tony m // User Search

1  2  |

Use SDK event handler inside a class instance

Mar 5, 2005, 6:28pm
Hi neophile,

Class methods cannot be used for event handlers, as they have an implicit 'this' parameter. You must use plain C functions.

[View Quote]

Botgram Bug

Mar 25, 2005, 4:38pm
23:56:08 VRT: - botgram type 1 received from TechnoZeus (155965):
aw://64.94.241.250:5670/aw/raw/-7867787,15,9591051,2590

My bots received this when TechnoZeus attempted to invite me while I was offline.

Dev C++ 4.9.9.2 and AW SDK

Apr 21, 2005, 9:05pm
Have you tried remaking your import library? (http://brutus.homeunix.org/aw/sdk_devcpp.htm)

[View Quote] > Hi, I use DevCpp and since I had updated my version 4.9.9.0 to 4.9.9.2 , all my compiled applications crash when happen the aw_init(AW_BUILD) function: My sources codes not change since the upgrade and the compilation not report any warning or error. Is someone have an idea or solution?
> Thanks in advance.

AW_EVENT_TERRAIN_DATA

May 8, 2005, 12:04am
AW_TERRAIN_NODE_X
AW_TERRAIN_NODE_Z
AW_TERRAIN_NODE_SIZE
AW_TERRAIN_NODE_HEIGHT_COUNT
AW_TERRAIN_NODE_HEIGHTS

Using this data in the TERRAIN_DATA event, is it possible to determine the 'property' cell (like 7S 6E) of cells inside the terrain node?

SDK Suggestion: IP address on AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD

May 23, 2005, 7:25pm
It would be nice for bots with eject rights to be given an avatar's IP address (AW_AVATAR_ADDRESS) on in AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD. It would spare both having to set up AW_CALLBACK_ADDRESS and make a call to aw_address().

the next step in programing :P

May 31, 2005, 4:42pm
[View Quote] > Giles a écrit :

> Maybe you are using aw_wait(-1) ? If yes, the AW SDK take for itself all the thread time for it. your rich control is not refresh by the windows system. You have 2 solutions for resolve it : make an aw_wait(20) inside the windows callback loop (20 ms for exemple) or use a specific thread for AW. I using Dev CPP 4.9.9.0 with the wxWidgets (better than windows API for the GUI)

You should use 0 for aw_wait(), as any non-zero value will cause the GUI to block. As I understand it, the value of 0 will cause aw_wait() to just process immediately without blocking.

the next step in programing :P

May 31, 2005, 9:34pm
[View Quote] > oops sry i frogot to mention what it fails todo :P it fails to connect to aw here's the connection code:

> addline("Connecting....\n");
> if (rc=aw_create("auth.activeworlds.com", 5670, 0))
> {//5670,"auth.activeworlds.com"
> sprintf(tempstr,"Unable to Connect (reason %d)\n", rc);
> adderrline(tempstr);
> //return 0;
> }
> else
> addline("Connected...\n");
>
> ok adderrline and addline are both helper functions i made to help with writeing the log

Reason code 500 is RC_CANT_RESOLVE_UNIVERSE_HOST.

the next step in programing :P

May 31, 2005, 9:39pm
[View Quote] > oops sry i frogot to mention what it fails todo :P it fails to connect to aw here's the connection code:

> addline("Connecting....\n");
> if (rc=aw_create("auth.activeworlds.com", 5670, 0))
> {//5670,"auth.activeworlds.com"
> sprintf(tempstr,"Unable to Connect (reason %d)\n", rc);
> adderrline(tempstr);
> //return 0;
> }
> else
> addline("Connected...\n");
>
> ok adderrline and addline are both helper functions i made to help with writeing the log

By the way, if you just want to get into the default universe aw_create(0, 0, 0) is sufficient.

You may need to check your DNS server to see if something is wrong if you are receiving RC_CANT_RESOLVE_UNIVERSE_HOST (500).

Property Question

May 31, 2005, 3:23am
I have a bot which keeps track of the cell sequences it receives for sectors in a small database.

When this bot sends these sequence numbers to the server (via aw_query), how will the bot be notified that an object has been deleted since it last queried for property in that area?

Property Question

May 31, 2005, 6:45am
[View Quote] Okay. So what I can do is when I detect (in CELL_BEGIN event) a different in sequence numbers from what the bot has recorded, it erases that whole sector from its property database and issues a query for that sector.

What does the AW browser do in this situation?

Property Question

May 31, 2005, 6:51pm
[View Quote] > Okay. So what I can do is when I detect (in CELL_BEGIN event) a different in sequence numbers from what the bot has recorded, it erases that whole sector from its property database and issues a query for that sector.

No, that's actually going to be more of a hassle.

What I plan on having this bot do instead is in the CELL_BEGIN event, the bot will erase the cell from its property database. Any subsequent CELL_OBJECT events should fill it back up, and getting none would mean that the cell is empty.

Xelagot 3.608 available

Feb 21, 2005, 9:40pm
It's especially convienent with the Mozilla Suite -- click a link in Mozilla Mail, and it pops right up in the browser.

Just my two cents.

[View Quote]

TerraForge Public Stress Test

May 12, 2005, 9:23pm
I have recently completed a clone of the popular Demeter bot, "TerraForge", which allows non-caretakers to make use of terrain functionality.

TerraForge strives to remain compatible with behavior expected from Demeter so as to present a smooth transition for Demeter users to TerraForge. With noted exceptions, most of TerraForge's commands behave similar to Demeter's commands.

In order to properly assess TerraForge's ability to handle user stress, a public stress test is being run in the world "ziOn". All users (unfortunately except for tourists) are welcome to come into the world and play around with the bot.

