Buildin error... (Community)

Buildin error... // Community

1  |

wing

Jun 3, 2001, 10:41pm
Building Inspector: Unable to place object (reason 10054)

What the heck? I only got this about 20 consecutive objects.

to me that looks like network errors... truly the server not handling many
objects

tony m

Jun 4, 2001, 11:26am
10054 is a Winsock error number...

.... that means:
sckConnectionReset 10054 The connection is reset by remote side. (taken from
VB help files)

captain mad mike

Jun 4, 2001, 7:25pm
Man I wish someone made a program where when your comp says "_____ error
########" you can just copy and paste and it will give you, in
easy-to-understand English, what that error means.
[View Quote]

jeiden

Jun 4, 2001, 9:57pm
Actually capt there is a program like that for RC codes as well as a webpage
with nothing but the codes and their meaning. Used to have the program until
I had a HD wipe (original cause for my little vacation from AW). Can't
remember where it its but I do remember it was called RC look up.

[View Quote]

jfk2

Jun 5, 2001, 9:00am
Some of you might not believe this..
But there are a few programs that do just what you are asking for in here.
A few of them are SHAREWARE and most of them are FREEWARE.
And my best source for these types of offbeat programs that may be anything
from today =new to about 7 years ago has been http://www.zdnet.com
as they have the largest of all programs in existance next to
http://www.simtel.net
NOTE = Both of these 2 have been in existance since at least 1990 or longer.
BUT ZDNET used to be known in the oldie days as
Ziff Davis Publishing and on the internet they are known as ZDNET...

captain mad mike <cmadmike at crosswinds.net> wrote in
<3b1bfcce$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Man I wish someone made a program where when your comp says "_____ error
>########" you can just copy and paste and it will give you, in
>easy-to-understand English, what that error means.

that means that the server did a thingy that's the equivalent of kicking you
off it...

wing

Jun 5, 2001, 5:00pm
[View Quote] Nice tidbit, but WHAT THE HELL DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC?

tony m

Jun 6, 2001, 11:10am
hey at least its not a post about You-Know-Who

[View Quote]

jfk2

Jun 6, 2001, 2:38pm
Well... That You-Know-Who part... Ok... I'm going to make it
official... I'm ADAPTING Just In AS MY INTERNET BROTHER...
And you know how some brothers are... FIGHT Like Cats And Dogs...
Will... I'll Fight Just In & He will Fight me... and together we can all
have one hell of a good laugh seeing all the other DUMBASSES have a tiff
over us INTERNET BROTHERS having a good go at each other.
That should make for some interesting reading in here... Right...
So if you are ready BROTHER Just In... Say your first naughty word
to me and please make it something sort of nice... Don't want to
shock the hell out of everyone here just yet.
Ohhhh..... and so i don't have some IDIOT say that this is completely
off topic of pertaining to AW... Lets fight over what object it should
be... I'll choose the SIGN5.RWX one & you choose something else...
At least it'll be something about AW and EEP can't scream OFF TOPIC lol

tony m <tony56444 at hotmail.com> wrote in
<3b1e2bb9$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>hey at least its not a post about You-Know-Who

[View Quote]

jeiden

Jun 6, 2001, 8:07pm
Can you at least stop using so many caps and start clicking the spell
checker when you post?

[View Quote]

jfk2

Jun 8, 2001, 12:28am
Youmean i can't post as crappy as all of you people can post? The CAPS
do draw attention to certain parts of that thing.
And as for a spell checker... Hmmmm.... Tried that and after
several days of teaching it not to give me the entire dictionary for a name
like GKIEFFER [best spell checked answer go, goto, goop, gasp, great...etc]
for the first letter of GKIEFFER i turned the blasted thing off.
It's stayed off ever since.