Lower The Worlds Prices (Community)

Lower The Worlds Prices // Community

1  2  |

jfk2 builder

Aug 30, 2001, 4:14pm
This is what he said in another message thread...
And it is a news article on www.awnews.com with several comments about
that as well... [at the site that they give you you should check it out
as JFK2 posted a rather big 2 sign5.rwx's on that subject there]

And is whey i would LOVE to see the world prices come down.
SINCE i have allready paid for my cit I don't need another CIT in that
world. If i want a few more cits FINE.... $19.95 for JFK2 Nurse, JFK2
Secretary, JFK2 Wife, JFK2 Bookeeper, etc.... and in the long run it
would make more $$$ revenue for Active Worlds that way while lowering
the world prices so us folks can afford the BIGGER worlds so we can
really do something. p50/15 or p80/30 or something.... It would help
us out alot. AND all that price reduction might help other struggling
universes that use AW technology to make it work & keep them up and
running.[Vectorscape's Failure because in part HUGE world prices]

Newsgroups: community
Subject: Re: Value of a cit
From: "m a r c u s" <i_have_a_site at yahoo.com>

I didn't know was here to "express" myself. I am simply stating fact:

A) worlds come with citizens
b) activeworlds has a register button for citizenship and they don't
have the teachers teach about worlds before a tourist buys a world.

c) hence, a tourist buys a citizenship, then finds out about the world,
and then ends up paying Active Worlds $20 more than they needed to when
it comes to the purchase of a world of $80.

If Activeworlds charged me $60 for a world and used the $20 I gave for
the citizenship to be applied for the citizenship that would have come
with the world, then I wouldn't be bringing this up over and over and
over again.

I will continue to bring this up over and over and over again until it
is addressed. It doesn't matter how much research I do, how many
people I talk, who can flame me the worst, I will continue to post here
for as long as I can telling people about this FACT.

It's not an expression, it is a fact. Common sense would tell the
citizen to not pay a company that practices in deceptive practice like
once they find out. Active Worlds has the greater knowledge and has
the LEGAL responsibility to inform the consumer of the services with
costs before they sign up and pay consideration for services. I was
only informed of their citizenship through car salesman tactics. They
put one guy out in the front GZ to bring in people to the teaching
areas, and then they have teachers on call to sell citizenships like it
was a car.

Am I to blame the person who got me to buy a citizenship? no, but I
could have been informed to buy a world with it saving me $20. At
least then, a person could have the choice to actively refuse to not
buy a world knowing the information before paying anything.

The reality is, I would have paid them $80, I would have continued to
develop a home in AW thus upgrading the worlds and giving Active Worlds
money. They lost out on me in business and respect as a company who
cares about their customers. Well, there's my rant.... (pick apart
flamers, have fun missing the reality and chew on your addiction some
more)

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 30, 2001, 5:19pm
yeah vs failed cause of their prices... i wanted
one but couldnt afford it i was able to get a
p30/5 for less than i think a 10nswe world there
but its partly aws fualt in their universe prices
they cant make money if the universe owners cant
either aw doesnt get that though

another thing aw doesnt get is bulk rate- example
if you buy a 1liter bottle of soda and a 2 liter
bottle of soda you be paying less per liter for
the 2 liter bottle
but in aws worlds you pay the SAME PRICE per sq
meter for ALL worlds... in good business you
should pay LESS per sqmeter for larger worlds that
would make people want to buy bigger worlds more..
they also charge way to much for their user limit-
10 bucks a user. AWCOM doesnt get that its the
PRIVATE worlds that add a lot to the content of aw
so basically you buy a world and aw will profit
from the world itself and a nother world added in
the worldlist for people to look at. if all the
private worlds fill up they will be stuck with
awcom worlds and will get bored. my world NEEDS
more users on it but im not willing to pay 50
bucks extra... ill just let it stay filled up
until awcom smartens up a little about pricing. i
am not complaining about high prices they are fine
(except users) but HOW they price is bad

in the small to medium size worlds there is no need to lower the actual
world price (except that the user limit fee is way too high vs number of
users!), BUT what they need to do is remove the first-year liscence fee,
because the new automated system running completely off their own server
truly costs them like 50 cents a day, and then a 70$ fee is outrageous! if
you take a P-10/5 it costs 10$ to renew (actual world cost), but as you have
a 70$ setup fee it costs 80$ the first year... most 6 year olds could afford
the 10$ here in Norway, but the 80$ is trickyer (even though six year olds
shouldn't have worlds, I used it as an example for comparasion)... there is
no more manual setup (read a setup process that requires a human employee to
do something) anymore, so it is a rip off to charge a setup fee... maybe
something for the BBB?

sw comit

Aug 30, 2001, 6:15pm
Hehe I just think there's not enough land for the prices. I don't wanna
brag but me and my friends pretty freakin' fast, and we could fill those
cheap worlds in a matter of days, if not hours - doesn't seem worth the
price O_O

However you're going for something that focuses on events rather than
building, I bet a world is the way to go. Although, even that, you're still
limited to the number of people who can go to your world =0

[View Quote]

gamer

Aug 30, 2001, 6:26pm
Just buy a P10/5 and crack it ;)

*waits for NG suspension*

-Gamer

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 12:04am
If they inform the tourist at the time they get a citizenship they could
save money in the long run by getting a world, then the costs wouldn't seem
like a lot. It would mean $20 less than the initial cost.

