AW 2.2 (Community)

AW 2.2 // Community

1  |

tyberius

Nov 6, 2001, 9:12pm
would anyone happen to know where you can get the old version 2.2? trying to
run it on an old comp and 3.2 keeps telling me not enough vid memory, never
had the prob when I ran 2.2 off of it.

Thx in advance
Tyberius

alphabit phalpha

Nov 6, 2001, 9:39pm
I think I have it on a disk:)

[View Quote]

data21

Nov 6, 2001, 9:39pm
Hi, I looked all over the AW web page, I can't find a download for it.
However www.dreamlandpark.com still has it for download, you could get that
and then config the ini file to make it go in AW.

Hey, guys, I gave the AW version to him :) No need to pester yourself with
it hehe, should've posted it for others.

http://www.videoranch.com/html/vr3dbrowser.html

You need to remove the host= and port= entries in
aworld.ini after you installed it, in order to
connect to ActiveWorlds

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

tyberius

Nov 6, 2001, 10:34pm
:) I appreciate everyone for all the willingness to help

Tyb

At least none of the "bad guys" are still here :) Otherwise you'd be seeing
lots of "get an new computer you $^ at ! nut" etc etc. :)

alphabit phalpha

Nov 7, 2001, 5:02am
LOL:)
And your welcome Tyberius:)
Good luck!
Also...maybe check your settings for virtual memory on the slower pc.

tyberius

Nov 7, 2001, 5:16am
well the older comp worked perfect with 2.2, 3.2 killed the damn thing,
locks it up whenever it tries to start up 3.2 so I figure why fiddle with it
when ya already know what works with it. lol and Bowen those "Bad Guys" were
basically the main reason I didn't post here, don't come here to put up with
em.

Tyberius

Virtual memory doesn't help for the video card, and in
laptop PCs you cannot just exchange that, I guess the
2.2 is really still needed, so we can only hope that AW
has a heart for old PCs and doesn't increase the minimum
browser setting of the universe as long as possible.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

In case the browser you have now is not the latest 2.2 :
http://3dnetz.de have late versions of 2.2, 3.1 and 3.2
there :)

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

agent fox mulder

Nov 7, 2001, 11:13am
I have 1.*whatever*,2.2,3.0,3.1 On disk

agent fox mulder

Nov 7, 2001, 11:15am
Lol,The bad guys i remember when i was newsgroup enemy number 1(Still
am,when i came back people left)because i used To Type Like This In Caps At
The Start Of Every Sentence

agent fox mulder

Nov 7, 2001, 11:16am
sentence=word in last post

alphabit phalpha

Nov 7, 2001, 1:04pm
That reminds me back when I first came into AW. Alpha was running it on a
486 and minimums were a P133 ....I think?
That guy could make a computer sing even if it didn't have any vocal
chords...LOL

like this http://oct31.de/tmp/alpha1.jpg ?
(found somewhere on the web)

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

alphabit phalpha

Nov 7, 2001, 4:43pm
Whoa...that's back in the "Grover" days:)
I'll send that to Mauz or AWHS for Historical archives. Thanks Ananas!

newbie

Nov 8, 2001, 1:48am
http://objects.activeworlds.com/downloads/awb22.exe seems to work still.

tyberius <tyberius at cinci.rr.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3be87c82 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> would anyone happen to know where you can get the old version 2.2? trying
> run it on an old comp and 3.2 keeps telling me not enough vid memory,
never
> had the prob when I ran 2.2 off of it.
>
> Thx in advance
> Tyberius

david16

Nov 8, 2001, 9:07pm
http://objects.activeworlds.com/downloads/awb22.exe doesn't work anymore
but it will download after is done downloading then it will take you to an
3.2 instill they change it around so less ppl gets 2.2

[View Quote]

dzap

Nov 9, 2001, 2:53pm
"david16" <david2man at home.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3beb1e2f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> http://objects.activeworlds.com/downloads/awb22.exe doesn't work
anymore
> but it will download after is done downloading then it will take you
to an
> 3.2 instill they change it around so less ppl gets 2.2

I must say I doubted this at first but it is actually true! If they
choose to remove the 2.2 download that is fine but intentionally trick
you into believing your are downloading 2.2 when you are not is bad
judgement. It's perhaps pushing the argument a bit far but what if they
think that if you are stupid enough to wanting to download an older
version you get a trojan or a virus instead.

Jonas aka dZap

I believe that is one of the reasons why they removed the download from
their web page. So people wouldn't go and cry foul like they do with every
other thing around here.
--
SW Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?

[View Quote]

morgen

Nov 13, 2001, 12:29am
Ok here is a question.. when i load up 2.2 it says its expired version and
automatically updates to 3.2. HOW do i go around this and get it to just go
in through 2.2
[View Quote]

data21

Nov 13, 2001, 1:01am
use the skip button and it will bypass the update.

[View Quote]

azure t

Nov 14, 2001, 8:17pm
nope it doesn't it says it can't work and closes you out of it :/