ADDS (Community)

ADDS // Community

1  |

spectrum 65

Jul 5, 2003, 8:24pm
hi everoyone

i just want to know by this post what you would think about add for AW or i
dont know....

why do AW never add their product?!?!?
i discovered AW a few years ago whit a friend by surching for a chat
****whit lots of chance****

i dont know how you discovered ActiveWorlds ..... but let say that it's not
quiet easy to find this programme on the net
....and whit the prizes that went up .... it's rare to see new people that
are very interest in the programme

if activeWorlds would invest a little money in adds .... the number of
active citizen would tripple and maybe much more
and finaly....i dont think money is a problem... whit the new prizes there's
no worry! ;)

Spectrum65

mike zimmer

Jul 6, 2003, 2:39am
AH! SPELL CHECKER!
--
-Miek Zimmer
*Mike

[View Quote]

mrbruce

Jul 6, 2003, 3:31am
Be nice, seems to me their native language is not English and are doing the
best they can to say their say in English the best they can, but they have a
good point, shows like the satilite station Tech Tv or ZDTV has alot of
computer tech shows that showcase verious computer programs and websites. I
have yet to see AW there, but putting a bug in thier ear may make them log
in www.activeworlds.com and do a program on it. A satilite station is pretty
much world wide, so one show would get alot of publicity.
MrBruce
[View Quote]

stecloud

Jul 6, 2003, 10:55am
You could do your bit by making a banner and putting it on a website of your
own. It may help (although banner ads hardly ever make a company too much
profit).

Someone a little while ago posted some pre-made banners, and someone later
posted a link to the registration page, which you can put on your banners.
I'll try to find them for you :)

- Ste

[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Jul 6, 2003, 11:16am
Ahh, didn't realise that. Sorry. Hmm, I thought it was a 13 year old who
used "kewl" and "cuz"....Sad isn't it?
--
-Miek Zimmer
*Mike

the banner site thingy majiga place is
http://awgate.com/adclick/RenewYourself/

just outta curiosity, anyone else put those banners on thier site?

-SWE

[View Quote]

spectrum 65

Jul 6, 2003, 2:34pm
lol.....yeah sorry for my bad english ..... i'm french .... but i'm doing my
best

"mike zimmer" <mike at remmiz.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:3f08213e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ahh, didn't realise that. Sorry. Hmm, I thought it was a 13 year old who
> used "kewl" and "cuz"....Sad isn't it?
> --
> -Miek Zimmer
> *Mike

[View Quote]

light form

Jul 6, 2003, 3:04pm
Votre anglais est bon. Il est seulement amer.

My French isnt as good as his English.

LF

brock

Jul 6, 2003, 6:47pm
Many people over many years have tried to convince AW to resort to
advertisement, commercials, etc. etc. but this has never happened, you are
just one of the people who has suggested it. Join the club. But AW will
never use the idea, why i do not know because i know that whenever AW
appears on a tv show, or a interview current users skyrocket. Apparently AWI
has not taken a hint. I myself got here via a interview on CNN with Rick
Noll and JP McCormick, i thought the program looked pretty intresting and
well 5 years later, i'm still on AW :)

--
Brock - 308723 - DE Leader

[View Quote] I joined and left. Then a couple years ago I saw a TV commercial for
FANDOM. Then after FANDOM sunk, I came to AW. I guess advertisements
do something.

light form

Jul 6, 2003, 7:17pm
I linked up through FANDOM from visiting their site to look up some
fanfiction (that was their main business) and saw their vary nicely done
teaser video (for those of you who did FANDOM, "A sanctuary underwater..."
etc) so I had to join. After that sunk I came to AW.
But, not less than 6 months or so ago, I think it was some Scandanavian
channel did a tech show and featured AW. After the show, AW was populated
like no time I could remember.

LF

mike zimmer

Jul 6, 2003, 11:28pm
Pretty good though. I have a lot of admiration for people who can speak more
than one language.
--
-Miek Zimmer
*Mike

[View Quote]

shred

Jul 7, 2003, 1:01am
Unfortunately, AWI has no marketing department and apparently doesn't care about getting the word out. Hell, AWI is too lazy to update their download.com account and don't even bother getting listed on Tucows... Do they want to fail, or what?

There's absolutely no excuse not to take advantage of free advertisement. The idea of virtual reality may no longer be 'hip' enough to spot a free interview with a major news corporation, and I have many doubts that AWI could afford even thirty seconds of commercial airtime on a popular television station, but listing their product on popular download sites (something which is entirely free) is just plain incompetence or simply a lack of caring.

[View Quote] Yeah, I think I remember you. ;)

Oh yeah, by the way, I know Raven's PPW... it's so obvious now and I
could've had so much fun taunting LightBird with ED and such. ;) I
think I got onto Emperor Fandom's PPW once or twice by accident.

light form

Jul 7, 2003, 7:19am
I'm the one that got ejected from the Universe on News Years Eve. That
LightBird, what a...<lovely lady> ;)

LF

[View Quote] That's right, I remember that now. That was Raven's stupidest mistake
ever; Giving her eject in all 4 worlds. If people thought the GK's were
corrupt.. oh boy.