If activeworlds is too stingy to save just $20 for their users, what makes
you think they will lower the costs of worlds accross the board? They get
who they can get addicted and charge up the wazooo. Sorry, but I ain't
getting addicted on this. You guys can milk their pockets.

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 31, 2001, 3:30am
uh marcus give it up they do inform them so far
EVERY PERSON HERE knows about it so you obviously
didnt do what the average person does and they
HAVE lowered prices before a world used to cost
around 800 when aw first started as far as i can
remember and just about a year ago they reidid
them across the board. thats why te page setup is
different than the universes... get your facts
straight for once sheesh

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 4:44am
Simple question, YES or NO:

When you registered for a citizenship and clicked the "Register Now!"
button, did it inform you that you could also buy a world which would incude
a citizenship?

All I want is a simple YES or NO, I don't need excuses or reasons why we
could have done other things. This is way they set it up, the programmers
made it so you would click a button to register if you were signed on as
tourist. Working with that method, did Active Worlds inform people when
registering about this fact regarding citizenships within a cost of a world?

If I had known I could have bought a world with citizenship, then I would
have bought that. Now my only choice is to buy a world which would come
with a citizenship I don't need.

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 31, 2001, 8:50am
Just buy a p10/5 and crack it....sounds nice.... BUT i don't know how
to crack anything except sometimes people's nerves. lol Maybe i and
everyone here should give you a ring....

"gamer" <Robbie at AWlife.net> wrote in
news:3b8ea17a at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Just buy a P10/5 and crack it ;)
>
> *waits for NG suspension*
>
> -Gamer

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 31, 2001, 9:20am
When i clicked on my button to buy my citizen i was given a pop up
charge card quick pay on the spot thing and i entered all the info
right then and bought a cit. I found out the hard way about owning a
world about the time i got a 30 day free trial world.... ABOUT 2 weeks
AFTER i paid my $19.95 for a cit.... Geesh.... a little late for
me.... So when i get a world i don't want a free cit... So i would much
rather they lower the price a little and takeout that free cit thing as
i allready have 2 i don't need any more BUT would like a big world but
can't afford it PLUS cits as well.... That is just tooooooooo stupid.

"m a r c u s" <i_have_a_site at yahoo.com> wrote in
news:3b8f323f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Simple question, YES or NO:
>
> When you registered for a citizenship and clicked the "Register Now!"
> button, did it inform you that you could also buy a world which would
> incude a citizenship?
>
> All I want is a simple YES or NO, I don't need excuses or reasons why
> we could have done other things. This is way they set it up, the
> programmers made it so you would click a button to register if you
> were signed on as tourist. Working with that method, did Active
> Worlds inform people when registering about this fact regarding
> citizenships within a cost of a world?
>
> If I had known I could have bought a world with citizenship, then I
> would have bought that. Now my only choice is to buy a world which
> would come with a citizenship I don't need.

[View Quote]

zero

Aug 31, 2001, 12:20pm
Is it possible you people could whine a little more? Go use another program
if you are so unsatisfied.
Man, I cant believe you all.

the derek

Aug 31, 2001, 2:05pm
its meant as an easy way to register its not MEANT
to be an excessive detailed explanation. thats
what their sites for all it is is a quicker way to
register than calling them or mailing them and to
answer your question
Nope

[View Quote]

the derek

Aug 31, 2001, 2:08pm
i think they allow you to switch the cits around
so the one you payed for origonally (and probably
built a lot with) would be renewed with your
world. and i think there are a lot of people
registering way too fast some register before they
even know how to build but if you use it as a
tourist you shouldve spent at least SOME time on
their site and at least looked at the prices for
the worlds?

Please see the Issues and Trolls and Stonedeafs, Oh My! thread on the
General.Discussion.

--
Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?

AW world prices are too high vs. what you get... we have the right to
complain...