This public beta will last one week, from 12 May 2005 (today) to 18 May 2005. During the first three days, public bots will not be permitted in the test. For the remaining four days, bots will be permitted.

After the stress testing period, TerraForge will become available for download.

Suggestions for TerraForge may be telegramed to me in ActiveWorlds.

Hope to see you in ziOn! Invite your friends and have a building party. ziOn is a P-30 world, and has been extended to 100 users by AWI for the duration of the test.

--
Tony M.

Xelagot 3.611 - terrain bugfix

May 25, 2005, 7:54pm
I've had this happen before. It's specific to Xelagot, and not the AW SDK.

It usually happens when Explorer crashes and X1 loses its tray icon. Since I can't restore it from the tray, it can't be safely shutdown since it tries to bring up a little "Do you wish to exit?" prompt.

[View Quote]

Test

Jun 2, 2005, 9:22pm
Do you realize that the first post which started this thread is well over 2 years old?

It's a simple "test" post. Get over it.

[View Quote]

Xelagot: Simple Scripting gone wrong

Jul 23, 2005, 3:07am
[View Quote] > This is my script as some might recognize as a simple chat relay script.
> It works ok, but it outputs this:
> Gnu32: h
> $cht
>
> It keeps showing the variable placeholder and not displaying results instead, what happened there?

All of those variables need to be declared... it didn't even work on mine. (version 3.610)

"$cht =" also did not work as expected, but "Concat $cht" does.

Fixed script:

[Head]
Type=Script
Version=2.0

[Settings]
Origin=0.000n 0.000w 0.00a 0.0
Run

[Script]
OnChatEvent Chat
Label MainLoop
Goto MainLoop
End

Event Chat
var $cht, $nam, $lin
GetChatName $nam
GetChatline $lin
Concat $cht $nam ":" #9 $lin
ConMsg 0 $cht
EndEvent

AW for Linux

Apr 3, 2005, 8:13pm
The AW browser is bolted on to Windows by too many critical things:

* Renderware (is there an RW for Linux now?)
* Windows Media Player (for the 'media' command)
* Internet Explorer (for the in-browser web panel)
* Faircom CTree database (what about this one?)

It seems to me that a complete rewrite of AW's browser is necessary to make a Linux version possible. IMO, this is not something AWI has the manpower to do.

[View Quote]

AW for Linux

Apr 5, 2005, 10:48am
[View Quote] > [...] OSF will be asked to look into this now. [...]

The OSF has absolutely no authority over a private company's actions. It is completely absurd for you to even think that they do, and only continues to prove the notion that you're just a Linux zealot trying to push your own agenda.

'R i c h a r d' has already told you it is possible to use AW under WINE. If you won't do this, then there's no alternative for you. If you REALLY want to run AW, get your hardware in check and figure out what went wrong under Windows XP -- that really is the *only* problem you've had with Windows XP.

I'm personally getting sick of your Linux-pushing agenda, and I'm sure many others are too. You need to lighten up on it, or else you're only going to increase the resistance to your idea.

NewAW

May 4, 2005, 9:46pm
http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/images/universe_worlds.png

I assume any world owner can request AWI to uncheck "Display in World List" for their world.

[View Quote]

SDK Suggestion: IP address on AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD

May 23, 2005, 7:25pm
It would be nice for bots with eject rights to be given an avatar's IP address (AW_AVATAR_ADDRESS) on in AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD. It would spare both having to set up AW_CALLBACK_ADDRESS and make a call to aw_address().

Sector Outline in Cell Grid

Jun 4, 2005, 10:46pm
Might be handy to have the cell grid outline sector areas as well... or you could just throw in a "Sector Grid"...

SDK botgram to include sending session

Jun 5, 2005, 3:01am
While we're at it, the session number should also be available in AW_EVENT_CONSOLE_MESSAGE.

[View Quote] > It would be great if we had a session # of the bot sending the message included as an attribute - at the moment unique identification of the bot sending is impossible without pre-arranged keys.

Active Worlds browser closes itself

Dec 2, 2004, 8:30pm
If you have _only_ a firewall on the affected PC (or external gateway), without antivirus software, then the firewall doesn't stop you from downloading a virus and running it.

[View Quote]

Any news on New AW?

Dec 7, 2004, 8:26pm
You know, that really looks odd in Mozilla...

http://crb.delusional-minds.com/face.png

[View Quote]

Three Years Later...

Jan 2, 2005, 8:19pm
The letter now lives in the Internet Archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030224070238/http://www.activeworlds.com/letter.html

Unfortunately, the 6 Feb 2002 version is all we have; the other revisions of the letter seem to have forever vanished.

[View Quote]

Caps in Names?

Invisible Wall Is Around AWGate

Jan 28, 2005, 1:15am
This is a well-known 'feature' of Active Worlds; visit the same coordinates in AlphaWorld.

[View Quote]

Invisible Wall Is Around AWGate

Jan 29, 2005, 8:29pm
A bot is capable of doing this, but the browser (normally) isnt.

[View Quote] > past 32764n, or west or whatever? no you can't...

Customs Aide

Feb 9, 2005, 9:31pm
No, you all have it wrong; it's a rather complicated story.

Operator was jealous of CA and BI, so she created some forged telegrams which appeared to be from the CA; the telegrams were essentially that the CA had been in a long-running affair with the IO. This obviously upset BI, and he went to confront the IO. The BI and IO had a huge fight, and the IO tried to deport BI but he couldn't, so they both agreed that the real problem was the CA and IO simply had her deported.

It's all a huge mess right now.

[View Quote] > no no no.....CA had a huge fight with BI and she left.......BI is alone now and we can get him for good.........cause CA was complaining just the other day that BI is been unfaithfull to her.......shhh dont tell no one about it......:)))))