<no subject> (Community)

<no subject> // Community

1  |

allen iverson

Jun 1, 2002, 12:14am
Has Anyone else experienced AW 3.3 Crashing Alot or is it just me?

Allen Iverson

a1cttourist5

Jun 1, 2002, 5:16am
I have not :-)

> Has Anyone else experienced AW 3.3 Crashing Alot or is it just me?
>
> Allen Iverson

"allen iverson" <Allenv12 at hotmail.com> wrote in news:3cf82de9$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Has Anyone else experienced AW 3.3 Crashing Alot or is it just me?
>
> Allen Iverson

Nope, 3.3 hasn't crashed even once for me :-)) DX8 mode gives me 4x
(sometimes more!) improvement in performance too! Only person I know about
that has had bigtime trouble with 3.3 is Roland at the leaving party last
night ;-))

KAH

the joker ss

Jun 1, 2002, 10:20am
i had it a few times
"allen iverson" <Allenv12 at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3cf82de9$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Has Anyone else experienced AW 3.3 Crashing Alot or is it just me?
>
> Allen Iverson

One of my friends crashed this morning everytime he switched
his avatar. After 4 or 5 times he went back to 3.2

[View Quote]

echomencer

Jun 1, 2002, 7:11pm
wasn't there some posting I think back in the beta news group to do with
avatars making the browser crash that was to do with how the avatar
hierarchy was constructed at build time.

[View Quote]

brant

Jun 2, 2002, 1:51am
I haven't crashed at all today. But this reminds me of a problem I had with
the world server this morning. When I was trying to install build 41, I was
met with "old style cell database - run convert" errors. Someone told me
that the problem was Windows XP, but fortunately I was able to delete the
databases and it worked fine. Perhaps the browser crashes, likewise, are
mostly caused by application and operating system incompatibilities, rather
than an internal problem with Activeworlds.

Just a suggestion.......

[View Quote]

the derek

Jun 2, 2002, 2:21am
YES it crashes all the time for me
[View Quote]

mr. t

Jun 6, 2002, 9:35pm
I run Windows 98 and it gave me the same message every time I started (I had
installed the beta version and then uninstalled it when I ran into the
message. But it still came up). I then just uninstalled all my
ActiveWorlds and went to their site and downloaded the new version again.
This fixed the problem. Of course I was stupid and forgot to save a copy of
the teleport.txt file before I uninstalled!

We fixed our problem too, it was one specific avatar that
made 3.3 crash. Just loading and saving in avatar mode of
AccuTrans helped :)

[View Quote]

d a n

Jun 7, 2002, 11:32am
When i swithced to DirectX 8.0 Mode I got an error in D3D8.dll or something
like that, its ok now but then it kept crashing again. After a restart its
ok!