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 3:35pm
NO NO, see http://members.aol.com/chessmusic/gcn/gcnmusic.htm (Best for
higher connections)
[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 3:39pm
I am :-)

http://members.aol.com/chessmusic/gcn/gcnmusic.htm (Best for higher
connections)

[View Quote]

gamer

Aug 31, 2001, 3:40pm
I would, but how could I possible screw over good ol' AWCOM? And loverly
Fac, Rick, Luc and the rest of the crew. Just look at all those innocent
faces...*silence so someone else can make a wise crack out of it*

We don't care. Post that link again and I WILL report you to your ISP.
--
Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

We don't care. Post that link one more time and I WILL report you to your
ISP.
--
Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Aug 31, 2001, 6:50pm
people who want worlds are going to buy them rather they cost 10 or 100.. people will find a way to get the money.. not only that
but when you look at how many world's there are.. i don't think that weather one specific person buys a world or not doesn't really
matter..
not only that... it doesn't matter if you would rather have the cit be reduced a $20 world reduction..the cit's aren't part of the
world cost.. there just "gifts" for getting a world.. that's why it says free cits included.. VS didn't die because of world prices,
it died becuse of Lord Vector's marital problems, lowering prices *ARE NOT* going to make them more money.. lets look at it..

Many people urge AW to take away the *license* fee.. ok.. so let's say they did.. there's a world that costs 100 + 70 license, and 5
people buy it a day..that's $850.. if they rid the licesne fee.. i doubt any more then 3 people a day will buy the world then
wouldn't have otherwise.. even so, that makes the profit down to.. 800, and that's a generous estimation too. Big deal that there
are 100, 200 names on a petition thing.. that means that there are hundreds of thousands of names that aren't, do you think that if
100 MORE people bought a world in a year, then wouldn't have, but EVERY world purchase is 70 lower.. that they'll make more money?
hmm.. that's something to think about..

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Aug 31, 2001, 6:52pm
the cits *ARE NOT* included in the price, they are *gifts* if you want to get money back from them, resale them.. if no one will buy
a year one from you (and I don't blame them, i'de just reg my cit with aw) then "license" it as a 6 or 3 month cit.. then they'll
just keep paying YOU for the cit rather then aw...

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Aug 31, 2001, 6:54pm
No, because world purchases don't include a cit, it's a *gift* aw can easily any time take the cits off and replace it with
something else.. it's like buying a whopper and getting free fries.. they're not gonna put on their menu board that fries are
included with a whopper purchase, because in a week from now they might not be..

uh... it would actually... if it's cheaper, more ppl will afford it, thus
more money... anyway, if they want to have those 70 dollars they might as
well put it into the price instead of calling it a setup fee, huh?

m a r c u s

Aug 31, 2001, 11:51pm
So if you post a URL I can report you?
http://members.aol.com/chessmusic/gcn/gcnmusic.htm

If you want it, enjoy, if you don't DON'T CLICK

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Sep 1, 2001, 4:20am
LMAO!!!!!!!!
Well... another possible solution is to have everyone leave AW in
droves. JBELL mentioned that same thing in a reply on the General
Discussions part of the NGS... But that is another thing to consider.
Everyone leave AW in droves to other Universes and Galaxy servers and
then when AW sees less & less people here they will do what all good
business will do... Try and WOO us back by lowering the world prices
a little.... Who knows.... If they do it far enough then the people
will come back in droves.... And AWCOM will be most happy along with
Fac, Rick, Luc and the rest of the crew....

But we were hoping that maybe someone could prove another point....
Find some tiny loophole so we only pay for a p10/5 and end up with some
Alpha World sized World.... My new world name will be FUNFUN
and wide open building set to HUGE and all the 3.1 commands.....
That way if anyone wants to BOT COPY anything and drop it in FUNFUN
world..... Go right ahead. This can make for some HUGE cities.....

Lets see..... Anyone have a copy of NY or BW and want to expand on
that alot.... FUNFUN world....

and until AWCOM can find the oops.... Well.... at least it'll be
FUNFUN for awhile. LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhh...... That huge world will need a path....
OK.... jfkworlds.com should do nicely lol
[[[WARNING.... NOTHING IS IN THERE YET]]]

"gamer" <Robbie at AWlife.net> wrote in
news:3b8fcc24 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I would, but how could I possible screw over good ol' AWCOM? And
> loverly Fac, Rick, Luc and the rest of the crew. Just look at all
> those innocent faces...*silence so someone else can make a wise crack
> out of it*

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 1, 2001, 6:11am
well you have already spammed that url to someone
so yeah he can actually

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 1, 2001, 6:13am
not to mention people who paid that after it was
automated protesting to be paid back

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 1, 2001, 6:14am
VS did go under cause of costs im not sure if you
even looked at them but a 10x10 world wouldve cost
me nearly 300 us dollars with 5-10 users or
something like that

You are talking suicide of a community.

SW Chris