You're a trouble-making kid who needs to be babysat.

Oh wait, sorry, gatekeepers are corrupt -- I don't know what I was
thinking there fore a minute.

No of SETI units returned: 44
Processing time: 36 days, 0 hours.
(Total hours: 864)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

john

Jul 23, 2003, 9:40pm
Lol *grins at Bowen*

~John

[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 9:58pm
GKs should never eject when unsure. They should ASK first. This shortcoming
in training is one of the major faults.
[View Quote]

brant

Jul 23, 2003, 10:57pm
Just a comment: Try going to ground zero at any AW-owned world and saying
the phrase ".exe" :)

[View Quote]

brant

Jul 23, 2003, 10:58pm
Ah, apparently this was already discussed in another group.

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Jul 23, 2003, 11:03pm
GKs should at least warn, but it seems that some don't want to do that.

mrbruce

Jul 24, 2003, 1:05am
This is for our protection...and for the newcomers who do not realise the
risks of being hacked and planted with viruses is real in AW as well.
Sadly a few PUNKS!!!! have to ruin it for everyone...but mark my words...the
guilty parties are already on their way to being revealed! Because some of
us know M A
T T is more than one person...games are games...but when you destroy things
that do not belong to you for fun, you someday learn the fun all comes to an
end and your suddenly on the recieving side of the shit stick!
This is no game kids, your messing with serious stuff here, hidding behind
tourist names is not hiding the fact that some of you are CITIZENS and are
liable for the damages you cause with your silly little games of hacking and
using AWhack and planting trojans in innocent looking programs and making
AW a loser in web programs.
MrBruce

john

Jul 24, 2003, 2:12pm
I DIDN'T enter .exe in anything I said :-O, has the bot blacklisted me from
posting urls? What if I say www.activeworlds.com? will I be ej'd?

~John

[View Quote]

binarybud

Jul 24, 2003, 4:01pm
IMHO ALL URL's should be masked and not be able to display at the Gate......only the GK's should be allowed to post URLS there....you could submit the URL to them for posting if they ok it. Would cut down on a lot of problems. Like dorks posting links to "www.ratemybuttcrack.com".....there is absolutely no need for that at the gate. It gets confusing enough for a new person just landing there...:)

[View Quote]

mauz

Jul 24, 2003, 6:53pm
[View Quote] Advertising other universes or chat services is not allowed, says AWI.

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

mauz

Jul 24, 2003, 6:53pm
[View Quote] Advertising other universes or chat services is not allowed, says AWI.

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

mauz

Jul 24, 2003, 7:17pm
[View Quote] :p Stupid double-post, I forgot I didn't have the password on...
Why can't we cancel our own posts.

[Customs Aide]: Please do not flood the screen
[Customs Aide]: You have been ejected for flooding the screen with messages
Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from AW Newsgroups

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

.duo.

Jul 24, 2003, 8:35pm
lol, bull.
[View Quote]

binarybud

Jul 25, 2003, 10:51am
LOL cute Mauz...:)

[View Quote]

truetome2

Jul 25, 2003, 5:32pm
[Customs Aide]: Cute Mauz
[Customs Aide]: Very Cute

Immigration Officer: TrueToMe2 has now been ejected from AW Newsgroups for
attempting to steal cute post idea.

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Jul 28, 2003, 11:35pm
What does www.xeonworlds.co.uk have to do with this?

"mrbruce" <a1ctworld at aol.com> wrote this
(news:3f1f4cf3 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 24 Jul 2003: