I was ejected for speaking my mind??? (Community)

I was ejected for speaking my mind??? // Community

1  |

bodhi

Sep 14, 2001, 3:13pm
King Tex: it is a trvesty to do that in my opinion
TexaBit: See folks.....alot is going to offend alot here........please just
accept others beliefs and opinions!:(
Just In: what is it with you? can't you see you are inflaming people with
the way you are saying your message?
Bodhi: I am not allowed to say this here but ---- CNN USING 1991 FOOTAGE of
celebrating Palistinians to manipulate you ---- create sign bcolor=red;
activate url http://de.indymedia.org/2001/09/7454.html
Wolf Eyes: Well put TexaBit
Just In: okay - thats it - one more time and you will be ejected
OneSummer: Many people are shocked and hurt. Some messages left may
shock.Memmorial World does not neccessarily support all the sentiments
portrayed here. All of us at Active Worlds offer our deepest sympathies to
all touched by this tragedy.
Bodhi: (to Just In) cant you just be unbias for once
TexaBit: One Summer......I am going to remove my card here and not step foot
in this world again if Bodhi is not given the respect to voice his opinion
here...whats your decision?
McGavin: Hey Wolf eyes
Wolf Eyes: Hi McGavin
Exenvoid: Bodhi sings from a different branch in a strange tree that our
hopes do not need to hear is all .....
Just In: I am unbiased and I hate the random attacks against innocent
palestinians as much as you
Just In: your message is valid...
Just In: your delivery is tactless and hurtful
TexaBit: brb its in my other account
Exenvoid: Somethings always sing from else we sit,... the night is full of
them
OneSummer: I would like to remine everyone today is a day of prayer and
rememberance
Bodhi: I have just been threatened with ejection if I say this truth one
more time so here goes --- CNN USING 1991 FOOTAGE of celebrating
Palistinians to manipulate you ---- create sign bcolor=red; activate url
http://de.indymedia.org/2001/09/7454.html
McGavin: Bohdi, it's wildly inappropriate to hand out that link in a
memorial world
Nathan: Bodhi take it elsewhere
OneSummer: that is what what we are doing here
Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from memorial
Immigration Officer: Killing in retaliation will not bring back those who
died, Let us not forget the sanctity of ALL life... Welcome to Symbolic.
www.symbolicdreamtime.homestead.com Email: Bodhi at zoomgazoo.com

daphne

Sep 14, 2001, 3:42pm
I would not put it past any of our media to add as much fat to the fire as
they can... I gringe every time one of the media jerks asks someone "What
do you think we should do about it?" knowing full-well that they will get
angry words for an answer since people aren't yet thinking clearly... People
are still too hurt and scared and angry to think very far beyond the next
few days... All they know is they feel a need to lash out, thinking it
might help ease their pain... I'm feeling the same way too at times... :o(

CNN, or any of the other media, can't really be trusted to give unbiased
news... None of the News magazines do objective reporting now either...
About the only thing you MIGHT be able to trust is a newspaper editor or
reporter who has actually done the research and looked at a subject from
many angles... Even then you must rely a LOT on your own judgement to know
whether to believe them or not... Nothing is EVER as black and white as our
news media would like us poor sheep to believe... Be very careful about
who you let "pull your strings" during the times when emotions are running
high...

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Sep 14, 2001, 4:39pm
While i was not there to actually see what had transpired but all my
info is obtained by reading your chat logs of what happened... i'm
going to form my own opinion.

I'm going to support Just In's AND OneSummer's position on this as yes
YOU are hurting people. You way of doing it is NOT A NEWS ORGANIZATION
REPORTING SOMETHING but as a individual with your OWN PERSONAL OPINION
AND IDEALS.

While it might be OK for a NEWS ORGANIZATION to report on this type of
things... It is just that NEWS OF EVENTS that have taken place. NOT
someones own personal opinions and ideals and their parsonal beliefs.

YOU on the other hand are acting solely as a person and for you to
state this are acting on your own personal opinions and personal
beliefs. AND by you stating that at a MEMORIAL IS NOT OK. It might
better be used at some verbal rally where you and your friends get
together or you and your supporters get together and shout your
beliefs... BUT at a memorial it is tottaly out of bounds and Just In &
OneSummer havd every right to EJECT you from the Memorial World.

"bodhi" <Certainty at go.com> wrote in
news:3ba23ab9 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> King Tex: it is a trvesty to do that in my opinion
> TexaBit: See folks.....alot is going to offend alot
> here........please just accept others beliefs and opinions!:(
> Just In: what is it with you? can't you see you are inflaming
> people with the way you are saying your message?
> Bodhi: I am not allowed to say this here but ---- CNN USING 1991
> FOOTAGE of celebrating Palistinians to manipulate you ---- create
> sign bcolor=red; activate url
> http://de.indymedia.org/2001/09/7454.html Wolf Eyes: Well put TexaBit
> Just In: okay - thats it - one more time and you will be ejected
> OneSummer: Many people are shocked and hurt. Some messages left may
> shock.Memmorial World does not neccessarily support all the
> sentiments portrayed here. All of us at Active Worlds offer our
> deepest sympathies to all touched by this tragedy.
> Bodhi: (to Just In) cant you just be unbias for once
> TexaBit: One Summer......I am going to remove my card here and not
> step foot in this world again if Bodhi is not given the respect to
> voice his opinion here...whats your decision?
> McGavin: Hey Wolf eyes
> Wolf Eyes: Hi McGavin
> Exenvoid: Bodhi sings from a different branch in a strange tree that
> our hopes do not need to hear is all .....
> Just In: I am unbiased and I hate the random attacks against innocent
> palestinians as much as you
> Just In: your message is valid...
> Just In: your delivery is tactless and hurtful
> TexaBit: brb its in my other account
> Exenvoid: Somethings always sing from else we sit,... the night is
> full of them
> OneSummer: I would like to remine everyone today is a day of prayer
> and rememberance
> Bodhi: I have just been threatened with ejection if I say this truth
> one more time so here goes --- CNN USING 1991 FOOTAGE of celebrating
> Palistinians to manipulate you ---- create sign bcolor=red;
> activate url http://de.indymedia.org/2001/09/7454.html
> McGavin: Bohdi, it's wildly inappropriate to hand out that link in a
> memorial world
> Nathan: Bodhi take it elsewhere
> OneSummer: that is what what we are doing here
> Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from memorial
> Immigration Officer: Killing in retaliation will not bring back those
> who died, Let us not forget the sanctity of ALL life... Welcome
> to Symbolic. www.symbolicdreamtime.homestead.com Email:
> Bodhi at zoomgazoo.com

carolann

Sep 14, 2001, 4:45pm
Of Course He should be able to speak his mind...but that is no more
appropriate in a memorial world than is putting up flyers about rumors
surrounding the death of your family member at his/her funeral or
memorial service. A memorial service or place should be and is in r/l
meant to be a time to think of those gone, not anything to do with
obscure peripheral details not directly related to their life. Certainly
not for politically inflaming rumors. I do urge anyone though, since it
has been shown, to go to the website and see that the link leads to a
story that has no proof or other background information. He could have
said that the footage came from his last birthday party and it wouldn't
be less provable at this point. That story had no right to be anywhere
without proof, just hearsay and was only and obviously meant to inflame.
I'm sure CNN has enough grim and gruesome footage to get the point
across without risking their credibility doing something that would be
easy to uncover. Also..weren't people who came their to pay respects to
the dead also entitled to speak their mind about having such a
depressing story where they came to mourn their loss?
[View Quote] [View Quote]

cozmo

Sep 14, 2001, 4:53pm
anoying people by repeating messages will get you ejected every time

Er.. bodhi... Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC all showed different LIVE clips of
that footage. They didn't fraud anyone. I mean seriously... you think Bill
O'Reilly would continue working at Fox News if they did that? He's a
populist and populists believe people deserve the right to know the facts
absent of manipulation. I mean come on... that's just one example alone.

Another much more credible example are the official denials from Yassir
Arafat saying that he was saddenned and embarrased by Palestinians
celebrating. Your claims simply don't fit the facts.
--
Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?

[View Quote]

bodhi

Sep 14, 2001, 7:57pm
Er.. chris.. here is another URL:
http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=63454&group=webcast

[View Quote]

wing.

Sep 14, 2001, 8:54pm
*beats everyone that's replied to these threads senseless*
Comon people, lets not fight among each other, it's just not appropriate.
Bodhi, though he's commited a sin in these groups is not where your angers
should be directed. Who gives a shit whether some news coverage was faked,
somewhere in the world, someone IS celebrating, whether Palestinian or not
is a moot point.

Get yourselves laid or somthing over the weekend, it's been a hard week for
everyone and everyone's tense and ready to beat up on anyone. For anything,
even people for just being of Arab descent or practicing the muslim
religion. These people are simply miniaturized versions of the terrorists we
are about to wage an all-out war on. Don't lose focus of the real enemy.

Sorry if I've gotten the actual thread's content all wrong, I don't even
have the patience to read it all anymore.

[I don't care if you're American or not, so don't gimmie that shit, this
isn't an American issue, it's a worldwide issue]

Ok, after reading the article and all the responses, here's my take on this:

It seems to me there is a misunderstanding as to "why" the footage was used.
Seeing as this guy has it on video tape for some strange reason (who records
news?), CNN did probably use recycled footage. I'll concede you on that
point.

But what I won't concede is that we don't know why. All anyone besides the
folks at CNN has is speculation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you maintain
that CNN used recycled footage to somehow swindle the people of the United
States, to not give them the big picture or something like that. Before you
go running around flinging accusations, perhaps you should think through
about why CNN would pull the proverbial wool over the eyes of Americans. I
can't really find a valid reason, but if you can, that's great. It's still
not proof.

Another little conclusion as to why CNN showed recycled footage was found in
one of the comments by an Ami Isseroff. Quoted, it reads, "It may be true
that CNN "recycled" 1991 footage of Palestinians celebrating the invasion of
Kuwait, or the Scud missiles falling on Israel.
The reason is that the Tanzim and the PNA have threatened that if footage
that is shot now is shown, they will kill newsmen of the service that does
it."

I would say that's a very valid reason for showing recycled footage. But
again, there are still those live shots by correspondents in the field from
FOX News and MSNBC that show similar, if not the same, scenery of
Palestinians celebrating. I bring this up just to make one point. Just
because one network appears to be defrauding its viewers, it doesn't mean
that similar events shown in the recycled footage are not actually
happening. Palestinians did celebrate, albeit a vast, vast minority that
just happened to get caught on camera. The statement by Arafat confirms
this. The PLO leader himself is evidence, and you can't get much better
than that.

So two points here. The first is that you can't automatically assume the
worst because a network happens to show recorded footage. They might
actually have a good reason for it. And the second is that a few
Palestinians did celebrate, as it was confirmed by Arafat himself.

SW Chris
"Taking what someone says at face value proves you're an idiot."

Comments below:
[View Quote] ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FRICKEN MIND!???

Arab Americans and Arabs and Muslims in general are NOT the target of United
States aggression and NEITHER is Islam! Get in your head. If you're stupid
enough to believe that just because someone is of a certain descent that
they are "miniturized versions of the terrorists" then you've got another
thing coming. WAKE UP. What do you think the whole black rights thing was
about? People CANNOT control where what lineage they are born into. And
that lineage at large should NOT be held responsible for the actions of
terrorists who just happen to be from that same lineage. Sheesh. Grow up
Wing and take your ignorance somewhere else. I can't stand racists...

SW Chris

wing.

Sep 15, 2001, 1:04pm
Errrrrrrrrrr, Chrisssss. I never said they were. I said that those that
THINK they are are simply small-time terrorists.

My wording was exceptionally shitty, but we all make mistakes.

*phew* :)

No tolerance for racism in here. Sorry I called you one.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

x aw explorer x

Sep 23, 2001, 9:57pm
Unfortunately, I have seen the news media try to use what I would call less
than ethical tactics to try to persuade their point of view.

Example: One cable news information network that I choose not to name used
a guy that was a former owner of a Perfume company to make their point after
the bombing of the twin towers. I feel the entire interview was bogus - a
form of roll playing. The perfume guy acted overly sensitive to the idea of
war, while the news interview guy acted the opposite - in favor of war. The
news guy seemed logical in every way, and made the former perfume company
owner look like an outcast and a fool. At the end of the interview the news
guy said, "OK, cut off his mike." My husband watched this interview with me
and could not remotely see through the bull, yelling wildly in favor of
having the perfume guy's mike cut off.

I was extremely angry that this was portrayed with a news network I trusted
to be ethical and give me unbiased, truthful, facts and debate. I wonder
how many more people eat up balderdash such as this.

While I 100% agree with you that the news tries to sway our opinion by
throwing information out to us that is questionable, I also feel there is an
appropriate place for debating that - and my opinion is you picked the wrong
place.

Could be why AWNews was formed?

AW Explorer

what you feel, and reality are two very different things... for example,
because Goober King used "*smirk*" once in a chat conversation you went all
mad at him... I would think you're simply overreacting, and being silly...
grow up!